Spike held back a chuckle when he saw the way Lorne had opened and closed his mouth like a fish. “Ms Summers?”



“Yes?” Buffy replied.



Lorne looked above the sky and mouthed out his thanks before he turned his attention to Spike. “And you must be prince charming.”




“The one and only.” Spike managed to quip, though inside, he’s already nervous as hell. “But nowadays I only go by the name Sp-. William.”




“I see. “ Lorne looked at him thoughtfully. “Lilah must’ve gotten your name wrong cause I could’ve sworn the name Riley was written in your file.”



“Well…I-“



“Actually, His name IS Riley… Riley William Finn.” Buffy explained for him. “But he prefers to be called William.”




“Yes, Riley is such a poofter name….Ow!” Spike added, instantly earning a pinch on the arm from Buffy when Lorne wasn’t looking. He glared at Buffy and threw her a -what the hell was that for? Look.



“Come again?” Lorne asked, puzzled.



“Uh- I mean Wow! The hotel does look good from the outside.” Spike continued.



“Just one of the many reasons why we recommended it to you. Wait till you see the one of the banquet halls. You guys are totally gonna love it.”



Spike dared to place his arm around Buffy’s shoulder. “We can’t wait to see it. Isn’t that right, honey?” He told her huskily just before he whispered into her ear. “ I’ll get you for that later.”, causing for her to blush furiously.



Spike saw the way her face reddened at his remark and wondered what could be going on in that pretty head of hers.



“Y-yes. We’re really, really excited. “ Buffy replied. She glanced at Spike who then cocked an eyebrow at her.



“Well, I’m sooo glad to finally meet both of you.” He said ecstatically as he shook hands with the couple. “My name is Lorne Travers and I’m Lilah Horton’s Assistant. I’m here to help you make your Wedding dream come true! As you’ve already been told, this is just one of the two remaining Five star hotels that still have a spot for that weekend you guys specifically wanted. So the sooner you decide that this is the one that you like, the better. ”



“Okay.” Spike and Buffy replied in unison.



“Alrighty then! First thing that we need do is meet with the VP of this hotel.” Lorne said as he gestured for them to go ahead and enter the sliding doors first. “Normally he wouldn’t deal directly with his guests but since what you have is an elite account he had specifically requested to meet with you personally.”



**********

“Hi Freddikins!”


The brunette secretary outside of Mr. Gunn halted from whatever paperwork she was buried from and smiled just as she realized whose familiar voice it belonged to.


“Lorne! I haven’t seen you in while!” Fred squealed excitedly.


“Well I’ve been so busy, sugar plum. You know how demanding her Royal Badness can be. By the way, I brought with me Ms. Buffy Summers and Mr. William Finn who happen to be an amazing couple. I mean these two looked so sweet; you could practically see an entire colony of ants lining up behind them.” Lorne bantered as he gestured towards Buffy and Spike, who both tried all their might to look oblivious to his teasing remark.



Fred giggled uncontrollably. “I’m sorry…It’s just that Lorne knows that I’m such a hopeless romantic. Congratulations! You guys are so lucky to have found each other.” Fred told them dreamily.



“Thank you.” Buffy grinned.



”Mr. Gunn had been expecting you guys. He’s just finishing up with another couple that were here before you. You could take a seat while you wait.”



The three of them were about to sit together on the sofa behind them when Lorne’s cellular phone suddenly played an-I will survive midi. “Must be the boss.” He told them as he gestured that he’ll take the call outside the room.



“Nervous, luv?” He whispered into her ear, totally unaware to what his nearness was doing to her.


“A little.”



“Don’t be.” Spike took the chance of placing one arm around her waist to pull her close. “Just remember what we talked about back in my room.”



He had expected her to pull away but to his surprise, Buffy leaned her back towards him. “ U-huh.”



Within a few minutes, the door to Mr. Gunn’s office finally opened and there came out, a couple who just can’t seem to take their hands off from each other.



Buffy’s eyes widened to find the girl who’s continuously nibbling the guy’s ear was somebody she knew back then from their neighborhood. “ I can’t believe it.”



“What?” Spike asked.



“What do you mean what? Don’t you recognize her?” Buffy whispered.



Concentrating, he stared at the brunette as he struggled to recollect her from his memory. Nope. Too Distracted. Buffy’s hair smells so nice. He shook his head. “Nope. I’m still drawing a blank, luv.”



Buffy sighed in frustration. “All right. Do you remember that skinny looking girl with wiggly hair in 5th grade? We played soccer against each other and she purposely tripped me right before the finals.”



“You mean Faith Cohen?”



“Bingo.”




“That’s her? Now way, Summers! She doesn’t look like the Faith Cohen I know.”




