I do apologize for lack of updates. The muse simply hasn’t been very cooperative and I’ve been preoccupied between both my kids having homework every night - (who knew kindergarten held homework anyway? I don’t remember having it when I went, lol.) – AND, my husband will FINALLY be getting out of Iraq here next month, then to come see us the beginning of November... after 15 bloody long months of being deployed, yeah, more than excited! He hasn’t even set foot in our new house, so I’m like a mad woman here lately trying to get it all Ethan-Allen-picture-perfect. Sounds insane, but there’s a lot going on in that department and I want his homecoming to be extra special. Anyway, believe it or not, I have the next chapter, the epilogue, more than ¾ written, so not too long before the next update. As for IAN... just have to get the muse to finish writing that epilogue, too. This chapter will see the tying up of loose ends, a little Lornya, and some fun with brains and oil, *winks*. I went for a different angle to lead up to some smutty fun... hope you enjoy. Thank you Dusty273 for all your help, smooches.


Midmorning found the lovers arguing over whose place they were going to spend the day at, until Buffy told William she had little in her fridge to cook with. She shrugged at his smug smile and let him have his little victory dance. If he insisted on cooking from her, who was she to stop him? Besides, she never did get that slice of chocolate cake he offered the night before to which he admitted ‘you caught me’ when she called him on it.

A childish pout and a few kisses later, he told her to go home and pack enough things to leave at his loft permanently so that any time she stayed the night, she’d always have what she needed. Meanwhile, he busied himself with making them something to eat and to bake said missing cake. By the time she got back to his apartment, she swore he’d cooked enough to feed the whole of California and it was just as decoratively laid out as the dishes at his restaurant.

After lunch, however, she was shooed out of the kitchen with a warning because she couldn’t keep from dipping her finger in the bowl while he was trying to frost the cooled chocolate layers of his handiwork.

“Is it almost done?” she whined from the couch a few minutes later.

“Patience, kitten.” Raising a hand high above the cake, he sprinkled a mixture of confection and carob chips. “The best things in life are worth waitin’ for.”

If that isn’t the understatement of the year! Sure, she may have had to wait, but as she sat there watching Mr. Right decorate dessert she had to admit, he was ‘the best’.

Her eyes followed each step of his progress with awe. And as ridiculous as it sounded in her own head, just the way he moved in the kitchen made her swoon. How he studied each ingredient he added with critical, squinted eyes from behind wire rimmed frames, how he pursed that full bottom lip as he stirred the chocolate sauce over the stove, how his brow furrowed whenever a chip didn’t ‘land right’ and then pushed it into place with a steady finger. It seemed rather silly, going gah-gah over his perfectionist type behavior, but seeing him in ‘all serious chef-mode’... incredibly sexy.

With a nod of self approval at his finished work of art, he cut two slices out onto separate plates, drizzled the warm, calorie-laden topping in a zigzag pattern across them both then grabbed two forks before walking over to join her.

“So what did you want to do today?” she asked as he handed her the sweet treat then sat down.

“You have to ask?”

When he waggled his brows suggestively, she cringed. “Not to spoil your plans but I’m too sore for any more of... that.” She blushed when he began chuckling around his fork. “Hey! I’ll have you know my whole body aches. You abused me last night.” Three months of nada then three times in one night with a man who could put a Clydesdale to shame? Yeah, sore was putting it mildly.

“Awww, poor kitten.” He’d fix that in a hurry. “Tell you what. Lemme give you a massage then, yeah? Loosen you up. See if I can’ change your mind.” Her eyes went wide. “You know I can be gentle.”

Oh, she knew alright. There were many things she still had yet to learn about the man sitting next to her, but she knew all too well she didn’t stand a chance when it came to his talents. That’s when she took a mental step back and realized something.

“I don’t want this to come out wrong, but... We don’t really know each other. You know?”

Halting mid-bite, he tilted his head to study her, wondering where this was coming from.

