Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your patience. Hope the story is interesting. I would like to thank Laura Crook for betaing (loss of terms) my story. More chapters coming up. PLEASE REVIEW guys. More reviews means quick chapters. So give me your feedbacks.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. At least most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




Meanwhile, back in Hyperion…

“Buffy,” Angel and Faith called out simultaneously. Faith was the closest to Buffy, catching her quickly before the other Slayer hit the ground. Angel’s face clouded over with worry for Buffy, but his injury prevented him from moving to her aid.

“Illyria… can you fetch some water for Buffy?” He looked at Illyria pleadingly.

Illyria stared at Angel for a moment before moving away towards the kitchen. She came back with a glass of water in her hand.

Faith took the glass and splashed some water in Buffy’s face. The cool water caused Buffy to stir and wake. When she came back, Faith offered some water to her mouth for her to drink and Buffy accepted it gladly. After taking a moment to steady herself, Buffy was up on her feet.

“What happened?” Buffy looked confused. “Why was I on the ground?”

‘Oh Boy’ Faith thought in her mind. ‘She doesn’t remember. What should I do?’

Buffy looked at Faith and Angel with her confused eyes. “Guys… please tell me what happened.” She demanded half and pleaded the rest.

“You fainted.” Faith said being a bit uncomfortable with the situation. She looked at Angel who had a guilty look on his face.

“Why?” Buffy questioned.

“Because you got to know Spike was alive in here with Angel all this time.” Faith said in one breath and was ready for Buffy to have another shock.

“What? What?” Buffy was questioning and not believing what she was hearing. Suddenly the thought of what happened before she fainted ran through her mind. She remembered what she heard from Illyria.

“I…. I….” Buffy was struggling for words. She couldn’t think straight to come up with a sentence. The whole world didn’t make any sense to her at the moment.

“What happened?” She asked with a squeaked whisper not directing the question to anyone. She knew only one person in the room knew the proper answer to that question.

Angel looked guilty and uncomfortable with the situation. He didn’t know how to explain it to her. He cannot blame anyone or ask anyone else to explain. He was the only one left who could tell it to Buffy. And he knew what the result of that would be.

“He came back as a ghost from the amulet I gave you before the battle with the first.” He said in a soft voice. He couldn’t look at Buffy so he was staring at the far end of the wall.

“A ghost?” Buffy’s voice was a bit louder now. She was gaining the strength to speak bit by bit.

“Ya. Close to a ghost anyway. He was tied to the Amulet. The amulet came by mail to my office.” Angel replied.

“So how did he get in the fight?” Buffy found her voice now and started to think straight.

“He became corporeal about six months ago. Magic’s work” Angel was wincing at the thought of series of questions he was expecting to come.

“Then why didn’t he call me? Tell me he was alive? Why didn’t he come back to visit me?” Buffy raised her voice by her thoughts.

“Why didn’t you tell me in the first place?” She asked Angel with the sudden thought.

Angel was surprised. He was expecting questions about Spike. But he didn’t expect an explanation for himself. “I… I…” It was Angel’s time to run out of words.

“You didn’t want him to see me did you? You didn’t tell him anything about me. You didn’t let him come back to me.” Buffy started to blame Angel for Spike’s absence.

Angel started to get angry by the accusations. “You were the one who cut all connections with me in the first place.” He blurted out. “You were the one who told Andrew that I cannot be trusted anymore. And don’t blame me for Spike not coming back to you. I tried to stop him at first of course. But he never listens to what I say in the first place. At first he was tied to this place when he was a ghost. But after he got corporeal, he had a chance to come back to you when Andrew was here. But he didn’t. It was his decision.” Angel said very quickly before thinking of what he was saying. He didn’t realize what it would do to Buffy’s feelings. When he did, he looked apologetic.

Buffy’s expressions were unexplainable. She had a mixed of thoughts. When Angel kept on talking, she got a lot of images running in her mind along with her thoughts. She kept wondering why Spike didn’t try to contact her. She couldn’t explain anything. She was confused and distraught by the information Angel gave her, especially the part about Andrew.

“An… Andrew knew?” Buffy was struggling to control her emotions again.

Angel had a guilty look for the pain he caused for Buffy when he spoke. “Yes. When he was here to take Dana the Slayer back, he met Spike. And he also saw us in Rome.” Angel told her not wanting to hide anything anymore from her.

“Andrew knew and he didn’t tell me?” Buffy was talking to herself loudly thinking of some explanations to the actions that happened without her knowledge. Then the last words Angel spoke hit her.

