The rushing waves were soothing, making the beach a very pleasant place to sleep. They had to stop because of the dense fog which caused their visibility to be almost non existent. They couldn't see much in front of them so stopping was the only logical thing to do. As night approached, the exhausted trio fell asleep quickly.

Then a loud sound awoke them.

"What the hell is that?" Harmony grumbled. She lifted her head and glanced around in the direction where it was coming from. Her eyes bulged when she spotted a big white temple sitting atop a small hill in the distance. She looked over at Issa and Xander who had the same astonished look on their faces.

"Well, I guess it's 6 o'clock," Xander said.

After packing up, they headed towards the temple. Xander looked up and gasped at how huge this building was. He spotted a crowd walking towards the front doors, probably there for a morning sermon or something. Xander helped Issa and Harmony up the jagged rocks to the side of the temple. He held his hand back, so not to be seen yet.

"Hold on, we're not exactly in our Sunday best, so it's better we wait until the session is over," Xander told them.

"So, the gem piece is in there?" Harmony asked.

"Yup, according to Wally," he answered.

Harmony sat on the edge of the rocks and pouted. "Why can't we just get it now? We came all this way..."

"Cus, Harm. These people might think we're hostile, or something not welcome here. We have to play it cool," Xander told her, annoyed.

After much pouting, Harmony agreed. They sat as hours passed. Frustration and impatience grew as this mass seemed to be going on way too long. Issa even began pacing around, which she never does unless she's mad or annoyed. Guessing by her expression, she was probably both.

"Okay, I'll peak in and check it out. Stay here, okay?" Xander said.

He walked quietly towards the front of the temple. He heard a loud man speaking that was followed by roars and cheers. Xander thought it was strange this sermon was so... exciting. They definitely were different in his world. He peered around the corner, when he saw it was clear he proceeded towards the front doors. He stopped for a moment when he thought he heard footsteps approaching.

"Xander," Issa whispered as she grabbed his shoulder.

Xander jumped, and felt his skin crawl off his body then back on.

"Issa, what are you doing?" he asked, narrowing his eyes behind her to look for Harmony.

"She's staying back. She said her feet hurt anyway. I just didn't want you to go alone," Issa said, smiling and batting her long eyelashes at him.

How could he resist? "Okay, seems like they're a lively bunch," he told her.

They crept up and leaned back against the wall. Xander peaked in. He saw a huge mass of people, probably close to a hundred or so. Most of the crowd stood and held their arms up, cheering at the man who was speaking. Xander looked in further and spotted the man, must be some sort of priest and he was holding up a cup. Xander eyes widened when he saw a sparkling and glowing green jewel encrusted in the center.

"That's it. I bet," Xander whispered.

They were so wrapped up in finding the gem piece, they didn't hear a crowd approach them. A man smiled at Xander and Issa, motioning for them to follow them inside the temple. Xander was almost relieved that he didn't suspect that he and Issa were outsiders. The smiling man neared them.

"Come on, we're going to miss it," the man said, tugging Xander and Issa's arm.

Issa looked at Xander and shrugged. The man led them towards the crowd entering the temple. It was beautiful inside. The windows were enormous and stained glass covered them. Images of a woman holding a gem were seen in some of the stained glass art. Xander and Issa were led down the rows and rows of seats until the were seated in an empty spot near the front.

"We fit in just fine," Xander assured Issa. He could tell she was nervous and he felt a bit out of place himself. He was relieved that the crowd of people kept their attention on to the man holding the cup. The room was noisy until the man standing on the alter began to speak.

"The day is upon us. We must fight now. Any creature that is not of the world will be disposed of. We have a direct order from the king to take the lives of anything that poses a threat or seems otherwordly."

Xander grabbed Issa's hand and squeezed. He hoped and prayed that no one will rat them out. Not Wally, not Gretta. This crowd seemed way to eager to put an end to anything not of their world. And that included them.

The sermon went on for nearly an hour. Issa yawned, looking around to make sure no one spotted her. "Just like church at home, huh?" Issa whispered in Xander's ear.

He smiled at her, and let out a yawn himself. He went over in his mind how he and Issa would be able to get their hands on the cup with the gem piece on it. It was going to be hard, if not impossible. Of course, he'd have to wait until everyone left. He just hoped this priest left as well.

