Author's Chapter Notes:
What can I say? I used late-night hours during the times when I wasn’t packing to move into my new house to produce a new chapter. For this latest installment, trust me, the plan/plot is still in place and the story will NOT be abandoned, it’s simply a matter of RL responsibilities allowing me the time to write/post. Please enjoy. I hope I haven’t lost many readers and that everyone understands my situation. I used a song within this chappy for which, unfortunately I cannot find a way to currently directly link readers to a ‘one-click’ listen to. HOWEVER, in saying so, when you see the link as follows: http://www.4shared.com/file/14886622/48e24f94 please copy/paste in a seperate window then click the song icon ‘Kelly Clarkson – Addicted’ as it is truly worthwhile and indicative of Buffy’s state of mind concerning Spike. Trust me, you won’t regret it, it’s a very powerful song that lends itself to the chapter.



Thanks to Dusty273 for her continued patience with editing all my stories along with our co-authoring effort of Someday, Somewhere, Somehow as well as my dear friend Beasleysmom, who’s been by my side, taking care of my two children while I prepare my family to move into my new home. You guys are the best.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



http://www.4shared.com/dir/2574670/adc10b2b/sharing.html

Cont’ from chapter 27...

“Actually, I’d love to dance with you.” She suppressed a smile when he looked up at her in surprise. “But you have to promise, PROMISE me that you’ll keep your hands above my waist and your mouth to yourself.” She couldn’t help giggling the second he got that familiar cocky look on his face. Yeah, she could get use to that for the rest of her life........



He didn’t know what brought on this change of heart in her attitude from this morning and wanting to avoid him but he wasn’t about to question it either. He’d come here tonight thinking all he would be awarded was the sight of her and now she was willing to dance with him?

“I can keep that promise, buuuut,” he drawled and stepped forward, taking each of her hands in his.

Uh-oh. He eyed her up and down like she was dinner as he walked her backwards towards the crowd of dancing couples. She forgot he could be crafty when he chose and agreeing to a dance was definitely an opportunity for him to demonstrate that ability.

“I still can’ be trusted,” he raised her hands to his neck then wrapped his arms around her waist. “`Specially when it comes to you,” he whispered, head tilted to one side.

“Soooo you’re saying I shouldn’t dance with you?” She smiled hesitantly even as she allowed him to hold her close. There was no way he could do anything out here in front of all these people, could he? No, there was definitely no sex to be had between them in a club full of people.

He just laughed and pulled a nervous looking Buffy even closer.

She leaned her cheek against his chest and closed her eyes. Why? Why couldn’t he just tell her what was going on so they could hurry up and be together? It was getting harder and harder, especially after today’s revelation to deny she was falling for him. She couldn’t push him though, she could only hope it wasn’t going to be too long because it felt so good being held in his arms and the thought of going to bed alone without him no longer appealed to her.

He slid one hand up her back until his fingers came into contact with her soft skin, causing him to moan from the immediate response it had on his hormones. Unable to resist, he dragged the tip of his index finger up and down her spine slowly.

“What are you doing?” She pulled back to look at him.

It’s like you’re a drug
It’s like you’re a demon I can’t face down


“Relax, pet. `M keepin’ my hands above your waist.”

“That’ doesn’t answer my question.” She gave him a stern look.

hhttp://www.4shared.com/file/14886622/48e24f94

It’s like I’m stuck
It’s like I’m running from you all the time


He smirked at her. “Don’ worry.” He leaned in and placed his mouth as close to her ear as possible without actually touching to whisper, “Not gonna do anythin’ to you,” he lowered his voice impossibly deep. “That you don’ want me to.” He felt her hands suddenly tighten around his neck and he wondered if she wasn’t getting just a little bit turned on. Maybe......... she would be open to a little verbal foreplay?

Oh, no. Oh yes. The rich baritone of his voice, the feel of his hot breath, the combined aroma of leather and cigarettes mixed with his own unique scent had her mind swimming in thoughts of a naked Spike doing things to her body only he was capable of.

“You’re going to try and seduce me, aren’t you?” she asked, half jokingly.

