Chapter Nine

Buffy awoke to Spike kissing her neck and working his hand down her body. She let out a happy sigh and leaned back against him.

“Ah, kittens up isn’t she?” Spike whispered against her hair. She wiggled against him and felt that he was naked. He was currently sliding her panties down her legs. She kicked them off and moved to roll on her back.

“Morning.”

Spike rolled atop her and glanced at the clock, “Well yes, but we’re not supposed to get up for another two hours.”

“Oh, so you’re looking for some nookie?” She asked as she wrapped her legs around him.

He kissed her while placing his cock at her entrance and gently pushed in, “Something like that …” He kissed her again and she wrapped her arms around him.

She broke apart from him and moaned, “That’s okay … nookie me up.”

~~~~~~~~~

“What do you want for breakfast? We have eggs, bacon and your classic cereal.”

“I guess cereal,” Matthew muttered then yawned.

Spike fixed him a bowl of cereal and placed it in front of his son. “I’m going to go finish getting ready then we’ll go, okay?”

“Okay.”

Spike walked back into his room and saw Buffy still in bed.

“Hey I thought I told you to get up, and yet here you are still in bed.” Spike said as he went to his closet.

Buffy whined then rolled over, “Just a little bit longer.” She put the pillow over her head.

“Get your ass up, we have to go soon. Don’t make me come over there …” He warned.

“And what are you going to do?” She challenged.

Spike pulled his shirt on and reached for his tie. “You’ll just have to find out.”

Buffy didn’t say anything. She continued to lie there. She jumped though went she felt the slap on her ass.

“What the hell?!” Buffy sat up and rested her eyes on a grinning Spike.

“I told you to get up, next time it will be water.” He pulled her to her feet, kissed her, then gave her a shove to the bathroom.

“I’m so going to get you back,” Buffy said then shut the bathroom door to do her morning routine.

Spike shook his head and sighed. He looked in the mirror and knotted his tie, “Taking care of two bloody kids, I swear.”

~~~~~

Spike drove Buffy to her house, and he and Matthew waited in the car while Buffy put on her uniform. She finally came out and Spike drove her to work. Before Buffy got out of the car at the diner, Spike pulled her close and gave her a peck on the lips.

“Call me when you get off, okay?”

“Yeah, I will.” Buffy turned in her seat and smiled at Matthew, “See you later; I hope you have fun at school.”

Matthew smiled and said thank you.

After Matthew got in the front seat and put on his seat belt, Spike pulled out and headed toward the school.

“Is she going to live with us?” Matthew asked out of the blue.

Spike didn’t say anything for a few beats, “Why do you ask that?”

“I was just wondering if she was going to be my mother, that’s all.”

Spike took a deep breath and tried to explain. “Buffy is my friend. A very good friend and she will be staying with us on occasion. I’m not sure about the moving in bit, but … How do you feel about her?”

“She seems nice … I guess.”

Spike smiled, “You guess?”

“I miss my mom.” Matthew looked at Spike, “Do you miss mommy?”

“Oh, well, of course I do.” Spike kept his eyes on the road.

“Then why did you let us leave? Why did mommy take me away?”

Oh, because I was a drunk and an asshole to Fred …

“Well, because I was sick and your mother wanted me to get better.” Spike said.

The boy frowned, “Well you’re not sick now. Why didn’t you come back?”

Spike wasn’t sure how to answer that question. He didn’t want to badmouth Fred, but he didn’t know how to answer him without badmouthing her.

“Your mother wanted to …,” Spike sighed. “She thought it was best if it was just you and her because I was sick, but yes I’m better now and I’m going to take care of you.”

“Do you still love me?”

“I never stopped.” Spike told him.

~~~~~

Spike took Matthew to school and got him signed up for classes. He let his son know that he would be there to pick him up when school was over because Matthew didn’t know what schoolbus to take home. Buffy had said that she would call when her shift ended at the diner, but he decided to go visit her anyway.

He walked into the diner and sat down in his regular booth. He looked around hoping to see Buffy but he didn’t. He figured she was in the back of the restaurant. Spike saw Faith though when she grabbed her tray and started walking toward the table.

“Hey.” Faith greeted him, “You want the usual?”

“Sure, where’s Buffy?” Spike asked as he gave the menu back to Faith.

“On break, she should be coming back soon.” Faith took the menu and headed back to put his order in.

Spike sat there wondering where she was. He just figured she finally got tired of the food at the restaurant and decided to go somewhere else. Then he looked at his watch. It was too early for her to go on break.

Faith came back and placed his coffee on the table and began to walk away.

“Faith, can I ask you something?” Spike asked.

“Shoot.”

“Where is she?”

“On break like I just told you. Getting hard of hearing?” Faith smirked, “Nah, I’m just playing with you. She had some sort of doctor’s appointment.”

He didn’t say anything.

Faith continued, “I would think you would know considering how snug you two have become.”

“No, I didn’t know.”

The bell on the counter rang indicating that his food was ready; Faith went and got it for him.

“Anything else?” Faith asked.

“No, I’m fine.”

Faith nodded and left the table.

Spike didn’t think anything else of the doctor’s appointment and began eating his breakfast.

TBC