“I-I mean our, uhmm, relationship? It hasn’t been exactly... conventional. At-least-until-now. And since we’re TOGETHER-together, I’m...” she huffed over her inability to simply say what she was thinking. Setting her plate down, she took a calming breath then started again. “What if, when you discover all there is to know about Buffy Summers, you don’t like me? A-as a person?”

“`S not possible.” He saw the insecurity she’d exhibited early last night creep back into her expression, but her fears were unfounded. Whatever personality quirks she had were inconsequential to him.

“It doesn’t make you nervous? Even a little?” Holding her fingers up one at a time, she listed her idiosyncrasies. “I hog the blankets, snore, sometimes drink straight from the milk carton and-” his chuckle cut her off.

Shaking his head, he set aside his plate then moved to pull her gently onto his lap. “I know wha’s in here.” He traced a finger over her heart. “Tha’s what matters most.” Kissing the frown on her forehead, he told her honestly, “Don’t bloody care `bout any peculiarities you may have.”

“Really? But what if you find that I’m... boring?”

“I could say the same, pet. Once you find out jus’ how bookish I am.” He paused to point towards the piano and then to a large bookcase filled to capacity. “You might run for the hills.”

“That’s where you’re wrong.” She gave him an impish grin. “I’ll tell you something that I’m positive you don’t know about me.” Removing his glasses, she put them on her own face. “I’ve always harbored a secret thing for geeks, the smart guys. The shy quiet type back in school? Complete with glasses? VERY hot!”

“`S that so?” Bloody hell she looked adorable wearing his spectacles. And to think she actually liked geeks? That made him a total shoe-in.

“Major turn-on for me. They usually wind up being the most passionate... just like you.” She tangled the fingers of one hand in the soft curls at the top of his head. “Remember when you played the piano for me that one time?” Lowering her free hand down his chest suggestively, she whispered in his ear, “I nearly came just from watching.” That earned her an astonished but lustful look.

“I think we’ll get along jus’ fine then, pet.” He dove in for a kiss but her cell phone interrupted the moment. She excused herself, saying she had to answer in case it was work-related then got off his lap to retrieve it.

Rolling her eyes at the caller ID, she answered it while mouthing ‘Anya’ to him as she came walking back towards the couch. “What’s up, Anya?” William pulled her down onto his lap and took his glasses back from her to set them aside. “No, you’re not interrupting anything... Yes, of course we... Many orgasms,” she giggled when he shot her a playful look and gripped her sides tightly in response to what she’d said.

Giving her a mischievous look, he spoke loud enough for Anya to hear, “Actually we were in the middle of-mmph!” His words were muffled when Buffy’s hand covered his mouth along with a warning glare.

“No, no. He was just joking. Anyway, what were you saying about tonight?” She listened intently then shrugged her shoulders. “Sure. We can be there. What time?” Glancing at his questioning look, she held her finger up for him to wait until she was finished with her conversation. “Right. Six o’clock. We’ll be there. Okay, bye-bye.”

“We have to go somewhere tonight?” he asked, unable to hide the disappointment from his voice that their plans to stay in had suddenly been changed.

“Yeah. The Bronze.” Settling more comfortably into his embrace, she explained. “Sorry, but she’s has this important THING, something she’s wanted to tell our friends and she won’t do it until we’re all gathered in one place.”

“Huh. Sounds interestin’.”

“I guess. I mean, she’s never kept a secret from me so I’m more than curious to see what it is.” Sighing, she went back to playing with his curls. “It shouldn’t take long. We’ll be back here before you know it. Okay?” He purred beneath her touch and agreed before letting his eyes slide shut. Studying the serene look on his face, she changed the subject. “I love your hair like this.”

“You do?” he murmured lazily.

“Mm-hmm. Of course I liked it the other way, too.” His eyes snapped opened, a clear expression of shock emanating from their blue depths.

“You did?”

“Well, yeah. Why so surprised?”

“Thought you’d hate it seein’s that... that was Spike.” He’d tried hard to rid himself of that alter ego even if it had advantages when it came to the blend of some traits. She cocked her head thoughtfully at him, her next words catching him off guard.

