Author's Chapter Notes:
A little angst. Just a little, I promise!
“Pet, you don’t understand, we know him, and he’s not someone you should be around!” Spike exclaimed with frustration. Buffy just shook her head, angrily stabbing an earring through her ear. “You’re not allowed to go.” Buffy froze, her jaw set.

“And why not?” Will ground his teeth together, struggling for clam. The bint was being ridiculously stubborn, which was usually an eye-rolling affair that led to some naughty fun teaching her a ‘lesson’ or two...except this was serious.

“It’s bloody fucking Angel!” he roared, finally loosing his temper. While he knew yelling and ultimatums were not the best way to handle Buffy Summers, sometimes he just couldn’t help himself. “He is not a good person, he is only interested in getting in your pants, and he’s got a big forehead!”

“First off, how dare you try to tell me who I should be around! I had enough of that with Riley, thank you very much! And I am going to this meeting, no matter what you say! Angel is only interested in helping me make contacts; and if he’s interested in me, I would damn well hope you’d know where I stand on THAT matter!” Buffy furiously picked up her handbag. The nerve of those two!

“Luv,” Will began, reaching for Buffy and attempting to diffuse the situation. “Please, just listen to us, we--“

“I don’t have time for your petty jealousies!” Buffy exclaimed, avoiding Will’s embrace.

“Fuck jealousy,” Spike snarled, “if you go, don’t you dare come back here! I won’t have you tracking Angel breath in MY apartment.” Buffy froze, her eyes wide and filled with tears. Spike wanted the words back as soon as they left his mouth. “Buffy,” he said miserably.

“N-no,” she whispered tearfully, “just...stay away from me.”

“Luv,” Will murmured soothingly, approaching her like he would a scared rabbit, “it’s alright, let’s just talk this out.” His heart clenched as she pulled further away. Her eyes were glassy with tears, and she looked...crushed. This had all gone so horribly wrong.

“No. No, I’m late,” she said distantly, and ran out the door.

“I buggered that right up.” Spike sighed as he sunk miserably to the floor.

“No,” Will sighed, sinking down behind him and wrapping his arms around his twin. “We all did that.”

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***

Buffy trudged wearily up the steps to the apartment. She hated being wrong. And she really really hated admitting that she was wrong. She tried to muster up some of her earlier anger, but she was just too drained. Right now, she just wanted to make nice with her twinlets and find some comfort in their arms. She took a deep breath and entered the apartment, prepared for the worst.

They were huddled miserably on the couch looking for all the world like their dog had just died. Their haunted blue eyes tore at Buffy and she sank further into her guilt, the night’s events coming back to her all at once. She looked nervously around the living area, for the first time unsure of herself and where she stood with them. Usually, she would have settled herself on the couch in between her lovers, warm and content in their embrace. But considering they were in the middle of their first big fight (which she was pretty much completely on the wrong end of) that didn’t seem to be an option.

She settled herself rigidly in a chair trying to gather her thoughts, shrugging off her light over coat. What could she say?

“What the bloody hell is that,” Will’s dangerous growl demanded from the couch. Buffy stared blindly at him, trying to process the question. She followed his gaze to her arm.

“Oh,” she said softly, staring at the offending mark.

“Oh? OH? That’s all you’re—“

“He doesn’t take rejection well,” she said, cutting Spike off. She tried for flippant but failed miserably. Buffy struggled to keep the tears and emotions she’d forcefully repressed after her…altercation with Angel in their tight box.

“Buffy.” The soft whispering of her name was her undoing. The tears came in torrents, and it seemed like she couldn’t get enough air. She felt strong arms pull her out of the chair and onto the floor, cradling her, making her feel safe.

“I-I-I-I’m s-so sorry!” she gasped out. “Please! Don’t leave me, I’m so sorry, I didn’t m-m-mean it!” Spike and Will exchanged worried glances over Buffy’s head.

“Not goin’ anywhere, luv,” Spike told her.

“Would never leave!” Will declared, clinging to Buffy as the sobs ripped through her body. What had happened?

