William grinned. “You’re a minx, you know that?”

Buffy batted her eyelashes and smiled up at him innocently. “Am I?”

“How’s your back?”

She gave him an odd look, “It’s fine. At least, it doesn’t hurt so much. I’m a fast healer.”

“Then…” He swatted her bum and grinned devilishly, “Yes, you are a minx.”

“What can I say?” she shrugged, “You unleashed a beast.”

“I’ll give you beast,” William growled and nipped at her neck.

Giggling, she wrapped her arms around him, enjoying the sensations he created, and most importantly, enjoying this blessed feeling of feeling loved and starting to let herself go; breaking the bonds of her carefully constructed and ‘safe’ world. While she knew that she still had a lot to work through and work on, at least she was at the beginning stages and greeting the new challenge with a smile instead of running and cowering in fear.

They just had to get through the following day first.

“Let me take you out,” William said huskily, grinding his erection against her. “Let’s go out tonight and forget about tomorrow at least for a little while.”

Boldly, Buffy slunk a hand between them and cupped his erection through his pants. “Think you can wait until later?”

He groaned, dropping his head onto her shoulder. “What are you doing to me?”

“Driving you wild. Is it working?”

He looked up at her, lustfully, hungrily, and kissed her passionately, knocking the wind out of her. He ground his erection into her palm again. “What do you think?”

“Do you want me to take care of that for you?” she asked impishly.

“No!” he said forcefully and stepped back.

“Will?”

“I’m sorry,” he shook his head, “I want to do this right. I want to take you out first.”

“Okay,” she said slowly.

“Pet, I just…We just got back on the right track and I want to do things right by you for once. I want to take you out, show my girl a good time and then come home and make love to you all right and proper.”

Buffy laughed, “Will, I don’t want you to make love to me all ‘right and proper.’ That sounds dreadfully boring.”

William chuckled, “All right, we’ll come back and have ourselves a bit of the rough and tumble. That work better?”

She smiled brilliantly, “Much.” She frowned, “Except, all I have to wear is what I have on now.”

“Then we’ll go out and I’ll buy you something.”

“Will, no, I’m perfectly capable of buying my own clothes.”

“Pet, can you please just let me spoil you?”

She sighed, “Okay.”

“And hey, while we’re out, maybe we could pop in and see Giles about that job?”

She grinned. “Sneaky.”

“I’m always trying.”

“Well, I don’t want to do that.”

“Oh?”

“I kind of want to see about this Bed and Breakfast thing. I think I’ve veered off in a whole new direction.”

“Is that right?”

“Yeah, I think I like the idea of taking control and being my own boss.”

“You? Take control?” William said teasingly, “Never.”

Buffy giggled. “Maybe I could even get my ghosts to do tricks for me! How much fun would that be for the guests?”

“You know what I like?”

“What’s that?”

“How they’re your ghosts now.”

Buffy grinned sheepishly. “I guess when push came to shove…you know, it’s like when someone outside your family makes fun of them. I could say all I wanted about Dru, but no one else was allowed to. My parents though,” she grinned, “They’re fair game.”

“That works out well then since I have nothing nice to say about them.”

“So,” Buffy said, slapping her hands together and rubbing them together conspiratorially. “Where we going?”

********


The one thing William wanted to thank Dru for was bringing Buffy into his life. He couldn’t remember a time when he was as happy as he was now. And seeing her come out of her shell was a pleasure for him beyond anything else. She reminded him of a seed that just needed some tending, some love, and encouragement to grow. She was blossoming before his very eyes, and she was glorious to watch.

They’d spent the better part of the day out and about, hands linked. They’d gone shopping, had lunch out, and then just walked around town, talking.

“Where have you been all my life?” William asked over dessert later that night as he fed Buffy the rich chocolate cheesecake they were sharing. He was taking great delight in feeding her; it was conjuring up all sorts of fantasies involving this very activity.

Accepting the morsel in her mouth, she closed her mouth around the fork and slid her mouth back sensually. He was going to give the restaurant a show if she wasn’t careful. Looking up and slightly narrowing her eyes thoughtfully, she replied after swallowing, “Under a rock.”

He barked out a laugh.

“No, seriously. I feel like that’s where I was anyway. Just… in the dark. I guess Dru knew what she was doing when she got me out here.”

“Buffy, did you have any fantasies? Anything you wanted to do?”

“Yeah, I did. All the time. I think I mainly lived in my head.”

“Can you share?”

