Author's Chapter Notes:
I would like to thank Laura Crook for betaing (loss of terms) my story. More chapters coming up. PLEASE REVIEW
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. At least most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




When Buffy finally got downstairs after clearing her thoughts from her dream, it was almost mid-day. She went to see how Willow was doing. She looked into the room to see a peaceful look in her slumbering friend’s face. She walked around and downstairs where she saw some Slayer girls who are still in the beginning stages of their training chatting and giggling regardless of the battle they just survived. Seeing them reminded Buffy of Dawn. Both sisters used to be all friendly and giggly all the time. Though both sisters used to be friendly and close, after all they have been through everything seemed quite serious. And Dawn is trying to live her life as a teenager in Rome which is like a kid in a sweet parlour. All the Italian boys who try to hang around with Dawn makes her feel like a mother protecting her daughter. That reminded her to call Dawn and Giles to let them know how everything went.

She walked downstairs and she saw Faith talking with some Slayers. She moved towards her.

“Hey Faith. How’s everything?”

“Hey B. We were talking about the required stuff to get for the girls here. They don’t understand hair brush and nail polish doesn’t fall under those categories.”

“Well… if they want to keep their looks good, they would need it. They are not natural good looking like you are they?” Buffy said it with a smirk. The girls giggled in very low voices.

“Nice to know you have that sense of humor still B. I’ll tell them to get you some makeup too. You seem to get older nowadays.” Faith said it with a blunt voice.

“Hey.. I’m not ol…” Buffy cut it off because she knew it wasn’t going anywhere. Instead, she asked Faith about the important questions.

“So how many casualties?”

“Five so far. Six including Gunn. Poor guy didn’t have a chance. A human against a bunch of demon army? Not a fair fight if you ask me. Wonder why Angel went in with the blue bird and Gunn into this battle in the first place.”

“We can ask him when he wakes up. By the way, did he get his blood?” Buffy asked while looking around for Rebecca.

“Ya. He got his blood. Becca got it from a Chinese butcher shop which opened early in the morning. He had his food and Becca went to her room to get some sleep.”

“Good. Let the girls take a day rest. No need for any rush. Will cleared the demons in the alley. Just have to make sure no one else came through in different areas.” Buffy said while thinking.

“I’m gonna go to Angel and see how he is doing. Wanna join me or do you need some rest?” She asked while moving towards Angel’s room.

“I’ll join you. Need to know the details before go to sleep. Otherwise my head will explode.” Faith said and chuckled at the imagery of what she said.

Buffy smiled too and moved towards the stairs. She was stopped on her way by Illyria.

“Where did my Pet go? Did anyone see him in the battle field?” She questioned the two Slayers.

“Sorry Illyria. Don’t know what you are talking about. I think Angel will help you with your questions. You can join us if you want.” Buffy said and Illyria nodded in agreement. All three ladies moved entered Angel’s room.

Angel was sitting in his bed alive and conscious. But he still looked pretty beaten up and sorrow was evident in his face. When he saw Buffy entering the room along with Faith, he gave her a short smile.

“Hey Buffy. Long time no see.”

“I know. Seemed like you were evil for some time. Or at least worked for an evil law firm. What happened? Got fired?”

“No. I retired. They didn’t allow me to so I closed the firm.” Angel’s voice was mocking. Buffy chuckled at his response. Faith moved towards Angel.

“Hey Angel… Great to see you still back undead.” She gave him a hug and stepped away. Buffy embraced him briefly as well before moving away.

Angel looked at Illyria, seeing the grief and frustration in her face. She seemed restless and was pacing up and down the room. He knew why she was acting that way but he didn’t want to answer to her at the moment.

Unfortunately Buffy raised the question.

“So how many people in your team died?”

“Let’s see. Wesley died before the battle. I assume Lorne left before the battle. I told him to. He is not a fighting demon anyway. And then I assume Gunn didn’t make it either.” Angel didn’t want to continue after that.

“How did it begin in the first place?” Faith asked the question that has been bothering her for some time now.

