Chapter 49


The hint of her taste teased his fangs. His fingers trailed slowly down her stomach, following his mouth as he nibbled his way to her center. With every breath he took, the drunker he became. Buffy Summers: drug of choice. He had no idea how he’d managed to get here—to earn her warmth or her purity—but he was sure he’d move the heavens and the earth to secure his place. The delicious aroma of her arousal dizzied him with delight, and every time he inhaled, his insides trembled and the whole of him gave over to awe. And while he was still unsure about this claim business—especially how he could end up doing it when he was drunk on things other than the gorgeous blonde beneath him—he wasn’t about to question it. Not when she was the reward.

“So,” Spike drawled, making quick work of her panties to bury his face in her pussy, consequentially forgetting what he was about to say. He whimpered helplessly in time with her throaty moan, licking at her wet, silken skin. “Fuck, but you taste good.”

Buffy mewled and thrust wantonly against his face. “Ohhhh…”

“You can say that again,” he rumbled in agreement, flashing her a wicked smirk. “Do you have any sodding idea how long I’ve wanted to taste you?” His tongue slipped inside her and purred approvingly when she gasped and arched off the mattress again. “You taste so sweet.”

“Spike. Oh God!”

“Oh God?” he echoed, brows arching. “Already?”

“You…I…” She spread her legs wider, her hand falling to her bite mark. “Touch me here,” she pleaded. “Please. I need—”

“Baby likes to beg, does she?” Spike teased, leaving her slit with a parting lick, gave her clit a quick suck, then kissed his way to the bite mark that graced her gorgeous skin. On closer inspection, he had absolutely no idea why he would have thought the mark belonged to anyone but him. Or how, for that matter, he could have accused the fangs responsible of being anything but the epitome of manliness. Must have been the fleeting bout of jealous insanity.

“No…I don’t like…begging…” Buffy ran her foot down the cool expanse of his back, small, helpless whimpers tearing through her lips. “Please. I’ve…I’ve wanted…this…I…”

Spike glanced up curiously, sinking two fingers into her pussy. “You’ve wanted this?” he demanded eagerly. The idea that she could have fantasized about him at all made his blood sing. “You’ve wanted my mouth here?”

“Spike, please!”

The shrill in her voice only made him harder. An impassioned growl clawed at his throat and he rubbed his erection against the mattress. “You have any idea how hot it makes me, hearin’ you beg?”

“I’m not begging!”

Spike arched a brow. “You’re not?”

“No! And if you don’t start macking on that bite mark, I’m gonna—”

“So less with the begging an’ more with the threats?” He grinned, pumping his fingers into her hot, tight channel. He settled his thumb over her clit, his grin widening when her protest melted into another helpless whimper. He fastened his lips around her bite mark, purring sensually as he sucked her sensitive skin between his teeth.

“Oh my GOD!” A long, hoarse cry tore through her lips and she thrashed uncontrollably. Spike was so startled by the enthusiasm of her response that he jerked and released her, his fingers sinking deeper into her body. She wailed in protest the second his mouth abandoned her. “Ohh! Spike, please!”

Spike blinked and stared at her, his body humming to life in ways he’d never experienced. In ways he’d never thought to experience. She was vibrating around his fingers and her eyes were swallowing him whole. “Buffy…”

“Please!”

“Oh, baby…” He dipped his head again, laving the bite mark with his tongue. Immediately, Buffy’s cries of protest gave way to moans of pleasure. He had absolutely no idea a bite mark could create such ecstasy. The bite that had made him a vampire had never been a particularly enticing erogenous zone. Granted, Dru had never really paid much attention to the marks she gave him, so it could be that he’d just missed out all these years.

Or it could be that claim marks were completely different from other vampire marks. It had been so long since he gave the concept of claiming any thought; obviously, some research was in order. He wanted to know how he’d done it. How, when he was so drunk he very literally didn’t have a handle on what he was doing, he’d managed to perform an ancient and binding ritual. One that had tied his lifeline with Buffy’s forever.

“That feels…” Buffy whimpered, her eyes squeezing shut. “Oh God, Spike, that feels so…”

Spike ran his teeth along the mark and grinned, his fingers wrapped in her velvet warmth, the pad of his thumb massaging small circles into her clit. He could feel her tensing beneath his touch. Could feel her body tightening. She was so gorgeous. So bloody gorgeous. She was whimpering and moaning and thrusting up against him. She was a fiery nymph, a creature of pure light, and she was all his. He had a mouthful of sacred skin. Her skin. A mark that made her his.

“I love watching you,” Spike murmured, licking at the mark before leaving it to his eager fingers. “Love watchin’ you squirm an’ moan for me. Love knowing that I’m the one that does it to you. The only one.”

“Only…only…”

“Such a pretty little clit,” he purred, treating the pearl with a long lap of the tongue. He curled his right arm under her leg so that he could massage her mark, his other hand working her pussy. “I swear, Slayer, I’d dust a happy bloke if I could stay here forever.”

It was fascinating; watching her ivory skin flush under the influence of his compliment. “Spike…”

“I can feel you tightening, baby. Let it go.” He sucked at her clit with a long, contented purr. “I wanna taste you as you come.”

