Second Chances Chapter Three ::Getting To Know You::

Chapter 3 Getting to Know Each Other. Beta: Sunlit5 Thank you for your comments. :) Really.

Spike had dropped Buffy off at her house and ended the evening with a goodnight kiss. Buffy watched as he drove away and lazily made her way inside. She wasn’t expecting two pairs of eyes staring at her, including her little sister Dawn. 'Wasn’t she supposed to be in bed?' Buffy thought.

“Faith called.” Joyce, Buffy’s mother, informed her.

“That’s nice. Did she say anything interesting?” Buffy said as she hung her jacket and apron up before turning to face her mother.

“Oh, I believe she did.”

In an instant Joyce was in Buffy’s face and yelling.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Did I raise you to get into older men’s cars?!” Joyce screamed.

Buffy looked past her mother and her eyes fell on Dawn, her eight year old sister.

“Dawn, go upstairs, ok sweetie?”

Dawn began walking when her mother stopped her.

“No. Stay. You can learn a lesson for the future if you ever decide to make stupid decisions that could get you killed!”

“Mom? I’m ok. I know him, he … he comes in every morning and stays for like two hours. He’s been doing that for like ever.” Buffy tried to reason.

“Faith doesn’t trust him, Buffy.”

“So?”

“You know she always looks out for you.” Joyce said as she sat on the couch, pulling Dawn onto her lap and patting the seat next to her, indicating for Buffy to sit.

Buffy sat, “I don’t need her to look out for me, and hello! I am so totally calling her when I get upstairs. She’s supposed to be my friend, not my mother.”

“She worries and that makes me worry.”

“I’m twenty years old. I can make my own decisions, and I trust him. I do. And hey,” Buffy smiled at her mother, “Maybe you can meet him, I mean, we’re just friends or whatever but if that would make you feel better, then you can.” ‘Even though now, that’s going to scare him away,’ Buffy thought.

“Well,” Joyce sighed. “Okay. I just don’t want anything to happen to you. I’m sorry for yelling … ”

“Mom, don’t. It’s okay, okay?” Buffy hugged her mother, stood and kissed Dawn on the head before going upstairs to her room.

Buffy was late. She was rarely late. It seems that whenever you are late, you suddenly can’t find your keys. You forget something. Traffic gets … well more trafficy. She walked in exactly 17 minutes later than she was supposed to, but lucky for her the manager wasn’t even in yet, but Faith was.

“Someone’s late. Have fun last night? Oh, and by the way, I’m glad you’re not dead.” Faith said as she picked up an order for a customer.

“Yes, I am late. Yes I did have fun and thank you.” Buffy smiled, hiding the fact that she was rather not happy with her dear friend. “Oh, and thank you for calling my mother. She totally bitched me out, but it was a quieter bitch than usual.”

Faith sighed, “Yea, sorry about that.”

Buffy turned around giving Faith an impossible look, “That’s it. You’re sorry? Faith, you’re not my mom. You’re my best friend for goodness sake! You’re supposed to look out for me, not …” Buffy stopped.

“Yea, I was looking out for you, you don’t even know him. Yet you leave with him? That’s so not like you B. Shit, I have to get to work, and I’m guessing this customer actually wants his food … like this century. We’ll talk about this later.” Faith rolled her eyes, grabbed her tray full of food and went to help the customer.

Buffy put her apron on, checked her hair in the mirror by the door and went out into the dining area, welcoming new customers. She took in the fact that Spike always sat in the same booth. Nobody was in the booth now. Did they know that he sat there every morning and were saving him the seat? Buffy looked at her watch, and noted that there were still thirty-five minutes left to find out.

Forty minutes later and still no one had sat in that booth.

Five minutes after that, Spike did.

After bringing a table of customers their order, she sauntered over to him, pad in hand, “Hey you,” Buffy said as she smiled at him.

Spike looked up at her and grinned.

“Coffee decaf.”

“Coming right up, sir.”

Buffy headed to the waitress station, got out a mug and did as he requested.

“You so slept with him, didn’t you?” Faith spoke up while watching Spike from behind the station. “He looks … not like he usually does. He must have gotten some booty from you.”

Buffy avoided her friend’s question and instead asked a question. “Where were you last night? I called.”

Faith smirked, “I was getting some booty last night.”

“Now, see? You’re a total hypocrite … Was it good?”

“No, I’m that kind of girl, you’re not, and yes it was good. I may even call him,” Faith informed Buffy with a smile.

“Uh-huh. Good for you.” Buffy headed back to Spike’s table and placed the mug in front of him. “There you go.”

“Thanks.”

Buffy nodded and began to walk away.

“Hey …”

Buffy stopped and turned to face him, “Yea?”

“What are you doing tonight?”

“Nothing that I can think of.” Buffy walked back over to him. “You have any ideas of what I could be doing?”

Spike grinned and took a sip of his coffee, then looked at her. “I could think of a few things …”

“Spike … would those be naughty things?”

“If you want, I’m open to anything.”

“She’s going out with me.” Faith butted in. “Dancing.”

Buffy turned around and saw Faith standing there. “I am?”

“Yep.”

Spike pulled out his newspaper and spread it out on the table, “Oh, well,” looking a bit disappointed.

Buffy leaned in close to him, too close and whispered, “I’ll take care of that real quick. Give me a minute.” Buffy stood back up, “Faith, let’s go and work out those plans.” She grabbed Faith’s hand and led her back to the station, leaving a grinning Spike behind.

“What the hell is your problem and since when am I going dancing with you?!”

