Buffy changed into one of the oversized t-shirts she found in her dresser. She untied her hair and then sullenly grabbed for her hairbrush. Looking at herself in the mirror, the huge scowl she'd been sporting deepened.


"Who does he think he is!", she grumbled to herself as she attacked her long wavy hair with long vigorous strokes. " Telling me who I should and shouldn't marry. The nerve!"


Her mind swiftly recalled the way she had danced with him just a few hours ago and this automatically caused for her traitorous body to blush all over. She couldn't help but wonder at the way Spike's body molded so well with hers and every single touch and feel they'd exchanged felt so damn good. What the hell is the matter with me? He's Spike chissakes! He's like friggin' brother to me!


So you keep telling yourself , her conscience told her.


But I'm already freakin' engaged! She scolded her mind.


Now who's fault is that?


Okay, let's not go there! I can't believe I'm having an argument with myself! I really have to stop thinking about these things and focus with my engagement to Riley.


But somewhere in the deep recess of her mind, she saw a fleeting memory of her bottom intentionally rubbing on his front. She could've sworn she heard him groan and felt that intensely hard part of his body poking her in the ass. It is quite possible that she'd just imagined it. Spike would never thought of her that way. Fact is, he's still in love with Drusilla. The idea that she had her best friend worked-up over one liquor induced sexy dance is such a ridiculous notion. There you go. That sounded far more convincing than her early assumptions.


As she replaced her brush inside her drawer, her eye caught the sight of the CD that Oz had given to her earlier.


“Here's something that would get my mind off that irritating bleached wonder,” She muttered to herself as she inserted it in her CD player and hit the PLAY button.


************************************

Spike pulled over his Desoto along 1630 Revello drive. He looked up at her window and a smile slowly crept across his handsome face when saw that her light is still on. Then he proceeded to climb the tree next to Buffy's window, a task that he'd probably done more than a hundred times since he was little.


Just when he was halfway there, he heard the very same song that had prodded him to go to her in the first place. He shook his head in utter disbelief. What the bloody deuce is he doing? Spike is not really fond of listening to sappy music much less the bubblegum kind.Those type of music would usually earn a gagging sound from him every time he would hear them from a public place like the mall or in the movie theatre. And yet there he was, finally standing at the other side of Buffy's window, wearing his heart on his sleeve.


His eager eyes immediately searched for her and when he did....


When I'm lost, in the rain
In your eyes I know I'll find the light
To light my way
When I'm scared, losing ground
When my world is going crazy
You can turn it all around, yes



His mind saw flashes of memories of the times they've spent together.


Starting from the very first time that he saw her.
"Mommy has a bracelet with hearts and butterflies....."
"S’ ok , pet. I’m pretty sure she’ll forgive you”



And when I'm down you're there
Pushing me to the top
You're always there giving me all you've got
For a shield, from the storm
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you



Their hands entwined as together they watch them bury his mum.


For the strength, to be strong
For the will to carry on
For everything you do, for everything that's true
I turn to you, yes



When she fell from the tree.
"Buffy..... Stay with me."
"W-Will?"
"I'm here."
"My leg hurts."
"Hold on pet. The ambulance are on their way."



When I lose, the will to win
I just reach for you and I can reach
The sky again, I can do, anything
'Cause your love is so amazing
'Cause your love inspires me
And when I need a friend
You're always on my side
Giving me faith taking me through the night, yeah



All those times they snuggled so close. He had spent so many moments watching her sleep.


For a shield (for a shield), from the storm (from the storm)
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
(For a love to keep me safe and warm)
I turn to you (I turn to you)



The day he came back to her.
"Buffy...P-promise me, luv....that you won't... ever leave me"
"I won't leave you..."



For the strength (for the strength), to be strong
For the will to carry on, uh
For everything you do
I turn to you, yeah, ohhh



When her eyes met with his, it was only then that he noticed her tears. Could it be possible that he and Buffy have been sharing the same thoughts?


For the arms to be my shelter through all the rain
For truth that will never change
For someone to lean on
For a heart I can rely on through anything
For the one who, I can run to, ohh I...
Turn to you...ohhh yeah



"Will?" She asked, blinking as if she couldn't believe her own eyes that he's there.


"Buffy." He answered softly, his almost choked-up voice nearly betrayed him.


And just before he could do anything, Buffy had immediately stood-up and nearly flew across the room as she ran straight into his loving arms.


"Oh Will...I thought you weren't gonna come." She clung to him so fiercely.


For a shield , from the storm
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm
(To keep me safe and warm, yeah)
I turn to you (I turn to you)
For the strength (for the strength), to be strong
For the will to carry on, oh ohh
For everything you do (everything you do)
For everything that's true
For everything you do, ohh
For everything that's true
I turn to you



Spike momentarily closed his eyes and buried his face on her hair. Buffy, Buffy, Buffy.... Sighing deeply, he finally let himself drown in the familiar smell of vanilla and jasmine. A smell that's distinctively Buffy Summers.


It's been a while since they've held each other so close. Ever since Riley came into her life, he had stopped spending the night at her house and she had stopped hanging around him at his dorm. And now, holding her so close as he did now made him wonder how he ever have managed to stay away from her for so long.


"Buffy." He whispered.


"Let's not fight anymore, okay? I hate it so much when we fight."


Spike's fingers gently played with the strands of her hair and Buffy almost gasped from the sensation it caused. "I know what you mean, pet."


Buffy carefully withdrew from his embrace and looked into his eyes. "I'm so glad that you came. How did you know I was here?"


"I have my ways, luv."


Buffy raised an eyebrow at him.


"Oh all right." he conceded. "I just happened to saw Finn driving by himself so at first I figured you might be in your dorm."



"You didn't walk in on Willow and Oz, did you?" she asked him with wide eyes.


"U-huh. Am basically scarred for life now."


"Oh my God! You didn't!???"


He laughed. "Na, I was just playing with you. I knocked."


"Okay. Two uncanny things. First, you knocked and then 2nd, they actually heard you?"


"Well yeah, after all that yelling that came after the knock, they have no choice but to open it, luv."


Buffy burst out laughing and Spike easily joined her.


Spike was the first the recover. He bit his lip, watching her as she continues to laugh. She looked so amazingly beautiful even without the make-up. And sexy too, he groaned inwardly as he his eyes roamed quickly down her long tanned legs that were left uncovered by his oversized t-shirt. The fact alone that it's his shirt she's wearing is enough to make his libido go overdrive. Keep it down, mate! Tonight is all about making peace with the girl that you love. Tonight is all about Buffy.



"Buffy, I'm sorry that I ruined your birthday."


"Don't be." Buffy stared deeply into his eyes and wondered if it had always been that blue. When her hand went up to put a light caress on one of his sharp cheekbones she thought she heard his heart pounded loudly. Or was it hers? "As long as I got already got my birthday wish,I'm not complaining anymore."



"Oh." Came his dismal reply. " I haven't seen what Finn got you for your birthday, luv. But I'm sure it's something you-"


"Spike." She interrupted him. "I'm not referring to Riley's gift."


"You're not?"


"No." She shook her head.


"Is that so?" It's not Riley's . His grin widened immeasurably. "Then what are you referring to?"


"Not a what. Rather a who."


"I'm not quite sure I'm getting you."


"You."


"Me?"


"You ARE my birthday wish."


TBC


A/N: Thanks for all your reviews! Expect the story to change it's pace in the coming chapters. Hope you guys will stick around for the much awaited spufiness.