Author's Chapter Notes:
On this chapter, since it’s been awhile since I’ve posted, I wanted to remind everyone that if our couple could, at this point, pull their heads out of the arses long enough to see what’s in front of them, they would end up with each other today. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Just bare in mind last chapter’s explanation of what is going on in their individual minds and they are both very, very stubborn despite what is obvious to us and the major attraction they have for one another. I hope everyone’s holidays were spent happily with family. It feels soooooo good to be back - I’ve been going through major withdrawals from writing. I’d like to thank everyone who gave me both holiday wishes but also well wishes in the time I got to spend with my husband who is now back in the desert, sniffs. I hope you all enjoy the chapter and a very Happy New Year to all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The sound of the phone ringing barely roused Buffy from her deep sleep. She thought perhaps she was dreaming she’d heard the noise until the second, annoying shrill came. Struggling through the heavy fog of sleep, she instinctively began groping for the receiver.

“Yeah,” she croaked in a sleepy voice.

“Will, my man, just calling to see if you were able to patch things up with Buffy.” Lorne didn’t think much of the uncharacteristic greeting he received between the noise from the club and being engrossed by the paperwork he was currently looking over at his desk.

“Huh?” She forced her eyes open, trying to comprehend what the person on the other end had said. “I don’t understand, could you repeat that?”

The distinct sound of a female voice caught his attention immediately. “Either I dialed a wrong number or you got your balls served to you on a platter and that’s why your voice sounds like a girl’s.” He paused. “William?”

“Lorne?” This time she sat straight up. “Lorne, is that you?”

“Buffy?” This was definitely a pleasant surprise. Apparently they had worked things out if she at his place and at this hour, unless William had done something incredibly stupid he’d be forced to thrash him for.

She looked at the clock, it was nearing midnight. “Yeah, it’s me. What are, I mean why.... Oh shit! This is awkward.” She became incredibly nervous. Hopefully he didn’t think that she was here for a ‘freebie’ with Spike.

“I’m sorry if I woke you, cupcake. I called to ask William something, but you just answered my question so I’ll let you go.”

“WAIT, wait a minute, don’t go.” She got up from the bed and pulled the curtain apart to see if the phone had woken her host up. Thank God. There was no movement or noise coming from the couch so she carefully tiptoed towards the bathroom and shut the door before clicking on the light. Now that she was a little more awake, she felt the need to say what she was doing here at Spike’s apartment, or rather what she wasn’t doing. “I can explain. I’m not here for the reason you’re probably thinking. Actually... I really don’t know WHAT you’re thinking right now, but there’s absolutely NO sex going on. Nope, no sex whatsoever, as in none. Spike is actually aslee...wait. Rewind, I’m confused. You said something about him patching things up with me?”

Lorne sighed. It didn’t look as if he could talk his way out of this one, so he confessed, somewhat. “It’s nothing really. He told me that you two had a... confrontation the other night. I just called to see if he’d patched things up with you, but since you’re there, I assume the delivery he arranged accomplished that?”

“Hah!” she replied with sarcasm. “Which one?” Her body shivered in response when she sat down on the cold lid of the toilet, willing herself wide awake so she could get to the bottom of things.

“O-kaaaaaaaaay, now I’m confused. He did send you a bouquet of flowers, right?”

“I wouldn’t call them bouquets exactly, but yeah, he sent me flowers; all day long, matter of fact.” He remained silent so she continued. “Like as in EVERY hour starting early this morning... until I was able to get his address, hunt him down and put a stop to it.”

“I see.” That was not what he’d told him to do. A simple bouquet of flowers and a heartfelt note had been his suggestion, not the bombardment of posies she’d just described. He sighed heavily and shook his head. He would definitely need to have a talk with him. “The flowers were my idea, Buffy, but I didn’t tell him to do THAT. I said to send a nice arrangement and a note, as in singular.”

“Oh,” she replied surprised, then turned an accusing tone on their mutual friend. “How do you, no. Not HOW, how MUCH do you know about what happened the other night, Lorne?”

