It took some time for Dawn and the rest of the household to get use to each other. Dawn was almost unbearably shy around Spike and Will for the first few days, only venturing out of her room is Buffy was around or she needed something. She’d never lived in close quarters with men before, and she was still a little skittish about new people. It also didn’t help that she found herself tongue tied when either one of the statuesque men talked to her. But all that had changed one night when Buffy and Dawn has walked in on Spike bouncing around and singing along with a Sex Pistols LP. Dawn had been a goner, and she and Spike had been inseparable since then.

Spike had happily gone through his entire collection, giving Dawn detailed accounts and trivial information about his particular favorites. He’d then whisked the teen off to his favorite retro shop, where they’d broken the bank on new CDs, some posters, and memorabilia for Dawn’s room. Will and Buffy had returned from a grocery run to find Dawn’s room completely overhauled.

The walls were no longer stark and bare, but filled with old movie posters and punk rock bands. Spike had made her buy some nice linens in a rich green with a cheerful multi-colored duvet. They installed a couple of colored light bulbs, which softened the feel of the entire room. Buffy thought it felt like Dawn, and was glad the teen had finally taken the time to make the room hers. At least now she’d have a comfortable place to go if she ever stumbled upon the three of them in a compromising position…again. (But the trio quickly adapted to the new ‘bedroom only’ edict Buffy had enacted after Dawn had stumbled on the beginnings of a steamy night of threesome sex.)

So they settled in together, Dawn becoming more a part of their insular family each day. They enrolled her in a Lamaze class at the community center and hired a private tutor to see to her schooling. Will and Spike had some home one day and overheard the government-appointed tutor giving Dawn a ‘lesson’ in literature and poetry. They’d immediately put a stop to the farce, labeling the man an ‘incompetent pillock’ and showing the confused guy the door. They’d then proceeded to give Dawn the most interesting and comprehensive lecture about poetry and literature she’d ever had.

It wasn’t long before they were acting like a family. Spike and Will had quickly added Dawn to the list of people they loved and would die for, and they passed their first random home visit with flying colors. And Will and Spike had even agreed to attend a few of Dawn’s Lamaze classes for moral support, though Buffy was her official partner. Buffy and Dawn got to know some of the other couples in the group, including an adorable duo named Wesley and Fred. Fred was a soft spoken Texan whose lilting southern drawl played a beautiful counterpart to Wesley’s upper-crust British accent. Quite on accident, Buffy had found out that Wesley and Giles were acquaintances, having operated in the same social circles back in ‘The Homeland.” The over all atmosphere was happy and accepting, and it went a long way towards driving away the worst of Dawn’s post-cult fears.

Buffy and Dawn were with their new friends after the last class and making plans with Fred and Wesley when one of Dawn’s increasingly irritating urges hit her.

“I’m going to run to the bathroom,” Dawn excused herself. “Be back soon.” The unspoken request to come and find her if she was gone for too long stretched between the two women. Dawn made her way back into the building, muttering to herself about the increasingly frequent trips. She was still muttering when she washed her hands and left the restroom.

“Hi.” Dawn momentarily forgot how to speak. A boy, perhaps a little older than herself, was smiling at her. And he was gorgeous. He quirked an eyebrow at her and she felt her face heat up.

“H-hi.” She winced when her voice cracked. Great. She was making an absolute fool of herself.

“I’m Conner,” Gorgeous said. He grinned again, and any headway she’d made towards being a functioning human being went right out the window. She was pretty sure Gorgeous—she was going to have to start calling him Connor now—thought she was an absolute basked-case.

“I’m, uh, Dawn?” She waved, cringing inwardly at the question mark. She wanted to smack her malfunctioning brain into gear.

“Well hi, uh Dawn. So…what brings you here?” Dawn looked down at her distended belly with a wry smile. She’d almost forgotten about that. All her happy boy-thoughts suddenly deflated; she was a pregnant teenager who was about to be a single mom. “Oh. Right. I’m…an idiot.” Dawn giggled a little.

“Only a little,” she teased, and her breath caught when he smiled widely at her. If he wanted her functional, he was going to have to stop smiling.

“Dawnie?” Buffy’s voice came around the corner. She cast a curious look at the boy standing bashfully in front of Dawn before looking to make sure her friend was OK.

“Hey! Buffy, this is Connor.” Conner smiled and extended his hand.