“It started when I found out about a group of demons in L.A. who worked for Wolfram and Hart by controlling the world for them. So I decided to take down the group. Me and my team took down all the major players and causing Wolfram and Hart to come after us. How did we survive anyway?”

“Willow came through. She closed the portal and burned all the demons that came through the portal.” Buffy answered with slight proud of her friend.

“Wow… Seems like she’s getting pretty strong isn’t she? Wish she was here when we needed her.” Angel said with a sad voice.

“What are you talking about?” Buffy asked clearly confused.

“I believe you’ve met Illyria” who stopped pacing and looked at Angel. “She is in the body of a close friend of mine. Her name was Fred. Illyria is an ancient demon god from the old well. She was prophesied to come back alive and she took the body of Fred. We needed Willow’s help to get Illyria out of Fred’s body. But we couldn’t because Giles didn’t want to help.” Angel said with a slight anger in his voice.

“I’m sure Giles must have thought you were evil and wanted to do something evil with Willow. You can’t blame him. It is all he could assume after knowing that you were running the evil law firm, right?” Buffy said in defense of Giles. In her mind, she was wondering ‘Why didn’t Giles say anything to me about this?’

“Besides, she was a major help in the battle, Angel. At least she was fighting for the good side. So be happy with what you have, man.” Faith said in her response.

“That doesn’t bring back Fred now does it?” Angel shot back at Faith but then his anger melted away. “I’m sorry. I’m trying to handle my friends’ deaths and I partially feel it is my fault they got into this mess.”

“Come on now Angel. I believe they knew what they were doing. They were doing the good thing and I doubt it they would want to change anything if they are given the chance.” Buffy said, trying to comfort Angel.

“Your leader looks injured badly” Illyria spoke out of nowhere.

“He is Not my leader” Buffy snapped back at Illyria who just ignored what she said.

“We better let you take some rest. We can come back in the evening. There is blood next to your table if you need it. Just give a shout and someone will come in to help you.” Faith assured and tried to leave with Buffy. But before they did, Illyria asked the question she has been waiting to ask.

“What happened to the half-breed?”

Buffy remembered Illyria saying something about Half-Breeds in the fight. She has forgotten about it in the heat of the battle. But now she remembers so she turns and waits for Angel to respond.

Angel was trying to look away and avoid the question. But the stares he got from Illyria and then Buffy made him turn back towards them. From the looks the ladies gave, he knew he has to tell the truth. He sighed and spoke to Illyria softly.

“I’m sorry. He didn’t make it. He died in the fire.”

Illyria looks distraught. She felt grief for the Spike. He has become her favourite ever since she came back alive. She felt the emotions Fred had for Wesley and Spike. And her feelings for her pet were also there. So it made her feel sad and upset.

“I will miss him,” she said softly.

“Who?” Buffy questioned. “I can’t remember any vampire working with you in the good side Angel. Unless he is a new acquaintance for you from the Powers That Be.” She looked confused.

“Ya Angel. Last time I saw you, there were no vampires with you. So who is he?” Faith asked the question too.

Before Angel could answer to any of the girls, Illyria spoke.

“He is Spike. A strong half-breed with a soul who fought against evil to save your world and gave his life. He was my favourite pet and I will miss him and hope his soul rests in peace” Illyria said trying to hide the emotions she was feeling.

Angel frowned of Illyria’s interruption but felt grief for the words she spoke of Spike. He has indeed been a hero. Angel failed to register that in his mind.

Faith looked shock. She didn’t believe what she was hearing. The last time she saw him, he was down in the basement of Sunnydale High School. He was dying and he should be dead. ‘How did he come back alive and die again?’ She questioned herself.

Buffy was in a shock. She only heard until Illyria say ‘Spike’. Everything else faded away and the next second, she was falling to the floor.



A/N : If you are wondering about Spike, don’t worry. I was building up a base for his re-entry into my story. Now that it’s been covered, I guess SPIKE will be BACK SOON.

TBC