Chapter 5

Buffy entered her house and immediately took notice of how tense it was in the living room. She saw Spike and felt concerned at why he was there.

“What’s going on?” she wondered.

Hank decided to be the first one to speak up. “William came over today to convince us not to have you move.”

Buffy shook her head. She was glad that he at least tried, but he should have known that nothing would change.

“We have decided on an agreement, honey. You are to stay with William to finish up with school.” He smiled at the shocked look on his daughter’s face.

“Are you serious? I get to stay here?”

Hank nodded. “As long as your college plans don’t change, and you come visit us in New York during the summer. William is welcome to join us as well.”

Buffy squealed and attacked her father in a hug, then moved over to her mother. “Thank you both so much.” She then gave the same treatment to Spike, almost knocking him down in the process.

He wrapped his arms around her in return. “I guess you’re okay with this.”

Buffy pulled away to look at him. “Of course I’m okay with it. I can’t believe you actually talked to my parents.”

Spike shrugged and brushed some of the hair off of her face. “I couldn’t let you go, pet.”

She was touched and hugged him again. “You’re the best boyfriend ever.”

He smiled and held her tighter. “Well, that’s what I was going for.”

Hank and Joyce headed upstairs and decided to give the couple some privacy.

Buffy glanced up at him once they were gone. “So, I’m really going to stay with you? Giles is okay with it?”

“You know he wouldn’t mind, Buffy. It would be good to put that guestroom to some use, but you won’t always be staying in there.”

She raised her eyebrows. “I won’t?”

Spike shook his head. “I get lonely at night sometimes. I could use the company,” he said with a wink.

Buffy playfully smacked him on the arm. “Well, I wouldn’t want you to get lonely. It’s not like we’ve never shared a bed before.”

“Soon, we’ll be doing a lot more than sleeping.”

Buffy blushed and looked away from his gaze.

“Like I said before, we have all the time in the world. There’s no need to rush into that.”

Buffy sighed in relief that he still felt that way and wrapped her arms around his waist. She couldn’t believe that she really got to stay with him. Now, she had a Prom to attend.


* * * * *


“Buffy, we’re going to be late!” he yelled up the stairs.

“I’ll be down in a second!” she yelled back.

Spike sighed and paced at the foot of the stairs. It was Prom night and he had been waiting for about an hour for Buffy to get ready. Her parents left the day before to check out the place where they will be staying in New York. They wanted to get everything prepared for the move. He was still beyond relieved that Buffy was allowed to stay with him, but he was about to go bloody crazy if he had to wait one more second for her to come downstairs.

“Son, why don’t you relax?”

Spike stopped pacing enough to look at his father. “I can’t relax in one of these monkey suits. What takes women so sodding long to get dressed?” He glanced back at the stairs when he heard a throat being cleared.

“Okay, I’m ready now. You’re so impatient.”

Spike barely paid attention to what she said. He was too busy lost in the vision. She wore an elegant, red dress that hugged her curves perfectly. He knew that she picked it out just for him since red was his favorite color.

“Why are you staring at me like that? Do you not like it?” she wondered, gazing down at her attire to see what the problem was.

He finally shook his head and came out of his reverie. “You look gorgeous, Buffy.”

She smiled at the compliment. “Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself. I think you should wear a tux more often.”

Spike rolled his eyes and took her hand. “Not bloody likely.”

Giles had to snap a few pictures before they left.

Buffy smiled again when she left the house with Spike. It was bound to be a night that she would never forget.


* * * * *


They were sitting with their friends later that night, after spending some time on the dance floor.

Buffy practically had to drag him out there. He was never much of a dancer, but it was lots of fun once he got the hang of it.

Harmony Kendall suddenly walked onto the stage and tapped the microphone. “Can I have everyone’s attention?”

Most of the classmates stopped to listen to her.

She flashed a big smile before continuing. “As head of the Prom committee, it’s my job to announce the Prom King and Queen.”

Everyone now gave her their full attention to see who would win.

Buffy rolled her eyes and couldn’t seem to care. It was all just a popularity contest, anyway.

Harmony opened up the envelop that was in her hand, then cringed when she read the names. She took a deep breath and forced a smile back on her face. “This year’s King and Queen are, Buffy Summers and William Giles.”

There was applause and a lot of shocked faces when the names were announced, mainly Buffy’s and Spike’s.

He just stood up and took her hand, pulling her toward the stage.

Willow watched them go. “Wow, I can’t believe they actually beat Cordy and Angel.”

Xander nodded. “I guess there’s a first time for everything.”

Buffy and Spike accepted their crowns and made their way to the dance floor.

Everyone else moved out of the way and watched the happy couple get lost in the slow song that was now playing. After a few minutes, the other couples joined them.

Spike didn’t notice anything except her. He was lost in her eyes and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Buffy smiled and rested her head against his chest as they continued their dance.

They were together now and nothing would ever come between them. No matter what happened in the future, nothing would ever tear them apart. They both deserved to have a happy ending, and that’s exactly what they did.

The End


I’m not so sure about the ending, but that’s all I could come up with for this one. I couldn’t let her leave, that just wouldn’t be happy Spuffy. And like I said before, this was mainly supposed to be a fluffy story. It was way too short to involve a lot of angst. I don’t know much about Proms. I never went to mine, so I just know what I’ve seen in movies and TV. I have another story that I’m still working on at the moment. I’ll put it in whenever I get around to writing more of it. I’m dealing with major writer’s block on that one. Anyway, thanks for the reviews=)