Author's Chapter Notes:
Please let me know what you think of this chapter. Thanks!
Two geeky-looking men wearing chef’s’ outfits came out of the kitchen and stood beside their table.


“Hi! My name is Andrew.” The blonde chef told them.


“And I’m Jonathan. We’re the head chefs that’s going to handle all the food for your wedding reception.”


“I just want to confirm that it’s going to be a dinner menu, am right?” Andrew asked.


“Right.” Buffy replied.


Andrew stood back as he scribbled something in his notes while Jonathan took his place. ”Here’s how it works. We’re going to have you taste the first of the 3 types of wine that were made from our very own vineyard. Then we’ll have them bring out the appetizers and sets of entrées for you to try in between. How does that sound?” He asked.



“Sounds good. “ Spike replied, feeling his mouth water though strangely it wasn’t from the mention of food.



“Wonderful.” Chef Jonathan replied.



The blonde leaned over to Buffy. “You know, the two of you kinda remind me of Queen Amidala and Anakin Skywalker. “


“Huh?” Buffy asked in confusion.



“You’re very pretty,” Andrew told Buffy dreamily before he turned to Spike. ”While you on the other hand, got that bad boy vibe going on around you. You may look tough on the outside but quite the lovesick puppy on the inside.” He sighed.



“You mean Senator Amidala” Jonathan corrected. ”Anakin was still a young boy when she was still queen of Naboo.”



“Oh right, because Queen Amidala hitting on 9-year old Anakin would be icky and wrong.”



“Precisely.” Jonathan looked at his friend thoughtfully, completely oblivious to the stern look that he’s receiving from Buffy and Spike. “Although I had to say that Episode II is my favorite. I didn’t like the last installment to their trilogy.”



“Are you kidding me! Episode III is waaay better since it finally focused on the story where Anakin finally reached the epitome of his true self. It’s where his destiny was finally realized. It’s the-” Andrew instantly stopped his rambling at the sound of Snyder clearing his throat.



“We should probably get that wine…” Andrew told the manager.



“Yes, you probably should.” Snyder ordered spitefully and watched the two dashed off towards the kitchen.



“Are you sure about this, pet?” Spike asked worriedly.



“I know. Buffy and alcohol are kind of unmixy.” Buffy agreed, recalling two instances where she unintentionally got drunk from drinking just one glass of Daquiri. One humiliating result had been one pissed blonde singing a very off-key karaoke. “ You could do the real tasting for me though, while I just pretend with the sipping. “ She suggested.



“OR you could just them the truth that you don’t drink.” Spike crossed his arms of his arms, amusement clear in his tone.


“Like hell I would.”


At Spike’s look of disbelief, Buffy quickly went on apprehensively, “My life is already pathetic, Spike. I just don’t want any body raising questions about my weak tolerance for alcohol. And besides, Faith might overhear it.”



Spike chuckled. “You’re absolutely incorrigible, Summers.”



“And you’re loving every minute of it.” Buffy winked.



Spike cocked an eyebrow and was about answer her with an equally thought-provoking comeback when Andrew came back with the wine and a waiter to serve it to them.



Snyder who had been supervising the whole thing noticed that Spike looked a little uncomfortable. Slowly he bent down to speak to the bleached blonde. “What’s the matter, Will-yum? IS the wine a bit too much for your taste? How about I get you a beer instead?”



“ How about I shove this fork up your sorry ass?”


***************

In her mind, Buffy could still not get over the fact that Spike completely overlooked her ploy of seduction. He didn’t even look. Although she’s feeling a little crushed, she was still set on finding out the truth behind Fred’s wild speculation. If at first you didn’t succeed, try and think like Raquel Welch.


After tasting the first wine, Jonathan came out and served them both with two sample platters of appetizers which Buffy and Spike gobbled up like kids until finally, the much awaited first set of entrees were served.


“Risotto cakes with wild mushroom, sage and roasted red peppers.” Jonathan introduced.


