“Dawnie! You wanna play poker? I can teach you how to cheat undetected! Nibblet?” Spike swept through the upstairs hallway toward the youngest Summer’s room. “You ever wonder how I get money for supplies? Well that’s the…” Dawn was gone. Spike ran over to the open window.
“DAWN! DAWN! She is so bloody dead…” At that he jumped out the window and raced down the street.

“Why does everyone treat me like a kid? Sure, I’ve made my mistakes in the past but I don’t need a babysitter. Buffy would have treated me like an equal, like a friend. Oh, who am I kidding! She would kill me if she knew I was sneaking out, even if it is to get away from Spike.” Dawn walked briskly down Main Street, not knowing where she was headed at such a speed. She had noticed lately that Spike wasn’t his usual cool, easy going self. Not that he was Mr. Lenient before, but now he was mostly like a dark cloud of despair. Even worse was that he had taken to pacing around and guarding her like a Doberman. She knew it was about Buffy, he would always love Buffy, even after her death. This worried Dawn more than she would have liked. “What if he never gets over it?”

Fear washed over him as his footsteps sounded on the pavement like a heartbeat. How could she leave? I’m supposed to take care of her, cant go back on the promise again… “Promise me you’ll protect her” “Till the end of the world…even if that happens to be tonight”