“Bye Dawnie!” Willow yelled up the stairs.

“You don’t think she knows, do you?” The redheaded witch asked her fellow witch and girlfriend, Tara.

“Of course not sweetie, nobody knows except for you, me, Xander, and Anya, you know that.” She assured Willow. A loud clumping sounded through the house as Spike followed Xander, Anya, and Joyce to the front door.

“You really don’t mind taking care of Dawn for me?” Joyce asked Spike, knowing she could trust him.

“F’ course Joyce, you know I love taking care of the little nibblet. I know that this gallery showing is important to you, so I’m here to help.”

“I’M NOT LITTLE!” Dawn’s voice could be heard from her room. She had been moody ever since Buffy had jumped off the tower to save her life, it was obvious that she felt guilty, and Spike knew how she felt.

“Yes, it is good to have you here, so that we can…”

“Go to the bronze!” Xander cut Anya off before she could reveal what they were planning to do.

“Uh huh! The party like its 1999! Yep!” Willow thought she should add some emphasis, but just got a ‘what are you on’ look from the bleached blonde.

“Right, well, off you all go” The mood of the Scooby gang had changed from Spikes point of view since the death of…her…and he found himself wishing for her to come back more each day.

“Bye William.” Joyce said partingly, God, he wished he had never told them his real name, even though part of him felt like he finally belonged to this little group he had tried to kill so often. And that was it, they were all gone, let alone one little bit sulking up in her room. He figured that he better go make nice if this evening was not reserved for brooding in a dark corner.

He hated that he had picked up that quality ever since Buffy had…died. Some times he would sit down to watch some telly at his crypt, and snap out of a sort of trance three days later, wondering how the time could have gone by so quick. She was his light, keeping him on the side of good guys everywhere, and now he had to constantly berate himself when he wanted to taste the fresh blood of some innocent victim.

Things would be so much easier if he could go back to the way he was before Sunnydale, before the chip, before Buffy…Oh well, better go sacrifice myself to the hormonal time bomb…