Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's hard but try to imagine Glory as a woman in her late 70's in this story.
“What? You don’t believe me? I assure you that I won’t do anything stupid, if that’s what you’re worried about.” Buffy told him.




“Good because I don’t see a karaoke any where, luv so God knows what you’re going to do if you got yourself drunk.” Spike chuckled. Get your mind of the gutter, Spike or you might do something you’ll regret later.



“Yeah like standing on top of this table and doing a strip tease.”




Bloody Hell! He thought inwardly as he found himself swallowing hard for the umpteenth time that day.



Buffy laughed lazily.” Relax Spike. I’m just making with the fun. You should’ve seen your face though. The word –hilarious- doesn’t even begin to describe it.”



Something fleetingly unrecognizable took over his features before a smirk took its place. If she wanted ‘fun’ I’ll give her my version of ‘fun’. “Exactly what did my face looked like, Summers?”



“Like a wolf waiting for the right time to pounce on his meal.” Her eyes went wide at the realization of what she just said. The words were out before she could even stop it. Blushing profusely, she looked up to find Spike grinning mischievously at her.



“You’re worried that I’m gonna… pounce on you eh?” He asked saucily, his breath hitching in between.



“Uh- no,no,no. That’s not…That’s not what I m-meant.” She stammered.




“What did you mean, Buffy?” He asked, his face coming unbelievably close to hers.



“Spike, I-“



“Luv, remember what we talked about when we were still back in my dorm?”



“Yeah?” She quickly responded, hope in her eyes.



“About how we’ve wanted to look more convincing as a couple?”



“Right.” The memory of his peck flashed in her mind. I definitely remembered that, she thought silently.



“You want to try one right now?” Please say yes.




At his last word, Buffy’s eyes instantly focused on his lips as it slowly began its descent towards her own.



“So! Are you guys ready for your third entrée?” Snyder laughed inwardly as the two jumped and broke apart at the sound of his voice.



*****************


Buffy and Spike ate through dessert, trying to ignore the growing tension between them. Finally, when they reached the moment where they were no longer looking nor speaking to each other, Buffy excused herself once again and went to the Ladies’ room.


Spike gave a big sigh of relief the moment Buffy was out of sight. This is bloody insane! He needed to put an end to this ridiculous farce as soon as possible. It’s quite inevitable that one of them was bound to get hurt, more likely him.


He needed to back out ….and tell Buffy exactly what? That something came up and he needed to leave right away.


How about you just tell her how you feel, you git!


I just bloody can’t!



Does this still have anything to do with your mom, coz it’s beginning to be a pain in the-



Shut-up.


Snyder was right you know…in his own righteous and peculiar way, but he is. It’s been years and you may have always stood by her all this time, but you are still nowhere close to where you truly wanted to be.



And where do I want to be?



************

Buffy’s heart
…pounded loud in her ears as she prompted her feet to move quickly. She needed to head out of the café just to get her mind off the bleached blonde even for just one moment. She spotted dark corner near the ladies room and found herself stopping to lean on it and closed her eyes.


Riley is her fiancé damn it! , She scolded herself as she tried to recall the last time his name entered her brain. She drew blank. Whenever he’s with Spike, Riley always tends to be nothing but a distant memory. And this surprised you how?



She needs to put an end to this stupid charade. Just head for home and pretend like nothing’s brewing between them.



Yup, that’s right. Run away from your problem like you always do.


I’m not running I’m just-


Postponing the inevitable.


So I am. Like you can do anything about it. Just try and stop me,
She silently mused as she started to head back to the café.

********
Around the same time, Lorne and Charles came out of the men’s room, talking.


“I wish there was another way we could accommodate them both but I’m afraid we just can’t; only one couple postpone their wedding. ” Charles told Lorne.


“So what happens now? I don’t wanna sound like that guy from the reality show but I need to know which couple you’re going to be sending home?”


“Since that single slot happens around the same time that we will be launching our ad campaign…”


“That means who ever gets the ad campaign gets the reservation?” Lorne speculated.


“Right.”



“Any thoughts on who do you think would best fit to-“



“I’m going for Ms. Cohen and Mr. Pryce.” Charlie answered simply.



“What?!!! Why? Are my clients not romantic enough? Is that it? ”



“I’m sorry, Lorne. It’s just that they seemed to be…holding back.”



***************


Glory O’ Connor finally arrived at the Hotel with her friend and Marketing Manager, Tara Mclay, on her side. The two came out of the helicopter that landed securely on the helipad that had been expediently built on top of the building many years ago.


“Whew! That’s one flight I’m not looking forward to repeat any time soon.”


Glory chuckled. “Pardon me for that, sweetie. I know you how much you hated flying but I just can’t wait to get the ball rolling with Gunn. Taking the helicopter is the fastest and convenient way to get through the traffic.”


