Author's Chapter Notes:
More chapters coming up. PLEASE REVIEW
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




Everyone entered the Hyperion. It looked like an old horror building. It hasn’t been used for a while since Angel moved to Wolfram and Hart. Buffy and Faith moved towards the steps with Angel in their hold. They tried to take him upstairs. Buffy looked back and saw the slayers settling down in the ground floor. Most of them seemed alright with slight cuts and bruises. But it doesn’t seem anything serious to get any of them into a hospital. Buffy got a smile on her face because of beating the odds once again. Earth was saved once more by a small group of people and a powerful witch. She looked at Illyria still trying to figure out what exactly she was. She seemed restless. ‘Must be the fight. Must have got her blood excited. If she has blood that is.’ Buffy got a smirk in her face and continued to move Angel towards his old room. It was still the same and she laid him down on his bed. She looked at Faith who looked exhausted from the fight.

“It’s great to see you Faith. Nice you still have the fighting skills” Buffy commented.

“Hey.. you are the one who retired. I was in Cleveland trying to protect another hellmouth. I should be saying that to you.” Faith came back defensively.

“Been There. Done That. Gained nothing but Lost a lot. Had enough of it. Now it’s time for the next slayer to do the job.” Buffy said with a glimpse of sadness in her voice.

“It’s ok B. I’ve got everything under control. You don’t have to worry about it. Me and Wood are handling things just fine” Faith assured.

“So how is the old principle?” Buffy chuckled.

“He’s NOT old. Besides, he’s got stamina more than the other guys I’ve been with. So he’s there with me still. I left him in charge while I came here to help you guys out.”

“Well… don’t let me keep you away from your guy. If you want to go back, you can. Everything is settled here.” Buffy tried to convince Faith.

“I’ll just stay for a couple of days before I go back. Just in case.”

“It’s up to you. I don’t want your principle to be sad and lonely without you there with him.” Buffy teased.

“Hey.. he can be by himself you know. Besides, how’s your romeo Immortal?” Faith questioned.

A glimpse of sadness came into Buffy’s eyes. She composed herself quickly before replying.

“Things are ok between us.” She tried to convince Faith. But Faith knew better.

“And I’m queen of England. There you are with the Romeo of many centuries whom girls would die to be with and still you have a sad look in your face.”

“It doesn’t feel the same.” Buffy said it and dismissed her thoughts immediately.

“I understand. Listen… if you ever need to talk, I’m here for you now ok?”

“Ok. Thanks.”

Buffy and Faith glanced at Angel who was lying on his bed. They knew he would be alright after drinking some blood. Buffy decided to go find some blood and both slayers move down to the floor to talk to the other slayers.

“Ok girls. Looks like we are going to stay here for a while. Atleast a week. So get comfortable. This is a hotel… Maybe not a five star one but atleast it has rooms and beds. So find yourself a suitable place and get settled.” Buffy ordered to the girls who started to rush towards the rooms upstairs.

Buffy moved to Rebecca and Willow who just entered the doorway of Hyperion. Buffy went immediately to Willow and took her hand to support her. She helped Willow move to a comfy chair near where Angel’s office used to be. She glanced back at Rebecca and gave her an appreciation nod.

“Rebecca… Can you do me a favour and get some pig’s blood from the butcher store? Angel is pretty beaten up and he needs blood to recover.” Buffy asked the slayer who has become pretty strong in the last year.

“Ya Sure Buffy. I’ll be right back.” Rebecca rushed off the door to find a butcher’s shop.

“Seems like the sun is starting to rise. Or maybe it is coming out of the clouds covering it.” Faith said while looking out the window.

“Good thing we got here in time or else Angel would have been toasted IF he survived the battle.” Buffy said it with a smirk. “Told him not to go into the evil side.”

She looked back at Willow who looked tired as hell but holding onto a jacket in her hand. Buffy looked around for anyone to help her. Then she motioned Faith to come close to her.

“Hey… Willow seems tired from the battle. Can you find a room for her to rest in?” Buffy asked Faith who just nodded back.

Faith rushed back upstairs and found a comfortable room for Willow. It seemed refurbished from the other rooms and she decided it would be suitable for the witch. She came back and told Buffy about the room.

“Great. Can you show us the way? We’ll be right behind you.” She took hold of Willow from the side and supported her to get up. Willow kept her hold on the duster on one side while Buffy held onto her from the other side. They all walked up the stairs into the room Faith found.

“I’ll let you two alone and find a room for myself.” Faith excused herself and left to find another room.

Buffy guided Willow to the bed and helped her settle into the bed. Willow was half-conscious but still held onto the duster. After letting her into the bed under the sheets, Buffy tried to take the duster off Willow’s hands to allow her to get comfortable. Just then she had a familiar tingling feeling when she touched the duster. She pulled it off of Willow’s hands and she smelled a familiar smell of alcohol with cigarette in the duster. It was a smell she was really familiar with. It started to bring back some memories from the past for her. But she quickly dismissed it away. ‘My mind is going all off balance lately.’ she thought for herself. “A lot of people drink and smoke and wear the same duster all the time.” she convinced herself.

Buffy took the duster with her and looked around to see many slayers already settled in many rooms. Buffy looked and found a room for herself. It was not as posh as her room in Rome, but it will do for the time being. She dusted the bed and the sheets and she realized the tiredness she has for herself. She was exhausted to move. Buffy decided to take a break and have a small nap before going back downstairs.

She put the duster in a chair in the room and got comfortable in the bed. She almost fell into a sleep. Her mind was taking control of her thoughts. She was remembering the moments of the battle. She remembered seeing the army of demons and she remembered Willow fighting them from the sky. She remembered seeing Illyria and then she remembered a huge fireball at the end of the alley and someone screaming the name ‘SPIKE’. She remembered Willow saying that it wasn’t an illusion and Angel was the one who called Spike’s name from the rooftop. Then her mind started to connect the dots. Spike’s name being called out. Seeing a duster in Willow’s hand which seemed familiar. The smell of the duster being familiar. But then she remembered the moment in Sunnydale when she was with Spike in the last minute before the destruction. Both of them holding hands and her telling Spike “I LOVE YOU” and him replying “No you don’t. But thanks for saying it.” She remembered the pain of his hand burning in fire. And for some reason, she remembered the fireball in the end of the alley again but this time a lot closer now. She felt as if she was burning in the fireball too.

Buffy sprung up awakening from her thoughts.

TBC