A/N: Lots of slash this chappy, Xander just got really horny on me. Next chapter should be out pretty soon, and that's when it turns more to the present, less flashback. Please review and let me know what you think. Thanks to everyone who's reviewed so far!



"Not a word was spoke between us, there was little risk involved
Everything up to that point had been left unresolved.
Try imagining a place where it's always safe and warm.
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I was burned out from exhaustion, buried in the hail,
Poisoned in the bushes an' blown out on the trail,
Hunted like a crocodile, ravaged in the corn.
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."


-Bob Dylan, Shelter From the Storm


Spike awoke first the next morning, his head pillowed on Xander's chest and Anya spooned up against his back. He didn't remember shifting to the middle of the threesome but he didn't mind. Ever since he had been asked to participate in these encounters with two of his best friends they'd treated him like he was just as important to them as they were to each other. He loved them for that, but he understood that it wasn't a permanent arrangement. One day they'd finally stop dodging real commitment and become exclusive, he had a feeling they were waiting for him to be paired off before they did so.



Spike had known Xander almost his whole life, they'd been best friends ever since they'd had to put aside a petty playground rivalry to fight off a bully that wanted to do them both in. They'd met Anya when they were freshmen in high school, and Xander had fallen hard. William hadn't been able to bring himself to even approach a girl since he'd been so brutally dismissed by his junior high crush Cecily.



"You're beneath me, William."



For a year, William was the third wheel, and though Xander and Anya made an effort to include him, William understood and respected the fact that they must have wanted to be alone together more often than not.



"No, no Xander, you and Anya can go to the movies alone. I'd just be in the way." William could tell Xander was trying to hide his excitement. "Got to wash my hair, mate, so get going." William grinned when his friend practically skipped away.



After a year and a half of bliss, Anya had to leave when her parents moved her to Colorado. Just before, Xander lost his virginity and William felt like he was even more of a loser. The couple stayed in touch but agreed to see other people, staying just friends. William scoffed at the idea, he knew neither Xander nor Anya were about to move on, and unless they altered themselves totally, they'd be pining for each other until they went crazy.



"You'll never be friends! You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood... blood screaming inside you to work its will."



They decided to speed up the process and drive each other crazy with jealousy. At every attempt, William was forced to keep his eye rolls hidden, they were pathetic. More often than not, Xander and William spent their weekends drinking away their loneliness.



"Fuck, Will, how can she do this to me?" Xander took another swig and grimaced, "again!"



William patted his friend's shoulder and took the bottle out of his hands, raising it to his own lips and taking a mighty gulp that had him seeing double. "I told you! Told bloody both of you! Never gonna be friends, I says, never gonna be anythin' but lovers and crazy people." He looked at Xander who was trying to contain his laughter. "Don't you bloody laugh at me, Harris!"



Xander tried, he really did, but drunk William was a sight to be seen. Ruffled hair, glasses askew, his tweed all rumpled and the poetry he would spout when he got in the right mood. All in all, it was priceless.



Xander fell back onto his bed and giggled uncontrollably. William growled (it only made Xander laugh harder) and pounced on his friend, ready to show him just how funny his fists could be, but right at that moment something passed between them. Xander stopped laughing and pulled himself up on his elbows, leaning his face towards William's.



The moment their lips touched William's cock sprang to attention and he allowed Xander to push their groins together. He groaned and the bottle slipped from his fingers and crashed to the floor. William sprang off of Xander as if he'd been burned and adjusted himself.



Guilt and shame began to wash through both of them, but William most of all. He'd never even touched a woman, but here he was rubbing his dick up against Xander, what was wrong with him?



William tried to say something but his throat was closed, he took one look in Xander's lust filled but confused eyes and ran.



William avoided Xander for a week. He was too confused and too disgusted with himself to face his friend. He tried to tell himself that he was just drunk, and he was a teenage boy, so almost always horny, but he knew that he'd thought of what it would be like to touch Xander and have his friend touch him before. Many a guilt drenched orgasm following that particular fantasy had told William that he wasn't one hundred percent for the ladies. He never really looked at other men that way though, just Xander, so maybe it was just a fluke. A drunken fluke that could never happen again.



