Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, this seems to be a pattern with me. I get a somewhat good response in the beginning of a story, then it all goes downhill from there. I like to think that my writing has improved lately, but it's really hard to tell. I would love to know what you guys think, whether it be good or bad. I'll take anything right about now. I only have one more chapter after this one. I hope those of you that are still reading would like it, but it really helps to let me know. Thanks to those that have reviewed.
Chapter 4

“I want you to make love to me.”

Spike was stunned at her request. That was the last thing he ever expected to hear from her. “You want me to what?” he finally commented after a moment of shock.

Buffy smiled at the look on his face. “We only have one more week together. I’ve always thought about how my first time would be with you, and now we have even less time for it. I want that with you before I have to leave. It would be the first time for both of us, right?”

He nodded. “You know I’m still a virgin, Buffy.”

“I know. That’s why this would be perfect. I want to be with you, Will.”

Spike took her hand in his and gave it a squeeze. “I want that, too, but not like this. When it happens with us, it will be nothing but amazing. I’ve always dreamt about sharing that with you, but this isn’t the right way. It’s not something that we should rush into because you’re leaving. It’s something that’s worth waiting for. I have faith that we will always be together, no matter where we are. And when you do come back, we’ll have all the time in the world.”

Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She could have never imagined having this conversation with Riley. If it was possible, she fell even more in love with him. “You’re right; it’s something that we should wait for. I’m definitely not in any real hurry. I want it to be special.”

He kissed her softly on the lips. “It will be special, baby.”

Buffy pulled away when she thought of something else. “We talked about the possibility of me meeting someone else in New York, which could never happen, but we didn’t talk about you. What if you meet someone else?”

Spike would have laughed at just the thought of that, if she didn’t look so serious. “You know that would never happen. When was the last time you saw me with anyone? I’ve wanted you for so long, Buffy. There could never be anyone else.”

“Well, you were with Harmony for a little while.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “Please, that was hardly anything. I only dated the twit because she looked like you.”

Buffy scrunched up her nose. “Okay, didn’t need to know that.”

He did laugh that time and wrapped his arms around her. “No one could ever compare to you, love. You’re the one for me. Nothing could ever change that.”

Buffy sighed in relief and rested her head against his chest.

They were both soon fast asleep.


* * * * *


Spike entered the Summers house and took in a deep breath, knowing what he was there for. He just hoped that he would be able to succeed. The closer Buffy got to moving, the more worried he felt. It finally hit him how very real the situation was. She was going to leave him in a few days and he would do anything to make sure that didn’t happen. Spike finally spotted Hank and Joyce in the living room and cleared his throat to announce his presence.

Both adults glanced up at him.

Joyce smiled. “William, Buffy’s not here right now. She’s out with Willow.”

Spike nodded. “I’m not here to see Buffy. I came to talk to both of you.”

Hank could tell that he was very serious and motioned for him to take a seat.

Spike nodded again and sat down on the couch, taking another deep breath to calm his nerves.

“What is this about, son?”

Spike looked at Hank when he spoke, then at Joyce. She was like a mother to him since his passed away years ago. Hank was always like a second father. He really hoped they would listen to him. “I don’t think Buffy should move. I mean, she’s almost done with her junior year. I know how much going to the Prom and being a senior means to her. She’ll be so scared having to go to a new school, where she doesn’t know anyone. Buffy acts brave all the time, so she’ll pretend that it’s not scary, but I know the truth.”

Hank held his hand up. “We know how hard this is for both of you, but Buffy has accepted it.”

“That’s because she’s too afraid to tell you how she really feels. I was with her all of yesterday; I know this isn’t something she wants. I understand that you have to move, but I’m begging you to let her stay. I love your daughter more than anything in this world. I would be lost without her.” A pause. “I talked it over with my dad and if it’s okay with you, he’s willing to let her live with us. At least until she finishes school, then she’ll probably go to college and stay in a dorm. We have an extra guestroom that no one uses. I’m not saying you have to make a decision right now, but please think it over. I know she only talked about being gone for a couple of years, but being apart from her for even one day is bloody too much for me.”

Joyce could clearly see how much this young man loved her daughter. It took a lot of guts for him to come to them. She placed her hand on her husband’s arm and nodded.

Hank nodded as well and turned back to Spike. “All right, we’ll make a deal with you.”

Spike perked up at that and waited for the older man to continue.

“We will be discussing this with Buffy first and if she’s okay with it, then she can stay here with you.” He held his hand up when it looked like Spike was about to respond. “But like you said, it’s only for the rest of high school. I expect for her college plans to remain the same after that. And she is to come stay with us during the summer of her junior and senior year. I’m sure you can at least manage to be apart for that amount of time. Of course, if you also wanted to visit during the summer, we would be happy to have you.”

Spike nodded when it looked like Hank was finished. He would still get to be with Buffy for the remainder of school and that was all that mattered to him. “Thank you, I really appreciate this.”

“We’ll see what Buffy has to say about it.”

Spike smiled and decided to wait for Buffy to return. He wanted to be there when they told her the news, positive that she would be just as thrilled.