The pain and terror and shock of the entire situation seemed to hit her at once, now that she was home. Home. The word warmed her a little. Spike and Will would help her, take care of her. They were always there, making sure she was OK. Words of comfort were whispered in her hair, and she clung to them. A hand ran soothingly through her hair, and the smell of whiskey, tobacco, and men overpowered her senses. She cried herself into a deep sleep, warmed by her Twinlets.

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***

Buffy woke up in bed, alone. The memories of the night before were still fresh in her mind, and she felt almost physically ill. Her bruises cried out in protest when she sat up. She was still wearing her clothes from last night, which meant the Twins hadn’t undressed her when she’d passed out in their arms. Which was probably a good thing.

Fresh memories assaulted her, and large, hot tears made tracks down her face. Buffy fought the onslaught of emotion, but couldn’t bear it. She had been so unbearably stupid. Really, this was all her fault. If she’d just been smart and listened, she wouldn’t have had a fight with Spike and Will, and she’d have woken up snuggled with them this morning.

“Pet?” Spike’s worried voice just made Buffy cry harder.

“Kitten, please don’t cry.” Will looked at his brother, helpless. Neither of them dealt with tears well, especially Buffy’s. Spike placed a soothing hand on Buffy’s back, but snatched the appendage back when she arched and cried out in pain.

“Buffy?” Spike asked, distressed. What had he done? He watched Will’s expression darken, anger twisting his brother’s chiseled features. “What is it, Will?”

“Bastard doesn’t take rejection well,” he growled out, Buffy’s words from last night coming back to him. He gingerly lifted the back of Buffy’s shirt. He saw red at the sight of the long, angry red welt and surrounding bruise that dared to mar Buffy’s muscled back. He growled, murder in his eyes. Spike’s answering growl echoed a moment later, his eyes riveted on Angel’s mark.

“I’ll kill the wanker!” Spike growled, ready to storm out and hunt Angel down. No one touched their girl! Buffy’s small, stong hand stilled his motions, and he gave him a watery smile.

“I kinda beat the hell out of him,” she admitted softly. Will let out a loud guffaw at the image of Buffy’s tiny fists pummeling the shit out of the glorious poofter. He knew from experience that Buffy packed quite a punch in that petite frame of hers. Buffy laughed along with him. The moment passed, and the tension came back with a vengeance.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, her eyes glued to the floor. The apology didn’t come easily, but Buffy felt a huge weight lift from her. A finger gently tugged her chin up, Spike’s eyes serious and sincere.

“We love you, Buffy. And not fight will ever change that. Especially not one about the soddin’ great poofter of hair gel!” Spike looked at her, his emotions clear in his expressive blue eyes. He was looking at her with a combination of awe, love, and something deeper; something that went beyond love, that language couldn’t come close to capturing.

“You’re the last, Buffy,” Will whispered, his eyes just as open and expressive as his counterpart’s. “There is no one else for us. We love you, with everything we were, everything we are, and everything we will be.”

Buffy felt a fat tear roll down her cheek. What had she done to deserve them? And she’d denied them for so long…

“You…I…I can’t imagine life without you,” she whispered, her throat thick and voice hoarse. “There’s no one else. I love you, together, separate…you’re both what I’ve been searching for. And nothing, no one, will ever change that.” Her vehemence surprised them all, and Buffy used her momentum to get everything out. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“I love you, and I…I promise to listen to you from now on. I was wrong, and…I’m sorry.” Silence stretched between them; it didn’t sound like the twinlets were even breathing. She cracked one eye open. Spike and Will were staring at her, slack-jawed.

“Can we get that in writing, pet?” Will asked, still looking a bit dazed. The sound that came out of her mouth was something between laughter and a hiccup. The say in companionable silence, reflecting on their first fight, and feeling surprisingly good about the outcome. Buffy shuddered to think how many other things could have gone badly.

“So…do we get to make up now?” Spike asked hopefully, breaking the silence. Buffy rolled her eyes at her incorrigible lover, and Will smacked his brother lightly upside the head. Sleep had been fitful and unfruitful at best. They were all far too drained to do much more than crawl back in bed and sleep, secure in their relationship.


A/N: Expect some rather quick updates (well, quick for me. Hush, I lead a busy life!) since I have three chapters written now. Leave me feed back, my muse loves it!