“Wait a minute. You were in Rome? You and Spike? When? Why?” She started to question again afraid of the reply she was going to get.

Angel got a slight anger and sorrow feelings when he remembered the memories of that trip. “Yes. We were on a mission to retrieve a head of a demon for his family. And we heard of the Immortal hanging around near your place. So we decided to rescue you from him, only to learn that he was your boyfriend. We knew you have moved on with your life. So Spike and I decided to let you live your life without interrupting.” When Angel finished, his voice sounded as if he was blaming her.

Buffy was distressed by the thought of Spike seeing her with the Immortal. She imagined the feeling he must have felt when he saw her. She felt very cheap and guilty for her actions. She tried to speak but her voice was cracking with her emotions.

“He was… he was not my boyfriend.” Buffy said it finally.

“Just like Spike was huh? Let me remember what you said to me before the final battle with the first… Oh Yes. ‘He was not my boyfriend. But he is in my heart.’ Right?” Angel was accusing her now not regarding her emotions. Angel was hurt by the thought of her and the Immortal together. He knew Spike would have felt the same way as he did. Angel knew since Spike’s return that he cared about Buffy as much as he himself did. Maybe more. He never appreciated it or acknowledged it. But right now, he knew how Spike felt.

“The Immortal was not in my heart.” Buffy started to defend herself. Her voice trembling as she tried to control her feelings not willing to cry in front of Angel. “He was just convenient.” She finally said it to Angel, she finally admitted it to herself.

“Just like Spike was after I left huh?” Angel said it continuing his accusation. He was too angry to think what Buffy was going through. The loss of his friends and Spike’s sacrifice hit his emotions too hard that he was not looking at the emotions that were going through Buffy currently.

Angel’s last statement hit Buffy very hard. Unable to control her emotions any longer, Buffy broke down and turned around running towards her room. She didn’t care about the Slayers in the hall who were staring at Buffy oddly. Ever since they had known her, they had never seen her cry. So it was a shock for all of them. Buffy ran to her room and fell on top of her bed crying her eyes out. She let all her emotions of sorrow and guilt hit her and cried as much as she can determine to empty her tears.

Faith was quite all this time, seeing Buffy crying and running back, gave Angel a dirty look and started to run and follow Buffy. She saw the looks on the Slayers’ faces and gave them an assuring nod that everything was all right. It calmed the junior Slayers and they returned to what they were doing. Faith went to Buffy’s room and saw the other Slayer was still crying in her bed. She went close to Buffy and touched her shoulders to comfort her. Buffy turned around.

“Faith… Please leave. I want to be alone for a while.” She said with her tears-filled eyes begging her to listen.

Faith realized Buffy needing some time alone, nodded her head in agreement. She started to move towards the door and looked back at Buffy to say her final words.

“B… Don’t take what Angel said too seriously. He was out of his mind. Must be from the hit he got from falling down.” And with that, she left the room closing the door behind her.

After Faith left, Buffy said it herself, “He was telling the truth. I did use Spike because he was convenient.” Thoughts of her having sex and beating him up ran through her mind. She remembered the way Spike tried to reach her and how she ignored and rejected him all the time. She started to feel the guilt and sorrow again and she fell back in her pillow crying. She cried herself out until she fell asleep.

After falling asleep, Buffy started to have a dream. It was too dark for her to see. She heard someone having a conversation. But she couldn’t see or listen to what they say clearly. She tried to focus but failed. After a moment into their conversation, a sudden flare came into the place. She saw a figure hanging from the walls by something. She saw a demon close to where she was standing talking to that figure in the wall. The demon started to walk and she tried to move. To her surprise, she could. She moved closer and closer to the wall. When she got close, she saw the figure was human with a really bruised and burnt body. She tried to focus and something got her attention. The human’s bleached shiny hair. It was unique as always to tell her it was Spike. She tried to move forward but some sort of force field blocked her from moving. She saw the demon talking to Spike. She couldn’t hear anything but from the way demon was acting around Spike, she knew it was not friendly. Suddenly another two demons walked from behind towards Spike. She tried to reach them and attack them but the force field kept her from moving close to any of them. Then she saw one of the demons close to Spike taking some metallic ritual knives from the tray that the other demon was holding. It placed onto Spike’s body and from the look of Spike’s pained shock face, it was clear that it was a torture knife. Spike tried to hold back but when a second knife was placed close to his chest, Spike let out a chilling scream. It shook Buffy’s body and she awoke from her dream crying out “Spike”.

A/N : Another cliffhanger. Hope it’s good enough. PLEASE REVIEW.

TBC