Isn't about time that you fight for her, Xander's words echoed in his mind.


After the long silent debate inside his head, Spike finally made his decision and stepped inside the Bronze. His anxious blue eyes immediately scanned the area for some familiar faces as the band on the stage started to play a slow and unfamiliar tune. Almost immediately, he spotted HER.


I've been meaning to tell you
I've got this feelin' that won't subside
I look at you and I fantasize
You are mine tonight
Now I've got you in my sights





His eyes focused on the blond girl swaying on the dance floor with a familiar red head. He took a few steps towards her then stopped. Mesmerized, he remained rooted to his spot by the shadowy corner of the club as he watched Buffy's hips slowly gyrated to the song.


With these hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you and I



Buffy's phone vibrated. Text message. I'm already here babe. Be with you as soon as I park the car -Riley it read. Buffy grinned and immediately resumed to her dancing, oblivious to the attention she was getting from most of the guys in the dance floor , most particularly from a certain bleached blonde whose eyes is now silently devouring her.


I want to hold you so hear me out
I want to show you what love's all about
Darlin' tonight
Now I've got you in my sights



Spike stared in awe. She truly was a vision of innocent beauty in spite of the heat she's unconsciously emitting with her provocative dance. He saw her smile and entire room seemed to have lighten up. Oh Bugger! Up to now, he's till not over the fact that such simple gesture could easily reduced him to a teenage boy with a crush.


With these hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you
And I've got hungry eyes



His breath got caught in his throat as she sensually lifted her hands up in the air making her blouse hitched up higher, allowing him a good glimpse of her smooth expanse of toned abdomen. He suddenly imagined his fingertips touching that part of her skin and traveling it further up. He muttered a string of obscenities as he quickly adjusted himself in his pants.


Now I've got you in my sights
With these hungry eyes
Now did I take you by surprise



Willow mouthed "ladies room?" and Buffy just motioned to her friend to go ahead without her. She knew that Riley would be there any second.


Now alone, Buffy allowed herself to move even more freely to the music. In her mind, she saw a flash of Jennifer Grey in the movie, Dirty dancing when she had moved her body suggestively against Patrick Swayze. Buffy was just getting into the hot vision she had just created when she suddenly felt a light caress on the exposed skin on her back. She smiled to herself. Riley.


I need you to see
This love was meant to be…



As the instrumental part of the song began to play, Buffy leaned her back even closer to the man behind her. Walks with a stick up my ass?!!! I'll show her! , She told herself defiantly. With a conviction in her mind, she made an achingly slow circle motion with her hips and swayed it downwards. She moved up again and one of her arms went to circle around his neck. She grinned as she felt firm hands settled on her waist. Excitement began to overwhelm her at his attempt to move her even more closer.


She gasped. The feel of his breath on her neck sent shivers down her spine. She didn't know what came over her as boldly ground her thinly covered bottom on Riley's front. She smiled mischievously when she heard muffled groan escaped his lips. She could not believe how increasingly turned on she was getting by the minute as she turned abruptly, placing her cheek on the hollow of his neck.


I've got hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you



Buffy continued swaying to the music with him. Never before had she felt such sudden surge of emotion that she almost felt like crying.. God! He even smelled so good. So musky with a hint of tabacco and leather mmmm . Hold the phone! Her eyes widened as sudden realization took over her entire feature. She quickly shot her head up to find her self, staring into blue eyes instead of brown.


And I've got hungry eyes
Now I've got you in my sights
With those hungry eyes
Did I take you by surprise
With my hungry eyes




"Spike?", her voice came out huskier than intended.


His fingers wandered slowly on her face, traced the outline of her eyebrow, the soft curve of her cheek. "Buffy," he whispered as found himself being drawn slowly to her lips. But just as he was about to dip his head towards hers, the sound of applause from crowd that signaled the end of the song finally released them from their trance. Both blondes abruptly pulled away from each other.


Buffy face turned red as her hand went up to cover her mouth in shock. " Spike I'm so sorry! I... I didn't mean to- Oh God! I thought you were Riley!"


"That's okay pet." He managed to say, looking down on the floor as he tried to hide the disappointment in his eyes.


"But what were you doing here? And with me? On the dancefloor?" She asked, trying to figure out what just happened. She could not believe that she almost dirty danced with her best friend.


"Well I was..." Confused? "Confused..." Now try getting yourself out of this one you git, he silently scold himself. I've been wanting to tell you….. He opened his mouth to speak “ Buffy, I-“


"Oh my God!" Buffy exclaimed as realization finally hit her. "You were looking for Drusilla, weren't you?" He had probably approached her to ask about Dru but there she was, not bothering to even check who she was dancing to, attacked him like a predator and hadn't given him the chance to talk. "Wait a minute! So you WERE looking for Dru?!!! Why-"


Willow suddenly cut-off what Buffy was saying as the red suddenly came from nowhere, grabbed the bleached blonde by the arm and forced him to stand around the corner.


"Willow?" Buffy asked, even more confused.


Just then Riley appeared at Buffy's side. " Hey baby." He planted a light kiss on Buffy's lips. A moment of clarity filled her features.


"Thank you. "She mouthed at her friend silently in which the red head answered with a raise of a brow, silently asking her what in the world she had just walked into.


"I'm sorry I took so long. I just couldn't find a good parking space around this time of the night." Riley told her.


Buffy smiled weakly. "Yeah, I was beginning to wonder what's been keeping you."


Riley bended over to her to look into her face. "Are you ok? You look kind of flushed." Riley IS taller, she silently thought, feeling foolish that she had seemed to have neglected one obvious fact. She should've realized that it was Spike who she was leaning to.


"Well I've been dancing the night away while I was waiting for you." She reasoned. It was partially true.


"Really? Sorry I had to miss it. I hope it's not too late though." Riley quipped, motioning her to dance with him. "I hope you saved some of your energy to dance with me".


She merely nodded, realizing that she couldn't trust her own voice. What in the world did just happened?


TBC