Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Chapter 23

Tuesday afternoon they are all meeting downstairs in the lobby to discuss there findings from the testing Giles did.

“After going over the scores with Wesley and knowing how you both work, I do say that you are indeed putting out more Vampire then Slayer traits a,t this time.” Giles tell them.

“I could have told you that.” Buffy mumbles.

“So what do we do, are we doing the Prophecy?” Angel asks.

“I would say we do, but I don’t want to push it too soon. Either.” Giles says.

Just then Whistler walks into the lobby of the Hotel.

“You know the sooner the better.” He says walking up to the group.

“OH it’s the funny dressing fedora wearing demon.” Buffy says.

“Hey is that any way to talk to your guide.”

“Tell me do all the Powers wear funny, flashy suits and fedoras. Because your buddy Lorne does too.” Buffy asks.

Whistler looks around before answering. “No the only ones that have a dress code are the actual Powers themselves and they all wear Togas.”

“Oh.” Was all she could say.

“Buffy could we get back to the matter at hand here, you can discuss dress codes and Powers later.” Giles tells her.

“Yes alright, so I mate with Spike?”

“Yes I do believe you do.” Giles tells her.

“So you want it done as soon a possible, come on Spike lets go mate.” She says trying to pull him to his feet.

“Um, Slayer. I don’t think it is really that simple right now.” Spike says.

“Why not you know how to do it, you’ve been wanting to for a while now.”

“I know.” He says.

“It isn’t that simple, not when it is a Prophecy.” Whistler tells her.

“So tell us oh great one what we have to do.” Buffy says with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

“You need to have the family witnesses and the ones for the second part.”

“Witnesses you say.” Buffy asks.

Spike has to hold back a laugh at her change in tone.

“Yes, you need 2 family witnesses each. Now the powers do realize that you don’t have 2 family members so you can pick 2 of your friends. I suggest you chose wisely as they will be witnessing the event.” Whistler tells her.

“I suggest you chose the birds, because the Niblet is too young, you wouldn’t be comfortable with your Watcher. Which brings us to the Whelp and the ex-demon girl?” Spike tells her.

“Can I talk to Spike alone for a few minutes?” Buffy asks.

“Sure its not as if we are going to be doing it right this minute, take your time choose wisely.”

“Alright.” She says pulling Spike up with her, climbing the stairs to their room. Once in their room she shuts the door and turns to Spike. “Alright what do you know that I don’t?”

“My guess is not much more that you but, there are 2 different kinds of mating rituals. The simple one where we make love, bite each other and say mine and yours. Then there is the one where the living members in your Clan have to approve and witness the mating event, they also take some part in the Claim as well. Its more like a human marriage, my guess is that is what the Powers want.” Spike tells her.

“So when he says 2 family witnesses for you its Angel and Drusilla, isn’t it?’ Buffy asks.

“Yes, Angel and Dru as well as whom you choose will be in the room while we are mating. Vampires can be known to be voyeuristic at times. That is why I suggested Red and Glenda.”

“So, you’re telling me if Mom was alive she would be in there to watch us going at it.” Buffy asks.

“Yes.” Was Spikes simple answer.

“How long does it take to mate?”

Anywhere from 4 hours to 3 days. Most of it will be demon to demon mating.” Spike tells her.

“I see, and they have to be there the whole time?”

“No after it reaches a certain part they can leave, Angel and Dru will know when that is.” Spike tells her.

“I think I better go with Willow and Tara, Xander would just cause problems for You, Angel and Dru.”

“Are you ok with Dru coming here, because I really don’t know how I feel about it.” Spike tells her.

“As long as she doesn’t try to hurt me or anyone, I think I’ll be fine.”

“Good.” He says kissing her. “We better get back downstairs.”

She nods and they head back downstairs, hand in hand.

“Well that didn’t take as long as I thought it would, I figured at least a couple of hours not 20 minutes.” Whistler says.

