The world began to come back into focus, but not much because the world she was in right now was dimly lit. The pains in her stomach were gnawing faster and harder in her stomach now than before in the cemetery, she needed blood.

No smell of life was in this musty room, no frantic heartbeats, no rushing of blood, any…wait a second, was that the wafting of cigarette smoke? A rush a sensations raced to her at that moment, leather…bourbon…Spike.

There he was, sitting in a ratted red velour armchair, smoking like a chimney and staring deep into her eyes. His look was that of concern, curiosity, and a hint of mischief.

It was then that she noticed that she was currently chained up between two pillars! The old Buffy would have panicked, but new and improved Buffy thought ‘let him try.’

Noticing that she had recovered from the head injury, Spike stood up and started pacing around the room, not knowing what he was to say to the woman he loved and lost. ‘I could give her something to eat, she looks damn hungry’ He knew how hard it was going to be for her give up fresh human blood, he still craved it…sometimes.

“You hungry?” She looked at him menacingly, was she still his Buffy?

“Why, you gonna make me beg for it?” She spit venom at Spikes heels. She was gonna make this hard for him, he could tell. She didn’t trust him. Gone was the innocence of Buffy Summers.

“Well, since your own arm is probably looking mighty appetizing right now, I thought you might like it bagged.”

“Bagged? Not what I had in mind…” She leered at his healing bite wound with hunger. Spike figured from this comment that he was not going to have a proper conversation with Vampire Buffy, and could maybe get some information out of her. Swaggering towards her, he stopped just out of reach.

“You want this? Not your usual dialogue Slayer…what changed?”

“Since you became the only thing in the room with extra blood to spare, you gonna give it to me…or not?” She was trying to play his obsession to her advantage, but he would not let it get to him…

“You don’t get a drop until you tell me why you’re here.”

“Cause you’re a super-creep with an extra set of chains in your bedroom?”

“No! How did you get turned, love?” This foreign term of affection startled Buffy, did he actually think he could win her over with sweet talk? She was a fricken’ creature of the night!

“Well Spikey, I’m not too sure on that one, have to get back to you when I’m not chained to a wall!” Frustration rose in Spikes gut. She was just as annoying a bint as she was before she died.

“This doesn’t just happen! You’ve got to know Buffy! God, who did this to you?” Seeing the sorrow in his eyes she backed down a little.

“I…I don’t know, I just don’t know…” A tinge of sympathy hit Buffy. ‘He still loves me.’ Spike ran his hands up Buffy’s arms in a desperate need for connection. Noticing that Buffy did not protest, he pulled her into his arms and chuckled from emotional despair.

“I thought I had lost you…” He lovingly petted her long locks of hair. As if a red light went on in Buffy’s mind, all of her senses focused in on his neck. Closer…closer…her new teeth lightly scraped his jugular, but he didn’t notice. Spike was blinded with joy he thought was his Buffy, but she had changed.

With one quick push she sank her canines into his vein and began to feast.