Author's Chapter Notes:
n/a
Flashback


Twelve-year old William arrived at the tree house with a load of comic books and some homework that he’s supposed to do with Buffy. Realizing that there wasn’t any sign from the petite blonde yet, he furrowed his brows and looked at his watch. No, he wasn’t early. So he scratched his head and began to wonder what on earth could’ve possibly detained her since she was the one who usually makes a big deal out of tardiness.


Oh well. . Smirking to himself, his eyes momentarily drifted to their neighbor’s backyard and wondered if he should stop by at Drusilla’s place and ask the girl if she would like to join him and Buffy at the tree house.


Dru had been very friendly with him ever since that day she mistook his intention for going to her backyard. The rose that he had intended to give to his best friend as a result from a dare, ended up in her hands instead. And since then, Dru had been chatty with him in school and sat with him at the cafeteria almost every lunch. It was the first time that a girl had actually shown interest in him and that alone got him so intrigued. And now his scheme was to spend more time with her until he finds the courage to ask her to be his girl.


Somehow he thinks that idea would not go well with Buffy, since he knew how she hated Dru. Right, like that would stop him from spending time with someone as beautiful as Dru. Bloody hell, who cares what Buffy thinks! I’m gonna head over there now!


William was about to do just that, disregard what Buffy told him about Dru when the petite blonde suddenly came up to the tree house looking very distraught. Her face was pale and her hair was all messed up. She appeared like she ran several miles, judging from the way she was trying to catch her breath and holding on to her chest.


“Buffy, what’s the matter, pet?” He asked worriedly, offering his hand.


“Will?” She took his hand and suddenly threw her arms around him. And William felt every single pain that she felt the second her heart-wrenching sobs emanated from her small body.


“Tell me what happened, Summers?”


“Daddy left.” She managed to bring out between sobs.


“What do you mean he left?”


“I came home and found that he left. And mom…” she paused as her fingers tightened around his neck. “Mom was a mess. Dad hurt her very badly…”



“Oh Buffy,” Spike cooed softly. “It’s all right...”



“I can’t believe he actually left us…I mean I always knew that he and mom haven’t been getting along recently, but it never occurred to me…” Buffy broke down and buried her face on the crook of his neck.



“There now…just let out. You know my mom said that it’s better to let it all out. She told me that crying would actually make you feel better…”



“She told you that?”



“Yeah. Six years ago. I told her how I met you.” He told her wistfully as he sat on a stool. His arms never let go. “I wasn’t able to sleep that night, remembering how you looked…how you cried. Then she told me that you’re going to be okay since you’ve already let the tears out and that you now have somebody like me who will always be there for you.”



“So (sniffs)…Is it true then?”


“What?”


“That you will always be there?”


William’s fingers began to play with strands of her hair, his reason for leaving the tree house completely forgotten. “Always.”


End of Flashback

*********************

“You have a plan?” Dru giggled madly. “Sounds thrilling, Riley. Come on now, let mommy know what you have in store for my dark prince and Sunshine.”


“Simple. I’m just going to persuade Buffy that I’m the right guy for him and not Spike.”


Dru frowned. “That’s your brilliant plan? You’re just going to persuade Buffy and you believe that’s enough to make her come running back into your arms?”


“Well…yeah!”



Dru considered him silently, before she broke down into a fit of laughter. This guy’s even crazier than me! “Really, Riley. Are you that daft?!! You honestly think that Sunshine could still be fooled that easily after all that has happened between them tonight.”


Riley pulled her suddenly towards him until their faces were almost touching. “You underestimate me, Dru. Clearly you don’t know what goes inside the head of a desperate man.”


***************

Buffy woke up with her tummy rumbling which was somewhat peculiar since she’s used to skipping her breakfast all the time. When she moved, her body ached and the soreness below her waist was a sole reminder of how she and Spike had done all night.


Oh, that’s why…

Where is he? She wondered to herself as her eyes drifted to his shirt that was lying on the chair next the window.


She pulled the blanket over herself and brought it close to her nose. God, this even smells like him. Buffy was not aware of it, but her face glowed at the mere thought of him. She even had a strange smile on her face as she leaned on the pillows behind her.


And that’s how she looked when a half naked Spike came into the room holding a tray full of breakfast in his hands.


He stopped, taking his time to enjoy the smile she bestowed upon him as she came in. “Good morning, luv.”


Buffy suddenly licked her lips and it wasn’t from the pancakes and strawberries on the tray that he placed on her lap. “Wow! You made all this for me?!!! I never knew you know how to operate the stove in the first place.”


Spike cocked an eyebrow, delighting the way her green eyes had discreetly traveled over his chest before it landed on the food he had prepared for her. “Somewhere along that line lies a compliment that still needs to be dissected. Tsk,tsk,tsk. There are still so many things that you obviously don’t know about me.”