“But, that’s who I fell in love with. He’s not a separate person. He’s a part of you. Another side of your character.” It was true. Hoping she hadn’t said something wrong, she told him, “Please don’t take it in a bad way because that’s not how I mean it. I love YOU. William. But even from the first night we met you showed... I saw both sides of you. I don’t see them as individual people, just two different facets of your personality.” Caressing his cheek with her fingers, she asked, “Do you understand?”

“I think so.” He wasn’t offended; he just found it hard to believe.

“It doesn’t matter to me whether you prefer to be called William or Spike. I have the best of both worlds in you.”

“I guess when you put it like that...” Tilting his head, he studied her for a moment then grinned. In a few simple sentences his girl had summed it up nicely, making perfect sense out of it all. And if she said she loved him, all of him, including Spike as part of the package, well then. Maybe it was wrong to rid himself of the bloke completely. “So you really liked my hair blond, yeah?”

His question came with a teasing wink and she instantly relaxed, glad he wasn’t upset. “Mm-hmm. And the leather duster and black clothes?” She blushed. “Really hot.” The smirk he suddenly fixed her with had her insides heating up.

“Well then. Maybe...”

~~~*~~~

“God, pet! Feels so good.”

“Do you like that?”

“Mmmmmm,” he purred. The things she did to him with her tiny hands were amazing. “Don’ stop.”

His moaning picked up when she dug her nails into his skin.

“Ooooo, so warm and wet.” And tight, he thought. The way she gripped him felt incredible, so firm, so snug.

“Just the way you like it, right?” He hissed under the pressure as she worked him a bit more.

“Jus’ like that, luv. Oh, yeah.” Her touch was so erotic, far more intimate than he ever imagined under the circumstances. “Fuck, pet... tha’s hot.” His girl really knew how to warm things up.

“Good... it’s supposed to be.” Applying more friction, she began rubbing him vigorously.

“Harder,” he begged.

“You want it harder?”

She stroked him more forcefully and bloody hell but she could be rough when she wanted. “God, yes. You make it hurt so good. Keep goin’.”

“Time to finish you off, baby,” she whispered in his ear then turned up the heat.

“Tha’s hot.”

“Hold still.” He was starting to squirm. “I’m almost there... almost done.”

“Ow. Ow-ow-OW!”

“Stop being such a wuss.”

“Arghhh!” he cried, panting with relief when it was over, trying to calm himself from the experience while she grabbed something to wipe him with.

Turning the water off and drying her hands, she watched as he righted himself from being bent over the tub. “There’s my Spike,” she cooed when he pulled the towel from his head to reveal the newly dyed platinum locks.

“Forgot how much that stings.”

“We’ll add a packet of sweet-n-low to it the next time. It should relieve some of the burning.” Helping her boyfriend bleach his hair was admittedly weird, but she assisted as best she could by massaging his scalp and making sure he rinsed well.

“Bloody hell!” He cursed at the mirror while repeatedly running his fingers through his thick curls, trying to tame them. “`M gonna need some gel before we go out tonight.”

“Right here.” Pulling her own bottle from her overnight bag, she held it out before asking. “Do you still have the black duster?”

Turning to see her excited smile, he couldn’t help but chuckle. “Anxious li’l thing, aren’ you?” She nodded. “Like the bad boy look?”

“Love the bad boy look,” she confessed without shame.

Stalking towards her with a naughty smirk in place, he took the gel then circled behind her. If it pleased his girl that much, he’d be more than happy to give her the full bad boy treatment. “Does this mean you’ll let me give you that massage tonight? Change your mind `bout-” grabbing her around the waist, he rubbed his growing erection against her backside and feathered his lips around her ear. “-bein’ too sore for some... action?”

She went weak in the knees when she saw his reflection and how sexy he looked as he worried her lobe between his teeth. “It has its, ohhh... possibilities.” Sore or not he’d already convinced her, even without the added bonus of a massage. “Mmmmm, better stop or we’ll never make it out the door.”

“Erghh,” he growled, frustrated. Bloody hell! They only had twenty minutes before they needed to actually be there at The Bronze. Not enough time for any naughty play before leaving. “Le’s go.” He turned to grab his black t-shirt and pulled it over his head. “So we can hurry back.”

