Author's Chapter Notes:
Again I don't own them, just like to play with them. Thanks to everyone that has reviewed.
Chapter 14

Later that night Lorne walks into the hotel lobby. “Hi Guys.” He says a greeting.

“Hey.” Angel, Wesley and Buffy all say.

“So where do you what to do this?” Lorne asks.

“I was thinking in my office.” Angel states.

“I will just go and get Spike and meet everyone in your office. Okay?” Buffy asks as she starts to walk into the kitchen to get Spike.

Angel leads Lorne and Wesley to his office.

Walking up to Spike and putting her arms around his waist from behind she says to him. “Lorne’s here.”

“I know.” He says turning around in her arms to face her.

“Spike what is wrong?”

“I just feel like he is going to say something bad and then the Watcher coming in 4 days, doesn’t help that I'm worried."

“Spike, I love you, you need to know that.” She says before kissing him.

“I love you too, but I need you to think about something for me.”

She nods her head.

Spike continues with what he was saying. “Later tonight, we can do it without Mating yet. But let me make love to you.”

“I’ll think about it.” She tells him. “Now let’s go join the others in Angel’s office.”

Buffy and Spike walk into Angel’s office and sit down. “Alright we are all her now Lorne so you can begin.” Buffy says.

“Let’s just say that it was a pleasure reading all of you. I have read Angel quite a few times over the years but this time, I was looking for something different.”

“Did you find it?” Buffy asks.

“I was hoping I would, but I knew I wouldn’t.”

“Alright now I am confused. Why would you look for something you knew you wouldn’t find?” Buffy asks.

“I was trying to connect Angel to you and Spike.”

“Why?” Angel asks now confused as well.

“You know if people would stop interrupting me every 10 words you would find out.” Lorne says looking between Buffy and Spike.

“Sorry.” Both Angel and Buffy say.

“Alright where was I. Oh okay so when I was reading Buffy, I didn’t get much the Powers that Be are keeping it locked up. So you might she Whistler or someone else show up with information. On the other hand, Spike was very colourful to read, even though with Buffy the Powers that Be are blocking it with him as well. I know there are questions so ask now and I will tell.”

“Why would they do that?” Buffy asks.

“It could be a number of things, but Prophecies are what stands out to me. How about I just tell you what I did find.” Lorne asks.

They all nod.

“Let me ask this; were either of you ever mated to anyone?”

“No.” Spike says.

“You were with Drusilla for over 100 years and you never mated with her. But I don’t understand why he would ask me.” Buffy says.

“Because you were with Peaches for almost 3 years if we count his Angelus days. But the reason I am not mated to Dru is the reason you are not mated to Angel.”

“Angel and Dru are mated, aren’t they?” Buffy say quietly. “And Mating is eternal.”

“That’s right.” Spike turns to Lorne and asks. “What does our Mating history have to do with it?”

“So what it does show with Buffy, but not how, is that Buffy is to be bound to Spike in some way. Either through a ritual or a Mate or even both.”

After hearing, Lorne say that Buffy looks at Spike and smiles knowing that was his biggest fear is him having to leave her.

Lorne continues. “Now, Spike is showing he is going to be bound to Buffy, in fact he is partly bound to her now. However, what I do not know and how, is that he is also showing a secondary bound with Dawn. Again I don’t know how so may either Buffy or Spike do and would be will to share to help us out some.”

“Well I am not 100% sure on how they came about but one I would say is from guilt and the other from a promise.” Spike says.

“The promise I know what you are talking about, but if it is the quilt from that promise you were told already it’s not your fault.” Buffy tells him again.

“I know, but that was before you came back and I can’t help but wonder what if I..”

Buffy cuts him off. “Spike shut up!”

He looks at her, but stops what he is saying.

“Thank you now we are the only ones who knows what we are talking about, Lorne asked a question and I guess we need to explain to them all.” Buffy says.

Spike nods his head but does not say anything.

“The night of the final battle with Glory, also known as the night I died.” Buffy says trying to lighten the mood in the room.

Spike flinches when she says the night she died. Seeing him, flinch she gets up from her chair and walks over to him. She takes his hand in hers and goes to bend down, beside him. Spike pulls him into his lap and put his arms around her tightly.

Buffy then continues what she was says. “After Glory took Dawn I went into myself, Willow had to reach me magically. After she did that and we found a way to stop Glory, so we hoped, I went to my house with Spike to get weapons and to change. But I had this nagging feeling that I was not going to survive the battle.”

Buffy feels Spike grip on her tighten around her a bit more.

“Before I went up to change and Spike was getting weapons, I turned to him and said were not all going to make it. He was thinking I was talking about him, until the next words out of my mouth. I’m counting on you to protect her.”

“Till the end of the world even if it happens to be tonight. Like Buffy I had a feeling we wouldn’t make it either.” Spike says as he again tightens his grip on her.