And I know I let you have all the power
It’s like the only company I seek is misery all around


“Told you before, `m a bad rude man.” His face went serious. “But make no mistake, Buffy. My intentions with you are as pure as the white gown you wear. Can I tell you somethin’?” He felt it necessary to remind her of one very important fact along with some new information. He waited until she nodded then raised both hands to cup her face so she couldn’t look away. “I haven’ taken a single job since I met you. I may still work for Lorne, but in a much different capacity now. I ceased bein’ a gigolo the very day I first laid eyes on you. I swear it.” He watched her face fill with questions, her lips parting to ask but she never gave them voice. He wanted nothing less than to kiss her doubts away until she was breathless but he would keep his promise, keep his mouth away from her. “I swear,” he whispered, trying to convey his honesty as best he could through his eyes. She closed her mouth and nodded. He shut his eyes in silent thanks to the powers that be and wrapped one arm back around her waist while the other found her head to fold her cheek back against his chest.

It’s like you’re a leech
Sucking the life from me


“As for seducin’ you... I know you don’ want to sleep with me. But if you let me, I can still make you feel good while keepin’ my promise. Would you like that, Buffy? Would you let me... right here, right now?”

It's like I can't breathe
Without you inside of me


And it was quite the interesting song that just so happened to be playing at the moment... ‘Addicted’ by Kelly Clarkson. Whether coincidence or not, the words were hitting too close to home, making her nervous as it spoke of her own physical lusting for Spike.

And I know I let you have all the power

“How `bout it, kitten?”

She wasn’t sure how he could accomplish this, but the sudden dampness in her panties made her curious enough to ask, “How?”

And I realize I'm never gonna quit you over time

He pulled back to smile at her like a naïve child. She still had so much to learn about the art of lovemaking but he was more than happy to show her, teach her how to let him please her... while pleasing him in the process.

It’s like I can’t breathe
It’s like I can’t see anything
Nothing but you
I’m addicted to you


“I promised you two things, yeah? That I would keep my hands above your waist and my mouth to myself. That right?” She nodded but he could see the uncertainty, the hesitancy mixed with intrigue over what he had in mind and knew she needed reassurance.

It's like I can't think
Without you interrupting me


He reached up to take her arms and lowered them down the front of his chest. Leaning in to whisper against the shell of her ear, he told her what to do. “Put your arms `round my waist, inside my coat.” He guided her trembling hands beneath his duster then let go, pleased when she didn’t pull away from him. “You control the pace, luv, you and you alone. Feel free to do anythin’ you want to me.” She lowered her hands to rest lightly just above his buttocks. “Mmmmmmm, tha’s my girl.” She unexpectedly pressed her body a fraction closer to his, making his cock twitch from the contact with her belly. “Fuck, pet. You’re gonna make me mess up a pair of perfectly clean jeans.”

In my thoughts
In my dreams
You've taken over me


He ran his hands down her arms then let go long enough to grab the sides of his duster and draped it around her to conceal what was taking place between them as best as possible from prying eyes. Starting a slow rhythm of steady yet shallow thrusts, his hips moved against hers, just enough to stir her passions but not draw attention from those around them as he banded one arm about her waist, the other reaching up to toy with the scarf at her neck.

It’s like I’m not me
It’s like I’m not me


Pulling the scrap of silk aside, he gently brushed two fingertips over the bruised flesh in the shape of his teeth, making her shudder. “Sorry `bout that, luv. Jus’ couldn’ resist markin’ my girl.”

The memory of this morning and its implication of her weakness for him came rushing back. “I don’t think... I’m not so sure we should...”

It's like I'm lost
It's like I'm giving up slowly


His eyes clouded over with lust and his lips parted. “Shhhhh. Listen... watch... feel.” He pushed the silk back in place to conceal the mark then ran his fingers gently down the column of her throat, barely grazing her nipple on its path towards her waist. Leaning close to her face, he whispered while staring into her eyes, breathing heavy in between the words he spoke as if they were already naked and alone.

It's like you're a ghost that's haunting me
Leave me alone


“`M imaginin’ your tiny hand wrapped around my cock right now, strokin’ me.” He tilted his head to one side and sneered. “Oh yeah, baby. Like that. Squeeze it a li’l tighter for me... mmmmm. Can you feel how hard I am for you?” He pressed his erection against her stomach in case there was any doubt.

“I-I...” Yes, Oh God, yes! She could barely breathe; the look on his face had her so mesmerized.

And I know these voices in my head
Are mine alone
And I know I'll never change my ways
If I don't give you up now


“Are you ready for me, Buffy? Is my kitten all wet and slippery jus’ waitin’ for me to give her what she needs?” He could tell she was unsure about all of this, but he could also see the lust rising in her cheeks to stain them pink. Placing his lips next to her ear, he told her, “Take my cock and guide it to your sweet li’l pussy.” She tightened her grip to his waist so he kept going.

