Author's Chapter Notes:
Again I don't own them just like to play with them. Sorry it took so long to post a new chapter I was set to go camping for a week and due to unforscene reasons I couldn't post before I left.
Chapter 5

“Give me a minute.” She says

“Ok let me get in front of you.” He says. She backs up some and lets him in front of her. “Now look at me.” He tells her. She looks up at him. “Now I’m going to turn you to look at Peaches and then you can tell him why we’re here. Okay?” He asks.

She nods and puts her head back down.

Spike looks at Angel and flashes his eyes, Gold for a second to give Angel a warning. Angel responds with a flash of his own back to Spike. Spike gently takes her by the shoulder and turns her very slowly to face Angel. “Alright Luv, look at Peaches.”

Buffy looks up at Angel and shows her new face to him and Wesley.

Wesley lets out a gasp.

Spike turns to look at Wesley. “She’s not a Vampire, she has a heartbeat Watcher. So what is she?”

Feeling how she always does when she has changed she calls for Spike. “Spike.” She says. He doesn’t respond just keeps looking between Angel and Wesley trying to gauge there reaction. “Spike.” She says again. Still no reply, so she decides to try his given name. “William.” She says.

Spike looks down at her starting to sway back and forth, and grabs her up in his arms just as she passes out. “I suggest we disgust this in her room, the slayer needs to lie down.”

Angel and Wesley nod to Spike and follow him out of the room with the passed out Slayer in his arms.

Once out of the kitchen Angel turns to Cordelia. “The kitchen is free again; we will be up in Buffy’s room if you need anything.”

“Do you know what is wrong with her?” Cordelia asks.

“Not a clue and I don’t think it will be good.” Angel replies. “I better get going.” He turns and takes off up the stairs after Spike and Wesley.

Once they are back in Buffy’s room, Spike turns to Wesley and Angel. “Have a seat.” Then he sits on the bed leaning against the headboard with Buffy curled up in his lap.

Wesley and Angel sit down.

“Are you not going to put her down?” Wesley asks not liking the fact that Spike is so close to his once charge he had not even 3 years prier.

“She’s comfortable and I will know if anything is going to happen if I keep her with me. Now I know you must have questions, considering the fact that Angel over here hasn’t even said one word about it.” Spike says.

“So I think the big on is the fact that you are positive she is not a Vampire?”

“Yes! Watcher she has a heartbeat and she has gone out in the sun.”

Wesley looks over at Angel for confirmation on what Spike has said about the heartbeat. Angel nods to Wesley knowing what he is asking about. “And how would you know that she has gone out in the sun when you can’t go out in the sun yourself?”

“Who says I don’t go out in the sun?” Spike answered his question with a question of his own. “You don’t know me so you don’t know what I do or don’t do.”

“You’re a Vampire.” Wesley says as if that is the answer to everything.

“Yeah I think I got that memo about 128 years ago. And if you want to do something bad enough you find a way. Just ask Old Peaches over here and he would tell you that.”

Wesley looks at Angel, and Angel just nods back to Wesley confirming what Spike just said.

“Now the reason I know that she can go out in the sun, is because she has come to my crypt during the day and she didn’t use the sewer.” Spike says

“Alright I knew she wasn’t a vampire when she first walked in, but I also knew something was different with her. So can you tell me what she is then? Angel asks for the first time.

“We don’t know that, is why we are here. Her Watcher thought that the other Watcher could help until he could get back from Merry Olde England.” Spike says

“So what do you think it is?” Angel asks Wesley.

“I’m not sure. I will have the check the books and prophecies.”

“Alright research it is then.” Spike says. So Spike says to get a reaction out of the not so sleeping Slayer in his arms. He waits for her to tense to lean down and whisper in her ear. “The only one in this room that doesn’t know you are awake is the Watcher.”

“So is there anything else you can think of telling me that might help with the research.” Wesley asks.

Spike leans down to whisper in her ear again only this time he does it so Angel won’t be able to pick up what he is saying. “Do you want to tell him or show him?”

Turning her head some to look at Spike she says very quietly. “Show him.”

“Use the wrist Luv.”

Buffy turns back to takes his wrist where no one can see, and bites into it. She starts to drink some of Spikes blood. Spike keeps a watch on Angel wondering if he has picked up the smell of his blood and by the look on his face he has.

“She been biting you, hasn’t she?” Angel asks.

“Why would you say that?” Wesley asks.

Just then she raises Spikes arm and shows it to Wesley and Angel.

“What causes you to do that?” Wesley asks Buffy hoping that Buffy will answer.

“When my stress level goes up or I have a nightmare or when a vampire would when I feel my blood low.” Buffy says.

“How often do you need the blood?” Wesley asks again hoping she will answer again.

Buffy looks at Spike and replies to Wesley. “I don’t know.”

“Last night was the worst for some reason.” Spike answers.

“How bad was it?” Angel asks knowing that he would get more answers out of Spike he may not like Spike, but one thing Spike is loyal to the people he cares about and by the looks of it he is in love with Buffy.

“When it first started there were no more that 5 to 6 bites a night when she had a nightmare. I would say last night was probably 8 to 10 and they weren’t all nightmares. For the last few days we have been down to about 2 or 3 a night.”

“Has she bitten anyone else but you?” Wesley asks

“No we all sat down and decided that it would be best if it was only me, even Rupert agreed with that. Since we don’t know what would happen if she bite anyone else. I also haven’t let her have any of the pig or animal blood I drink she only gets mine. I either drink before or after.

“What about when you are not with her?” Wesley asks

“Haven’t come across that yet. I’ve made a point of always being around her since we have found out.”

“What about during the day when you can’t go out?” Wesley asked.

“The Slayers sleep a lot more than she use to sleep. She sleeps as much as a fledging.” Spike says turning to Angel.

“Okay so let me get this straight.” Wesley says. “She has grown fangs, and her eyes change color as well, she drinks your blood when she needs it and right now passes out when she is weak. Is there anything else?”

“Yes.” Buffy replies to his question.

“There’s more?” Angel asks “Like what?”

“More Vampire traits.” Spike replies to Angel.

“Vampire traits.” Wesley says.

“Enhanced hearing, sight and some smells.” Buffy says

“Smells” Wesley repeats.

“Both Angel and Spike smell different and some other things to but I haven’t fully identified them yet.” She says.

“So that’s everything now?” Wesley asks.

“Yes.” Spike says. “So what are you thinking there Watcher?” Spike asks.

“I think I need to discuss some of this with Mr. Giles.” Wesley replies. Before he leaves the room, to go call Giles.

“If you need a break from her biting let me know 8 to 10 bites on you can’t be good for you.” Angel says.

“Thanks but she doesn’t take a lot. The amount she took from me when she was showing you is about all she takes at a time. I always keep bags of blood with me at night in a cooler.” Spike tells him.

“Alright I’ll leave you too alone to rest I am sure that you didn’t get much sleep last night either if she didn’t.” Angel says getting up and walking out of the room.