Faith shrugged, “Since now? Come on, I really want you to go. Maybe you’ll find someone your own age to be doing naughty things with.” Faith was mocking her. Oh yes, that was definite Buffy mockage.

“Um, no. That’s okay, but have fun with that. And besides … I thought I wasn’t that kind of girl?” Buffy sweetly reminded her.

With the roll of her eyes, Faith replied, “Please? Just come out with me tonight and you can meet the guy that may steal my heart.”

Buffy sighed, “Fine. I’ll go and watch you be happy.”

“Thank you. That’s all I want anyway.” Faith went to go help her customers while Buffy walked back over to Spike’s table and informed him of what was going on.

“Thought you were going to take care of it? Seems like she took care of you instead,” Spike told her as he looked over the paper.

Buffy sat in the booth with a dramatic sigh, “She wants me to meet the man of her dreams, if that’s even possible. That girl is incapable of loving.”

Spike glanced at her, “Well, it is Friday; you could come by after …”

“That would be after two … Faith likes to stay until they turn the damn lights on and kick everyone out.”

“That’s okay, I’ll wait up …”

“I’ll also have to tell my mother also, she worries.”

“What about saying the weekend?” he asked.

“That would be going too fast, now Spikey.”

“Fast? And don’t call me Spikey.” He told her.

“Well, we are only friends.”

“Friends getting to know each other.”

Buffy leaned in close and whispered, “Oh, I see, you wanna feel my goodies!”

Spike grinned, “Maybe.”

“Uh-huh, I have to get back. You know I have other tables to take care of,” She said as she stood up.

Spike took her hand, “So you’ll come?”

“Yea, I’ll be there,” Buffy said then walked away to take care of her other tables.

Buffy had talked to her mother about her plans, and surprisingly she had been cool with it. Oh, maybe that was because Buffy told her that she was staying over at Faith’s tonight. Yea, that was it.

Faiths new ‘crush’ didn’t show up, so Faith had fun ‘crushing’ on other guys. Faith had introduced the current guy she was dancing with to Buffy, but she wasn’t really paying attention. Her thoughts drifted to the sexy blonde that was waiting for her.

“Hey, turn here,” Buffy said and sat up in her seat in Faiths car.

“And why am I doing this, this isn’t the way to your house.”

“I know,” Buffy yawned.

“Where am I taking you?”

Buffy just looked at her.

“Oh, no. I’m not taking you there.”

“Girl, you’d better turn down that street.”

Faith turned down the street and saw that she entered a subdivision, a nice one at that.

“The guys loaded.”

“Is it your business?”

“Just wanted to know …”

“Fine. He has some money,” Buffy sighed and grabbed her purse from the backseat.

“Did you even bring a bag, cause I assume you’re staying the night.” Faith asked.

“Fuck.”

Faith just grinned.

Buffy looked at her, “You got any extra clothes in here?”

“Nope, I don’t. Sorry.”

“Shit, shit, shit.” Buffy cursed herself. “I’ll just sleep in my clothes, turn here.”

“Here?”

“Yes, in the driveway,” Buffy said and looked to see if there was a light on. There definitely was.

“Nice place.”

“Yea, it is nice. Thank you for the ride and sorry that your ‘Romeo’ wasn’t there tonight.” Buffy unbuckled her seat belt and turned to go.

“If you need anything, or … like if you want me to come and get you, I will, Ok? Just call.” Faith told her.

Buffy smiled, thanked her and walked to the door.

Faith waited until Buffy was let inside, then pulled out and drove home.

Spike smirked as Buffy walked past him to the living room, watching as she plopped on the couch.

“Have a good time tonight?” Spike asked and sat down next to her.

“It was okay, I’m so tired though. I haven’t been out that late in awhile,” Buffy said as she leaned back on the couch.

Spike leaned her forward and sat behind her, rubbing her shoulders, “Should I put you to bed now?”

“Oh, I think by you rubbing me like that, I’m going to fall asleep now …”

Spike grinned and kissed her neck, “Don’t really want that, but if you have to …”

“I’m sorry.” Buffy yawned and leaned her head back, closing her eyes.

Spike’s hand that was on her shoulder made its way down to her stomach. The other on her thigh. He continued to kiss her neck, while his hand made its way under her baby T. Buffy took in a sharp breath, but let him continue. It was feeling too good. Her body subconsciously started moving against him, and she knew how much it was affecting him when she heard him groan.

“Can I?”

Buffy knew what he was asking and she nodded her head. Spike grabbed her shirt by the hem and pulled it over her head, placing the shirt next to them. He ran his fingertips up her sides, which made her giggle, then moan when they found their destination. Spike cupped her breasts, his thumbs running circles over her nipples. Very hard nipples he noted.

“Buffy, let’s go to bed …”

“Mmm …” Was all he got as a response.

Spike moved her hair out of the way, and began to kiss her shoulder, while he brought his hands to the clasp of her bra.

‘Snap’

Buffy moaned as he pulled her bra down and off.

He palmed her breasts and moved his hands in circles, breathing hard on her neck. She arched back into him, pressing herself more into him. She could feel for herself how much this was getting to him. She took advantage of that.

“Buffy …”

“Mmm …”

He pinched and pulled at her nipples making Buffy gasp.

“Turn around … want to see you.”

Buffy sat up and turned herself around straddling his lap.

“Beautiful,” he commented then put his mouth on her, circling her nipple with his tongue. Buffy ground herself on him.

“Ooh … Spike …”

“I know, baby, let’s go to bed.”

“I … yea, let’s do that.” She made up her mind. She wanted him, and she was going to have him.

Tonight.

 

TBC