Author's Chapter Notes:
I’m sorry that it took me so long. Truth is, I never even expected to get more than 10 reviews from my last chapter this soon! Wow! Now, as my thank you to all of my readers I’m posting this next chapter right away. Hope you guys like it :-)



Spike awoke to the feeling of soft hands coming to rest on his bare stomach. Even if some part of his brain were still half asleep, he gasped at the sensation it caused.


He shot an eye open. For a minute, a sense of bewilderment crossed over his face until it dawned upon him that he hadn’t gone home last night to sleep in his own bed and instead he had stayed and held Buffy close to him all night long.


It was the best sleep that he ever had in a long time. Oh Bugger!


How could he keep torturing his self like this? He already knew the sad ending to his story and yet here he was, holding on to her like it’s most natural thing to do in the world. What a soddin’ love’s bitch I’m turning out to be….Well at least I’m man enough to admit it. What would I give to be able to wake up with her like this for the rest of my life?


The rest of his thoughts faded as he began to feel Buffy’s fingers doing light caresses on his lower abdomen.


“Buffy?” He murmured in confusion as he turned to face her but disappointment quickly took over his features the moment he realized that she was still asleep.


She was just dreaming.


“Mmmmmm” she moaned.


He took in the alluring sight of her honey blonde hair sprawled across the pillow and the half-opened lips that seemed to begging him for a proper attention. He’d probably woke-up lying beside her countless of times and yet, he still couldn’t get over how lovely she looked in the morning even as she sleeps.


Spike dear boy, here is your cue to leave the girl before she wakes-up. But somehow this time, he just couldn’t bring himself to move away.


Eyes that had been firmly transfixed on her beautiful face a moment ago have now begun to roam elsewhere starting from the creamy skin on her neck, to her shirt clad chest, down to her firm looking thighs to which the edge of her clothing had ridden high enough to give him a very good glimpse of her black lacy underwear. I bet she’s even wearing the matching bra to go with her knickers, he felt himself hardened at that thought. But something with the way her hard nipples are pushing against the thin shirt told him that she’s actually wearing nothing underneath. Fuck! This is girl is going to be the death of me.


“Uh…..Please…..mmmm. ” Buffy spoke in her sleep. Her moans now turned into a desperate mewl. Her arms came around him and she unknowingly laid her head on his bear chest.


Bloody Hell! He needs to wake her up real fast, before he does something he’ll regret later.


Carefully, he rolled her away from him to lay her on her back. Incidentally, this turned out to be a mistake since it puts him in a position to hover above her with his lips now merely inches away from her. And so the little tug of war of his willpower began to unfold in his mind.


He couldn’t possibly. He kept on telling himself that there’s no way he’s going to take advantage of her unconscious state and yet some part of his brain kept compelling him that one brief little kiss wouldn’t hurt at all. …..No! He’s not gonna do it.


The brief struggle in his mind went on until he saw the tip of her pink tongue peek out between her slightly parted lips and that did it. At long last, he dipped his head and closed his eyes as he tentatively touched her lips with his in a featherlike manner.


Mmmmm Buffy…… Now get off you, perv before she wakes-up and end up with a slap on your face! He was just about to do that. Walk away from the temptation. But when he felt her hot soft tongue flickered across his bottom lip, it was a lost cause. Spike finally let fate take its own course and deepened his kiss.


And that was the time that all thoughts of rationality finally left him. All that’s left is the wonderful feeling of Buffy lips against his. His tongue didn’t even touch her and yet pure bliss already took over him.


So this is how it feels to be kissing Buffy. Her lips felt so soft and so warm as if it had been specifically made for his lips alone. My Buffy…


Is it even possible for him to fall for her even more than he already did? And with that frightening thought, he suddenly came to his senses and slowly withdrew himself from her softness.


He slowly moved himself away from her sleeping form, silently thankful that he didn’t wake her despite of the intensity of the kiss they just shared.


She unconsciously turned sideways as a smile of content gradually spread across her lips.
She must be dreaming about Captain cardboard. He thought disdainfully, the ache in his heart coming back in full force. God! She’s so beautiful. Finn is definitely one lucky git.


Sighing, he put on his shirt and duster then took one last look at her before he slowly climbed down through the window.



A few seconds later, an eye peered open. Now that she’s sure that Spike had already left, Buffy finally sat-up with her heart pounding in her ears. Her emotions running wild as her hand went up to touch her lips.


She stood by the window and was able to catch Spike’s Desoto driving away. She could not believe that Spike had just kissed her.


She’d just woken up from a very sensual dream only to find real lips pressing against hers.


Could she have probably dreamt it? Spike had kissed her! And what truly shocked her more was the realization that she too had responded with equal vigor.


She didn’t really know what came over her when she’d resorted to making him believe that she was still asleep.


Maybe she knew it would save her from questions she couldn't answer like why she allowed him to kiss her and why she kissed him back? Or maybe she knew it would relieve her guilt that somehow she was cheating on Riley or maybe she just simply didn’t want the kiss to end.


As her mind continue to ponder on some more rambling thoughts, her eye caught the sight of a small rectangular shaped box by the windowsill.


His birthday gift to me! Her mind thought excitedly.


She quickly grabbed the gift and went to read the note attached to it.



For my sweet Buffy,


Happy Birthday, pet.

I know that this may not be as expensive as Finn’s but

It’s something I’ve been to wanting to give you from the time that we met.


Always,

William




Tears welled-up in her eyes the moment she finally opened the tiny box for inside was a lovely gold bracelet with hearts and butterflies dangling as its charms.





A/N : There you go! Their very first kiss. I hope I didn’t make Spike look like he was taking advantage of Buffy (even if he was! WINKS). So sorry that it had to be a short chapter. Please let me know what you guys think.