Author's Chapter Notes:
n/a
A/N: Please take note of the time that particular scene took place.


“Oh… Wow!”


“I second that...” Buffy breathe out heavily as her incredibly spent body collapsed on top of him. She peered at the clock on her night desk and blinked when it said 4 am. “You think that’s enough to cure our unrelenting insomnia?”


“I guess it should since that’s already that fourth time that we…(chuckles)”


“Damn really?! But I thought we hardly even started. “ Buffy teased. She giggled softly when she saw the renewed look of lust on his face. “You do know that I was only kidding.”


“Oh you are. But I thought may be we could…” He suggested with a wicked grin.


“Spike Giles!” Buffy teased him. “I never knew that you had a stamina of a vampire!”


“You and that vampire show luv. “Spike laughed, shaking his head. “Actually, you’re not the only one who’s surprised. Honestly, I’ve never been this way with someone before.”


Buffy looked at him with thoughtful eyes. “Not even with Dru?”


“No…not even with Dru.” He told her sincerely.


Buffy suddenly pulled away to lie beside him on the bed. “Oh.”


Bugger. “Is that a good Oh or a bad Oh?”


“No, just a plain regular oh.” And then she was silent, looking up at the ceiling with a wounded look on her face.



“Buffy, talk to me, luv.”


“Can’t we just let it go?”



“No. If we’re gonna go ahead with this relationship we have to start by not keeping things from each other.”


“I’m sorry. I know I was being irrational. It’s just that you and Dru have been together for so long…”


“But we’ve been together since we were six.”


“Not that kind of together together.” She said frowning. “And what I had with Riley doesn’t even compare.”


He clenched his teeth. Just the mere thought of Finn touching Buffy in any kind of way was enough to endow him with a sick feeling inside his stomach. He hoped that she’s not insinuating that she regretted not doing more with Finn. “Buffy…Are you sorry that you…”


“No.” Buffy cut in. “I’m not sorry.”


“This is bloody insane, luv. It’s not like I’ve cheated on you since we’re not even together back then. You have to know that all those times I was with Dru, I’ve never felt anything as…Buffy?” Spike halted his words when he realized that the petite blonde had already fallen into slumber.


“Good night, luv.” He said as he kissed her forehead. “I’m sorry that I made you upset.”


***************

Willow and the gang’s POV
(The next day) Thursday, 10 pm


The gang was at the Café Rayne when Willow’s phone suddenly rang.


“Hello…Oh hi Spike. No she’s not here. No she didn’t come back to our dorm room last night… Hold on I’ll talk to them.” Turning her attention to her friends, the red head asked. “Have you guys by any chance bumped into Buffy on your way here?”


They shrugged no.


“They said they haven’t seen her either…Wait a minute, where did you say was the last time you saw her?…What do you mean in her bed before dawn? oh….Oh!” She repeated with more conviction, her eyes went big as headlights as soon as she realized what Spike had meant.



Recovering quickly she added, “Maybe she just went out to do an errand…are you sure she didn’t leave you a note?… Don’t worry. I’m sure she’s okay...We’ll start looking for her too…We will.”


“What was that all about?” Xander asked.


“Buffy is missing.”



“God! Really for how long?” Anya asked.


“He doesn’t actually know. He said he just woke up and she wasn’t there.”


“What does he mean when he said that…oh.” Oz muttered to himself, his reaction reflecting the rest of the gang’s.


“So they finally made with the – groiny.” Anya said thoughtfully.


“And now she’s missing.” Xander pointed out with a frown.


“Maybe their sex was horrible.” Anya said.


Willow threw her a stern look. “Well, we’re not actually sure that she’s missing. I think Spike was just over-reacting.”



“Yeah for all we know she could be back at the dorm and you just missed her.” Xander said.



“Or may be she went to the mall. All that grinding action gave her the sudden urge to shop for shoes. ” Anya added lamely. “What?...I know I would.”




More than half an hour later, Willow and Xander were just coming out of the dorm house when Willow’s phone rang again. Her brows furrowed when the caller id indicated that it was Riley’s. “Hello Riley?…Oh God Buffy, where were you?…What?….Calm down, sweetie everything is going to be all right you’ll see…Okay I’ll tell him…”



“Please tell me that’s Buffy.” Xander said apprehensively.


“It is Buffy.”


“Oh thank God!” Xander’s big sigh of relief was cut short when he noticed the worried look on his friend’s face. “Willow, what’s with the big- Uh-oh –face? Buffy’s all right, is she?”


“Boy, I surely hope so.”


***************
Spike’s POV
Same day 10:02 am


“Yes, I was with her… Bugger! She couldn’t have just got up and decided to do an errand without telling me.” He barked as he raked through the back of his hair frustratingly. “Yeah I’ve checked everywhere and there is no note… Fuck, I shouldn’t have made her upset last night! Bloody hell!…No I can’t calm down until I see her…I hope so…Damn it, I have to go now and start looking for her…Just please call me as soon as you see her.”