“Are you Dawn’s sister or, uh…” Buffy and Dawn shared a secret smile. This boy was just too cute

“Something like that,” Buffy granted. “So…what are you doing at a Lamaze class, Conner?” Dawn perked up a bit. Yeah, what WAS he doing here? Shit, he was one of those people that met the love of his life in high school and got married and started having kids immediately. She just knew it.

“Well, my sister’s husband was recently killed in an accident. Out parents died when we were young, so she asked me to be her coach. We’re kind of all we have. I’m in the new class that start…ed five minutes ago. Crap!” Connor looked at Dawn apologetically. “I’m gotta go but…maybe I’ll see you next class?” Buffy smothered a giggle at the hopeful look on Connor’s face. The two were giving each other looks that made Buffy think rather fondly of her Twinlets. Dawn blushed, wondering what this guy would want with a knocked-up teenage girl.

“Yeah, we’ll be here,” Buffy offered on Dawn’s behalf.

“Every Tuesday!” Dawn confirmed, finally getting her voice back. Conner’s face seemed to light up.

“Alright, then. I’ll see you soon!” Dawn blushed and nodded, not trusting herself to speak and watching him somewhat longingly as he walked out of the room.

“He’s cute,” Buffy said with laughter in her voice. Dawn just blushed more and dragged Buffy out of the building, ignoring her friend’s teasing jibes.

***

Curled between her Twinlets later that night, Buffy recounted the charming story of the young man who seemed so waken with the newest member of their odd family.

“Who is this wanker?” Spike growled. No one was going to touch his Nibblet and he’d kill the first person who tried! Buffy sleepily slapped his chest.

“He’s not a wanker—or a ponce or a poofter,” Buffy preemptively informed them. Really, these two could be so predictable sometimes. “He’s cute, and sincere. It couldn’t hurt Dawn to get to know him. She deserves normalcy, and she needs to get out of the house. Besides, I bet Olivia would totally agree with me.” Olivia had become Buffy’s newest trump card; she was currently Spike and Will’s number one favorite person at the moment.

Buffy had been having nightmares since her rescue, as well as a few intermittent panic attacks. But a few session with Olivia and some couching about new meditative/mental exercise had made them both diminish. Buffy was now an active ‘lucid dreamer’ and meditated for an hour each morning—and activity Spike and Will were getting into. Dawn had even sat in with them when she was up that early. Buffy’s mental health had begun to improve almost instantly. When Buffy had reported kicking Caleb’s skinny ass and pounding Glory with a giant hammer instead of waking up sweating and terrified for the first time, Spike and Will had sent Olivia a dozen roses and signed the bemused therapist up for a ‘fruit of the month’ delivery. Buffy had just smiled tolerantly at the antics.

Spike harrumphed and just pulled his girl closer to him, savoring the warmth of her beautiful body. Will made an annoyed sound and tried to drag Buffy back to him. But Spike’s grip was tight and unforgiving, and Buffy soon found herself the rope in a brotherly tug-of-war. She rolled her eyes and enjoyed feeling so wanted, right up to the point where if got annoying.

With a secret smile, she put a hand on each of their chests and maneuvered her legs for the most leverage. She mentally counted to three before shoving outward with all her strength. She giggled at the twin muffled thoughts as her Twinlets fell off their respective edges.

“Mother fucker!” Will swore, and Buffy let out a loud belly laugh.

“How very American of you, baby,” she laughed. Swearing a blue streak, the Twins picked themselves off the floor and stared at their giggling goddess who was trying her damndest to look innocent. Sharing a look, Will and Spike crawled back on the bed. Revenge was a dish best served hot and sweaty and eaten immediately.

“That wasn’t very nice, kitten,” Spike drawled. Buffy shuddered under his intense gaze.

“I’m sorry?” she said without remorse.

“I don’t think that’s good enough,” Will said with a shake of his head.

“No, not at all.” Will’s hands wandered under her tank top, and she shuddered as his long fingers brushed over her nipple. She was quickly yanked up, the top pulled over her head. Before she could orient herself, something cold wrapped around her arms with a click. She opened her eyes, glaring at the smirking blonds. She pulled against the chains.

“Though I think hearing you beg will work,” Will said with a smile. Buffy arched her eyebrow in challenge.

“Do your worst,” she said with a cocky grin.


A/N: So...not that I know where I'm going for Grad School, I've got a little more time on my hands! Which means more writing time, and more updates! :D I'm going to one of the top 3 schools for producing (movies) in the US...so there's a good chance you'll be seeing movies I've worked/produced in the near future! And I promise...gratuitous JM casting if I can pull it off ;) LOL