“Mmmm. It’s yummy.” Even if the food did in fact, tasted heavenly, Buffy had intentionally groaned out words to see if it will have an enticing effect on the bleached blonde. “What do you think Spike? Isn’t this the most delectable thing you’ve ever tasted in your mouth?”



Spike coughed out a lung as he choked on the mushroom he was eating. “ Bloody- (coughs). Yes (coughs) I believe (coughs) it is.” He looked at Buffy and saw her smiling at him innocently.



Minutes later, Andrew came out with the second wine and poured each of them a glass.


“This tastes better than the first one.”


“Really? How about just a teeny-weeny sip,” Buffy whispered.


“Buffy.” He warned


“I know. Life sucks.” She grumbled.


Buffy dared a peek at Faith, who seemed to be quiet all of a sudden. Maybe they’re done with their tasting session and had gone home. But when her eyes landed upon them, she really now wished she hadn’t for the brunette was actually looking at her, smiling with a evil glint in her eye before she proceeded to slip a hand inside her fiancé’s shirt. Ewww!


Quickly she turned away, thankful that the waiter’s back with Jonathan and Andrew. “Our second entrée is the hotel’s house specialty- Roasted tenderloin of pork with a thyme port served on a bed of wild mushroom.”


Spike ate his share in silence as he carefully watched Buffy from the corner of his eye.


“You have something on your…” Buffy motioned to the side of his mouth.



Spike raised his brow in confusion. He was totally clueless about what Buffy was trying to tell him so his surprise was almost comical when Buffy’s hand came to rest on the side of his face as one of her fingers gently swiped the side of his lips.


Just don’t react, Spike. Sit still and pretend like it’s the most natural thing in the world. He thought he had everything under control, despite of the bold thing that his best friend just did. But when Buffy’s brought her index finger to her mouth and sucked to taste it, a muffle whimpered had managed to escape his lips.



“Did you say something?”



“No…” His voice came out more like a squeak. “ I mean…No.”



“ Now that’s hot.” Jonathan told Andrew from the sideline.



“ I hear ya.” The other chef approved. “Look’s like Anakin is ready to pop any moment now.”



“Uh-huh.”


The two chefs were about to engage into one of their geeky conversation when Buffy’s sudden burst of incessant giggle grabbed their attention.



“Alright.” Spike stopped eating and fully focused his attention on his faux fiancé. ”What’s so funny…Again?” He remembered Buffy’s earlier reaction to Charles Gunn’s chemistry comment.



“You know what?…. I don’t know!” She told him as she shook her head mindlessly.



Spike stared at her thoughtfully. “Luv, did you take a sip from the last wine?”



Buffy shook her head before smiling guiltily.



“Buffy?” He asked in a warning tone.



“So I did. It was only a sip. What are you going to do now? Spank me?”



Spike blinked, completely surprised at what Buffy just said. An image of Buffy in her skimpy lingerie bending over his lap flashed through his mind.



“I’m not really drunk you know. I’m neither clear-headed nor intoxicated, if there’s such a thing. I’m more like somewhere in between.”



I could think of a few things that she could be somewhere in between. Spike groaned inwardly. What the bloody fucking hell am I thinking?



“What? You don’t believe me? I assure you that I won’t do anything stupid, if that’s what you’re worried about.” Buffy told him.




“Good because I don’t see a karaoke any where, luv so God knows what you’re going to do if you got yourself drunk.” Spike chuckled. Get your mind of the gutter, Spike or you might do something you’ll regret later. .



“Yeah like standing on top of this table and doing a strip tease.” Buffy piped up as she returned to finishing up her meal, totally missing the tortured look on Spike’s face.



Bloody Hell!








TBC

A/N: I’m so sorry for the late update…again. I feel bad that I had to take a break from writing this story because of the move (and a lot of other things). Anyway, I know that I’m beginning to sound like a broken record to you guys but I will try to return to my minimum two postings a week starting today.


Also, let me inform you all that I’ve done a tiny change to my very first chapter, but let be assured I won’t make a habit of of changing anything and tthat, this will be the last revision that I’ll ever do in this story.

Thanks to my beta, Hotmama MB!