“No worries. I just need to get to the nearest ladies room and empty my stomach. I have an entire meal of Burrito that had been dying to come out from the moment the chopper left the ground.” Tara joked. “By the way, I tried calling your grandson’s house, but I always get the answering machine. “


“Leave him a message and hopefully he will get it before I head back to Las Vegas.” The old woman said


“Boy, he’s going be really surprise to learn that he’s the new owner of this place.”


“Him being surprised is the least of my worries. The thing that really concerns me is the big possibility of him saying no.”



Tara was about to ask her boss about her last comment when Charles and Lorne suddenly emerged out of the men’s room.



“Gunn!” Glory hugged the VP who had been more like a son to her.



Charlie practically jumped at the sound at the sound of his last name being called, but his surprise soon dissipated when he came face to face with the familiar old lady. ” I can’t believe you’re really here!”



“I believe that 's his version of telling Glory how much he missed her?” Tara joked



“Haha very funny!” Charlie chuckled. “ Seriously, I’m just overwhelmed. You look wonderful, Glory.” He told her.” By the way, you remember Lorne, don’t you?”



“Of course I do. He and I go way back.“ The old lady jeered.


“We met up one time in Las Vegas and boy did we enjoy our karaoke night. “ Lorne explained. You should hear her sing! She’s sounded like Taylor Dane only much more prettier.”


“Really?” Tara asked in disbelief.” You never told me you could sing.”


“I do. In fact, I used to sing in one of the nightclubs in Las Vegas. “ Glory told them thoughtfully “And that was how I met my Lindsey. It….” She told them as she struggled to keep the mention of her late husband as light as possible, but to no avail. The subject of Lindsey always had always managed to bring her into a melancholic state. “It was love at first sight.”


“Well, I’m sure it was.” Lorne told her tenderly as he took her hand and patted it to comfort her.



“Speaking of love, why don’t we all go to the Café and meet the lucky couple that’s going pose for us in the Something Blue magazine.” Charles announced.


***********



Meanwhile, back at the Café


“I’m sorry Buffy but something came up and I had to leave right away…Oh bugger! That sounded even more lame than it was in my head.” Spike mumbled to himself as he continued to rehearse his made-up excuse for bailing out on his best friend. Clearing his throat, he tried again.” I’m sorry but my da called-up and he needed me to… ”And the rest of his words faded at the sight of Buffy entering the Café.


She was looking down, seemed to be in deep thought as she moved to approach their table in a fast pace. The moment her eyes held his, all his thoughts of leaving the hotel slowly faded into the far recess of his mind. Only to be replaced by his strong urge to pick-up where they left off. So the moment that she stood in front of him, the first words that came out of his mouth were. “Buffy…about that peck I- Oh God!” He gasped as the tiny blonde boldly sat astride on his lap, completely facing him.



“Buffy, what are you-“ Buffy silenced him with a tip of her finger, her darkened gaze wandering from his questioning eyes to his half-opened lips



“Trust me.” She whispered huskily



Before Spike’s mind could process what was happening she pulled on the lapels of his shirt to capture his mouth in a demanding kiss.



For a split second, Spike’s eyes went wide in shock but instinctively fluttered closed at the feel of her tongue, urgently tracing the line between lips, enticing him to part them. And when it did, everything else in the world seemed to have fallen away as it mingled with hers in fiery kiss.


All part of the show, Summers. She thought silently. A hell of a good show with lots of perks on the side…right? “ Unggg..” Buffy couldn’t help but moan loudly as his hands snaked around her waist, pulling her even closer to deepen the kiss even further. Her doubts of Spike not wanting her had soon faded into the abyss as the evidence of his desire were made known through the thinness of his trousers.



It was a highly new sensation all too much for Buffy that she had to suddenly broke off from their kissing to look into his eyes. Spike had already expected her to jump away from his uncontrolled reaction to her closeness. Instead, Buffy stunned him as her mouth fused with his once more and moved her hips in such a way that made his head lay back and roll his eyes out of its sockets.


They kissed passionately. Urgently. They just couldn’t help it. Years of unresolved sexual tension had brought them to this stage where neither of them wanted to put an end to such a mind-blowing moment. The only time that they had broken apart was due to the lack of air.


“God, that was incredible. ” Spike managed to say between pants as he rested his head to hers.


Buffy echoed her pants as her finger went to trace his lips. Never had she felt anything that good in her entire life. Not even with Riley. And they were just kissing.


Unknowingly, Spike was also thinking of the same thing. It was just a kiss. Just imagine how good it would feel if they-


“Looks like we have a winner.” Lorne’s keyed-up voice instantly reminded them that they weren’t alone in a room.



“ Wow, B!” Faith howled. “ I didn’t know you had it in you. “



“ Holy cow!” The two chefs mouthed.



“Show-off.” Snyder muttered.



Glory approached the young couple and looked at Spike with disbelieving eyes. “ William?”




TBC


A/N: Once again my heart goes out to the people who keep reading my story. Thank you! I would also like to thank those who reviewed on my last chapter! You guys definitely made my day with your words of encouragement and praise! I hope you like my latest installment. Please let me know what you think of it. Thanks again!