“The truth?” Oh, boy. This really was awkward. He’d backed himself into a corner. It was probably best to tell her the truth. At least that way, he might be in a better position to play cupid. Especially considering William would need all the help he could get because he refused to tell her, what he felt she needed to know about his current situation. “Everything?” he offered meekly. Now he was the one who may have to face her wrath and make amends. “Please don’t be too angry with me, or Spike for that matter.”

“Everything?!?!” Her voice squeaked in horror. “Oh. My. God.” She covered her face with one hand, feeling both embarrassed and a tad angry.

“He felt so guilty over what he did and needed my opinion as to how he could make it up to you so you wouldn’t hate him. Is it safe to assume you two have talked things out?” He certainly hoped so.

“Kind of. Yes, we’ve talked, but no, we didn’t get anywhere in our conversation. I think I’m more embarrassed than mad at anyone, I should have... I could have prevented what happened. I’m not even sure WHAT happened, Lorne. Oh, GOD, this is such a mess, I don’t know where to begin.”

“But you’re staying the night?”

“That’s more accidental than by choice. I wasn’t feeling well so I agreed to stay until I’d gotten some rest. Spike is asleep on the couch and gave me the bed.” She took a deep breath. “None of it really matters. I forgave him but... aside from being sick I don’t know WHY I’m even here. I’ll see you tomorrow at the party. Right now I need to go home; I’ve got work in the morning.” Friend or not, she couldn’t discuss whatever feelings she may have for William with Lorne, especially considering he was his employer. “I shouldn’t be here if I’m not paying you for it, even if there’s nothing going on.”

“Now hold on pu...” Click. “mpkin.” The receiver went dead. He could understand her becoming suddenly so uncomfortable. It was obvious she had no idea that William loved her, that William told her nothing of his situation and on top of that, no idea that he knew anything about it. Naturally she wouldn’t be willing to discuss anything with him.

She was about to open the door when she thought she heard footsteps coming towards the bathroom. Hiding the phone behind her back, she turned off the lights and opened the door, facing William’s shadow.

“Oh!” She acted surprised. “I was just using the bathroom; I hope I didn’t disturb you?” Her heart pounded in her chest, wondering if he’d heard her talking on the phone.

“`Course not, luv. Just nature callin’.”

The sound of his voice told her he wasn’t entirely awake, good. Stepping aside to let him through, she was thankful when he said nothing more and closed the door behind him. She quickly got into bed and put the phone back in its place. Her sudden plans to slip out of his apartment unnoticed quickly flew out the window since there was a chance William might hear her now. She was still a bit shaken from her conversation with Lorne and she definitely didn’t want to let William think anything was wrong, so she thought it would be best to stay. She’d call Lorne back tomorrow and beg him not to mention their conversation since it was obvious William and he were close enough to discuss what happened the other night. She had enough problems on her hands as it was and they could always talk later that night when William wasn’t around.

She was shifting nervously under the covers and still shivering slightly when she heard the toilet being flushed. Her hope that he would just go back to the couch were quickly dashed after he came out and sat down on the edge of the bed to ask her. “How you feelin’?”

She rolled over in his direction and tried to sound normal. “Better. Are you sure I didn’t disturb you?”

“Nah. I sleep like the dead.” He glanced at the clock. “I’ll let you go back to sleep, you need more... are you cold?” His eyes adjusted to the dark enough to see her shoulders shake slightly.

“A little bit but I’ll be fine.”

He reached out and touched her arm. “Christ, pet, you’re freezin’.” Her skin felt like ice. He got up and retrieved a sweatshirt and the pants she’d chosen not to wear. “Here, put these on and I’ll turn up the heat.”

She waited until he walked away then stood and gratefully pulled the oversized clothes on over the thin T-shirt. When he came back, he apologized for keeping the place so cold, saying he still preferred the cooler temperatures he’d grown up with in London. She stood there while he rubbed her arms up and down vigorously, trying to warm her. When he slipped his arms around to rub her back, her head had no place to go but against his chest. Despite the recent drama of her phone conversation and the stressful events of yesterday, she soon found her body starting to relax, giving in to his attentions and the need for more sleep.