"Will, I've been trying to talk to you for a week," Xander caught up to his friend finally at his house. "Listen, I'm sorry, man, we don't have to-"



"Xander," William cut him off, not wanted to hear his dismissal. "We were both drunk right? Doesn't mean anything, you love Anya, and I love women period, so we're ok. Let's just go play some pool at the Bronze, yeah?"



William was already walking toward the club when Xander began to follow, he pasted on a smile to mask his disappointment. "Yeah, man, sounds good."



Their relationship was awkward and they both felt like they were walking on eggshells around the other. Xander was hurt that William had dismissed everything so easily, and William was the most confused he'd ever been. He wanted Xander, sometimes so much that he considered throwing all discretion out with his propriety, but then he remembered that Xander hadn't seemed too keen to continue. He had been hoping that his friend would have refused to forget about it, but they hadn't mentioned it for a few months.



"Will, I have to tell you something." The two had been drinking a little bit, but neither was drunk. They both felt a little of the tension drain away with the alcohol, but William began to regain it when he heard Xander's tone.



"Yeah? Go ahead."



"I know we haven't really talked about it, but I need to get some things out there." Xander saw William tense up and he sighed sadly, he wanted his friend, and he cared about him, he wanted so badly for Will to feel the same way. "What happened, that night," William moved a hand to stop him, but he ignored it. "I don't regret it."



There was silence for a moment and Xander started to resign himself to the fact that he might not have his best friend or his girlfriend to rely on anymore. But then he felt William's lips on his.



He was hesitant, and when Xander didn't automatically respond he almost pulled away, but then the brunette grabbed the back of his neck and brought his tongue out to tease William's lips. They both groaned and took advantage of open mouths to thrust their tongues inside.



Xander moved his other hand to grasp William's upper arm and deepened the kiss even more making the blonde moan deep in his chest. Suddenly, William pulled back and ducked his head. Xander was confused, but William's hand began to lightly stroke his arms comfortingly and he realized that he wasn't going to pull away completely.



"Xand, I know... I mean, you've done... I mean, I know that... and I've never... I'm sorry, I-"



Xander cut him off with a soft kiss and brought William's chin up. "This is different, Will, we're both unsure and new at this. Anyone told me a year ago I'd be coming on to my best friend I'd have laughed in his face, but I want you. I didn't really get it before that night, but there's something about you, Will that gets to me. It's not like with Anya."



Will flinched at the name. Anya would always be number one for Xander, even if something developed between the friends. He couldn't compete with the love of his life.



Xander noticed William's reaction and was about to speak when he was cut off. "I know, Xander, I get that, you love her. We can want things, be attracted to each other, but it won't be like that. Won't be like we're boyfriends. I love you because you're my best friend, you excite me but we don't have to read too much into it, yeah?"



Xander was relieved that William wasn't going to ask him to choose. He cared for William, a lot, but Anya was who he knew he was going to end up with. He let out a sigh and kissed William again unaware of the disheartened expression on his friend's face. William had been hoping that Xander would deny it, even if it wasn't true, but if that's what he wanted, William would give it to him. He didn't want to rock the boat, he cared about Anya too, didn't want to lose either of them, and if they just wanted a spot of fun, he could do that.



While William steeled himself against the sting of rejection when Anya eventually returned to their lives, Xander's hand had found its way to the growing bulge in William's trousers. He squeezed and William both moaned and stiffened... everywhere.



He put a hand against Xander's chest and ducked his head again, trying to catch his breath. "I don't know what to do," he whispered.



"I bet you do." William looked up shocked at what he thought Xander was insinuating, but then his friend smiled and pushed back on William's shoulder. "Just lay back, Will. I'll show you, but you've done it to yourself, you'll know what to do to me."



William relaxed a little and watched as Xander came down next to him and reached for his hand. The brunette placed his friend's hand on his erection and then placed his own on William's. William's excitement grew exponentially at the feel of Xander's hard cock against his hand. He squeezed a bit and was rewarded by Xander's moan and a stroke to his own dick.



Xander knew that William had absolutely no experience pleasuring another person and knew he'd have to show him as they went along, but he figured Will would be a quick learner, and it excited him to no end that he got to be master in this situation.



He reached up and began to unbutton William's pants and he felt his friend freeze. "Sshh, it's ok, Will, we'll learn together, ok. Just do what I do. Touch me, Will, please, I need your hand on my cock."