“Yeah well we do know when it is important to do something, not to waste time doing it.” Buffy says.

“So I take it you have reached a decision on who it will be?” Whistler asks.

“Yes, Willow and Tara is who I choose. Sorry Giles.”

“Its quite alright, I figured that is who you would want.” Giles tells her.

“So when do we do this.” Cordelia asks.

“Most likely in a couple days. Whistler tells her.

Shortly after night as fallen when it is safe for all Vampires to be out, Drusilla breezes into the lobby of the hotel. Just ask Whistler tell them in a couple of days.

“I’m so happy my darling William is finally choosing a mate.” Drusilla coos.

“What are you doing her Dru? Spike asks.

“Why to witness your wedding and have a chat with your new mate.”

“And why do you think I will let you do that?” He asks.

“Because you don’t tell the Slayer what to do.” She simple states.

“What makes you think Buffy would want to talk to you, we all know that you are crazy.” Cordelia adds.

“Okay guys, Buffy does know how to talk, you all know.” Buffy says as she looks at everyone.

They all give her and I’m sorry look, before she continues. “Angel checks her to make sure she can’t harm me, last time I saw her she knocked me out with an electric shock thing.”

“Hey I knocked her out for that, even tied her up too.” Spike says.

“You chained me up too.” Buffy says back to him.

“Well yeah, I need you to see some things; you wouldn’t if I let you go. Also I knew you would go after Dru and you would have been in no shape to fight her with you being zapped unconscious and all that.” Spike tells her.

“Angel.” Buffy says. “I don’t have all day.”

Angel move closer to Drusilla. “Come with me.”

“But, why I won’t hurt her.”

“Dru.” Angel says.

Dru stops her whining and follows him into his office, once in the office he closes the door and turns to go to her.

“Why.” Was all Dru said?

“Because you asked to speak to her alone, and from what I just heard your lucky it is going to be happening at all, so I am going to make sure she is safe.”

“I won’t hurt my William, like that again. I realized he is lost to me, I will not contest this mating.”

“You can’t contest it; you are currently mated to someone else even if we are not together.” He tells her.

“We won’t be mated after this Prophecy is over.” She tells him.

“Let’s get this over with so I can get back to Cordelia and my son.” Angel says.

“Alright.” Dru mumbles.

Angel starts to search Drusilla like Buffy asks.

At the same time Buffy and Spike are having a conversation in the lobby.

“Just what the Bloody hell are you thinking, allowing yourself to be alone with Dru?” Spike asks.

“I know what I am doing.”

He gives her a look to say 'yeah right.'

“Don’t worry about me.” She says turning around and putting her body up against his, she takes his hand and puts it under her shirt where her stake is.

He bends down to whisper in her ear. “That’s my girl.” Then kisses her neck.

“You of all people should know I always have one of them, use to sleep with them under my pillow but I stopped when you started to sleep with me.”

“Just do me one thing.” He asks.

She nods knowing what he is asking is serious.

Spike turns her to face him. “Don’t look into her eye that is how she killed that Slayer a few years ago.”

At the mention of the other Slayer, Spike could see Buffy leaving and the Slayer coming out.

In a very serious with a cold edge to her voice she tells him. “That won’t happen.” Then she kisses him.

Angel comes out of his office with Drusilla following him, waiting for Buffy and Spike to stop kissing while keeping and eye on Dru. He says. “She’s clean.”

“Good.” She says to Angel. Pointing to Drusilla. “You come with me.” She says in a stone cold voice.

Once Buffy was in the office, Angel turns to Spike and asks. “What the hell did you do to her?”

“Nothing, I just reminded her not to look into Dru’s eyes because, that is how she killed the Slayer a few years ago. Now her change is because you were not dealing with Buffy anymore, you are dealing with pure Slayer there. She started doing that about 1 year ago, if you were around you would know that.” Spike tells him.

Angel looks at Giles for confirmation.

Giles nods to confirm what Spike said.