~~~*~~~

“Well, well, well,” Lorne clapped his hands together as everyone watched the two blondes approach the table hand in hand. “Look at the happy couple.” Buffy let go of Spike to come over and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. “What gives with the hair?”

Spike shrugged and threw his arm around Buffy when she sat down beside him. “She likes it. Do I need another reason?” His friend chuckled and shook his head.

“Not at all. I’m just tickled to pieces you two are finally together.”

“Amen to that,” Anya piped in. “No more mopey-Buffy now that she’s being given lots and lots of orgasms.”

Spike erupted in a fit of hysterics while Buffy blushed.

“It’s really good to see you happy, Buffy.” Willow diverted the conversation. “And you too, Spike. I-I mean William.” At the mention of ‘Spike’, William raised a questioning eyebrow. “I- uhmm, I’m sorry?” she offered Buffy who stared back at her with wide, frightened eyes.

“How did... Buffy?” He turned to see her cringing.

“It sort of-of... slipped out about a week ago. When we were out. Here. At The Bronze.” Indeed the last time she was here with her friends, she forgot Willow didn’t know about ‘Spike’ when she and Anya were arguing. Oh, God, she groaned internally. “I’m so sorry. I never meant-”

“Hey, man,” Oz interrupted. “It’s no big. I guessed it anyway when I overheard you talking to that guy at Grisanti’s. Nobody cares. At least I don’t.” Looking at his girlfriend she nodded in agreement then spoke.

“Nothing matters except that you two are together. A-and happy.”

Spike glanced around the table at everyone, watching as they all nodded their heads. To hell with it. He hadn’t wanted anyone to know unnecessarily, but if they truly didn’t care then neither did he. It was all in the past anyway. “`S okay.” Seeing the scared look in Buffy’s eyes, he reassured her, “`S okay, luv.”

“Really? Because I-”

“Sshhhh. I jus’ said it was.” He kissed her deeply, letting her know he wasn’t mad with her while everybody sighed their ‘awwwws’ of approval.

“Hey! This is supposed to be my night. Stop that!” Anya broke in; ignoring the snickers she received.

“Ahem, sorry.” Spike broke the kiss while Buffy melted further into his side and stroked his arm lovingly. “Wha’s this `bout, pigeon?” His girlfriend started her round of questioning after he spoke.

“Yeah. What gives with the formality? What’s so important that you’ve managed to keep it secret even from me?”

The entire group watched as Anya stood up with a huge grin. “Yes. Well, I... WE have an announcement to make.” She tapped Lorne on the shoulder.

“Oh, right.” He stood up as if forgetting his place then wrapped an arm around her shoulders, smiling down at her while her head bobbled from side to side with barely contained excitement. “Sorry, honey-bun. Continue.” He kissed her cheek and listened as her voice bubbled over with enthusiasm.

“Lorne and I are getting married.”

You could have heard a pin drop in that moment. The expected reaction never came. Instead, their friends just stared at them in dead silence, jaws slack. Anya’s smile dropped; her look of disappointment obvious as she turned to her fiancé. “Well that went over like a fart in church,” she said dejectedly.

“You two have been........ How?” Buffy asked. Lorne arched an eyebrow, making her feel stupid as to the ‘how’ part. “I-I mean... why?” Then he laughed.

“Just LOOK at this gorgeous woman,” he exclaimed, gesturing like Vanna White towards his bride to be.

“But you’re... he’s... gay!”

“Hmmph!” Anya turned her nose in the air. “Not anymore.”

Buffy looked at Lorne. “But you’ve never even BEEN with a woman before. Right? So when did you...” Her eyes suddenly lit up. “This whole time?” she screeched. “For four months you two have been... making with the...”