Apparently, William didn't need much encouragement after he got past his first hurdle, he'd fantasized about it too many times. His hands reached inside and grasped Xander's cock at the some time his own was beginning to be stroked. "Oohh, Xander, I've wanted this for so long, your hands on my dick, do it harder."



Xander grinned and obeyed, he loved to hear William in the throes of passion, and hearing that he'd wanted it before tonight made him even harder. He leaned over and kissed William as his hand started to move faster. "Do you.. ohh... Do you want to suck me, Will?"



William groaned loud and deep and pushed Xander from his side onto his back and hovered over him, their hard cocks rubbing against each other. He looked into Xander's eyes and kissed him deeply. Xander could see the want and lust, but over that was the insecurity. "I'll tell you what to do, Will, just please put it in your mouth, please."



William was nervous, but the thought of Xander shooting down his throat made him almost come then and there. He ran his hands under Xander's shirt and tweaked his nipples before moving his body down so that he was lying between Xander's thighs. "I don't know... I mean, I've never had it so," he looked up shyly, "I don't want to hurt you."



Xander ran his hands through Will's hair and smiled. "You won't, just mind your teeth. Don't hurt yourself, don't put it in too far."



William took a deep breath and licked his lips. Xander groaned at the sight and precum dripped down the sides of his cock. William began to lick it up slowly, loving the way Xander's breath caught in his throat. Finally he put his mouth over the head and sucked. "Ohhh, oh Will, fuck yes, more, suck me, you're so good, Will, God your mouth is so hot."



William reached down to stroke his own cock while he sucked more and more of Xander in. Soon he felt his friend's balls tighten and he wrapped his lips around the head wanting to taste the brunette's cum. Xander cried out and began to spurt while William swallowed, his own cock shooting off at the sound and taste of Xander.



He crawled up and kissed his friend, wrapping his arms around him. "You were wonderful, Will, so beautiful."



Spike realized that he had grown pretty hard at the remembrance of his first sexual encounter. He reached down and gave his cock a loving stroke. Underneath him, Xander's breathing started to speed up and he realized that his friend was awake and watching. He licked a ring around Xander's nipple then bit down and grinned when he heard a soft moan above him. Spike moved to kiss him, but Xander surprised him by turning over and handing him the oil he kept in his bedside table.



"Xand?"



"Do it, Will, I want you."



Spike, never one to look a gift horse in the mouth was still a little confused. Xander didn't usually like to be bottom as his times with Anya were usually spent in submission. When they were together, Spike was just poor, shy, virginal, William and Xander was the experienced one, even though by now Spike had done more things with more people than Xander had ever considered.



Spike lubed up his cock and then Xander's ass and positioned himself. He paused and Xander looked back at him. "Turn over, mate, I want to see you."



As rare as these occasions were, Spike wanted to see the pleasure written on Xander's face when he gave him the pounding that would make it difficult to walk. Before Xander got fully comfortable, Spike pushed inside and waited for Xander to get used to him.



"Oh, God, Will, fuck!"



"Jesus, you're tight, Xand." He bent down and kissed him, then grabbed his cock and began to stroke. "I'm gonna make you scream, mate, gonna make it so good for you."



Xander didn't doubt it, just put his head back and moaned. Spike loved hearing Xander moan for him, loved to hear the power they had over each other. He began to pump and stroke faster, and he realized that this wasn't going to last as long as he had hoped. The tightness of Xander was seeing to that.



"Oh, not gonna last much longer, baby, you're just too damn tight."



"Fuck, Will, I love it when you fuck me, harder, just a few more times... ahhh!"



Xander shot his load all over his chest and stomach, the orgasm catching them both by surprise and Spike followed almost immediately after. He pulled out gently and resumed his position with his head on Xander's chest. He looked over and saw Anya still asleep, she murmured and curled up behind him again.



"How in the bloody hell did she sleep through that?"



***



"Will?" Xander asked. They had fallen back to sleep for about an hour, but had woken up again to the sound of Spike's alarm. Anya, again slept through quite a bit of noise. Now they were laying together trying to find the will to get out of bed.



"Yeah, Xand?"



"I want you to be careful, I don't want to see you hurt again, man."



Spike looked up at Xander and brushed some hair out of his eyes. "Got you and Anya to look after me, not to mention my girls in the other room. Buffy doesn't seem the type to tempt me back into that stuff, 'sides, probably just a fluke, thought I saw somethin' in her eyes, but it coulda been the sun, so let's just leave it alone until there's actually something to worry 'bout."



