Dawn had reached the “Shady Hill Cemetery” when she heard heavy footsteps. First instinct told her to hide, so she ducked down behind a large tombstone.

“DAWN! Where the bloody hell are you!” Relief set in when she realized that it was just Spike. Then again he sounded pretty mad right now, and being a vampire it’s not a good idea to face his wrath. The prospect of him being any more upset with her brought her to her feet.

“Yah, I’m here.” She claimed in defeat. As Spike stopped moving he wore a face of confusion. He fixed his vision on a direction into the cemetery, Dawn did the same and at first didn’t see anything. Until a woman in a long black dress and flowing hair appeared over a nearby crypt and darted in a straight path towards them!

Tombstones in the way posed no challenge for her as she jumped clear over them with room to spare. Spike darted in front of Dawn, but still seemed conflicted about the whole situation.

Her face was masked by her vampiric visage but something about the way she moved and looked reminded Spike of someone he used to know.

As one who has lived over century, he didn’t think much of it. He slid into game face as he prepared himself for the battle.

The graceful vampire reached them and immediately knocked the bleached blond to the ground, leaving Dawn unprotected. Past experience of fighting the undead told Spike that this was not an ordinary strength vampire.

Feeling a strong urge to protect Dawn, he got up and threw all of his weight on top of the female vampire. Expecting her to do all in her power to escape, he kept his arms pinned to her inner-elbows as he sat atop of her waist.

But she did not try to move.