Calm down, mate. For all you know, Buffy just went to the grocery store to buy some food. They were planning to have a picnic after all and the last time that he checked the fridge, they were fresh out of…well practically anything. But what really bugged him was the fact that she hadn’t answered her phone when he tried to call her a dozen times.


Spike muttered a string of curses as he hurriedly came out of the Summers house. Thinking that it would be faster to drive around and look for her, he was on his way to his home to get his car when he spotted Dru heading out his way.


“Why do you look so worried, Spike? Is something the matter?”



“Oh hey Dru. I just need to get my car and look for Buffy.”



“Buffy you say?”



“Why did you saw her?” Spike asked, hope suddenly lightened up his eyes.



Dru nodded. “Yeah. I just saw her a few minutes ago. ”


“You did?!!! Where?”


“Calm down Spike.” Dru coaxed. She paced the floor, looking like in deep thought before she went on. “I was walking my doggie, Russell when I saw her come out of the house.”


“And?”


“Then her boyfriend ummm what’s his name?”


“Riley.” Spike balled his fist as his blood began to boil with rage.


“Oh yeah, Riley. I saw them talked and then Buffy went with him in the car.”


“I should’ve known that bloody jerk was gonna kidnap her!”


“No actually, it didn’t look like he forced her. There was no sign of struggle and she seemed very happy to see him. I guess they had a lover’s quarrel of some sort since I overheard Buffy saying that she’s sorry and Riley said that he’s not willing to give her up and he’s gonna fight for her or something. Spike, where are you going?”


“I’m gonna go after them.”


“How about you let me take you there since my car’s already parked out front.”


************
Same day 9:30 am

After waking up, she’d spent a few minutes watching Spike sleep. All thoughts of worry and agitation created from the night before were completely gone from her mind. Moreover, she was rather feeling a bit foolish about how she’d reacted. Hoping that Spike would forgive her for her childishness, she began to think of a way to make it up to him.



She remembered that Spike had served her breakfast the day before and an idea came to her mind, so she quickly went down and head to the kitchen in her yummy sushi pajamas.


She opened the fridge then frowned. Oh no, we’re already fresh out of eggs and juice. She went back up in her room and changed into her jeans and tank shirt. She just came out of the house when her phone rang.



“Hello.”


“Buffy. How are you baby?”


“Riley.”


“I missed you. Can I come over and pick you up.”



“No. You don’t have to come here.” Buffy insisted, thinking that a Riley and Spike confrontation is not a good way to end their relationship. “Where are you?”



“I’m at my house but I’m just getting ready to go there.”


“Riley, just stay put and I’ll be there in a few.”


****************
10:00 am

“Hi!” Buffy greeted slyly when he opened the door for her.


“Come in. I hope you didn’t have breakfast yet. I’ve prepared you a little something. Don’t worry. It’s not crab soufflé.”


Buffy laughed nervously as she came into his house. “Actually I’m kind of in a hurry. Got other things to do and I just came to…”


“But I’m sure that whatever you got to say you can tell me over at the kitchen counter. I’ve made your favorite blueberry pancakes,” he said as he ushered her over into his kitchen. He got her a plate and a fork. “Here, grab some while they are still hot.”


“Riley, there’s something I have to tell you.” Buffy stated slowly, as she sat on the stool across from him. She could not help feeling guilty that she was about to ruin Riley’s happy mood.


“Okay. What is it about?”


“Do you remember what I told you the last time we saw each other? About giving our relationship a lot of thought.”


“I remember,” he said, his smile disappearing.



“I did that. I gave it a lot of thought and…” she took a deep breath and went on quickly before she could lose her nerve. “…I can’t marry you, Riley. I don’t think we should be together anymore.”


“Buffy are you sure? There must be some way that I could persuade you to reconsider…”


“I’ve already made up my mind.”


Riley shook his head and closed his eyes in exasperation. “I know you keep telling me that it has nothing to do with Spike but I know that he’s the reason and in fact the only reason why you’re leaving me.”


“You’re right, but he’s not the only reason. I just don’t feel anything for you other than brotherly love. I’m sorry. ” Buffy said, reaching out to comfort him.



Riley flinched. “No, I’m okay. Yeah I’m a bit heartbroken but I think I’m going to be fine. I just want you to know that I love you and I’ll always be here for you no matter what. It may seem that I’m letting you go for now, but don’t think for one second that I’m ever gonna give up on feeling this way about you.”



“Riley…”


“ It’s true. I’ll be waiting for you. Until you finally realized that I’m the one.” He said as he reached out for her hand.


Buffy had every intention not to pull away. She wanted to reassure him that everything’s going to be okay. Just as she reached out to touch his hand, Riley accidentally knocked down a glass full of juice. She gave a surprised yelp when most of it spilled over her shirt and pants.


“Oh damn I’m sorry!”


“No, it’s fine,” she said, standing up.


“I’ve made a mess,” he said apologetically.