"I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about your heart, Will. You give too much to people who don't deserve it. I like Buffy, she seems nice, but Tara was nice, and look what happened there."



Spike sat up and pulled himself away. "I see that bloody mistake every day of my life, don't need a reminder."



"You didn't make a mistake, Tara-"



"Just leave it," Spike said angrily, cutting him off. "You always have to bring her up when I see someone I may want to get to know. You're jumping the gun, Xander. I don't need you to treat me like I can't date someone without guarding my heart a bit. I learned my sodding lesson. Twice."



Xander tried to pull him back into bed but Spike stood up and pulled on his pants. "'M takin' a shower. Got things to do today."



After he left Xander sighed.



"You were right. He's going to get hurt if you don't warn him, at least now he'll think about it."



"I think you're right, Ahn." He turned and fell into her arms. "But I hope we're both wrong."



***



Spike walked into the kitchen after his shower and found Buffy sitting at the counter with a bowl of cereal. "Mornin' pet, sleep well?"



Buffy looked up and smiled broadly. "Yeah, I did actually. Thought I might be nervous in a new place, but I was very comfortable."



Spike smiled and sat next to her with a banana. "What are you up to today?"



"Thought I'd get myself acquainted with the area and campus."



"So, have you been going to Sunnydale all along, or did you transfer?"



Buffy paused for a moment and tried not to think about her mother. "Umm, no. I was in Seattle before, UW. I had to get away from some stuff, California seemed like a nice change."



Spike saw the hesitation and the look of pain that crossed her face but said nothing. "Well, love, California is a nice place, and Sunnydale's just small enough not to be overwhelming, and just big enough not to get boring. Though with yours truly around, boredom should be the last thing on your mind."



Buffy grinned and looked down, hoping he hadn't noticed the flush in her cheeks caused by his nearness. "Well, I've got to be going, long day ahead."



Spike wasn't ready for her to leave yet, he was trying to work up the nerve to ask her out but he barely knew anything about her and didn't know what exact approach to use. "I'd offer to show you the town myself, but, I've got to meet with my professor before classes start. Maybe, if you'd like it... Maybe some other time, I could, um-"



Buffy smiled at his sudden shyness, remembering the way Tara had described William. "You could show me some things only the locals know about?"



Spike looked up from the floor and smiled, he looked relieved and not at all the comfortable and confident man she'd first met. "Yeah. That. Some time." He felt like such a wanker, he'd left William behind long ago, but some people brought him out at the worst possible moments. Tara was the only one who could still do it, and sometimes Xander in the bedroom, but even they could only do it if they tried. Why did Buffy have it with no apparent effort?



"That sounds great, Spike," she said softly, breaking through his thoughts. "I'll see you tonight?"



"Yeah, I'll be around," he said smiling shyly, she smiled back and he felt his heart clench a bit. Did she know what she was doing to him?



Buffy walked down the hall to the door and Spike sat down and sighed. Who was he kidding? If William was infatuated with Ms. Summers, Spike had no choice but to follow along.



***



Buffy grabbed her coat off the rack and was about to open the front door when she heard Spike's door open. She looked back and wished she hadn't. A disheveled and obviously very satisfied Anya ,carrying her clothes and wearing a man's robe, crossed the hall into the bathroom.



Buffy tried not to be hurt, or angry, or even surprised. Tara and Willow had told her early on that Spike and Anya had their occasional romps, but after what she walked in on in the laundry room the day before, she figured they weren't on at this point. Apparently she was wrong, and Spike wasn't so close to William after all.



She stepped out of the front door and made her way to her car. Why should she even care who he fucks, it's not like they had any kind of relationship? She barely even knew the guy. Then why are you freaking out internally, who cares if you barely know him. You want him, more than you've wanted someone in a long time.



"Shut-up brain," she hissed to herself. Realizing she was talking to herself, she tried to calm down. She wondered if he had any idea what he was doing to her.



***



It was late in the afternoon and Buffy had found everything she had wanted to on campus and off except for the psychology building. She'd been walking around for almost half an hour at this point, trying not to look like a complete loser, holding her map and talking to herself.



She was failing on that front.



"Need some help?"



