Willow and Kennedy loved their room. It was something right out of a fairy tale. The room was small, but the windows were pretty large and arched. One big bed sat in center, covered with a down comforter and many pillows. Kennedy moved to the sink that sat under the window that gave a wonderful view of the waterfall. Kennedy smiled at the sight as she turned the knob. The water felt good as she splashed her face. "Wow, this is nice. I feel like we went back in time, or something!" Kennedy said, excitedly.

"I know, is it weird that I actually think this place is cool?" Willow asked.

"No, it's not weird, after what we have just been through. Plus, spending a few days in L.A. Well, let's just say, a new dimension sounds pretty good right about now," Kennedy joked.

Willow approached the window. She still tried to tap into the magic here and this bothered her. "I just want to know what magics are here." She turned as there was a knock at the door. Kennedy skipped and opened it. Buffy stood at the doorway.

"Hey Buf." Willow greeted.

Buffy sat on their bed and sighed. Her feet hurt from walking and she didn't want to get up again for a year. "So Wil, no magic yet?"

Willow pouted. "No. It might take me some time. I wish we knew where we were."

Another knock sounded on the door. This time Willow opened it to see Angel and Spike. Buffy lifted her head. "Angel, any ideas what happened?" Buffy asked him

"Yea, you've dimension hopped before." Spike asked him. Just then, Faith barged her way into the room, wide eyed with excitement.

"Guys, they have really, really big bath tubs here. Why aren't we, you know, bathing? I know I am not the only one who wreaks." Faith joked. Illyria followed her in, curiously staring at Faith.

Angel, ignoring her, began to speak. "I have no idea. I thought this was Pylea, Lorne's home world, but he insists..."

Because it's not. I remember...?" Illyria commented, looking confused.

Angel eyed her suspiciously. "Hm, maybe your memories, maybe Fred... I guess we'll have look around and somehow figure it all out."

Just then Xander strolled in holding a half eaten apple. He scanned the crowd and grinned. "Maybe this is a vacation. Like, from an inter-dimensional travel agent."

"Xan, any luck with Issa and her magic?" Willow asked him.

"Nah, she gave up and decided to take a bath. Have you seen the bathtubs? Gigantic! Can fit at least 4 people. Not that I would bathe with 4 people..."

Buffy giggled and knew it was the perfect time to cut Xander off. "Okay, maybe we should all clean up and get ready for dinner and I don't know about you guys, but I am starved."


Buffy and Faith took turns taking a bath. It felt good to be clean. A change of clothes laid out for them on the bed.

Interesting custom, Buffy thought.

Faith, while brushing her hair, stared at Illyria who was eying the bed. "You do bathe, right?" Faith asked her.

"Faith!" Buffy scolded.

"What? I don't if old gods , you know, have to wash."

Just then, Illyria began to undress. Her body armor just disappearing before their eyes and she stood naked.

"Whoa, you can do that in the bathroom, you know." Faith said.

"But she... her magic, her powers, they work here," Buffy reminded her.

Illyria, while walking towards the bathroom, turned back to Buffy and smirked. "I am inter-dimensional already."

Buffy and Faith gave each other a look of understanding.


"When I said we could room together, it didn't mean I would have to be exposed to your half naked body!" Spike complained.

Angel walked into the bedroom from the bathroom, toweling his wet hair, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. "Come on Spike, do my rippling ab muscles intimidate you?"

"In your dreams." Spike retorted.

Angel threw the towel at Spike and laughed. "And why aren't you rooming with Buffy anyway?"

Spike threw Angel's towel back at him. "We aren't exactly shacking up yet, mate."

"Well, I just figured since you two were so cozy in the hotel..."

"I have an idea, how about you butt out?" Spike jabbed.


Downstairs Giles sat with Wally in the dining area. Gretta had already brought out some bread and ale for them to start with. He welcomed the taste of the freshly baked bread and the bitter taste of the drink. Giles was impatient. He wondered why no one had met up with him yet. It had been well over an hour since they all went to their rooms.

"Where's the rest of them?" Wally asked, noticing Giles' uncomfortable glances around the room.

"I, uh... not sure. We've been through... I'm sure they're resting," Giles told him.