“What DOES the Faith Cohen that you know looks like?” Buffy told him daringly as she crossed her arms on her chest.




“Well um…For starters, Faith had braces and … “ His voice dragged and then halted altogether at the sight of her cocking an eyebrow.



What? What did I say?




Faith on the other hand, gave them a brief glance then went back to focusing all her attention on her fiancé.



“I don’t think she recognized us.” Buffy observed.



Spike began to chuckle. “That’s because I was still wearing those silly-looking glasses the last time she was in town and you weren’t as hot-looking as...” The words were out before he realized what he just said.


“You-“


“Yes, you’re hot. “ Spike admitted, rolling up his eyes. “…and beautiful like I told you earlier. Can’t you get through your thick head, Summers that you’re quite the catch. If you weren’t, I wouldn’t have proposed to you now would I?”



Buffy smiled sweetly at him. He thinks I’m hot! The man of my dreams just told me I’m hot and here I am sitting on my ass, not doing anything about it.



With the way Buffy was looking at him, he couldn’t help but swallow hard. Spike wondered if she too could feel the same spark of electricity that he was feeling whenever their eyes would meet or their skin would touch. He could really use one of those pecks that she promised right about now. It almost felt like he couldn’t breath if he doesn’t feel her lips on his within the next few seconds. “Buffy?”



“Yes?” she asked almost as eagerly.



“I’m looking at Faith and her fiancé …” He moved an inch closer, his fingers playing with the strands of her hair on her shoulder.



“U-hum?” Buffy noticed the way his eyes traveled to her lips.



“Don’t you think we’re being left out?” He asked her huskily.



“Maybe?” She practically breath out her answer.



“Don’t you think we should- ” Then his head dipped….



“Hey guys! I’m back!”



The two practically jumped up from their seat and Spike mouthed a silent curse as Lorne’s sprightly voice suddenly cut through their intense conversation.



“I’m so sorry that I had to take that call. “ Lorne told them with apologetic eyes as he took the seat directly in front of them. “ So tell me… Did I miss anything?”


******************




“I take it the meeting went well, Ms. Cohen and Mr. Pryce.” The secretary addressed the couple.


“Oh please call me Faith and yes, the meeting went swimmingly.”



“I totally agree with my Faithy. “ Answered Faith’s English fiancé, gasping a little as his fiancée continuously tried to nibble at his ear.



“Would you know when Mr. Gunn is going to announce the couple that they would use for the ad campaign?”



“We should receive a call from our marketing manager any moment.” Fred replied.



“I was wondering why couldn’t they just hire models to do it.” Wesley asked.



“Ms. Mclay, our marketing manager told me that they wanted the couple on cover of the magazine to look authentic. You know, as authentic as a real couple should be. She wanted it to come out more like a testimony from the bride and groom than just an ad.”



“I guess that makes a lot of sense.” Faith said thoughtfully.” I just wish they’d pick us. Couldn’t think of any other couple that would look more in love with each other than us. ”



“Who knows? They might actually pick you guys.” Fred tried to look sincere as she feigned a smile. “ I guess it’s time for you to meet with our Hotel Manager…”



Fred gave them the directions to the reception hall.



“Thanks.” The couple told her as they headed towards the path that Fred directed them to.



On the way out, Faith winked at Spike and gave Buffy a quick once over right before they left the room. Buffy’s anger started to boil up inside her.. “Did you see what she just did?”



Spike smirked as he tried to appear oblivious to the whole exchange. “I wasn’t looking, luv. Why? What did she do?”



Buffy groaned, exasperated. “Never mind.” She attempted to stand-up, but suddenly a strong arm grabbed on to her shoulder.



“Buffy. I’m just playing with you, pet. I saw the whole thing. “ He told her with a mischievous smirk. His mind briefly struggled whether she was upset with the way the brunette had stared at her or the fact that Faith had openly hit on him.


Is he flirting with me? Does he already know more than he knows?


Of course not, Buffy! So stop acting so guilty.




“Are you jealous, luv?” he teased. He knows her enough to know that all types of bantering never fail to make her squirm. And a squirming Buffy, he likes!



Spike was expecting a big retort from Buffy but she surprised him by leaning forward. She moved her lips so unbelievably close to his ear that he could actually feel her breath when she whispered. “As a matter of fact, I am.”




TBC


A/N: Thanks to those who reviewed on my last chapter. So sorry for the delayed update...again. I had to ask a really good friend of mine to beta my upcoming chapters. Thanks to Hotmomma MB for working on this chapter with me!

Also, I don’t know who you are, but thanks from the bottom of my heart for nominating me at the Spuffy Awards, round 12 for Best Fantasy Romance and Fantasy Angst.

OMG! Can’t tell you all how grateful I am for all your support in my very first Fanfiction. Love you guys!