“Well, a lot of what we’ve done, William. Just… having someone to care for me and love me, unconditionally. That was all I wanted, really. Is that sad?”

“No, not at all. I reckon it was what was most lacking, so that’s what you dreamt of the most.”

“What about you?” she asked, returning the favor by feeding him the rich dessert. “Fantasies? Daydreams?”

“After Fred died, I spent most of my time just being miserable and allowing work to swallow me so I didn’t have to think about it. After time passed, I just dreamt of having a wife, a family of my own. I didn’t want to be alone, but I was alone. You must have some new fantasies by now.”

“Yeah, to see Italy.”

“That’s it?”

“And France. I want to see more of the world.”

“I think that can be arranged.”

“What about you, Will? Any new fantasies?”

“Well, I have a few right now that involve your naked body and chocolate cheesecake.”

“So, why don’t we pay the bill and get out of here? I can supply the naked body at least.”

“You’re an idea woman, I like that,” he said smiling broadly and raised his hand, motioning for the check, unable to take his eyes off his beautiful Buffy.

********


William found he was riddled with nerves by the time they’d made it to his house. Buffy seemed to sense it in him when she wrapped herself around him as soon as they entered his bedroom. “What is it?” she asked, looking up at him, concerned.

“I just…Buffy, so much has happened to us and I’m just…you know that this is making love right? You know that I can’t do this unless it’s making love.”

She nodded, “I know, William.”

“And it’s not that I don’t want you, Buffy. I want you so much…” he pressed his forehead to hers and closed his eyes. “I want all of you, not just this.”

“I know, William. I want more too.”

“How much?” he asked hoarsely. “How much do you want?”

“Everything,” she whispered.

“Can you say it, Buffy? Can you say it yet? If you can’t, it’s okay—“

“I – I can. I – I love you, William.”

His eyes immediately welled up in tears. “God, I feel like a bloody ponce…” he muttered, “Can you just…just say it again?” he asked and looked in her eyes.

“I love you, William.”

Crushing her against him, he kissed her hard, pouring all of him and what he felt for her in that kiss. He felt overcome with love for her, from her, felt he needed to be inside her and could not wait; his want of her was desperate. Walking her backwards to the bed, he opted to take the fall so as not to hurt her back (despite her claims she felt fine) and allowed her to fall on top of him. Clothes were being flung off in a flurry of arms and legs, and they rolled all over the bed in their haste.

“I had planned to take this slow, love you thoroughly,” William muttered as he teased her folds with his finger.

She arched her back, lifting her hips to meet his questing finger, wanting Spike inside her now. Grasping his member, she stroked him and brought him closer to her. “William, we have all night…and you always love me thoroughly. I want you inside me now, please.”

Taking his finger out, he braced himself on his hands and slid inside her welcoming heat, enjoying the feel of her walls sucking him in, welcoming him. “Yes,” he hissed, “Feel so good…so tight and wet and hot…”

“Mmmm,” she moaned and reached up, kissing him.

“Am I hurting you at all?” he murmured his question, leaning down to suckle a breast in his mouth.

“No, no…feels so good… Missed having you inside me.”

“I know what you mean,” he sighed, feeling the desire to move faster and harder. And just as the feeling came, she encouraged him to do so, but curving her hands around his bottom and pulling him deeper inside her.

“Oh, God, William…” she breathed.

“I love you, Buffy. I love you so much…” he moaned into her neck, palming her breasts in his hands.

“I love you, too,” she whispered, nipping at his earlobe.

He groaned, hearing those words from her lovely lips brought him even closer to the edge. “Say it again, please,” he begged.

“I love you, William.”

“Oh, God.” He was pounding into her now, flicking her clit with his thumb, wanting her with him when he came – and it was soon.

When he felt her pussy clenching around him, he exploded inside her and watched with immeasurable ecstasy as her eyes fluttered up in her head and she called his name, falling apart around him.

Their sweat slickened bodies molded together as William rolled them onto their side, not leaving the haven of her warmth just yet. He kissed her languorously, playing hide and seek with her tongue, covering every inch of the cavern of her mouth.

“Still all right, baby?” he murmured, rubbing her back.

She nodded, snuggling into him. “Perfect. You?”

“Perfect.”

“Can we just lay here for a bit before you ravage me again?” she asked slightly sleepy.

He grinned, “Before I ravage you? What about you? I think it was fifty-fifty here pet.”

She smiled up at him, “I’ll show you ravaging!”