Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for the support, guys! Really, your reviews are awesome and make me excited to write the rest of this story. And I promise, porntastic smut in the next chapter, cross my heart!
Buffy nervously made her way to the Bronze. Willow and Xander had arranged a Bronzing pity part, and Willow had been babbling excitedly about their impending boy-bashing, Riley hating conversations and the myriad of post break-up activities she’d planned for tonight. Which was great, because yay Willow time...except she didn’t need a post-break up movie marathon or effigy burning. Buffy just needed to tell them she was fine and dating her roommates. Both of them. Together...in every sense of the word! Should be great!

Buffy walked in the noisy club and paused to adjust. She suddenly felt claustrophobic and small in the sea of milling people. She found herself wishing her boys were with her, surprised that they had insinuated themselves so quickly and effectively into her life. Though if they were all being honest with themselves, they’d actually been building up to it for the six months since she’d moved into the 3-bedroom apartment. But it was OK, Spike and Will were outside and would join her after she had broken the ice. So she wasn’t really alone...though she felt like she was. Because there was no knowing how her friends would react.

“Buffster, how ya holdin’ up?” Xander asked from behind her, a measure of sympathy and worry lacing his words. Buffy’s planning time had come to an abrupt end and she felt wholly unprepared for the conversation to come. He slung his arm around her shoulders and guided her towards an excitedly waving Willow. “Sorry about Riley. Man that really sucks. You guys were really good together!” Yeah, they were great if you enjoyed boring and uneventful. She’d had more excitement in the last two days than in a year with Mr. Sucks-at-Life. Buffy winced at her uncharitable thoughts. Xander had really been gung-ho about her and Riley, as Riley was one of his college buddies. Xander had introduced them, and bragged constantly about how he hooked them up and how they owed him and had better name their first born after him. For the first time, Xander got to successfully (for a time) play matchmaker. And to top things off, he definitely was not a fan of Spike and Will, separate or in tandem.

“H-hey Xan. I’m, y’know, doing--“

“Oh Buffy!” Willow launched herself at her friend, encasing her in a tight bear hug. “I’m so so so so so sorry! Men suck! E-except for the Xander-shaped ones, of course! Oh, we’ll have to go get ice cream and and and Oh! Man-bashing movies! And a weenie roast!” Buffy had to giggle at her enthusiasm. If she WERE pining over Riley and ranting about how he ‘done her wrong,’ she’d totally be on the Willow Man Hating Train. Except she wasn't. Emphatically. Her relationship with Riley felt like a lifetime ago, not just two days. And her twinlets...

“That’s great, Wills,” she said without much enthusiasm. Willow gave her a look that managed to be both understandingly compassionate and hurt at the same time. “No, really, it’s a great plan!” she said with all the enthusiasm she could muster. Oh great, now she was getting pitying looks from Xander. “We can do all that, except...I’m, ah,don’t really need to, per se. Be-because I’m kindaseeingsomeoneelse,” Buffy mumbled, gluing her eyes to the table top. Wow, the patterns of cigarette burns and hastily carved messages were really quite fascinating. Why had she never noticed them before? And why did Shaniqua think Kayla was a fugly hobag? When no one had said a word for several long moments, Buffy finally mustered the courage to glance up. Willow looked like her brain was on a loop of ‘does not compute;’ Xander looked angry, and judging by the color of his face, he was getting angrier. Oh, she knew that look. She’d worn it herself with her first boyfriend, Parker.

“Before you even accuse me of it, Alexander LaVelle Harris, I did NOT cheat on him,” Buffy told him with cold fury. How dare he? Xander had the good sense to at least look chagrined. “HE broke up with ME. For some extremely weak and bullshit reasons!”

“Well you didn’t waste much time, did you?” Xander couldn’t stop himself from adding. Apparently he Xander Harris instruction manual on contained one entry: Open Mouth, Insert Foot. Willow gasped and slapped him on the shoulder.

“Xander didn’t mean that. Honest.” She glared pointedly at the subdued brunette before bursting back into full perk-mode. “So tell us about him! What’s he like? How’d you meet? OH! I bet he bought you a feel better drink and made you laugh and you fell madly and completely in love...” She trailed off with a dreamy expression. Good old Willow, couldn’t ask innocuous questions that didn’t lead to a “oh well, there are two of them” admission, followed by ‘you know them, they’re my roommates, and no drink, just a great series of “Yay the ponce is history!” celebration fucks. Buffy felt herself flush just thinking about their extracurricular activities.