Outside, Harmony sat on a rock at the side of the temple with two men pining over her. One man had long blonde hair, which kind of reminded her of the lead singer of Skid Row. The other had a dark look to him. Kind of like Neo in The Matrix. With the laughing and flirting, she even made sure her dress rode up a little so they could get a look at her firm thighs. The men were dumbstruck, and obviously smitten.

"So, what's your name?" Skid Row asked her.

"It's Harmony," she said, rising from the rock. Neo jumped to help her down, grabbing her hand. He flinched.

"You're cold, do you need a blanket?"

Just then, Harmony slipped , causing her ankle to twist and her foot to scrape against the rock. She moaned in pain then spotted the blood coming out of her foot. She vamped out. "Actually, I need something decent to eat!"

It took Neo a minute to comprehend what was happening. He then looked on in horror and screamed like a girl.

"Oh my... " Skid Row quickly backed up away from her, eying her face with amazement and disgust. "You're one of them!" he shouted.

"One of... oh... yeah. But I'm hungry. Come here..," Harmony whined, motioning for him to come closer. He backed away and stood with his friend.

"We have orders to kill your kind... you monster whore!" Skid Row sneered.

"Monster... okay. But Whore? I didn't hear you guys complaining a few minutes ago," Harmony argued.

The men looked at each other and nodded. "Get her!" Neo shouted. They neared Harmony and grabbed her arms , pulling her off the rock.

"Ow, what are you freaks doing?" she yelled, struggling to free herself.

"You're coming with us!" Neo said, as the two men dragged her towards the temple entrance.

Inside Xander and Issa were fighting to stay awake. The priest just went on and on about the same things, over and over. Then suddenly a big commotion erupted at the entrance.

"Thank God!" Xander whispered.

He turned around and his heart felt like it was about to stop right there. He saw two men dragging Harmony as she struggled against their grip. "Oh no," Xander said, standing up. Issa joined him and her eyes grew wide.

The crowd looked at these men and Harmony in shock. The priest quieted and motioned for the men to speak.

"She's one of those monsters. We saw her face change!" Neo shouted.

Harmony's face was now back to normal and she looked pissed. The men dragged her to the altar and threw her to the ground. She let out a whimper and her head spun back to the faces of Neo and Skid Row, eying her like she was eying them a few moments ago. They wanted her dead.

"Hey!" Issa yelled.

"Issa!" Xander whispered loudly.

She turned to him with anger in her eyes. "I know you hate her, but she's with us. We can't let them do anything to her," Issa said to him.

Just then the priest stepped back, afraid of what was just brought to his temple. He looked at Issa when she yelled out. He narrowed his eyes on her. "And are you with this woman?" he asked Issa directly.

"Oh no. Oh no," Xander whispered.

"Yes I am." Issa stood up, looking at Harmony.

Xander quickly grabbed her to sit back down. "No, she's not. She's not well. We need to get her home. Which is close by. Very close. Come on sweetie. Let's get you home," Xander stammered.

"No. Xander, I know you are going to hate me for this, but we can't leave her. I'm sorry." She turned her attention back to the priest. "We are with her. I assure you she means no harm," Issa told him.

The crowd gasped then the sound of people talking over each other filled the room. Harmony stood up and the priest back up further. The two men neared her, ready to take her down if she tried anything. A few men came out around the back at immediately approached Xander and Issa. They each grabbed an arm and pulled them to the altar and shoved them next to Harmony.

"This is misunderstanding. We're human, see," Xander said, pulling on the skin of his arm.

"Silence!" The priest shouted. The entire room grew quiet. He narrowed his gaze back over to Xander, Issa , and Harmony.

"You may be human, but she is not. My men would not lie. For now, we will keep you here until we can find out why you associate yourselves with this creature."

"No association... she's... I hate her!" Xander said, stabbing Harmony with his eyes.

"Ditto!" she said back at him.

"I said, silence! Men take them to the holding room," the priest ordered.

A few burly men grabbed each of their arms and pulled them to the back area. Xander protested the whole way, causing one of the men to grip him harder. Xander looked at Issa nervously. She mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' which did nothing to calm the state of panic he was in.

"Stupid Harmony," he mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that!" Harmony shouted.