Buffy turned around and stared straight into the chest of someone very tall. Actually, he may not have been, anyone compared to her was tall. She looked up into the smiling face of a brown haired, kind eyed man about her age.



"Umm, sure, I'm looking for the psychology building."



"Well, hey, you're in luck, that's just where I'm headed." He smiled wider and stuck out his hand. "Riley Finn."



Buffy smiled back warily, he seemed really nice, but so did Spike, and lots of guys with worse transgressions than him. "I'm Buffy Summers."



"Nice to meet you, Buffy. So are you a freshmen or just new?'



"I'm a sophomore, I transferred here this year from Seattle."



They exchanged simply small talk on the way explaining where they were from, what year they were in, and that they were both psychology majors. Finally, they found the building and Buffy raged internally when she realized she had walked by it at least five times before.



Riley looked a little uncertain and she knew he was going to ask her out before he did so.



"So, um, Buffy, maybe I could take you out some time. There's a club here, the Bronze, it's pretty cool."



She was hesitant at first, in a way Spike had asked her the same thing, but then she remembered Anya. "Sure, let me give you my number."



Spike wasn't exclusive, no need for her to be.



***



The Bronze was pretty crowded for a Tuesday night. Xander and Anya sat together at a table with Willow and Tara. Oz, Willow's ex, and his band were playing. He'd been remarkably cool about things when Willow had broken them off. He cared about her, but he wasn't about to mess with trying to turn a lesbian. They'd remained friends and the whole gang still came to watch him play when he was in town.



Spike had been gone the whole day working on some projects that he'd been doing over the summer with one of his professors but he had promised to meet them all there. Willow had left a note for Buffy at the house and she hoped that she got it.



"So you guys are back on I guess?" Willow asked Anya.



When she nodded Tara smirked. "But you kept your date with Spike, I saw you coming out of his room this morning."



Anya just smiled contentedly. "Well, why should I settle for just one when both my boys like to play together with me?" Willow shook her head and Tara grinned at Xander's uncomfortable shifting. "Although, I think Spike was giving Xander quite a pounding this morning, and they didn't even wake me up. Many an orgasm I've had just-"



"Ahn, honey, I think they get it, and I don't think Willow wants to hear Spike and pounding in the same sentence ever again.



Anya just shook her head then waved frantically. They all looked over to see Spike walking toward them with a satisfied smirk on his face.



"Speak of the devil," Willow muttered to Tara.



"Hey all. Hope you had a lovely day, but if you didn't, I'm about to help. Drinks on me!"



Xander made room for his friend and they all gave their orders to the waitress. "What are you so happy about, bleach boy?"



"I, my friend, have just been chosen as TA for Professor Wyndam-Price and the publishing company got back to us, they're going to publish some of my work, and most importantly of all, I asked Buffy out."



"That's great, Will, you've worked so hard." Spike smiled and leaned over to kiss Tara on the cheek.



"Thanks pet, couldn't have done it without you." He cleared his throat and looked up. "All of you guys, putting up with everything, taking on the housework I didn't do, and relieving the tension," he said in a lower tone, squeezing the legs of Anya and Xander.



"I do what I can," Anya said seriously before grabbing her drink from the waitress.



"So where is she?" Spike asked anxiously.



"Who?"



"Buffy, you lout, the girl I've been talking about all bloody day. The one you warned me off this morning."



Xander looked sheepish when Willow and Tara fixed their gazes on him. "Hey, I was just trying to urge him to use caution, you know how he jumps in full body and gets the full body cast to go with it after his heart's ripped out."



"Xander, you're always-"



"Xander's right, he's just-"



"Not you too, Anya!"



Tara pulled Spike back a bit and whispered in his ear, "you'll be fine, Will. This is just what you need. Everything's coming together, don't let Xander and Anya scare you away."



Spike smiled and placed a kiss on her temple. "I won't pet, thanks for having faith. I'm gonna go look for Buffy at the house, you tell everyone bye for me," he said, nodding his head toward the three still arguing over his love life.



"Yeah, see ya."



Spike turned and made his way out of the club. He was almost out of the alley by the door when Xander caught up to him. "Will, wait!"



Spike turned and smiled at his friend's red face. "What is it, whelp?"



"Listen, I'm sorry man, I'm not trying to scare you away from anything. Just saying use caution."