“No big deal really, I’ll just go home and change.”


“But I think I have your old shirt and shorts.” Riley saw her confused reaction so he went on quickly, “You know, those extra clothes you brought when we all went to the beach with the gang. I never got around returning them.”


“Oh.”


“Why don’t go up to my bathroom and freshen up. I’ll make sure that the clothes are on the bed before you come out.”

***********
10:30 am

“Finn! Open up! I know that she’s there!” Spike yelled from outside as he banged on the door several times. “If you don’t open the door right now, I’ll…”


Riley cut the rest of his words when he finally opened the door. “What the hell’s wrong with you? Can’t you even take a hint when people don’t want to be disturbed?”


Spike felt his stomach turn at the site of Riley in just his pants and his hair was all messed-up.


“Where’s Buffy?” Spike asked, fuming.


Dru was not far behind. She just stood by her car, watching the scene as it begin to unfold.


“Where else do you think she is?” Riley said with a triumphant grin.


Spike shoved him off, sending the taller guy sprawled onto the floor.


“If you harmed her in any way, I swear to God! You’re gonna regret that you ever set foot on this planet!” he warned him. His eyes could’ve frozen a hot coal as he stared furiously at him before he ran up the stairs with ground eating strides.

**************


”Riley?”


Completely oblivious to what was happening downstairs, Buffy popped her head from the bathroom several minutes after she took of her clothes and washed away remnants of the juice from her skin. Thinking that he probably left the clothes on his bed, she placed a towel around her before she headed out.



Wariness began to overtake her senses when she saw no clothes had yet been prepared for her. She swallowed hard as she started to suspect that Riley had other things on his mind when he sent her there.


She looked at her vulnerable state and whimpered. She would be completely trapped and defenseless should Riley come barging into the room and have his way with her.


Just then she heard the door slam open. Startled, she clutched the towel around her, expecting to see Riley ready to pounce on her. But as soon as her eyes landed upon Spike standing by the doorway, she immediately let out a sigh of relief. “Spike! I’m so glad that you’re…”


Buffy lost her speech as soon as HIS cold blue menacing eyes pinned her to the spot. She had never seen Spike look this upset in her life. His jaw clenched before he quickly turned on his heel and walked away.


“Wait where are you going?” She quickly ran to his side. “Spike?”


He halted, getting control of his emotion before he retorted, “So there I was worrying myself to death, thinking that Riley….Bloody Hell! How I could I have been so stupid!”



Green eyes stared at him in bewilderment before it suddenly dawned on him what her appearance might seem to look from his perspective.


“No it’s not what you think!” She pleaded.



“What else could IT be, Buffy! God help me if this has something to do with last night…This is what it is, right?” he demanded. “You got jealous over Dru so you came to Riley to get even!”



“What?!!! I didn’t do that! Spike will you please listen to me.” She begged desperately. Her tears had already began to fall frantically all over her cheeks as she followed Spike into the living room. “Nothing happened. I was just…Spike stop!”



Not listening, Spike went and sought out Riley who just finished putting a shirt over his head. “Finn.”


The second Riley turned, Spike’s hand came up and his fist connected harshly with his nose. Spike stepped out of the house, his duster swaying along with his rage-filled body.


“Spike!” Buffy yelled and was about to run after him, even with just a towel covering her body, when she spotted Dru waiting for Spike by the car.



The bleached blonde finally turned to her as he took the seat beside Dru’s in her car. “It was good while it lasted, luv…But, you two truly deserve one another!”


The hateful look that Spike had given her, his angry voice and the look of triumph over Dru’s face was something that will forever be imprinted in her head.


Buffy slowly came to Riley’s open arms and broke down. “ I can’t believe he left me.”


“It’s okay Buffy. Spike’s a fool for not trusting you.”


“Do you mind if I could use your phone.” She told Riley after she stopped crying. “I sort of forgotten to recharge mine last night.”


“Sure Buffy.”

************
At exactly 10:45 am


“Hello, Riley?” Came Willow’s hesitant voice.


“No it’s me, Will?”


“Oh God Buffy! Where were you?”


“Oh Willow, Spike left me.”


“He what?”


“He thought I was cheating on him and then next thing I knew, he just got into Dru’s car and left me. Oh God, what I am going to do? How can I explain to him that he had it all wrong! How can I…”


“Calm down, sweetie. Everything is going to be all right, you’ll see.”


“Willow can you ask Xander to come and get me? I’m over at Riley’s.”


“Okay I’ll tell him.”


Click.



TBC


A/N: And so the angst begins. Please let me know what you think of this chapter…pretty please? I need to know if I pissed a lot of people in this chappy. If I did, So sorry about that. The coming chapters are gonna be hard on our favorite couple but hopefully not to hard coz’ I’m not much into too angsty kind of stuff. I do enjoy reading them but not writing them, lol!

Btw, thank to all those who reviewed on my last chap. Thanks to my beta, MB for working on the chap with me!