Feeling her sag against him, he rested his cheek on her head, inhaling the sweet smell of her hair. He was pleased she was here, in his arms. Even if it was only to warm her, she was allowing him to hold her for just a little while and it felt wonderful. What he wanted more than anything was to remain with her until she fell asleep, but he couldn’t. After everything she had said yesterday, it wouldn’t be wise to ask. All he could do was cling to this moment and her, for as long as possible. He closed his eyes and focused on the feel of her while the motion of his hands upon her back unconsciously slowed to lazily stroke up and down in a manner meant to soothe.

All she had to do was swallow her pride, swallow it and ask him to stay. Once she was safely tucked in his arms, sleep would come easy. His comforting touch always had a calming effect on her senses, making her feel tranquil and content. His snug embrace would also keep the dreams at bay because her mind wouldn’t need them; they lay dormant in his presence. Yet these were the very things that scared her, made her scared of herself and the lack of control she otherwise possessed at all times over her emotions, her thoughts and her body’s reaction. Anytime they made physical contact she felt herself getting lost in him; his scent, the smooth feel of his skin, the strength of his arms, the...

There was no point in arguing with herself this time, she could save that for when she was alone. Right now, in this very moment, she needed him. God help her but she needed him.

“William?”

“Mmm hmm?”

“Would you stay with me, please? For a little while?”

His heart swelled, overjoyed at her question.

“Course, luv.” He let her go, elated when she took his hand and led him to the bed.

Crawling under the covers, he laid on his back, placing one hand under his head while stretching out the one closest to her in invitation. She nestled into his side with her head in the crook of his shoulder. She didn’t drape her arm over his chest. Instead, she curled her arms up close to her bosom as if still cold, so he tugged her closer and removed his hand from under his head to wrap around her shoulder, rubbing it tenderly with his thumb through the blanket until eventually, sleep overtook them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bzz, bzz, bzz...

“Bloody hell,” a tired William muttered as he reached for the alarm. Once the annoying sound ceased, he yawned and felt Buffy mumble something into his shoulder. “Wha’s that?”

“Errgh, is it six already?” It felt as if she’d just gotten to sleep before the clock had gone off.

“`Fraid so, pet. I hit snooze. It’ll go off again in `bout ten minutes.” He paused. “Unless you’re ready to get up now?”

“Mmm-mm!” she declared negatively. “Can you reset it? Maybe for seven?”

“Yeah.”

“Make that seven thirty?” She smiled when he chuckled. The low rumble of his voice reverberated through his chest into her entire body. She was way too comfortable and tired however to even think about how she should be keeping her distance.

She let out a contented sigh when he reached for the clock and felt his bicep repeatedly jump into the back of her head as he pressed the buttons to reset the dreaded alarm.

“Why do you have to feel so comfortable anyway?” When he responded with a questioning ‘huh’, her eyes flew open wide, realizing she’d spoken that thought out loud when she hadn’t intended to. “Nothing.” She tried to play it off by sounding as sleepy as possible.

Her remark had him grinning in the dark. He was grateful she wanted to sleep more so he could lay there with her just a little bit longer, and hearing that come from her lips meant more to him than she could’ve possibly imagined.

“Me too, pet. Me too.” He bent his neck to kiss the top of her head and took her hand in his, bringing it to rest over his chest, holding her fingers lightly under his. The bolder side of Spike couldn’t resist calling her on it. It was a small thing, really. But that small crumb of information held weight in his mind, and if he could use it to his advantage then he would. Why? Simple, he loved her, and it was a sign that somewhere buried beneath the tough façade of this tiny blonde, she cared for him too. And even if it was only a little bit, he would let her know, in his own way, that what she said hadn’t escaped his attention.

“Cocky bastard.” Fine. So he caught that. She wasn’t going to let it lie.

“Yeah, I am. But you love it.” He chuckled and patted her hand.

And again, the wonderful feel of his deep, rumbling voice flowed through her body, only this time she giggled in response rather than trade more words with him. He kissed the top of her head again and let his lips linger, making her fingers tighten on his hand in response. Without thinking, she tilted her head up and went to kiss the bottom of his jaw.

