Heading back to her bedroom, thinking she should get in touch with Tara the following day, Buffy’s thoughts were disrupted by Edina calling for her. Rushing back to the stairs, thinking something had happened, she was surprised to find William, a wet William, standing at the bottom.

“Hey, pet,” he greeted her cautiously; as if he were unsure he should be there.

It was in fact strange, and yet she was finding, not completely out of character for him. He wasn’t one to let something go easily, or to give one space. Pursing her lips together, she crossed her arms across her chest and looked at him expectantly.

“Can I come up, or do you want me to just stay here and drip all over the floor?”

“What’s the difference? You’ll drip up here too.”

“Well…I don’t have to drip up there,” he said lightly and of course suggestively.

She shook her head at him, “You’re incorrigible.” She started to walk away, “Come on up,” she said over her shoulder as she headed for her room. She smiled when she heard him running up the stairs. Looking over her shoulder, she saw him jogging towards her, trying to catch up, and she started to run herself.

“Hey!” he shouted after her.

Laughing to herself, she kept going, right past her room and down the hall, taking a right at the end of it. It was dimly lit, and in light of what had just happened downstairs, she had to admit, kind of creepy, but she could still hear William coming after her, so she pushed the eeriness out of her mind. She turned down another hall and went up some stairs; William caught her about the waist at the top of the stairs and sent them both tumbling to the floor. She was laughing when William spun her on her back, pinning her underneath him.

“What’s that about?” he asked, smiling down at her.

She shrugged. “Felt like it.”

He kissed her then and she twined her limbs about him. “I’m still mad at you, you know,” she murmured into his mouth.

“I know you are,” he whispered huskily. “Show me how mad you are.”

Kissing him, she slid her hands under his shirt and then down his pants, inching toward Spike.

“Yes,” William hissed.

“William…”

“Hmmm?” he moaned as her hand pumped Spike.

She drew her hand away, and pushed at him. “Not here.” Jumping up, she tore back down the stairs and hall to her room. William, once again, hot on her heels. Once in her bedroom, he toppled her into the bed, growling.

Giggling, she looked up at him. “That’s what you get for being such a persistent pain in the ass.”

“Oh really?” he asked and twisted them a bit so she was nearly on top of him. With a firm hand, he smacked her ass.

She let out a yelp of surprise and her eyes widened. “William!”

He shrugged. “That was for being a pain in the ass.”

She grinned saucily. “Do it again.”

His eyes immediately darkened with unbridled lust. “You sure?”

She nodded eagerly. He smacked her again and she wriggled against him. “Is it wrong that I like that?” she asked him.

He grinned, “Not at all baby. In fact, it really turns me on that you do.”

She rolled her eyes, “What doesn’t turn you on, William?”

He chuckled, and then in an instant turned sombre. Putting, his hand under her chin, he made her look at him. “Listen to me. It’s you, Buffy. Only you. You’re the only one who does this to me. There’s no one else.”

Her heart constricting at his words, she buried her face in his neck. With everything they’d done sexually, with him being her first for it seemed almost everything that had to do with relationships, it was his words that were more intimate to her than anything else. Those were the things that shook her to the core and made her ache. Her heart bled for something she was afraid to put a name to, and her mind told her she’d never get it. And that if she did, it’d only be fleeting and quick. She would never be able to hold it, and she was the girl that felt too much about everything despite the cold exterior she showed the world. Her fear of abandonment, and her belief that she was not lovable, caused her survival instincts to kick in. She had to protect herself.

“Buffy, baby, look at me.”

He wanted this serious, she could tell, and she did not. She wanted to touch him and have him touch her. It was only then that she felt like someone else, that she felt closer to the person she wanted to be, and she believed when they were having sex that she could be that free – spirited girl that could make William yearn for her. Not the broken girl his generous heart wanted to “fix”.

She looked at him, and when he opened his mouth to speak, she smothered him in a kiss. Digging her hands under his shirt, she pulled and rolled so that she was on her back, and he was half on top of her.

He broke the kiss and looked down at her, “Buffy-“

“Can we try it doggie style?”

His eyes widened, “What?”

“I want to try it that way. Can we?”

“I can’t believe I’m hearing those words from your mouth.”

”Believe it,” she whispered and tugged off his shirt, licked a nipple and smiled when she heard him gasp. “I want you to take me, Will. Take me any way you want,” and she smiled seductively up at him.

That seemed to snap him out of his shocked stupor. He kissed her so passionately; she thought she’d sink into the center of the bed from the heat of it. A hand wormed into her pants and he rubbed her pussy through her panties.

“Oohh...” she moaned, bucking her hips up to gain more friction. “Inside, William, please.”

He obliged, moving the fabric out of the way and slipping a finger inside her folds. “Like that?” he asked gutturally.

“Yes, just like that...finger me.”

“Oh Christ,” he muttered and sunk a finger inside, rubbing her clit with his thumb. “What happened to my virginal Buffy?”

“You defiled me,” she teased and slid her hand down his pants. “I want Spike,” she murmured and circled her hand around his hardness when she found it.

“Fuck,” he muttered, shutting his eyes.