“Spike!”

“Gonna taste you.” He nipped at her affectionately, slipping his fingers from her silky flesh to pinch her clit as his tongue plunged deep inside her body. “Come for me. Come for me now.”

“Ohhh!” She tightened and exploded, drenching his mouth and filling the air with a piercing, euphoric scream that took the form of his name. He drank her greedily, his tongue bathing in her. He lapped at her until the tremors subsided and her breathing regulated. And the second that she blinked drowsily and looked up at him, he flashed a loving smile and mouthed the words, I love you.

Right before his fangs descended and dove for her inner thigh. He sliced open the mark and drank deep, and growled when she screamed in ecstasy and came again. He knew Heaven the second her blood hit his tongue. And even if he did manage to live forever, there was absolutely no way he’d forget the moment he first tasted her.

“Oh fuck,” Spike moaned, slipping his fangs from her skin. “Your blood. You…Oh, Buffy…”

“Get up here.” Buffy curled her arms under his shoulders and dragged him up her body. “Inside. I need you. Get inside me.”

“Happy to oblige, pet.” Spike took her face in his hands and kissed her as his cock sank into her warmth, moaning around her tongue. “Ahhh…”

“Unh…”

“Buffy…oh fuck, Buffy, oh my God.” When he blinked and looked down, her beautiful eyes were swimming in tears. His breath caught in his throat. Never before had anyone looked at him like that. Like he was a god among men. Like he was worth any more than the dust he came from. Than the alley that had known his rebirth. She gave him the world in her eyes. She looked at him, and he had purpose. He had purpose like he never had.

“You’re my song,” he whispered against her lips. “My gorgeous girl.”

“Ohhh…” She curled a leg around his waist, propelling his cock deeper within her body. “I…you’re…I love…oh, Spike.”

He grinned, suckling at her throat. “You love Spike, eh?”

Buffy nodded frantically and tugged his mouth up to hers. “Yes,” she whispered, wresting a kiss from his lips. “Yes. Yes.”

“Spike loves you back.” He kissed her again, then his brow collapsed to her shoulder as his thrusts grew harder. Her walls molded around him, suctioning, warming him until her heat threatened to sear his skin. She burned. She thrived. She hurt him so good that his heart wanted to pound and his long-dead lungs demanded air. And the pain was only outmatched by pleasure. Every plunge into her pussy was like diving blind off a cliff. Her warmth cushioned and embraced.

He felt it in every move. When her tears finally spilled down her cheeks and baptized him anew. There was love in every touch, and the difference made all the difference. He felt the love in her body just as he saw it in her eyes. The way she rocked and moved against him. The small little sighs she took with every thrust of his hips. Every stab of his cock inside her. He felt it in her blood. Heard it sing through her veins and reach for him every time he pulled from her. Her legs tightened around him, her slayer muscles squeezed, her pussy clenched, and he saw stars. He felt it; she was his. Entirely his. And nothing would ever change that.

Nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hours later, worn out, Spike crept an eye open as he felt her shift down near his feet. They’d collapsed into each other’s arms forty-five minutes earlier, panting and exhausted. He had absolutely no idea how much time had passed, or even what day it was, anymore. Had there even been life before Buffy came to his crypt this afternoon? He was sure his existence hadn’t started here, though for the shine in her eyes, he was certain that he couldn’t have made it as long as he had without her. Without the spark in her gaze and the smile on her lips.

Though, he was also drunk with pleasure and seconds away from passing out. There was every possibility that he was just sappier when he was sated and happy. He didn’t know. It’d been so long since he felt this way.

No. Nix that. He’d never felt this way. He’d felt variations. Shadows. Plays on how love was supposed to feel. He’d never had this, though. Buffy had given him a whole new bloody world.

“What’re you doin’ down there?” he murmured, attempting to summon the strength to kick at her insolently. And failing miserably. “Don’ tell me you’re—”

“I’m marking you,” she informed him, pressing wet kisses against his left inner thigh and wrapping her hand around his hardening cock. Stupid bloody thing had a mind of its own. “I wanna mark you.”

“Buffy, do you—”

“Yes. I know how.” She grinned and squeezed him, suckling sweetly on his sac for a few seconds before turning her attention to his thigh again. “And I want it here,” she said.

“There?”

“Yes.”

And before he could get another word out, Buffy had her teeth clamped deep into his skin. Spike roared and vamped and arched his hips off the mattress. Exhaustion vanished and energy soared. When she looked up, his blood was on her mouth.

It was the most erotic thing he’d ever seen.

“Mine,” she said, her eyes locking with his as her tongue licked her red-stained lips. “Mine.”

Spike nodded numbly. “Yours. Yours, Buffy. For-sodding-ever. Is that what I need to say? Sounds right an’ familiar. Sounds—”

There was no need for words. It ruptured through him—a jolt of lightening, a flash of realization, and he was made whole. The next second, realities merged and blended. Pain vanished and he was filled with calm. Pleasure filled his veins. He gasped and arched back again, pulling on her until she was curled in his arms. Until she was positioning him at her opening and infusing him in bliss.

Her emerald eyes were drenched in love.

And he belonged to her.



To be continued