Memories of Dawn, who she just tried to kill, came flooding back to her. She pushed her ravaging hunger back down and faced the man who was currently on top of her. ‘He still protects her…’

“…Spike?” He almost didn’t recognize her when her human face replaced the demons. ‘It’s her, its really her, no its not, but it looks like her. Oh god, how did she become this? Why would anyone take her light away?’

“Buffy…what…”He was interrupted by the high-pitched shriek of Dawn.

“NO! It’s not true! Not like this! She’s…” With a guttural sob, she took off in the opposite direction. Buffy’s thirst was coming back to her when her demon told her a potential meal was escaping. Finally struggling under Spike’s grasp, she managed to break free and sprint in the path of her little sister.

Snapping out of his stupor, Spike scrambled to his feet and lunged after the slayer/vampire. He caught her left ankle with his powerful arms, and managed to trip Buffy the Bloodthirsty Vampire. With a vigilance she had never known to have, she twisted around and sunk her teeth into his pale neck. A blood cocktail of different types filled her senses and gave her even more strength than she had before.

“What…get off me Slayer!” He tried to knock the sense back into her by kicking her square in the stomach. She flew ten feet across the graveyard and hit her head on a gravestone.

Temporarily knocked out, but for how long Spike wasn’t sure, Buffy looked as she had looked before her demise. Seeing her so peaceful in the moonlight gave Spike a thought to kiss her, but decided against it. If he wasted time she would wake up and terrorize the town he was just getting used to. Pulling himself up off the moist evening grass he strode over to the former love of his life and carried her back to his crypt, which wasn’t that far away.

It was the best idea really, and had nothing to do with his growing arousal…really.