Author's Chapter Notes:
Special thanks to my wonderful beta, hotmomma MB!
“So does that mean you and Spike are together now?” Willow chirped happily a few moments after Buffy arrived at the Bronze and summed up the reason why she got delayed.


“That’s the thing.” Buffy told her with a big smile on her face. “I have no idea.”


“I have to tell you though that your news kind of took me by surprise since you just told me that Spike just got back with Dru.”



“He said he didn’t. Do you think he’s telling the truth?”


“He told you that himself?”


Buffy nodded. “Yeah.”


“Why would he lie?”



“Because he’s a guy and some guys tend to have two girlfriends at the same time?”


Willow took a big gulp from her drink and shook her head. “Buffy, in the years you have known Spike, is he the type who would actually do that? Besides, I don’t think he would ever do anything that would deliberately hurt you.”


“You’re right.” Buffy said, the smile returning to her face.



“So Riley’s finally out of the picture?”



“Totally.” Buffy replied. ”I’m not rushing things, am I? Do I need to reflect on this a bit more?”


“Are you kidding me?!? You’re doing the right thing Buffy. I’ve been waiting for you to wake-up and smell the hotness that is Spike since…forever! I’m behind you one hundred percent.”



“I know I’ll probably hurt Riley by breaking up with him, but it’s for the best. Even if Spike and I don't work out.”



“What made you think that it’s not going to work out?”



“I’m just not sure how it went with him and Dru. What if he was still in love with her and was trying to get back with her the day I saw them? What if Dru turned him down and he just came to me on a rebound? What if-”



“You have a lot of unnecessary ‘What ifs’. What you need is to chill and talk to him. Clear things out with him first so that you can start on the right foot. You have to tell him the truth about how you felt about him.”



“That I never got over him? “


“Yeah. ” Willow blinked as she saw Buffy rose-up from her seat. “Wait, are you leaving?”


“Uhuh.”


“But I thought we’re gonna watch Teddy Gieger (Geiger?) together? You do remember that he’ll be performing here at the Bronze tonight?”



“Say hi to him for me.” Buffy was about to go when Xander suddenly appeared out of nowhere and blocked her way.




“What’s the hurry, Buff?”



“She has a date.” Willow explained.



“Really? But you just got here! Seriously, why couldn’t you just hang out here with Riley? I mean I have severe bonding issues towards the guy on the account that he never uttered a single word to me, but I think I can breathe in the same room he’s in, as long as you’re here.” He rambled on.



“Xander calm down.” Willow chuckled. “She’s not meeting-up with Riley.”


“But I thought you said-“


“I’m meeting up with Spike.” Buffy told him finally.



Xander looked between the two.” Huh?! What?! Huh!?!”



“You said –huh already.” Buffy looked at Xander sternly.



“You mean Spike and Buffy are finally gonna get groiny with each other!?!” Anya spoke excitedly from behind. She cringed as she was met by three sets of accusing eyes. “What, what did I say?”



Xander shook his head at her and turned towards Buffy. “This is great news! Where is Spike by the way?”



“At my house.” Buffy replied. “Something came up.”



“Well tell him to call me as soon as you’re done with…whatever you guys have planned tonight.” Xander told her in a knowing grin.


“I will.” Buffy giggled.


“Wow, after all these years Spike finally had the guts to tell you that he’s been head over heels in love with you all this time! I, for one, am so glad that it’s finally out.” Xander laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. “Come to think of it, he was acting pretty strange this morning when I bumped into him. I should’ve known that he was up to something. ”


Buffy’s heart almost stopped at what Xander just told her. Suddenly, all vestige of color left her entire face. “I-I’m sorry, can you please repeat what you just said?”


Xander looked at Buffy worriedly. Clearing his throat he repeated, ”He was acting strange this morning when I-“


“No, not that part.”



Xander’s eyes widened.



“You mean the part where Xander mentioned that Spike’s been in love with you all this time?” Willow asked.


“You knew about this, too?” Buffy asked Willow.



“No, Buffy.” Willow told her quickly.” I’m just surprised as you are. Note that my eyes haven’t even shrunk to its normal size up to now.”



“You shouldn’t have said anything.” Anya accused Xander.


“Well, thanks for pointing out the obvious.” He answered sarcastically.