It's like I can't breathe
It's like I can't see anything


“Push down on it, luv, get the head inside and lemme do the rest.” He jerked his body suddenly as if she’d done just that. “Tha’s it.” He pulled back to look in her eyes again.

Nothing but you
I'm addicted to you


It was all just talk, but she swore she could feel every descriptive word he spoke, as surely as if he were invading her body. The music and lyrics filled her head and that’s when she realized... she never counted on the power behind those haunting blue eyes nor the potency of his voice melting her resistance. He picked up the pace of his shallow thrusts, causing her eyes to close and images of his naked body twisting with hers to take over.

It's like I can't think
Without you interrupting me


“Open your eyes. Don’ wanna miss a thing.” He touched her face and smiled when they fluttered then gazed into his. “There’s my girl.” Stroking her cheek with his thumb, he began breathing harder, timing it with the movement of his hips. “`M slidin’ in and out of you right now and bloody hell... feels soooo good... your body grippin’ me. Wrap your legs around my waist so I can go deeper. Yeeeeeah, feels good for you too, doesn’ it?” Li’l minx.

She was getting more and more turned on with every word he spoke. Her body felt hollow though and strove for more contact. Lowering her hands to his buttocks, she pulled him closer and wiggled against him. Unfortunately the satin of her dress and undergarments didn’t provide for any friction, leaving her frustrated. “Spike,” she sighed.

In my thoughts
In my dreams
You've taken over me


“Wha’s wrong, kitten?” He saw the desperation in her eyes and knew she needed more. But unless she asked him, he would keep his promise and there was nothing more they could do or have except this until she was ready. He moved his hand down to casually stroke a nipple through her dress with the back of his index finger. She gasped and arched into his touch.

It’s like I’m not me

“More,” she begged. Her body slipped into a heavy state of arousal. The compelling look in his eyes, the strength beneath his gentle touch upon her breast, the hot air hitting her skin from his labored breathing, all of it overpowered her. He had to remind her when her hand unconsciously undid the snap to his jeans.

It's like I'm not me

“Eh, eh, eh. Don’ want everyone to see my naughty bits, now do you?”

I'm hooked on you
I need a fix
I can't take it


She nodded but slipped a single finger inside the partially opened pants to touch the very tip of his shaft that seemingly reached for her while straining against his zipper.

Just one more hit
I promise I can deal with it
I'll handle it, quit it
Just one more time
Then that's it


“No one can see. You have your coat around me, remember?” He’d said she had control, controlled the pace, but that was a lie. He controlled her body, had since day one and she needed to take back some of the power if it were possible before he willed her into orgasm right here on the dance floor, fully clothed.

Just a little bit more to get me through this
I'm hooked on you
I need a fix
I can't take it


Her finger came into contact with the sticky pre-cum that gathered where she rubbed him in small circles. Removing it, she brought it up to her mouth and wrapped her lips around it.

Just one more hit
I promise I can deal with it


He growled at her actions. Did she have any idea what she was doing? `Course she does. She was his girl and knew just what to do to get him going. He yanked his grip to her, bringing her ear back to his lips. “Not fair, pet. Now where were we? Oh yes, I was jus’ `bout to make you cum.”

I'll handle it, quit it
Just one more time
Then that's it
Just a little bit more to get me through this


Her breathing picked up as he continued describing exactly what it was he was doing to her.

“Can you feel me thrustin’ in and out of you? Fillin’ you... stretchin’ you?”

It's like I can't breathe
It's like I can't see anything
Nothing but you


“Yessss.” She moved her hips in time with his, tingles of need forming deep in her belly. If she could just get some friction she was sure it would send her over the edge.

'm addicted to you

“Faster now, kitten. Oh yeah. Faster, harder... harder...”

It's like I can't think
Without you interrupting me


“See, luv? See how good I can make you feel? Don’ even need to be insi-” she interrupted him, her hands flying to his face to bring his lips to hers, shocking him.

In my thoughts
In my dreams
You've taken over me


She pulled back, issuing a command that made him shudder from the power behind her voice.

“Take me some place where we can be alone. Right now.”

It's like I'm not me
It's like I'm not me


Well, if that’s what his girl wanted. “Follow me.” He took her hands in one of his and led her towards the bar then told her to wait there for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone saw them, saw that kiss, someone who felt the need to enlighten Buffy to a certain fact before she made a grave mistake... and not just out of a sense of jealousy.

“Buffy?”

Buffy turned to see who called her name.

“It is you, I knew it.”

“Harmony? Wow, I haven’t seen you since, since graduation. How are you?” She felt the need to be polite even though they didn’t run in the same social circle during school.

