Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your patience. Hope the story is interesting. More chapters coming up. PLEASE REVIEW. Last chapter was very emotional but no reviews. Please give your opinion on the story so that I can get encouraged by it.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.






Spike is awakening from the pain he felt before passing out. He was still feeling the healing of the wounds in his chest. It felt a lot like how it was when he was captured by the first. Except he knew there is no Buffy to come for his rescue this time. He was mentally scared that he will be suffering like this for a long time. But he didn’t want to show that to his torturers. It will be what they want and he will be damned before giving them what they want.

He saw the flare in the room still burning and there is nobody in the room but himself. He looked down at his chest seeing all the blood that has flown through his wounds created a pool in the floor. He didn’t know what the demon wanted. He didn’t know what he could to escape. All he knew was that whatever it is, he is all alone in this hell.

‘Is this hell? Am I in hell?’ Spike wondered.

Just then he heard footsteps coming into the room. He saw the same demon that was there earlier.

“Ah. You are awake. I was wondering how long it would take you to wake up. Vampires are quick healers aren’t they?” The W&H questioned knowing the answer.

“I don’t drink human blood you bloody ponce.” Spike hissed.

“Weakness of being ensouled I see. Anyway, we should get down to business.”

“What do you want from me?” Spike asked the demon weakly.

“Nothing but the pleasure of watching you being tortured. See… I had this plan to get in your dimension. But unfortunately some vampires with souls decided to play the hero and screwed up my plans. Now I will have to redo some of my work. Not a total loss I must say. But it was a step back for me. And I don’t like step backs. So, I get some satisfaction of torturing one of the people who caused my step back.” W&H explained.

“Torture all you want. But I don’t think you can break me anytime soon. Vampire remember? Have healing powers unlike mortals.”

“I see you have a point in there. I do think that physical pain is something you are willing to bear. I guess I should take another approach then.” With that, W&H moved to a corner in the room and started to meditate. Spike wondered what he was doing but his question was answered after a couple of minutes.

A woman reminding Spike a lot of Drusilla came into the room. W&H glanced at her pleased to see his telepathy has succeeded. She walked around as if she was floating in the air. She looked lost just like Drusilla.

“What made you call me old friend?” the lady asked W&H.

“I believe I have a gift for you.”

“I hope it is worthy than the last gift. It still roams in my thoughts very often.” The woman seemed to be disturbed by the thought.

“Of course Maricca. This gift is worthier than any other. This is a vampire who was gifted with a soul. He was the Scourge of Europe. He was part of Order of Aurelius. He has lived for over a century and has memories of it. I believe it could satisfy your hunger.” W&H said quickly trying to get rid of the past thoughts from Maricca.

“A vampire with a soul huh? A rare occurrence indeed. Is he a powerful one?” she questioned.

“Yes. He wrecked Europe along with some other vampires for almost a century. He was known for his style with railroad spikes. He got his name because of it.”

“Impressive. If I get what I want, you will get what you need.” With that, Maricca walked towards Spike standing very close to him.

“Hey little fella. Don’t worry about a thing. Mommy will take care of you.” She brushed her backhand slightly over Spike’s cheekbones. She was acting as if she was touching him when in reality she did not. She seemed to get some feelings when she did that.

“I’m not anyone’s little fella.” Spike said with trying show his anger through his tone.

“Don’t worry. This won’t hurt…” She said and she brought her hands in front of Spike’s eyes. Her fingernails suddenly started to grow. They were becoming like long needles. She brought her hands to either side of his head and in one swift motion, pushed the fingers in both hands into Spike’s head reaching into his brains with her nails. Spike screamed in pain. She finished her sentence with “much.”




After Buffy falling asleep, she drifted onto her dream again. She was in the room as she was before. But this time, the light was there. She saw another two figures near the wall. They were close to the chained body which Buffy guessed Spike this time. Buffy got close but only up to a distance. She saw the two figures now. She cannot recognize them other than they were demons. One was a woman who was a lot like a human but something in her made Buffy know that she was indeed a demon. The other demon was the man Buffy saw earlier in her dream. The woman now was talking to Spike and then she saw the fingernails in the woman’s hands started to grow. She saw the woman bringing her hand close to Spike’s head and pushed her fingers into his head. Buffy shivered with terror when she heard Spike’s scream. She saw his face falling down into unconscious. She could feel the pain he was feeling and it was unbearable.

Buffy woke up from her dream shivering with the pain that she felt in her dream. She cannot figure out why she was having these dreams. She didn’t know what else to do but let the others know about the dreams. She decided the only person she could tell right now was Willow. She reached the door and thought about calling out. But she decided against it as to not alert the other Slayers. She went downstairs and found Willow in the library reading some book Angel kept for reference. When she reached the doorstep of the room, Willow sensed someone and looked up to see Buffy.

“Hey Buffy. Why are you up? Did you have a nice sleep?” Willow questioned.