“Later that night after I fought back Glory and Spike was pushed from the tower, while trying to save Dawn. I figured out what the guide meant when she said that I am full of love and death is my gift. So when I got up there and untied Dawn and she wanted to jump to save the world right then I figured it out Death is my gift and to save the ones I love, I had to die. So I told Dawn a couple things to tell Giles I figured it out, and that the hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Live for me. I kissed Dawns cheek and turned and jumped as I jumped I could see everything and everyone, I just knew that Dawn and Spike would take it the hardest, but also he would protect her.”

By the time Buffy was finished telling her story of the night she died Spikes grip on her was so tight he was almost breaking her ribs. Seeing this Angel quietly turned to Lorne and Wesley. “Leave for a few minutes.” After they left he got up and went to Buffy and Spike. He bends down in front of Buffy and Spike and asks. “Are you ok?” To Buffy.

She nods to him.

“I’m going to loosen his grip on you, when you have enough room I want you to turn around and face him, with your legs on both sides of him.”

She nods again.

As soon as Angel grabs a hold of Spikes arms to loosen the grip, Spike growls at Angel, Angel growls back at Spike and he lets Angel loosen his grip on Buffy. Once it is loose, enough she turns around and faces Spike like Angel had asked her too.

“Take him in your arms and put your legs around him, then hold him as tight as you can.”

“What’s wrong with him?” She asks.

“Nothing he is trying to protect you. Keep you safe, take away any pain you might have from that night. It is just the nature of the Vampire in him. He sees you as his Mate.”

“What do I do to help him?”

“He needs to bite you, he needs to taste you blood as well as feel you tightly around him. Once he realizes your not harmed he will stop.” Angel tells her.

She takes his head and moves it to her neck. “I love you Spike, but you need to drink, you need to come out of this so we can continue our talk.” She presses his mouth to her neck and gives him a simple command. “Drink.”

Spike bites into her neck and after a few minutes, he stops drinking. “Buffy.”

“Shhh! Spike its ok.” She whispers in his ear.

He moves up and kisses her, while kissing her he goes to undo her shirt. Buffy tries to stop him and when she goes to move he say. “Don’t move I need to feel your skin.”

“Alright, but Angel.” She whispers.

“Sod off Peaches.”

5 Minutes Spike. I will come back with a blanket; you can either cover her up or leave her shirt closed. I suggest the covering her up, then you can feel her skin all you need.” Angel says leaving the office.

“What’s going on with Spike, I have never seen a Vampire like that before.” Wesley asks.

Angel gives Wesley a look to say if it were not for me, you would never have seen Vampires emotions much less living with one. “I don’t have time to explain; just that he was reliving in his mind what happened to Buffy. I gave him 5 minutes to decide if he wants to cover her with a blanket or just leave her with her shirt on. Right now he is seeking her heartbeat and warmth against him, if you don’t mind I am going to get a blanket.” Angel says as he walks off.

5 minutes later Angel walks back into his office with a blanket in hand Spike takes it from him and covers Buffy and himself up since he has also removed his shirt. After he covers her and himself up, he turns to Angel. “Don’t want anyone to see the slayers chest now do we.” He smirks as he says it.

“You’re a pig, Spike.” Buffy says.

“You know you love it. But can we get this show finished, there are other things I would like to be doing tonight.”

“Alright, Alright come in you guys you better get back here before mister inpatient gets anymore inpatient.”

Lorne and Wesley walk back into the office and take a seat.

“Now where were we?” Lorne asks.

“I was recapping the night I died the second time.” Spike tightens his hold on Buffy so she reaches up and gently strokes his cheek while talking to him calmly. “Shh! Its okay, I’m here and I’m sorry.”

“Yes now that I understand that bond and the other one we can continue.”

“I really didn’t get much more, but I would almost say it is a prophecy.”

Everyone turns to Lorne with a shocked look.

“You have got to be kidding me, because those and Buffy are very unmixy.”

“Well don’t go all Slayers on the green guy till you find out for sure.”

Sensing the Slayer is ready to jump out of her skin and attack Lorne, Spike grabs onto her tighter.

Angel seeing how Buffy has become and remembering how she was when she over heard him and Giles talking about the book of Codex and her facing the Master. He chose to defuse the situation before it gets any worst. “Thank you Lorne, I think that is enough for one night. Let me and Wesley walk you out.”

“Yes that would be a good idea; I really should be getting to the club. Bye Buffy and Spike I hope I helped you some.”

“Yes you did thank you and we both look forward to meeting you again sometime.” Buffy says.

“Yes Bye.” Spike says.

“We will talk in a few minutes.” Angel says to Spike and Buffy as he walks Wesley and Lorne out.

Spike turns to Buffy. “He is giving us a few minutes to cover up in a very tactful way of putting it.”

Angel comes back in the room with Wesley. “So did you think about what Lorne had to say?”

“Angel I’m tired and I just want to go up to our room, take a shower and go to bed.”

“Alright it is late; we’ll talk more about it another time.”

Buffy gets up and pulls Spike with her. “Night Wesley, Night Angel.” Then she leaves the room with Spike.