“I’m fine. Uhmmm,” she hesitated a moment before deciding blunt was the best way to go. “Did I see you... kissing Spike?”

Buffy’s eyes widened. “Y-yeah. Do you know him?” She had the feeling she didn’t want to know how the ditzy slut knew him. The sly smile that crawled across the other blonde’s face instantly confirmed she was facing one of Spike’s past ‘jobs’.

“Quite well.”

Her heart sank. She knew it shouldn’t matter. That, Harmony and other women in general, was in Spike’s past, he’d told her so. Still, it hurt just a bit to come face to face with one of the countless women who’d paid him for sex. Suddenly, Harmony’s smile dropped and she leaned in conspiratorially, lowering her voice.

“I hope for you’re sake you’re not uhmm, going to, you know... DO anything with him.”

“Why?” Her heart began hammering in her chest, knowing whatever she had to say was something she wasn’t going to want to hear.

“I was with him a week ago when I found out he... caught something.” Buffy had a blank look on her face. “You know... of the STD variety?”

“You’re serious?” she asked, her tone somewhat harsh as well as disbelieving. But she had to be sure. When Harmony nodded she felt as if the wind had been knocked out of her. Holding her palm to her forehead, her breathing became shaky. “Oh my God!” Harmony’s expression turned to one of genuine concern.

“You have, haven’t you? Oh Buffy, I’m so sorry.” Her hands flew to her mouth and she shook her head. “I just felt you should know i-if, in case you... but you already... I’m so sorry.”

Buffy felt like being sick, the overwhelming nausea a combination of Spike’s deceit and the fact he put her health in jeopardy. “I gotta go.”

Harmony nodded sympathetically, putting a hand to her shoulder, apologizing again before Buffy high-tailed it to the bathroom. Bursting through the door, she barely made it to the toilet before she fell to her knees and retched. Her stomach heaved twice more before there was nothing left to throw up. She rocked back on her haunches and wiped the unbidden tears that sprang forth from the exertion of her belly’s effort to expel its contents. Grabbing some toilet paper, she wiped her face then threw it in the toilet and flushed.

Standing in front of the mirror, she studied her reflection. He’d lied to her, said he hadn’t been with anybody since first seeing her and yet she knew Harmony wouldn’t lie about something like this. The girl had nothing to gain. They may not have been best friends in school, but they’d never hated each other, never tried to out-do one another in any way.

Why? Why did he lie? How? How could he? If he really cared about her, how could he do this to her?

How many ‘jobs’ had he taken since knowing her? How many other women did he ‘infect’ with whatever it was he’d contracted? Her mind swam with questions before she realized she wouldn’t be able to get to a doctor until tomorrow or maybe not until Monday.

Anger seized her, anger over his claim of fidelity, replacing the heartbreak of his lies. She needed to leave, as in right now. Find Anya and leave the club because if she ran into Spike she was sure the scene wouldn’t be pretty. She took a calming breath, grabbed the doorknob and walked out.

She found Anya and Spike chatting at the bar over a drink and stopped in her tracks. Neither had seen her yet and the longer she stood there looking at Spike, the more her anger grew into rage. She steeled herself and took a step forward.

Ignoring Spike’s presence entirely, she addressed her friend. “Anya, we need to leave.” Anya turned towards her, clearly confused.

“Leave? Why? Is someth-“

“I’ll explain when we get in the car.”

“But-”

“Wha’s wrong?” Spike asked. He’d secured both permission and a key from Lorne to one of the ‘private rooms’ in the back of the club, normally reserved for the escort service’s more ‘high profile’ customers, fully expecting to take Buffy there before she came back declaring she had to go. From her mannerisms, he thought something had happened back in Sunnydale that required she get home right away. “Can I help, pet?”

This got her attention. She narrowed her eyes and lit into him. “I think you’ve done enough.” She turned to walk away, expecting Anya to follow her when Spike’s hand reached out and grabbed her elbow. She whirled on him and yanked herself from his grasp. “DON’T... touch me,” she hissed.

Taken aback, he looked to Anya for an answer but her eyes told him she was just as lost as he was.

“Wha’s wrong?” he asked with more force behind his question. If he didn’t know any better, he’d swear she was mad at him.

“What’s wrong? I’ll tell you what’s wrong. You,” she pointed at him. “Are what’s wrong. I don’t ever, and I repeat EVER want to see or hear from you again.” Turning to Anya, she told her one more time. “You can stay if you want, but I’m leaving.”

Spike grabbed her arm again when she turned away. He wasn’t going to let her go without finding out what was going on.