Uh-oh. Big mistake. That’s all she intended to do, to return the affectionate and light hearted kiss with one of her own. But true to their magnetic nature for one another, when he swooped in to capture her lips, she didn’t pull away. It was brief and chaste, but when they pulled apart, her hand instinctively reached up to gently caress his cheek. She stared at the darkened silhouette of his face for a moment, realizing what just happened and that this could go one of two ways; forget what just took place, lay her head back down and go to sleep or, act on the impulse that screamed from deep within her to obey. Like a moth to a flame, she caved to her desire without a second thought when she felt his fingers suddenly lifting her chin. She could blame it on being half asleep, but the fire he ignited in her was an undeniable wake up call. All rational thought, all logic for the variables of their situation flew out the window... whenever he touched her.

He couldn’t help it. Okay, maybe he could have, but he chose not to. He’d read her actions as an invitation and who was he to ignore it? She would get her time and space if that’s what she wanted, but he would never pass up an opportunity to let her know much he loved her even if he couldn’t say the words yet. He didn’t want to give her a chance to think about what she was doing, so he kissed her again, letting it linger innocently for a moment before slipping his tongue out to skim her bottom lip.

“Ahhh, we shouldn’t.” She whispered against his mouth.

“No, we shouldn’,” he agreed, still teasing her in hopes of persuading her tongue out to dance with his. “Feels so good though, doesn’ it?” He switched tactics and withdrew his tongue to feather his lips tenderly back and forth against hers. “Tell me to stop, Buffy. Tell me to stop or I won’.”

“Uhhhh.” His fingertips trailed down her neck and across her chest, grazing her left breast on its path to her waist, making her shudder. When she felt his hands pull her against him, she tried to save herself. “I have morning breath.”

“Don’ bloody care.” So what? They both had morning breath. He pulled her bottom lip into his mouth and sucked on it lightly before letting go. “Either tell me to stop or don’ stop me. Make the decision, Buffy... or I’ll make it for you.” He turned his head sideways and planted his lips firmly over hers, pushing his tongue inside. Of course he’d stop if she said to, but he needed to hear it soon before his own needs took him past the point of listening.

She gasped for air when he finally pulled back to nibble along her jaw and down her neck. “We really shouldn’t, unghh.” His warm breath created goose bumps that sprung up to meet the hot, open-mouthed kisses he placed over the sensitive skin behind her ear.

“You already said that, luv.” He turned on his side and tightened his grip to her waist and back.

God, he was making it tremendously difficult to think straight, scratch that, to think period. “I said I needed time.” However useless it might prove in the war her hormones now raged over what her mind knew to be a bad idea, she had to at least try.

“And you’ll have it.” Was she trying to get him to make the decision for her? Maybe she was, maybe she wanted him to take control so she couldn’t blame herself later for it. “Any other arguments, luv?” If that’s what she wanted so be it. He would take full responsibility for seducing her. He dragged his lips lightly down her neck and back up again, determined to have her.

“Doing this will only make.... it, ohhh, GOD!!! Di-difficult for me to... mmmm, to think.”

“Don’ go complicatin’ matters by thinkin’. Remember our first night together? What I said to you?” He felt her head shake along with a breathy reply of ‘no’. “DON’T. Think. Jus’ feel. Tha’s all you gotta do. Jus’ leave your thoughts behind, baby, jus’ for tonight. Jus’ feel me, be WITH me.”

“How could you possibly remember that?” She asked incredulously. Word for word he recited what he’d said that night, the exact phrase that had helped shed the last of her insecurities and ultimately convinced her to sleep with him.

His voice turned raspy with emotion. “I’ve memorized every second... of EVERY precious moment you’ve ever given me. Tha’s how.”

Stunned into silence, she searched for some other meaning behind his words, but found none. Unlike her, he wore his heart on his sleeve. He wasn’t trying to hide the fact he cared about her and that knowledge had her coming unglued. She closed her eyes against the arousing tickle of the delicate, erotic kisses he poured over her flesh while his fingers dipped just below the waistband of her sweats to toy with the thin string of her thong, making her soak the poor scrap of material a second time in less than eight hours.

She understood and had even finally accepted that her physical response to his touch was not something she could control. He knew just how to touch her, did and said all the right things, played her body like a finely tuned piano, killing her softly with his beautiful words and music. But why, when she knew this would happen, couldn’t she get her mouth to cooperate with her brain long enough and tell him to stop? True, she wasn’t in command of her body’s reaction and for that she could forgive herself, but to have no jurisdiction over her mind, her feelings? Yes, she knew she had some feelings for him, but what kind and how deep they ran she hadn’t had enough time yet to examine. But wasn’t that just it? Wasn’t it the fact that whenever she was with him, that’s exactly what she could do? What she did? Feel? In the past, her feelings were always in check... black or white, but with him they were varying shades of grey, all new, all foreign and however pleasant some of them were, all were frightening.