“Mm-hmm. Right under your nose, too!” Anya smiled, pleased with herself.

“This is too weird, even for me,” Willow said unexpectedly but quickly back-pedaled after Anya frowned at her. “N-not that I’m not excited for you but... I just thought it, uhmm, you know, i-it’s different between two men than a man and a woman.”

“Well duh!” Anya rolled her eyes.

“So... how?” a still stunned Buffy asked to which Anya cheerily answered her with a little too much information.

“Strap-ons.”

There was a collective gasp but Oz merely shrugged. “If it works for you.” This remark, however, only encouraged her.

“Quite well. See, first I hav-”

“Anya, sweety,” Lorne interrupted. “I think they get the picture.”

Buffy nodded. “A little TOO vivid a picture. So-when’s-the-wedding?” she rushed to change the subject.

“We’d like to do it next month. Just a small ceremony at The-Hide-Away. Which reminds me.” Lorne turned to Spike. “Will you stand up with me?”

“As long as it doesn’ involve me wearin’ a bloody dress.” Buffy jabbed his side but Lorne only chuckled.

“Oh, poo! And I had the CUTEST little teal number picked out for you.”

The small crowd erupted in laughter. “A-hem. Right then.” Spike held up his beer in salute. “Cheers mate.”

Buffy intended on spending more time celebrating along with her friends, but after an hour she could no longer ignore Spike’s wandering hand from underneath the table nor his whispered pleas to leave.

~~~*~~~

“What exactly is your plan? To baste then cook me?” Buffy guessed Spike was fresh out of massage lotion when he came back from the kitchen with a bottle of olive oil.

“Thought I’d bring you to a simmer first,” he joked, then lowered his voice to add, “Before eatin’ you.”

Gulp!

--- Squee!


Her slutty side was jumping for joy.

--- Damn skippy!

“Don’ look so nervous, luv. Promise I’ll be gentle.” She might be too sore for sex right now, but it wasn’t going to stop him from ravishing her with his tongue. “Roll over.” As soon as she did, he took his own clothes off, climbed on the bed then straddled her thighs. Cracking the lid, he poured a generous amount into his hand, laid the open container within reach against the pillow and began rubbing his palms briskly to warm it up.

“I have body lotion in my bag if you’d rather use that?” she asked, though it was apparent from the sounds of things he was already, ohhhhh, that feels good. His hands touched down on her lower back with just the right amount of pressure to soothe as he ran them slowly up her spine.

“Nope. Olive oil is better for your skin. `S much like the oil produced by the sebaceous glands, `s mildly anti-bacterial and doesn’ contain irritants like dyes or perfumes.”

“Mmmm, you sure know how to turn a girl on when you talk like a brainiac.”

He smiled at her playfulness. “Wanna know more?”

“Go ahead, my fine professor... fill my head with fun, useless facts.” They both had a good laugh before Spike cleared his throat and began his lecture.

“Lesson the first.” He quickly located the knots between her shoulder blades and set about kneading them while he talked. “Its historical roots lie in ancient Greece, but they did more than jus’ consume it as part of their diet. Greek athletes covered their bodies with it and exercised in the nude as well as before the Panathenian Games every four years. They bathed with it in replacement of soap... it was also used to anoint the dead along with honey, wine and even left as gifts at their gravesites.

“Really?” Wow! What that man could do with his hands and spew out facts like that at the same time? She certainly could have used a history professor like him back in college. Oh yeah, hot for teacher!

His voice droned on as he covered her arms then moved down her legs, calves and feet, loosening any and all tension as he went. By all rights, she could have fallen asleep it felt so relaxing, but she was fascinated as she took in the little tidbits of information and how weird am I for getting so turned on by all of this? He literally spoke as if reading straight from a textbook and after a few minutes of hanging on his every word she realized... smart was never so hot the way he pulled it off! A naughty thought crossed her mind, and she wondered if maybe sometime she couldn’t get him to fuck her with nothing on but those glasses.

“The oil was medicine in the hands of Greek doctors. Hippocrates mentions roughly sixty different treatments it has for the human body.”