Spike smiled and backed Xander up against the wall of the alley. "I know, Xand, just hit a sore spot this morning. Thinking about the past, just gets to me sometimes."



"You were thinking about-" Xander paled for a minute. "Oh, and that's what got you? Oh."



Spike was confused. "What's wrong with that, I mean, shouldn't it be a compliment?"



"That I can still get you off when you're thinking about someone else? Don't think so, captain peroxide."



Xander moved to walk away but Spike shook his head and tried not to laugh while he pinned Xander to the wall with his legs, his hands on either side of his face. "I was thinkin' about us, you ponce, about virginal little William's first go with his friend." Xander relaxed and allowed Spike to kiss him deeply, rubbing their groins together in a motion that was more about comfort and security than sex. "I'd never do that to you, never wish you were someone else."



Xander shook his head at his own stupidity and kissed Spike again, softly. "Ok, sorry about that, just a little weird, with Anya and I back again and you liking this Buffy girl." Spike smiled at her name and Xander rolled his eyes. "You are so whipped, man! You haven't even known her for a week, haven't even taken her out and you're making googly eyes."



Spike growled and nibbled on Xander's ear. "Oh, Xand, you know I only make googly eyes for you," he said pressing his growing hardness against Xander's.



"Shut-up, go find Buffy and have her take care of that for you. Anya's waiting inside for me, she'll know, and she doesn't like it if she's not included."



Spike kissed him again and backed off, walking down the alley he yelled back, "I'm whipped?! Look who's talking."



Xander laughed and turned to go back inside when he was pushed back against the wall by someone much bigger than him. He looked up, make that someones.



"So what've we got boys? Another stupid faggot?"



Xander swallowed hard.



***



Spike made his way home and found Buffy just walking up the drive when he was.



"Hey, love, have a good day?"



Buffy looked startled for a moment then smiled warily at him. "Uh, yeah, pretty good. Got everything done, met somebody on campus." She felt a little bad for dropping that information, but a part of her wanted to see what he'd do.



"Oh." He was silent for a minute, trying to decide what that meant. "Uh, well, the gang's down at the Bronze, wanted you to come. I thought I'd come back and see if you wanted to go with me?"



Buffy could hear the uncertainty in his voice and wondered what kind of game he was playing. He was sleeping with Anya, and asking her out, and she wasn't quite sure what the deal with Xander was. If they were such good friends, why did he sleep with the girl Xander was in love with. She was confused, and now a little pissed off.



"Actually, I'd rather just stay home, I had a long day. I should call Riley back, too."



"Riley?" What the fuck? Didn't he just ask her out this morning and she'd already made plans with someone else. Maybe Xander was right.



"Yeah, the guy I met today, he wants me to go with him somewhere tomorrow."



"I see."



They had reached the door and Buffy went to unlock it, but Spike stayed her hand. "But... I mean, I thought... Look, were you serious this morning, and if you were, why are you doing this?"



She could see he was hurt, his eyes spoke volumes. She was surprised that he hadn't learned to build a hefty wall around himself after all he'd been through. "I don't think I'm the one who's being all mixed signally."



"What? What the bloody hell are you talking about?"



Now she really was mad, he was going to deny it, deny sleeping with someone and then asking her out, and then probably sleeping with Anya again before the actual date. "You tell me, I see Anya skipping out of your room half-dressed this morning just after you go all nice and shy on me. What am I supposed to think?"



Spike didn't know what to say. His relationships were complicated, she wouldn't understand any of the arrangements he had with the people he lived with, she just didn't know them all well enough.



His silence was pissing her off even more. "If you get to sleep with other people, I think I should get to at least go on dates."



"Look, pet, it's not what you-" he was cut off by his cell phone. "Hold on a minute, I'll explain." He turned his back on her, "what?!"



Buffy tapped her foot and watched him answer his phone. She noticed him tense.



"He what?" he asked, softer, obviously nervous. "Just, just slow down, pet, what happened?" Buffy was concerned now, his voice was shaking, and whoever was on the phone sounded really upset. "Yeah, 'course, I'll be right there, just stay calm, luv."



He turned around and she could see tears forming in his eyes. "Can you... I need a ride to the hospital, Buffy."



She grabbed her keys and pulled a shocked Spike toward her car. "What's wrong?"



He was shaking when he sat down. "Xander."