“Can’ you see, baby?” Nipping her neck affectionately, he explained. “We’re so good together. So very,” he licked her neck seductively, “Fuckin’,” kissing her next, “Good.” Biting down hard over her pulse point, he intended to leave a mark. He wanted the love bite to serve as a visual reminder of their undeniable passion in the days to come that she would spend apart from him thinking. Hopefully it would be no longer than a week before he would have Grisanti’s and hopefully, she wouldn’t spend her time thinking of reasons not to become involved with him.

When she yelped, he let up and apologized, kissing the wounded spot softly while his hand drifted south to hold her bottom firmly, bucking his hips against her once to let her feel how badly she affected him. “Give yourself to me, Buffy and I’ll make you feel so good, I promise. Tha’s all I ever wanna do... make you feel...”

The tightly held reins on her emotions snapped like a wishbone in hell as she tried to push him away. Upon hearing that word ‘feel’, she became angry with herself for wanting to yield yet again to his charms.

“You bastard.” When he tried to kiss her, she sat upright and leaned over him, placing her left hand over his mouth, effectively keeping him silent. “You’re a bastard for trying to make me so horny that I...”

The sudden sound of a police siren right outside his window startled her to look in that direction.

William used the distraction to break her hold. Grasping her wrist tightly, he wrenched her hand away from his mouth, securing it behind her lower back as he sat up to meet her eye to eye. “Sticks and stones, luv.” He let her wrist free so he wouldn’t hurt her and wrapped his hand around her neck firmly. “You still have to tell me to stop, if tha’s what you really want... to say no.”

“I can’t.” She nearly cried. “Any time you touch me I... I can’t.” Her voice began to crack, choked from all her pent up emotions. “Why do you think...”

“Sshhhh, baby. Jus’ let me love you.” He couldn’t bare it if she cried, so he swallowed her words and frustration in the sweetest of kisses to calm her.

He didn’t catch what he’d said, but Buffy did. She had no time however, to finish her sentence or to question him as he placed his lips against hers, drawing her in for a tender kiss that quickly grew hungry as she responded. His talented mouth melted any solid protests she may have left in her defense and she wrapped her arms around him. This was bad, very bad. She knew better, knew that when she left, when she finally had her ‘time’ away from him she would hate herself. Yes, this was bad, but if it was so bad, why did it feel so good? So good and so God damned right?

Thankful she surrendered to him as she’d done their first night together, he gathered her close, reveling in the feel of her arms winding themselves around him, her lips parting to let his tongue inside. When her fingers weaved into the hair at the nape of his neck, he laid them back down gently, turning on his side to face her. He felt her knee bend, felt her opening up when he began rubbing his body against hers, longing, aching to be moving inside her sweet depths.

“I’ll never let you regret bein’ with me, Buffy. Never.” And he wouldn’t. He would worship her every day of his life, make her so happy she would never have time to be sad. All she had to do was let him.

His touch became needy, more demanding as his right hand wandered to squeeze her bottom for a moment before sliding down her thigh to pull her leg higher over his hip so he could press his erection against her warm center. When she didn’t object, he rolled her over completely and held the back of her knee up as he ground into her core, once, twice...

“Wait, wait,” she was practically panting from desire and lack of breath. Thank God he did stop long enough for her to speak. “What about protection?”

“Don’ need it.” He kissed her again before pulling back to let her know. “Told you once and `s still true. Haven’ been with anyone `cept you since we met. No worries, I promise.” He rose up on his left elbow and used his right hand to push both her shirts up, exposing her breasts. “Perfect,” he whispered, pleased when she wiggled them over her head and threw them off to the side, allowing him to latch on and suckle each nipple in turn until they hardened into perfect peaks. He delighted in the tiny moans escaping her throat and continued driving his hips between her open thighs.