“And you keep telling me that I have a big mouth and that I talk before I think.” Anya scoffed.


“Guys, shut up! Buffy already left.” Willow informed them.


“She did?” Anya asked worriedly.


“I’ve never seen her look so angry.” Willow stated.” Last time I saw that same fire in her eyes was when her Dad left her.”


“I don’t see what the big deal is. So my tongue slipped. Buffy likes him, too. I noticed how she seemed excited about her date with Spike.”



“More than like. She’s also in love with him.” Willow confirmed.



“And now Buffy finally found out that he feels the same way about her too. Yay me! Maybe we misread Buffy’s reaction. She should be happy about the news, right?” Xander asked.



“Yeah.“ Anya agreed, nodding vigorously. “Buffy should be all right with that. I mean, I know I would be even if he kept a secret from me for years and let it drag to the point that he’s gonna let me marry another guy. I would completely understand why he didn’t fight for me, right?”


The three looked at each other before swearing at the same time. “Damn.”

***********
Thanks to his grandma, Spike and Buffy wouldn’t need to leave the house that night to have dinner.


Glory eventually figured out what he was up to so she asked her favorite Chefs, Andrew and Jonathan to prepare something delectable dishes for them and had them delivered to Buffy’s home.


Soon, they arrived with the food…and some of their hotel crews. Spike’s head was spinning from the number people that suddenly filled the small spaced dinning room.


“Nice…crib you got here, Spike, I mean Mr. Giles…sir.” Andrew stuttered before he signaled one of the crews to change the table cover and put the large flower centerpiece in the middle.



“Please, Andrew. I’d rather you call me Spike. Mr. Giles makes me sound a bit old and …some sort of a librarian.” His quip was met by his dad’s look of disapproval.



“Nice to have you on board, si- Spike.” Jonathan greeted the bleached blonde with a hug.


“Thanks!” Spike stood, stunned. ” I guess.”


“Never knew that our paths would cross again,” Jonathan added.


“Well, actually that’s not true because he’s one of our clients.” Andrew disagreed.


“Oh right.” Jonathan said lamely, looking at him with big admiring eyes.


“Uhuh. Excuse me while I go talk to Glory.” Spike replied before he disappeared through the livingroom. “Grams!!!”

***********
Minutes later, they were out of the house and father and son were left alone to talk in the living room.



“I figured that look you’re giving means we need to have the talk.” Spike told his father. “Coffee?“



“The talk?” Giles took the coffee and stared at him questioningly, “ You know that I’m totally in favor of your inheritance.”



“No, not that -talk. I meant the other talk that would describe me as the Wolf who’s always up to no good and Buffy being poor innocent Goldilocks who is about to be eaten.” Spike drawled. “I’m telling you now that I have no intention of hurting Buffy, dad. I love her.”



“I know.” He said as he took a sip from the cup.


Spike looked at his father in disbelief. ” You do?”



“The news about you and Buffy did not surprise me at all. Quite the contrary for I already knew that you’ve been in love with her long before you even realized that you were.”



“So you’re not actually telling me to stop seeing her.”


“Spike…William. You have to realize that kind of love only comes once in a lifetime.”


“I already know that Dad.”


“No, son. I don’t think you do. “Giles faced Spike and looked at him sincerely.” I love you, William. Even if you think I don’t. I do in fact care about you. That’s why it’s important for you to act now before you throw your life away.”



“I’m not throwing my life away.”



“You are. You may not know this but you have been trying to deny yourself of something that will make you happy. Have you even asked yourself why after all this time you haven’t told Buffy how you really felt? Or how you’ve always been sensitive every time we talk about your mother?


At Spike’s perplexed reaction, the older man added, ”You see. I know more than you think.”


“Oh do you now?” Spike look at his father bitterly.



“I do.” Giles told him firmly. “The reason why you haven’t told her was because deep inside, you don’t feel like you deserve to be with her.”


TBC

A/N: Thanks again for all your reviews. So sorry I haven't been able to update this story as often I should but I'll try to make it up by posting another one before the weekends.

I hope it didn't bother anyone so much that this story had taken such an angsty turn. I know most of you have wanted these couple to get together already so I appreciate your patience and faith in SPUFFY. I too believe in SPUFFY so I'm urging everyone to hold on and I promise that things will get better soon between them. Really (Resolved Face).