“Take me,” she whispered, gyrating her hips, causing his finger to sink deeper inside her. “Fuck me, William, please.”

Their clothes were gone in a flurry of cloth and colors and the next thing she knew, she was on her belly and William was kissing the back of her neck and running his hands down her back and over her bottom.

“Hit me,” she ordered softly.

He obliged after a pause, and she moaned. “Again.”

He did so and she bit her lip, feeling the sting and heat of his slap turned her on even more. Was she sick for enjoying this?

“You like that, don’t you?” William said hoarsely in her ear.

“Yes, William, please...”

“On your knees, my love.”

She did as he instructed, propping herself up on her hands. Looking over at him, he found her watching her hotly. She bit her lip and smiled.

“You look like a naughty school girl when you do that,” he told her, sliding Spike up and down her folds and spreading her legs wider.

“Do I? Do you like that?”

“I love it because it’s you,” he whispered and slowly eased himself inside her.

“Oh God,” Buffy gasped.

“What’s the matter, baby? Did I hurt you?”

“No . . . It just feels different.”

“How?”

“You feel bigger inside me. It’s more intense.”

“Do you like it?” he asked and pulled back before sliding slowly forward.

“Y-yes.”

He stopped. “Buffy, if I’m hurting you—“

“No! It’s just ... go slow?”

“Baby, I don’t want to do this,” he said and pulled out completely.

“Will, please, it’s all right. I want to try it. Practice makes perfect, right?”

He sighed heavily. “If it hurts, you tell me.”

“Yes, I will.”

He slid back in, holding himself inside her to let her get used to the feeling before slowly sliding out.

She was starting to get used to it and she was surprised to find that she was actually close to orgasm. Scrunching the bed sheets in her fists, she encouraged him to go faster.

“Buffy, are you sure?”

“Yes, yes, please,” she nearly begged.

“Buffy,” he moaned, his hands digging into her hips. She could feel his lips on her back, moving her hair to the side. “Lift up,” he whispered and pulled her up so that she was kneeling.

“Oh, I like that,” she murmured and tilted her head to the side to give him access to her neck.

He bit, nibbled and sucked. “Buffy, Buffy, Buffy...” he chanted, pumping hard and fast.

“Will...I can’t...I’m going to...” and it was all over when he reached around and rubbed her clit. She exploded, cumming hard all around him, her walls squeezing the life out of Spike.

He came with a roar, jerking inside her, pushing himself inside as deep as he could go. He held her to him tightly, burying his face in her neck. He wanted so desperately to tell her he loved her, but was afraid how she’d take that, especially after he just came. There was some rule about that, he was sure. She wriggled from his grasp and crawled to her pillows, burrowing under the covers and nestling in. He chuckled at how adorable she looked and followed.

“Can I stay?” he asked softy, gathering her close to him

She nodded sleepily and yawned.

He pressed his lips to her forehead. “Get some sleep, luv. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Okay,” she said sleepily and was soon fast asleep.

********


William didn’t know how long he’d lain awake, holding Buffy, stroking her back, and pressing kisses to her forehead every so often. He couldn’t shake the feeling that no matter how many times he was inside her, no matter how many times they made love and held each other after, she was slipping through his fingers. For a few blessed minutes she was there, right there with him, and then gone in an instant. It wasn’t settling well with him at all.

He felt at a loss. Did he stop making love to her? Did he tell her he loved her? One she wouldn’t understand and would take personally, the other she would recoil from.

“Help me out here, pet,” he whispered to her sleeping form. “I love you so much and I feel like I’m losing you before we’ve really begun.”

Sighing heavily, he decided he needed help. Dru. Dru could help him. She hadn’t been around, and rightly so, since he and Buffy had gotten quite intimate. He wondered if she was kindly giving them privacy, or if she was sticking close to Buffy in light of all the ghost trouble she’d been having. Or if she was part of it as a childish tantrum to get back at her sister for ignoring her for so long.

“And I forget to ask how tonight went. Great job, William,” he muttered to himself. Crawling out of bed, he decided to get something to drink, and hoped to run into Dru.

********


Buffy awoke with a start, not really knowing what caused her to awaken, but she did just the same. Looking to the side, she found William not there, and her heart sank. Then, she spotted his clothes, all but his jeans anyway, on the floor. So, what was he doing?

Crawling out of bed, and wrapping a robe that she used all of once around her, Buffy headed out of the room and down the stairs in search of William. “I bet he went to get something to eat or drink,” she muttered to herself.

Surprising him in the kitchen gave her wicked delight, and she nearly started to run to the kitchen.

Rounding the corner to enter, she slowed down when she heard his voice. Who was he talking to? Edina?

She froze when she got closer and could make out what he was saying.

********


“Come on, Dru. You haven’t come and visited me in quite a while. I need some help here. I need you to tell me if you know anything; if Buffy is going to be all right—“

“William.”

William froze, his heart nearly stopping in his chest. No, no, no, Christ no... He turned to find Buffy standing there, a perplexed look on her face.

“You want to tell me what the hell you’re doing? Did you just say she’s come to visit you?” she demanded.

Great job, mate.