When she started matching his thrusts in mock fornication, his lust to have her doubled, driving him insane with the need to feel the heat of her tight passage strangling him. He moved to nuzzle her cheek with his and confessed in her ear.

“Drove me bloody crazy seein’ you come out the bathroom last night wearin’ nothin’ but my T-shirt and your knickers.” Alternating soft licks to the shell of her ear and nipping at the mark he’d left on her neck, he kept talking. “Did that on purpose, didn’ you? Minx,” he accused teasingly. “Made me have to take matters into my own hands once you were in bed. `Course you knew that.”

“Uhhh, God... what?” Through the haze of her lust, she heard him, but she didn’t think he knew that she knew what he’d done... did he?

“I know you saw.” He spoke nonchalantly, feeling every bit evil for calling her out a second time, but loving it all the same. “Turned me on, too. Knowin’ you watched.” His right hand found the waistband of her sweatpants and pushed them down over one hip, enjoying the fact she clung to him, her small hand beneath his shirt, her nails digging slightly into his flesh while the other gripped his neck tightly. “Watchin’ me fuck my hand. Wishin’ it were you instead.”

Rising up on his knees, she tried to pull herself up with him but he wouldn’t let her. He hooked his fingers into her pants and pulled them, along with her underwear, off her body.

“Do you wanna know what I was doin’ to that beautiful pussy of yours in my fantasy?” He pulled her panties from the borrowed sweats and held them up to his nose, deeply inhaling the heady scent of her arousal and hummed in self amusement. “Or would you rather I show you instead?”

She could make out what his shadow had done, heard him smell her dampened thong. When he purred and offered to share the vision he held in his head when she had watched him stroke his cock, she was too shocked to answer. He knew? He made himself cum and let her watch? She really needed to remind herself that any of his astonishing, sexual behavior should come as no surprise. He was positively the most uninhibited man she’d ever known and damned if he didn’t make everything he said or did seem so hot a nun would renounce her vows.

He bent over her and slid his hands along the sheet up the bed towards her head, shoving the thong underneath the pillow in the process, grateful for the cover of darkness. He now owned pair number two of her lacy bits. Of course when she went to find them in the morning he’d help her search, but she’d never find them, he’d make sure of that.

“Want you, baby.” He whispered as he hovered over her face, leaning down briefly to kiss the tip of her nose. “Wanna know how bad?” He gave her naked womanhood a sharp thrust of his hips, making her gasp.

“I need you inside of me.” She all but cried out in a hushed, desperate tone. After her fruitless attempt at pleasing herself last night, she was in no mood for teasing or foreplay. “NOW!”

He growled when her hands frantically yanked at his own pants, tearing them down his thighs, her fingernails scratching him with her efforts until she brought her legs up and pushed them the rest of the way down with her feet. She turned him on like no other, with her desperate words, the sultry tone of her command, the raw animalistic way she ripped at his clothes... he loved it. He took great pleasure in seducing her, but he also enjoyed being subjugated to this more dominate type behavior. As long as she wanted him, what did it matter? Conquer or be conquered, how she chose to get there was of no consequence, the outcome, the shared destination was always the same... heaven.

He rubbed his ankles together while balancing on his knees, trying to get the pants off as she clawed at his back and arched into him. When he finally freed himself and settled down, he felt her hand grasp his shaft and bring it straight to her entrance.

“Chris’!!!” he exclaimed in surprise. “So wet for me, kitten.” She was, in fact, so slick from her own juices that she was having a hard time in her hurried attempt at trying to get him inside. He reached in and gripped her hand, lining himself up until he felt the swollen lips of her sex part enough so he could nudge the head of his cock snuggly between them. She wasted no time in shoving his hand away so she could grab his buttocks, trying to force him inside.

“Buffy, slow down. Don’ wanna hurt my girl.” She unleashed her lust, writhing frantically beneath him, trying to pull him in with her arms and legs as she wrapped them around his waist.

“Don’t care, doesn’t matter. Please,” she begged. “Need you now.” She might hate herself later for this, but her body wouldn’t regret it. She was desperate to have him moving inside her. Desperate to have him take her away from her thoughts for a little while, desperate to feel him.