“What?!?!” He turned her onto her stomach, continuing the massage along with his little seminar.

“Skin conditions, wounds, burns, ear infections...” He trailed off as he ran a hand up her thigh, casually dipping one finger in to slide along the cleft of her womanhood then leaned his head close to her ear. “Gynecological ailments, too.” That earned him one of her pretty moans. “Here end-eth the lesson.”

He dragged his lips along her neck and chest, stopping briefly to suck each of her nipples into erect little spears while pulling her knees apart far enough to accommodate his shoulders. Kissing his way down her stomach, his fingertips gently caressed her delicate folds with a touch so tender yet erotic; she felt the exact moment her body released the warm trickle of her excitement.

“`S this for me, baby?” Christ, his mouth watered the second she drenched his fingers with her essence. He spread it around her opening, slid the tip of one finger down to tease her puckered hole, wondering if she’d ever allow him to take her there. That, however, would not only require a whole lot of preparation, but all of her trust as well considering his size. Her breathy reply of ‘yes’ quickly brought him back from that train of thought.

He slipped a single finger inside and she stiffened, anticipating a sting which much to her surprise, never came. Was there anything he couldn’t do? He’d eased away all her aches, loosened her up so much even her muscles down there were relaxed.

He nestled himself more comfortably between her legs, wrapped an arm around each thigh and darted his tongue out to have his first taste. “Mmmmm. Bloody ambrosia.”

“Oh-GOD!” Her orgasm came out of nowhere, his light, tentative licks sending a flood of heat to course throughout her body.

He was in heaven, lapping at her quim greedily, full of pride he’d made her cum so hard and so quick, too. But now he had a dilemma of his own. His cock was hard as nails, weeping angrily from the tip and in need of release. He grasped it, pumping himself as he continued devouring her liquid sweetness.

“No.”

“No?” He ceased all movement, surprised at what she’d said and worried that maybe something was wrong.

“You don’t have to do that.” She’d looked down when feeling the mattress begin to shake; saw when he tried to bring himself off. “Come here.” Still struggling with the last tremors of her own passion, she opened her arms, inviting him. “Cum inside me.”

“I don’ wanna...” Still working himself, his only concern lay in hurting her in her tender state. “`S alright, I can-”

“I want it... want you. Please.”

Seeing the honesty and lust in her eyes, he abandoned his efforts and swiftly crawled up her body, his throbbing shaft already nudging at her folds, aching to be inside her.

Winter blue eyes stared through her soul as he took one long, fluid, smooth and slow thrust forward, satisfying her desire to feel the mass of him filling her. “Love you,” she barely managed to whisper before his hips patterned the beat of her heart.

For a second, he had to squeeze his eyes shut, absorb her words and the way she moved him at a level he never knew existed. The emotion she poured into his being with that simple phrase surrounded him on all sides, drowning him. “Love you, Buffy,” he answered her, knowing he couldn’t last, not with the intensity of the moment she’d introduced with her admission. “Cum for me, luv... one more time.”

Demand made, demand met. With a will of its own, her passage tightened around her lover, the waves of her first orgasm spilling over to crash and combine, catapulting her body beyond mere tremors to twist and quake violently deep in her core, replacing any previous bliss with complete euphoria as her walls contracted. He filled her womb with the white hot cry of her name, his completion cleansing her from within.

In an aftermath of sweat and tangled limbs, the languid sense of fulfillment settled heavy between them, the reward of sleep reaching out to claim them.

Had to do some research on the olive oil thingy, but hey... smart can be hot when it comes with platinum locks, giggles. I'm gonna pimp out my friend Dusty273 here for a mo and tell everyone that if you haven't read her fic The Art of Immortality - you really should, it's tasty! Only an epilogue away now from the end of this story, wheww! Have a great day, *hugs*.