Wally sat down next to him with his pint of ale. He grabbed a roll from the bread basket and bit into it savagely. Smiling with his mouth full, he spoke. "So, while they're all getting their beauty rest, you want to tell me where you all came from?"

Giles pondered making something up, but in order to find out how to get back, he'd need to be straight with Wally. As ridiculous as he may sound right now.

"We... we are from another dimension," Giles removed his glasses nervously and gently rubbed the lenses with a napkin from the table.

"So, which one?" Wally asked, not at all shocked by Giles' words.

"Not sure, exactly. To us, it was just, home." Giles told him.

Wally slid on the bench closer to Giles. "Right, I know there are many dimensions out there. Some demon or hell dimensions, some... other types."

Giles looked on eagerly. He never quite understood dimension hopping. He assumed that there was home, then the rest were all just hell dimensions that ruled in torment and horror.

"I see, does this one have a name?" Giles asked.

"No. It's the same here. We think of it as home," Wally told him.

"So, how did you know I was from another dimension?" Giles asked him.

"I didn't until you told me. I've heard of places, like this one, but filled with horrible beasts and demons."

Giles put his glasses back. "Yes. We had those in my... home."

Wally's eyes widened. "So, you're from a hell dimension?"

"No, I don't think so," Giles stammered.

"Did you guys come here through a portal?" Wally asked him.

"Yes, we were sucked into it, and then thrown here. We have no idea why or how..."

Wally's squinted, stroking his chin. "Hm"

Faith joined Giles at the table. Gretta walked in and offered her a pint of ale. Faith's eyes lit up. Willow and Kennedy came in shortly after.

Giles was relieved they were here. He smiled at Xander and Issa as they entered the room. He wanted them all to be here when Wally gave them a history lesson of their current dwellings.

Angel walked into the room, happy to see everyone, Illyria and Lorne behind him.

Wally eyed Illyria and Lorne strangely. He knew they were not of the same dimension as the others. He shuddered when he looked at Angel. "Ya want me to begin?" He said, turning his attention back to Giles

"Not yet, I'm still waiting for Buffy and the others."

Wally smiled at him and leaned in closer. "Are you lot some sort of army?"

"I guess you can say that. Have you heard of Vampire Slayers?" Giles asked him.

"Only in folk tales," Wally said.


After putting on her strange new clothes of brown linen pants and a white loosely fitted linen shirt, Buffy left her room. Spike was closing the door to his room when she ran into him in the hallway. She smiled seeing him in a similar outfit.

"Drab. Free, but drab." She joked.

"A bit more sophisticated than gold ball pajamas." Spike joked, looking deeper into her eyes. "So how's the girly slumber party?"

"Did you know Illyria's powers work here? She magically removed her entire armor... thingy."

This surprised Spike. "Do I really want to know what you girls are doing in there? Actually, yes I do, I want to know." he said, smiling.

Buffy laughed, tapping his chest. The fact he was human came back to her. She had to remind herself of that on a constant basis. "Spike, I... I just wasn't sure if we should..."

"Yea, yea, I know. I get it. No rushing." He assured her.

Buffy half smiled and turned towards the stairs, Spike followed. They joined the gang in the dining area. Gretta had just put the roast on the table and everyone was making their plates. After they all settled down at the tables, Wally stood and raised his pint. "I hope you all have found the accommodations here to your liking. It's a pleasure to have guests from far away places reside here as yourselves." he announced.

They raised their cups to Wally. Wally smiled. "Let's eat."

They all dug in quickly to their meal. It was divine. Buffy ate hungrily, watching everyone else do the same. It felt good. This place they were in was so comfortable. The food was delicious. Wally and Gretta seemed really nice and welcoming. Buffy started to wonder if coming to this dimension wasn't such a bad thing after all.

"Maybe later, you and I can talk more..," she told him.

He smiled at her and squeezed the hand that was on his thigh. "Of course," he assured her.

"Now, you all must have a lot of questions about where you are. I hope my knowledge can be of use to you," Wally said. "You see, eons ago, this place was covered with all these demon types. All sorts of bad creatures tormented the locals and wreaked havoc all over the cities. It was not a great place to live. Until one day, a woman fell out of the sky, kinda like yourselves."

The sounds of eating quieted.