Feel? No, she didn’t want to face that right now, what she may feel. Her thoughts briefly ran to Anya, “It’s clear to me you two are in love...” Was this, in fact, love? Is this what it felt like? To always want him this desperately, to think about him every day, dream about him every night? No, without having all the facts, without knowing more about him, she couldn’t answer that question, wasn’t sure she could begin to confront any feelings she had for him. This was the second time she wasn’t paying him for sex and she wasn’t even sure what that meant, but she stood firm in her thoughts from yesterday, that they weren’t ‘together’, nor were they friends or lovers. Her being here right now, at this hour, in his bed was unforeseen, a mistake. If she hadn’t gotten ill, she wouldn’t be dealing with this at all. Then again, if she hadn’t ever filled out the online request for Lorne’s services, she wouldn’t be dealing with any of it. It didn’t seem to matter which way she chose to look at things, in the end, she only had herself to blame.

The whirlwind of frustration in her mind over everything made her physically twist and struggle to have him pounding inside her body, to drown out the negative self-analysis of her actions, confusion of thought and uncertainty of what she was doing at this very moment by focusing solely on the physical aspect of the here and now they were sharing. She was damned either way, whether she slept with him or not, so ‘damned if I do’ was her final decision.

Mere moments ago she’d been upset and he’d only wanted to make it better, to take away her frustration, give her body what he knew it wanted and to quiet her mind by being gentle with her. However, the feral, desperate quality of her current actions excited the natural male instinct inside to take her hard; and if this was what she wanted, how she needed him, harsh and brutal in their coupling, then she was about to get it. His lust had all but clouded his better judgment the moment he felt her wet heat on the tip of his cock and there was no turning back now. She tugged on him one final time then screamed when he finally drove her into the mattress.

After the initial shock of his sudden invasion, she welcomed the fleeting pain as he put everything he had into each forceful thrust. Squeezing her legs tightly about his waist, she raised her hips off the bed to meet the demanding, vicious pace of his passionate assault.

Without leaving her hot passage he rose up, grasped behind her knees and hurriedly flung her legs over his shoulders. His lust crazed need for release made him change his pace in an effort to hold off long enough until he’d brought her to orgasm. After that, he wouldn’t hold back, not this time. He’d make it up to her though, before she had a chance to say no.

He leaned back over her, their chests nearly touching as her knees bent towards her head and his pace slowed a fraction. At this angle, she was positive he was leaving bruises the way his hips dug into her with each deep, sharp stabbing thrust. The sky outside had lightened marginally with the coming of dawn, shedding enough light to see him clearly for the first time that morning. His fingers were splayed on the bed next to her, elbows bent, the muscles in his shoulders and arms twisted and rippled as he used the strength of his entire body to drive himself in and out of her. Glancing up, she saw his eyes shut tightly, brow furrowed in concentration, teeth showing as he grunted with each powerful stroke. Her small frame took the pounding she so badly wanted while she clung to his lean form, her walls fluttering from the erotic vision in front of her. Each rapid stroke of his cock made the intense ache of need in her womb wind in on itself increasingly until, when there was nowhere left for it to go, it shot through to flood her senses and the sheets beneath her. As she crested her release, the speed of his movements escalated. Unable to handle it, she clutched at his neck to bring him closer, biting down on his shoulder, hearing him growl in response but unwilling to let go of his flesh.

When she clamped down hard on his shaft, he couldn’t hold back. It felt so good to have her cumming around him he lost control and raced towards orgasm, his hips pistoning in and out of her to catch up with it. The sudden pain of her teeth sinking into his shoulder made him erupt, spilling himself inside her, biting back the pain with a howl as it mixed with his pleasure.

As the last drop of cum flowed from his body to hers, he ceased moving, grateful when she released his shoulder. He gently let her legs down and lay on top of her, his softening cock still encased within her heat. It took a bit of time and many ragged breaths before either could speak.

“Please tell me I didn’ hurt you?” She didn’t appear to be in any discomfort during their vigorous, heated encounter, but he was concerned nonetheless.

She gulped in a lungful of air before answering. “No,” another lungful, “Only at the start but please,” two more lung-fulls as she held up a hand to silence him just in case. “Don’t apologize. I wanted it that way, honestly.”