“Actually No. That’s why I came here to talk to you.”

Willow frowned. Buffy’s voice seemed distressed. Something other than Spike’s death is affecting her. “Come and sit here” she pointed a chair next to her to Buffy.

Buffy walked in and sat on the chair. Willow took Buffy’s hands feeling the cold in them. She felt the shiver Buffy was having.

“Buffy. Are you feeling ok? You seemed to be shaking.”

“I’ve been having these dreams. Dreams about…” Buffy wondered how to say it for a moment. But in the end, she decided to tell it straight. “Spike.” She finally blurted out.

“What kind of dreams?” In any other occasion, Willow would have teased her friend on her confession. But this is not a humorous time. Matter seems to be very serious.

“I’m not sure. It was similar like the earlier dream. I think they are Slayer dreams. But I’m not the only Slayer anymore. Everyone should feel it right?” Buffy asked confused.

“Right. As far as I know, none of the Slayers have mentioned anything about dreams. So I guess it is only you. Can you tell me more about these dreams?”

“It is not very pleasant. Actually all I see is Spike chained up to a wall and some demons torturing him. He seems to be in great pain.”

“Wait a minute… you said dreams, as in plural. How many have you had so far?” Willow asked remembering Buffy’s earlier dream.

“Two so far. Ever since I got to know that he was… was…” Buffy struggled to say the words.

“I understand.” Willow intervened. She understood what Buffy must be going through. But she didn’t know what she could do to help Buffy.

“Can I suggest something?” Willow asked after a moment of thinking.

“What?”

“I was planning on contacting Giles & Dawn. Xander must be there now with them. Why don’t we ask them to come down here? Giles must know what these dreams mean and Dawn & Xander will be helpful to clean up this mess here.” Willow suggested.

“I don’t want to bring Xander & Dawn into this right now. L.A. is not a safe place at the moment.”

“As if Sunnydale was. Besides, they have grown up a lot Buffy. I think they can take care of themselves.” Willow argued. She wanted them to be here so that Buffy could have all the support she can have.

“Ok. I guess Dawn need to know about him too.” Buffy said unconvinced. She was not strong enough to talk to Dawn about Spike. She didn’t know what or how she could explain it. The only person other than herself who cared about Spike was her little sister.

“Great. I’ll call them right away.” Willow rushed to the phone before Buffy changed her mind.

Buffy slowly walked her way to the office of Angel Investigations. Willow was on the phone.

“Yes Giles. Everything went ok. Have some casualties though. Will explain when we see each other.”

Buffy couldn’t hear the reply on the other end of the phone.

“Did Xander arrive from Africa?”

“Great. Can you do me a favor and bring Dawn & Xander along with you here. We have a situation that needs all of you.”

Buffy saw Willow tensed a moment before replying on the phone.

“No Giles. Buffy is ok. It is something else. A Slayer situation if you must know. Please come here. I’ll explain everything when you come here ok? It is urgent so come as fast as you can.”

Willow relaxed on hearing the reply.

“Thanks. Come to the Hyperion. Ya. The same place. I’ll see you tomorrow morning then.” With that, she hung up the phone and turned to Buffy.

“They are catching tonight’s plane. Seems like its free since it is not vacation time. And Watcher Council has privileges on traveling. They’ll arrive by tomorrow early morning.”

Buffy saw outside the window and noticed it was dark. She didn’t know what to do until then. She was scared to go back to sleep. She didn’t want the dreams to come back again. She decided she could patrol since there are a lot of demons around now in L.A.

“I’ll go on a patrol and come back soon.” Buffy said to Willow.

Willow didn’t know what to do. She didn’t want Buffy to be alone and in danger. Buffy was not stable in her current situation. But she didn’t want to force Buffy to sit around and wait as well. It might do harm than good. Finally she decided to let Buffy be on her way.

“Ok. But take Faith with you as a precaution. Don’t want you to feel alone right now.”

“I’m already alone.” Buffy whispered softly. “But to satisfy you, I’ll take Faith with me.” Looking at her friend’s disturbed face; Buffy said “I’ll be careful. I promise.” Buffy saw her friend’s face getting some sort of satisfaction by her promise.

Both of them walked out of the office into the Slayers’ training room. As expected, they found Faith sparring with some junior Slayer. Buffy called out to Faith.

“Hey Faith, how about we both go out hunt some demons?”

Hearing Buffy’s voice, Faith knew Buffy needed distraction so she decided to play along. “Cool B. I’ll be with you in a moment.” With that, Faith took down the junior Slayer with a scissor lock to her feet and helped her get up.

“You girls keep training harder. Don’t want you to fumble during a fight.” She ordered the girls and moved on to where Buffy was standing.

“Impressive.” Buffy said.

“Thanks B. So you ready?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”

With that, both senior Slayers moved to the door exiting to the alleyway.

A/N : PLEASE REVIEW.

TBC