Author's Chapter Notes:
N/A
At the sound of the doorbell, Buffy quickly rose to her feet. “I’ll get that.” She was thankful for another chance at diversion. She couldn’t believe how badly she needed to get away from Riley’s parents. She couldn’t believe what she was doing there in the first place.


When she opened the door, nobody was there. Her hand automatically went to scratch a spot on her head. Then as she was about to close the door, she heard a rustling sound just below her.


Buffy’s heart did a flippity-flop motion as her eyes landed upon the familiar bleached blonde who was crouching on the ground. Spike.


It took a few seconds before he had a feeling like somebody was watching him. He let his eyes wander until it came upon the sight of a pair of familiar smooth legs that had starred a million times in his dreams. He continued his ogling, stopping only when he ended up having a very good of view of Buffy’s lacy underwear.


“Nice knickers, luv,” He grinned mischievously as he felt an all too familiar stirring in his loins.


Buffy’s face flushed at his continuous blatant appraisal. She suddenly felt self-conscious and took a step behind. “Spike, what the hell are you doing here?” She asked irritably.


“What am I-“ He stood up abruptly and looked around him. There was no sign of Anya and Xander. It didn’t take him long enough to figure out that he’d been played by his friends.


“Bloody plan B…” He muttered to himself, immediately standing up.


“What?”


Spike chuckled. There may have been fire in her eyes when she stared upon him but she still looked so damn irresistible.


”You look beautiful Buffy.” He told her sincerely. Her lovely green dress hugged her body so exquisitely, its length flowed so freely just above her knee. Oh how he wanted her at that moment.


Buffy’s heart skipped a beat. “You haven’t answered my question, Spike. What are you doing here?”



“I came to…” He sighed. “ I just want to talk to you.”



“Where’s she?” Buffy crossed her arms on her chest.



“Where’s who?”



“Your girlfriend, Spike.”



“Buffy, you of all people should know that I don’t have a girlfriend right now.”



“Don’t lie to me Spike. I saw -“



“You saw what?” He asked her with an amused grin.



“Never mind.” She told him angrily. “You’d better go before Riley sees you.”



“Like I’m scared of that ponce, Buffy.” He scoffed. “Please come with me. I need to talk to you.”



“No!”



“Why the bloody hell not?”



“I don’t want to, Spike! Just leave.” She told him harshly. With hurt in her eyes, she took his mom’s engagement ring from her pocket and handed it to him. “And please take this with you.”



Spike’s hand curled around the ring firmly. Her words did little to upset him for there was something about Buffy’s words that brought him hope. Buffy was obviously rattled and it has something to do with her ridiculous notion that he has a girlfriend. Could it be that she’s just plain jealous? But of whom?



What is he still doing here and why the hell is he smiling? Was that a smirk on his face? “Spike haven’t you heard a word I-“



“Spike.” Riley muttered distastefully as he suddenly appeared beside Buffy.



“Riley.” Spike returned with an equally challenging tone. His jaw clenched and unclenched.



“What the hell are you doing here?”



“This isnone of your bloody business. “ Spike spoke angrily. “This is between me and my g-…best friend”



Riley stood in between his fiancée and the bleached blonde, his arms crossed on his chest. “Well you happen to be standing on my property so that makes it my business.”



“Buffy five minutes that all I ask.” Spike pleaded, his eyes never leaving Riley’s.



“No Spike. You have to go.”



“You heard what Buffy said.”


In his mind, Spike had a clear picture of hitting captain cardboard on the nose with Riley falling to the ground, face first.



“What’s all the commotion here?” Richard asked as he and Kate came out of the house.


“ You!” Kate said as her eyes came to rest upon the familiar bleached blonde.


Spike smiled, a flicker of hope sparkled in his eyes. “Good evening ma’am.”


“You two know each other?” Buffy asked. She looked between Spike and Kate.


“What a small world! And you happen to know my boy , Riley! Isn’t that awesome?" Kate giggled excitedly. “He’s the one I’ve been telling you about. The kind man who helped me with my grocery.” She explained.


“Really?” Riley spoke in sarcasm.



“You know what? Why don’t come and join us for dinner.”




“Uh- I don’t think-“



“Mom, you’re not seriously asking Spike to join our- .” Riley complained.



“Spike.” Kate echoed, her eyes twinkling. She let her eyes wander over Spike’s yummy form. “ So that’s your name. How very…. fitting.”



Buffy’s eyes went wide to Kate’s obvious flirting towards her bestfriend.



“Tell me, Spike…Do you eat Crab soufflé ?



Buffy’s suddenly became alarmed. She waved at Spike discreetly as she mouthed a big “no”.



Even if I desperately need to talk to Buffy and tell her how I feel, there’s absolutely no way I’m gonna barged into somebody’s else’s family dinner. It would be unethical. Spike was about to say no until his eyes landed upon Riley’s angry-looking face. Spike raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. But then again….


“Crab soufflé happens to be one of my favorite, Mrs. Finn.”



AN: I’ll try to post the next update within the week. Thanks to everyone who reviewed on my last chapter. Let me know what you guys think of my latest installment, okay?

I have at least 6 or 7 remaining chapters with this story. Hopefully I’ll have the story completed before the holidays or if not at least before the year ends. Once again thanks to all my readers. You guys definitely rock! Happy thanksgiving!