He felt her arm drop to his back and let the conversation go with a simple ‘ok’, glad that he hadn’t harmed her. In truth, he’d both surprised and pleased himself. He’d made a conscious effort to incorporate Spike’s abilities, not let him take over, just use Spike’s intuition and innate ability to know what to say and how to read her body. He really had taken Lorne’s advice to heart after giving it careful consideration. Blending the best of both himself and Spike, so long as no ill will was intended, would mean that he might just gain an advantage when it came to his lady love. He knew no matter what he as William did, without Spike he never would have stood a chance in getting her to so much as even look his way. Spike really was a part of him, he just never saw it as such until Buffy and it made perfect sense considering he cared nothing for those other woman he’d slept with.

“Mmmmm,” he purred. “Feels good... LOOOOVE when you do that to me, pet.”

She was trailing her fingernails across his back with no particular pattern. Normally this soothing touch of hers would have relaxed him; however, it was now serving to arouse him instead, most likely because he hadn’t pulled out of her warm passage yet.

“Mm-hmm,” she replied, not really having a response to that at her disposal since all her senses still lingered in the realm of post-coital bliss. Even though she should be getting up, she was becoming sleepy again. It felt so good just lying here, underneath all the strength of his warmth. The weight of his body didn’t crush her like it would have with Riley or Parker or... hey!!! She felt his manhood start twitching inside of her as he purred against the attention of her fingers. He’s not doi... oh my, God! He’s actually getting hard again? So soon? There’s no way, no way in...

Oh yes, he most definitely was.

She stopped the play of her fingers when he began rocking back and forth, his girth expanding inside of her with each delicious slow pump of his hips.

“Ummm, s’cuse me. What do you think you’re, ohhhhhh... Stop that,” she whispered with little conviction behind her voice.

“Make me.” He challenged her, already determined to make up for his earlier lack of stamina. What he hadn’t counted on was just how soon that would be. Unsure when he would see her again, his need to have her one more time took precedence over anything else, unless a train drove itself through his living room.

“William, I...,” she sighed breathily.

“Yeah, luv?”

“Please.” She wanted to say ‘stop’, but as his lust grew to fill her body, it was obvious how stupid that would sound since they’d already done it once.

This time was the complete opposite of what transpired moments ago, and a lucky thing it was too for the sore state of her bottom. His measured thrusts were tortuously slow, forcing her body’s response to follow his lead as she moaned her approval.

He whispered how beautiful she was, how lucky he felt that she was here with him now. He incessantly poured sweet words into her ear until she took his face in her hands and silenced him with a kiss. Over and over he brought her body to great heights, telling her each time how good she felt and how magnificent she looked whenever she came. Just when she thought her body had no energy left to peak for the fifth, no sixth, or was it the seventh time now, he proved her wrong. Pulling his cock out to crawl down her body, he nestled his face between her thighs, subjecting her to his able tongue and clever fingers. She was just about to cum when...

Bzz, bzz, bzz...

She must have jumped a mile but William didn’t bat an eyelash or stop what he was doing. He quite simply reached out a hand and having grasped the clock, yanked it away from the wall disconnecting the plug and abruptly flung it over his head to go crashing loudly to the floor.

She raised her head up in surprise. “I think you just broke your alarm.”

“Fuck the bloody alarm,” he pulled back to flick his tongue across her clit. “Don’ like interruptions, `specially when it comes to my girl.”

“Ahhh.” Her head dropped back to the pillow and it didn’t take long to pick up the path of her interrupted orgasm. Fuck it, she thought as she realized it was now 7:30 and they’d been going at it for well over an hour, I can go into work whenever I feel like it.

After she came, he licked her clean then crawled his way up and gently slid his erection back inside her welcoming heat. He rocked her body several more times until he felt sure she was as satisfied as he could make her then allowed his own release. It didn’t take long for them to decide a little more sleep was in order, so when she remained on her back, claiming she couldn’t move, he laid his head on her chest and hugged her body with his arm and leg, much like she had early, drifting off to the sound of her heartbeat.



A/N: This chapter was originally longer, but unfortunately I ran over the 10,000 word limit the site allows, so you can look forward to the next chapter very soon. It really does feel good to be back in the game of writing and I hope I haven’t lost many of the wonderful readers who’ve been following the story along.