Wally continued, "Her name was Edana and she was beautiful. She held a powerful rock that glowed green. Called it the Gem of Anu. She held it up and all the demons bowed to it."

"Gem of Anu? Is that Sumerian?" Willow asked.

"Sounds Kryptonian," Xander blurted.

Wally was surprised. "Not sure. I don't know what Sumerian or Kryptonian is, but whatever she held, it caused the demons and monsters to bow to her. It controlled them somehow."

"So, are the demons here under some sort of discipline?" Giles asked.

"Demons? Here? No. They all left, through another portal Edana created with the Gem. It seemed she was sent here to rid our world of the evil nasties that dwell upon it. We have never seen or heard from the demons again."

Wally looked hard at Angel. He felt something in him that he had never felt in any other living creature. That was it! He wasn't living. "You," Wally said pointing to Angel.

Angel looked up at him, surprised. He was listening to his story as he peered out the window, obviously not partaking in the feast.

"Why don't you eat like the rest of us?" Wally asked him.

Before Angel could speak, Giles stood up. "Wally, he's a vampire. he doesn't eat the same food we do.

"How could you bring him in here? He'll..."

Spike stood up and leaned over Wally, looking at him hard. "He's not going to do anything to harm you or yours."

Giles held his hand up as if to quiet Spike. "Wally, my apologies. We are not all human. But you have nothing to fear. We just want to get back home. We assure you."

Giles looked at Wally with a stern expression. He realized that demons and vampires were only in tales and they did not exist here anymore. Just then they all heard screaming from outside. Wally ran to the window, Buffy and Spike following him.

Wally's face turned white. Ugly looking demons ran through the village trying to break down the doors of the houses and shops. Some looked like the same ones that came to Sunnydale shortly after learning that it was Slayer-less.

Women ran out of their homes, crying and screaming. Buffy noticed children and her heart immediately broke. Without a thought, Buffy and Spike ran outside to fight off the demon brigade. Faith and the rest followed.

"What's going on out there?" Xander asked.

Wally turned to Giles with fear in his eyes. "You. You brought this here," he spewed.

"They must have been drawn into the portal. I had no idea!" Giles shouted at him.

Wally looked back out the window. "You have to get the Gem. It's the only way," Wally told him.

"What, how?" Xander asked him.

"It's still here, except it's in four pieces. You need to get the pieces together and use it to get rid of these beasts!" Wally stepped back from the window and grabbed hold of Gretta.

"Where is it? Where can we find it?" Giles asked.

Buffy jumped and kicked one demon in the face. It's slimy mouth contorted in pain, as it's body fell to the ground. Spike took hold of him and snapped his neck. Buffy was already punching another one, when she noticed a young girl standing in the middle of the road, crying.

"Spike!" Buffy shouted at him, motioning for him to get the young girl out of harm's way.

Spike immediately noticed and ran to her. The young girl looked up at Spike with tears pouring out of her eyes. The fear he saw on her face will be forever etched in his memory.

"S'okay luv, I got you," Spike said as he lifted her from the ground. The girl stopped crying, feeling safe in Spike's arms.

"Mommy!" The girl shouted as she spotted her mother across the street looking around for her.

"Oh, Lily, thank god!" she cried.

Spike handed her over to her mother. She looked at him with extreme gratitude.

"Thank you. Thank you," the woman cried.

"I'd advise you to get out of here. Go lock your door and don't come out until we say, got it?" Spike instructed. The woman nodded and ran away with her little girl.

Spike ran back to Buffy to help her out with the baddies she was beating. Buffy ducked as a demon threw a punch at her. She grabbed it's arm and bent it the wrong way. It hollered in pain.

Faith and Kennedy were working on a few demons, themselves. They already took on at least five or six. The numbers were lessening. Illyria and Angel took out the remaining demons who had already made their way inside some of the homes. Luckily no one had been hurt, yet.

Illyria grabbed a friglog and ripped it's head clearly off. "The fat man said this world was rid of such disgusting creatures. Why are they here then?" Illyria asked.

"They must have followed us through the portal," Angel said.

Angel took out the last one, and assured the family inside the house that everything will be all right now.

They joined the others. The village looked a mess, but nothing that couldn't be cleaned up in a day or two. Some of the locals still walked the streets, looking horrified.

"I guess we should head back," Angel suggested