Buffy just couldn’t get her mind off the kiss they just shared. Pull yourself together, Summers! She scolded herself as walked side by side with the bleached wonder. She was surprised when his steps came into a full stop. Her mind was so out of it that she didn’t even know how they got to the parking lot.




“Where’s your car, Spike?” Buffy asked. She’d already scanned the whole area, but his old black Desoto is just nowhere to be found. “ Are you sure we’re in the right parking area?”



"Oh I'm sure.” He told her with an amused grin.



Buffy scrunched up her nose in confusion. Was he grinning? I don’t see anything worth grinning about?. “Well it’s not here. All I could see is a Toyota hybrid and a blue Porsche convertible.”


When Spike pressed the keyless entry to the blue Porsche, Buffy’s jaw practically fell open. “What are you- Is this yours?!”



“Well for now, it is. My dad has a friend who works for a car rental company. " Whie that part is true . " He lent it to me for free. " This part on the other hand, isn't. " He made me promise to be really careful with it.” He told her as he instinctively opened the passenger door for her before he hopped into driver’s seat beside her.



“Wow! " She mouthed to herself then turned to him. "Are you sure about this?” Buffy asked him, as her heart continue to race. She couldn’t even tell if it was from finding out that they’ll be riding in a sports car or the fact that Spike just got all gentlemanly and opened the door for her.



“I just figured your wedding planner wouldn’t buy into our act if he saw me driving my old car.” he explained.


“Awwww! I thought that the black Desoto was your baby.” Buffy cooed teasingly.


“It still IS my baby!” Spike defended. “I did not ditch it… more like I sent my car on a spa or something since I left it at Clem’s Auto shop to have it detailed and washed.”



Buffy laughed as he turned on the ignition. He can be so cute whenever he’s being overprotective about his car. Just one of the million things I love about him. She instantly slapped her hand on her forehead when she realized where her thought had led her. “I’m doomed.”



“What?”


“I said…soon. I hope we’ get there soon. I don’t want to be late for an appointment.”


“Don’t worry. I’ll get us there faster than you can say you’re one hell of a good kisser.”


Absentmindedly, Buffy echoed his words. “You’re one hell of a good kisser.” She felt her face reddened the moment the words were out.


“Thank you.” Spike told her with her a smirk as his eyes landed upon her.




Buffy quickly looked away as she silently grumbled to herself. Oh boy!

************


Flashback A year after Jenny’s death


Like any Saturday morning, just before he goes to work, Rupert Giles would sit quietly in his favorite comfy chair, drink coffee and wait for his son to come home after spending a night at Buffy’s. Normally, Spike would be coming through the door at exactly 8:35 am but today the 15-year old teen is running a bit late.


No matter. Giles had decided to hang a little longer. His regular patrons at the bookshop can wait, but what he’s about to tell Spike simply can’t.


Just the day before, he met with the lawyer who handled his Jenny’s will. The teen didn’t want to come along and told him he’d rather spent last day of summer at the beach with his best friend. So he relented, thinking that the meeting won’t concern his son very much. But he thought wrong.


Spike came into the house and did a double take when he noticed that his dad was still home. “Dad?” He rechecked his watch and it said 10:48 am. “ I’m surprised that you’re still here.”


“Good morning, William.” Giles greeted.


“Is something wrong?” His brow furrowed in concern.


“Nothing’s wrong, son. Why don’t you sit down with me for a bit.” He answered calmly as he started to clean his glasses.


Spike continued to look at his dad oddly as he sat on the couch. “You just called me son while you’re cleaning your glasses, Dad. You can’t expect me to believe that nothing’s wrong.”


Giles gave him a stern look.


“Does this have anything to do with your meeting with Mr. Hamilton yesterday?” The teen asked.


“As a matter of fact it does.” The older man replied.


“I guess that means I’m out of here.” Spike told his father coldly as he stood-up from the couch.


“Ermm…William, I know that you don’t want to listen to anything that pertains to your mother but just this once I need for you to hear me out.”


“All right.” The teen told him, his face void of any emotion. “ I’m listening, Dad.”


“Good.” Giles sighed in relief before he continued. “Remember the story that your mom and I told you about? On how we met?” Giles began.


“Yeah.”


“Well, there’s something else that you need to know.” Giles told him seriously.


“You mean it wasn’t true?”


“The part where your mom and I met in a party in New York, that’s true. The rest….” Giles cleared his throat. “We neglected to tell you the part where we eloped.”


Spike’s stared at his father incredulously. “ W-why did you-”


“Because her parents did not approve, particularly, her father. You see, your mother came from a very wealthy family and they didn’t like the fact that your mom was dating an average bloke like me. So to cut the story short, even if her father threatened to disown your mom, so she left and went away with me to England”


“Oh….So my grandparents aren’t actually dead like you said?” Spike’s tone was bitter.


Giles sighed heavily “Yes. At that time when you asked me, your grandfather was still alive.”


Hurt flickered in Spikes eyes. He could not believe that after all this time his dad had been keeping this information from him. “And now he’s really dead.”


“Four years ago when he had a heart bypass….”


The boy’s jaw clenched and unclenched. “Well now that I know all this, I still don’t know what these information got anything to do with me.”


“When he died, your grandmother tried to look for your mom. It was only two years ago when she finally found her. And eventually, Jenny learned that despite all that had happened, her father had left her a great amount of money. Jenny didn’t want any of it but your grandmother insisted. So Jenny took it and placed it on a trust fund under your name.”


“You knew about this trust fund?”


“No. I didn’t” Giles told him simply. “ I was only informed about it yesterday…when they read the will to me.”


Spike sighed deeply. “So does this mean that we have enough money for my college?”


“Well actually, with the amount that you’ll be receiving, I don’t think you would need to go to college. However, I still believe that College would be the right path for you even if it were not necessary. I knew how much you wanted to be an editor someday. ”


“I agree... dad. “ Spike nodded, numbly. “Exactly, how rich were my grandparents?”


“Ermmm….Aside from the two resorts they owned in Orlando and the 2 Casinos in Las Vegas. I believe they have at least 5 more five star hotels in other parts of the world.”



Spike shook his head exasperatedly, stood up and headed for the door.




“Where are you going? Don’t you at least want to know how much you’re inheriting when you turn 18?.”




“This is uh…. too overwhelming. I don’t even know if I want to take the money. I kinda like my life the way it is, Dad.”




“But you have to, William Your mom wanted you to have it.”



“I don’t know…” He mumbled as he opened the door.



“Wait William! Before you go, your mom wanted you to have this too.” Giles handed him a small jewelry box.



When he opened it, his whole face lit-up. “This was mum’s. Why are you-”



“Jenny wanted you to have it. She told me one time how much she wanted you to find the girl of your dreams. “ Giles explained as he saw the various emotions that played over his son’s face “And when you do, she wanted you to give it to her.”



“That’ll be a long time coming.” The teen mumbled as he took his coat and closed the door behind him. ” See you later dad!”


Taking the last sip of his coffee, the 44-year old man spoke with a knowing glint in his eye. “Oh, I beg to differ, son.”





TBC


A/N: Thank you for all your reviews! Yes, I did have fun at my vacation! But I’m sooo glad that I’m back. So sorry if this chapter kind of dragged. I just wanted to reveal one more vital thing about one of our main characters. But the good news is I might have another update by tomorrow. I can’t promise but I’ll definitely try :-)