“I think I deserve an explana...” He felt the sting of her palm against his cheek before he ever saw her raise her hand.

“I said don’t touch me,” she spat.

Lorne was on his way towards the bar when he caught sight of what happened. Uh-oh. Whatever was going on, it looked like he needed to run interference. He quickened his pace and reached them in time to hear Buffy’s rant.

“... and you lied to me!”

“What the bloody hell are you talkin’ `bout? I’ve NEVER lied to you.”

“So you say, but I ran into somebody tonight who told me about your,” she pointed a finger at his crotch. “Problem.”

“What?!?! I don’ understand.”

“Harmony Kendall.”

Spike rolled his eyes. He instantly understood exactly what Harmony had more than likely told her. It was the lie he’d told the bloody bint to keep from having to shag her. “`S not true.”

“How do I know that? And what about all the times you told me I was the only one? She said she was WITH you last week.”

Lorne started to speak but Spike held up his hand. “I was with the bird last week but not WITH her. Chris’, luv!” How had things turned so drastically wrong from moments ago? “I told her that so-”

Buffy shook her head. “You betrayed my trust, Spike. You USED me.”

“Used you? That’s rich,” he scoffed. “You wanna talk `bout bein’ used?” She had paid him for sex once upon a time. Wasn’t that the very definition of using someone?

“Oh, please DO excuse me. You would be the final authority on that now wouldn’t you?” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“Look.” His jaw clenched as he tried to calm himself. “`Jus’ lemme explain before you go off half-cocked here.”

“Buffy, you really sh...” Lorne went to back his friend up but Buffy turned on him, the same fire in her eyes now burning him into silence.

“Stay out of this! You’re just as much to blame as he is.” Her eyes began to tear. “I thought you were my friend.”

Everyone’s eyes went wide except Anya’s. All she could do was stand there and watch things unfold in front of her. Buffy was on a rampage and knew her friend wouldn’t listen to anyone. She would definitely be drilling Lorne and Spike after this was over, for Buffy’s sake.

“What else have you lied to me about, huh, Spike? Was the whole I’ll-tell-you-everything-soon just another lie to keep stringing me along?”

“NO!” he yelled, causing her to flinch for which he instantly regretted.

“I bet there isn’t anything there at all either. There’s no reason behind you selling yourself out for something bigger.”

“If you’ll shut that bleedin’ yap of yours for two minutes, I’ll explain everythin’ right-”

“God!” She interrupted him. “I can’t be-LIEVE how incredibly stupid I’ve been. I knew there...” She threw her hands up in the air. What did any of it matter now that she knew he’d lied.

“Listen here, you daft bint. I TOLD Harmony I had somethin’ so I didn’ have to sleep with her.” He was ready. Ready to tell her anything and everything he had to in order to stop this insanity. To think Buffy would believe someone like Harmony over him was infuriating beyond belief.

“Oh is that a fact? And you were what... over at her place just to say hi?”

“That night... I didn’ think I was ever goin’ to see you again so I was ready to take a job. Then Lorne phon-”

“This ends here... now.”

Frustrated at being consistently interrupted, his raised his voice to carry over the entire club. “`M TYRIN’ to explain, tryin’ to set the record straight if you would jus’ shut-”

“No! No you’re not. If you were trying to set the record straight then you would have been honest with me from the start. Told me everything about yourself from the beginning. You would have told me WHY you’re working for Lorne. Why you would sell your body. And for what? What goal is SO important that you would reduce yourself to something like that?”

“Don’ go throwin’ stones, luv. You bought me, too.”

“Yes. You’re right, but there isn’t anything lower than being a whore, so this goal of yours must be pretty damn important that you lied to me. I can’t take this rollercoaster ride of yours anymore. It makes me sick to my stomach. Was I ever anything more to you than a meal ticket?”

“DON’T say that,” he growled and grabbed her shoulders. “You KNOW that isn’ true.” She wrenched herself free but he continued, taking steps towards her as she began backing away from him. “Everythin’ I’ve ever told you is true. You’re my girl, Buffy, my everyth-”

“Stop right there.” She held her hands up. “I was never your girl. That was YOUR fantasy... not mine.” She sighed, feeling tired and defeated. Shaking her head back and forth, her eyes closed, tears full of anguish at the injustice of the situation falling freely down her cheeks before whispering, “I can’t believe I ever loved you.”

The words choked her throat. She barely realized what she’d said until Spike’s face registered it and all the weight behind it. Unable to take it any longer, she turned and fled, uncaring whether Anya followed her or not.