Author's Chapter Notes:
As promised, here is my 3rd posting for the week. Hope you guys like it!
As they rode in silence, Buffy tried to look interested with scenery outside their car when in truth, her mind were filled of images of the man who sat closely beside her. No matter how she tried, the memory of his lips on hers just wouldn’t go away. Buffy is in a state of heightened awareness, she could feel his every move and hear his every breath. The kiss that they just shared was no way even close to the one they had 2 days ago but the impact was just as bitterly sweet. I have to stop this. I have to call Lorne and ask him to postpone the meeting. I need to-



“That’s one big rock you got there.” Spike’s voice broke off her train of thought.



“Huh?”



“The ring on your finger, luv.”



“Oh…” She replied. “I don’t usually wear it. I-.”



“I agree with you there, pet. I don’t think you should. Why don’t you just take it off?” He suggested.



“But… I’m an engaged woman so I’m supposed to have a ring on my finger.” She pointed out.



“True but the reason why I asked you is because I brought you this.”



Buffy took the small box he gave her and then slowly opened it. “Spike! It’s your mom’s engagement ring!”



“I know.” He answered simply. His jaw clenched and unclenched as he tried not to look at her.




Her eyes widened in realization.” You want me to wear your mom’s ring!?” She exclaimed then shook her head vigorously. “No, absolutely not, Spike! Your dad told you to give this to the woman you’ll marry someday. I can not just use this a prop for-“




“ Buffy, pet. Calm down.” He told her softly. “ Look…I just figured that it’s something that would help me get into the character with much ease. There’s no way I’ll be able to do that with Finn’s ring on your finger.”



“But Spike-“ She tried to protest.



“No buts. “



“But-“



“Summers! Will you just trust me just this once.” He growled.



She sighed. “All right. I trust you” Then she took off her ring and was about to replace it with his ring when his right hand reached out and stopped her.



“Wait a minute, luv.” He said as he suddenly parked the car on a side street.



He quickly ushered her impatiently out of the car and took her beside a bench that happens to be overlooking towards a really big fountain. “We have to do this right.” He told her suddenly nervous.



What is he doing? …Buffy gasped when she became aware that Spike had just knelt on one knee. “Oh my God! Spike! What are you doing?!!!!”



Amazingly, some curious passersby had stopped and people from stores had peeked through their window to witness what the bleached wonder was about to do.



Completely oblivious to what was happening around them, Spike took the ring she was holding and flashed her his most charming smile. The trace of humor on his lips was silently urging her to play along. “Buffy….”



Dear me....Her heart swelled at the way Spike spoke her name.



When Buffy looked upon him and smiled, Spike found himself immediately lost. His heart started to beat erratically as his serious blue eyes met hers with equal intensity. “We’ve known each other for so long. You’re my best friend… my soulmate. And I… “ He closed his eyes briefly before he continued. “I love you….and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you allow me to be with you forever, pet so that I can be the happiest man on earth?”



Buffy gave him a heart warming smile while inside her, she struggled to convince herself that it’s all an act and that she mustn’t get carried away. She held back a sob as her mouth opened to speak. “ Spike I-“



“Call me William.” He whispered huskily.” Forget about Spike for today and just pretend that you’re in love with a guy named William.”



Her heart felt like it would pop out of her chest as she continued to stare at the man who she had been secretly in love with for as long as she could remember. She silently asked herself if for just one day of make-believe, would she dare deprive herself of such joy to be able to share her feelings with the man she loves? No. She just simply couldn’t. “William,” She breathed out his name “ You don’t know how long I’ve waited to hear you say those words to me… You are my destiny, Will. Of course I would marry you.”




Spike’s smiled from ear to ear as his arms went around her. Spike dear boy. I could not believe what you got yourself into . He got no else to blame but his heart. And that same stupid beating heart can’t help but love every tortuous minute of it.




Buffy returned his embrace with equal intensity. Mmmmm Spike. I could stay like this forever!



The couple pulled away when they heard a resounding applause that echoed throughout the street . It was only then that they noticed the people that had gathered all around them.



A look of admiration was plastered all over their faces as they watch them head towards their car with their hands firmly entwined.


***********************

Lorne arrived at the front of hotel with just a few minutes left before their actual appointment. Fact was, he was scheduled to meet-up with a celebrity couple in L.A, but to his disappointment, his boss Lilah Horton informed him the cancellation of that wedding so this account was given to him instead. He was even less thrilled when he was given a little background of the couple he was about to meet.

He recalled his conversation with Lilah earlier that week:


Flashback

“You know one of those couple whom you can’t seem put your finger on? One of those you can’t seem to understand why they are getting married in the first place?“ Lilah pointed out as she sat comfortably behind her desk.


“You mean those one sided love kind?”.


“Yup, those kind.” Lilah confirmed.


“Oh I hate those kind.” Lorne answered with a look of disgust.


“Same here. But business is business so you have go out there and handle it.”


“Can’t you just ask Roger, Mia or any of your trainees to handle it? You know how I hated handling these types of accounts. There’s always the risk that it would just get cancelled in the end and all this work I’ll put through would be all for nothing. Plus I’m sucker for romance. I hate to be able to witness couples saying I do like they mean it when they actually don’t.” He complained.



“Mr. Finn’s family is really rich. They are going all out on this wedding which translates to a very hefty bonus at the end of the month for you.”



“I don’t know…you know me. I’m never much for the money, Lilah.” He told her in a serious tone.



“If I didn’t have that family emergency thing in Paris, I would be handling this account. But the thing is I can’t.“



“But-” Lorne tried to protest.



“Please? I’ll consider it as a huge favor from you.” She gave him her best charming smile.



Lorne groaned as he realized his defeat. “Well ok, Sweetums. I’ll do it. “



“Thanks. You’re absolutely the greatest.”




End of flashback



And that’s how he got into this boring assignment.


He contemplated whether he should go inside the hotel and meet with the VP of the hotel first but just as he was about to go in, he spotted a Porsche Carrera convertible that just parked beside his BMW.



Curiosity piqued him as he watched the young couple who rode in it. A very good-looking male blonde with sharp cheekbones came out of the car first . Very smoothly, he came around to open the other side of the door.


His face was a picture of pure adoration, as he looked upon the young beautiful girl whose hand he timidly took to help her step out of the car. The man whispered something into her ear nd it caused for the girl to instantly blush. Lorne, with his mouth agape could not help himself as he continue to stare upon the young couple in complete awe.



You could almost see the electricity crackling above their heads as he entwined his fingers with hers and guided her towards the entrance of the hotel. There is not a doubt in his mind that this couple was totally in love. They look so perfect for each other, so adorable… and so definitely not the ones he’s about to meet. He sighed as he looked at his watch. Not only did his couple suck, they were fashionably late as well.


The young couple in love walked past him with captivating smiles on their faces. As they reached the main entrance, the young girl did double take and slowly approached him.



“Excuse me but we were supposed to meet somebody here. Are you Mr. Lorne Travers?”



TBC







A/N : My thanks to Kimmie, Crystal Pegasus, Brittney, Sara M, Spuff_me, Mikaela, Ash, PhotgraphyNut, Kassie, Steph, Rosie, Candace and Kayla for all the wonderful reviews. This chapter means so much to me. The idea kind of kept popping to my head ever since I started this story. Please let me know if you guys liked it :-)