Buffy took a bite from a strawberry and offered it to him. “Yeah? Like what?”


Spike made one of those deep sexy laughs that would usually have her heart racing and turn her knees into a pile of goo. “You don’t know do you?”



Clueless green eyes stared back at him. “Humor me.”



“How you make me go crazy with those pouty lips of yours…” He took one of her hands and placed it over his chest. “It’s in the palm of your hand, luv.”


“What is?”


Spike didn’t say it but he moved her hand so that it was directly on top of his beating heart.


Oh. Buffy was stunned…and overwhelmed. Warm fluttery feelings lingered on the pit of her stomach. She understood what he meant and was deeply moved with his honesty.




“Yeah I know,” he told her softly as he looked down, feeling vulnerable under her piercing gaze. “Scares me sometimes.”



“You shouldn’t.” Buffy lifted up his chin. “I’ll never do anything to hurt you, William.”



His eyes were dazed as he gave her a tender kiss on the mouth.



“Gee, is that all you can do?” Buffy teased. “After all those mushy talks and all you can give me is a- ”


Spike kissed her again but this time, his tongue traced the line between before he took her lower lip between his teeth and sucked it.


Buffy’s one hand automatically went to taut lines of his torso. Her fingers proceeded to trace secret patterns over his chest while the other went behind his neck deepen their kiss. Mmmm…a girl could get used to this.



Panting heavily, Spike had already begun to pull away the sheet from her body when she heard her tummy grumbled again. “Ooops!”


Spike chucked softly as he tried to pull himself together. “ I guess you’d better finish your breakfast, luv before it gets cold.”



“Sorry…” she apologized, laughing foolishly.



“Don’t be.” He said as he reluctantly pulled away. Damn, I can’t seem to get enough of her. Winking, he added, “We still got the entire day to ourselves.”



“But you do realize that I’m still so sore from last night…”



“Oh right.” Spike muttered thoughtfully. “Don’t worry. I know just the cure.”



“What do you have in mind?” Buffy asked, curiously as she gobbled up the last of her pancakes and drank her juice.



“A warm bath,” he whispered into her ear right before he just as he scooped her into his arms.



Buffy gave out a big yelp as he roughly rid of the sheet from her body. Almost instantly, his eyes had darkened and his breath grew shallow. Mustering all control that he had left, he gently laid her naked body on the tub that was already filled with warm water.



“You did this?” Buffy asked in awe, loving the way the rose petals floated around her. She could hardly recognize her old bathroom from number the flowers and candles that completely encircled her.



“No, actually it was Jonathan and Andrew’s idea.”



“ Jonathan and Andrew? You mean those chefs from the hotel.” Her eyes went wide. “Whoa, I forgot that they’re your crew now. You know, it still floors me sometimes that Jenny actually came from a very rich family. I mean she acts so simple in Every way.”



“Right.” Spike said, not really listening to a word she said, since he’s fully distracted with the captivating goddess before her.



Buffy mistook his reaction for discomfort. She just remembered how Spike could easily get uncomfortable at the mention of Jenny. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to talk about her. “



“No, Buffy that wasn’t…”


“It’s really no biggie, Spike. I know that you’re still not ready to let me in on that part of your life yet.”


Spike looked like he was going to say something but then held his tongue instead he gave her a strange look before he turned to leave.



“Care to join me?” Buffy asked, attempting to lighten up the subject.



“Oh you don’t how much I’m tempted to join you just now but you’re sore and after everything we did last night, I think you deserve a few minutes alone to make the acheys go away.”


“Careful now, you’re beginning to sound like me.” Buffy chuckled. “However, I’m quite bothered that I seem to be losing my touch. Mending my soreness wasn’t actually what I had mind in spending an entire day to ourselves.”


Spike chuckled nervously, turning away from her. “I guess you didn’t hear me right, luv. I said – a few minutes- and once you’re done you’re gonna be sorry for teasing me.”


“Is that a promise?” she asked, grinning mischievously.



TBC


A/N: I hope this chapter didn’t suck much coz’ there’s not much development. But still, I would really really like to know what you think of it.

I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to update this story for quite a while. Due to the lack of time and constant writer’s block that I’d been having, I’ve decided that it was best to concentrate on one story first rather than just doing them for the sake of finishing them.

There are six more chapters left on this story and most of them are already finished so I’m hoping to make two more updates this week and another four next week.


Once again, I’d like to thank everyone who had read and supported my other story, “Love Me.”. As most of you probably already know, I’m taking a three-month break from writing once I’m finished with “For you I will”. For those who are interested in being including in my mailing list for new stories and possible sequel in the future, please email me at slaymuch@comcast.net and include the Subject “Spuffy”. Those who are already included in my mailing list need not email me again. Thanks!


Thanks to MB for betaing this chapter for me :- )