“Them,” Buffy corrected in a small voice. There, she’d done it, no going back. Oh look, her drink was sweating rings all over the table top, a waiter should really pop over and do something about that. Who knows, Maryann’s prince charming might see her number on the table and call her one day. It would be tragic if it were erased. Maybe the waiter could give her a coaster or a nice doily...

“What?” Willow asked. “I-I mean, you never really were interested...in...that...you’re dating two people? Well that’s...it’s the twenty-first century and all. No problem with double dating...as-as long as they know about each other. And you don’t double book! They do know about each other, right?” Buffy let out an insane little titter. Know each other? Why yes, Willow, they know each other very well. In every sense of the word! And it’s freaking HOT when they do! And you can’t even wrap your head around me possibly casually dating two people at the same time!

Xander and Willow were concerned; Buffy was acting odd. Will was having problems processing her best friend’s switch in dating patterns and Xander was getting agitated with the course of the conversation. How could Buffy be so...callous? Granted, Riley did break up with Buffy, and she had a right to move on...twice...but it had only been a couple of days! There was still an accepted buffer time regardless of who did the breaking. Xander ignored the little voice that sulked about Buffy moving on to two other people that weren’t him

Buffy gathered her courage and decided it was time to face the music. No sense drawing this out anymore. Besides, her boys were waiting for her somewhere in here, and she just wanted to disappear in their arms. “Not...like that, Wills. I’m seeing two guys...at...the same...time. Together. As in...the three of us?” That last part came out less sure than she wanted. And there they were with the staring again. Why didn’t life come with a fast forward button?

“Oh,” Willow said. That was unexpected. Buffy never struck her as the type to be into, ah, experimentation. Maybe it was a reaction to her break up with Riley. He was kind of...well, he was safe. Even Willow could see that. And maybe this was Buffy just rebelling against that...normalcy. Which Willow didn’t believe at all because Buffy was not that kind of person. But then Willow would have sworn Buffy would never have dated two people. And she had to admit...the idea was a little hot. Maybe? Goddess, she really needed to talk to Tara about this!

Xander had a very bad feeling, the kind that screamed crazed gang on PHP. Buffy waltzed in, completely unconcerned about ending her one year relationship, and was dating two people after only hours? Something told him it wasn’t Siamese twins...but that twins had something to do with it. “Who.” He demanded, his voice icy.

“Well, see, the thing is...I know this mi-might seem sudden, but--“

“Who,” he repeated. Willow was watching the exchange with a mixture of interest and apprehension. She really wanted to know, but Xander was acting strange, his words containing a hint of cruelty.

“Spike and William,” Buffy said, looking Xander straight in the eye. The two of them made her happier than anyone in her life ever had, and she’d be damned if she’d let Xander make her feel bad or second guess herself. He’d already been eager to accuse her of cheating. He was supposed to be her friend, he should be happy for her and all support-o guy!

“Oh wow,” Willow breathed. That was...just...wow. Buffy and Spike and Will. There’d been attraction there from the beginning, everyone had felt it, even thickheaded Riley. (Willow wasn’t a huge fan of Riley and was looking forward to exercising her right to make fun of him.) And while she’d always thought that Buffy would end up with one of them...she’d never dreamt she’d end up with both. Willow suddenly remembered a comment Tara had made about their souls being entwined and her lover’s small, knowing smile. Now they really needed to talk! So the three of them would take a little getting used to but really, Buffy was glowing. Actually, right now she was glowering, and Xander was turning a very interesting shade of red.

“You...you whore,” Xander said with unveiled hostility. Buffy’s face went completely blank, and Willow let out a startled gasp. “How could you lower yourself to do something so vile? And with BOTH of them? Do you do them both at one time, or do you just spread your legs and have them line up?” The color had drained from Buffy’s face and she was reeling from Xander's calloused attack.. Willow was staring at Xander like she’d never seen him before, and realized that she hadn't. She'd never seen Xander intentionally hurtful. Yeah, he had a pretty bad chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease, but this was...almost unforgiveable.

“Xander! Stop it!” Willow cried, aghast. What was he thinking? How could he say those things to Buffy, who’d been his self-proclaimed best friend since she transferred to their school?

“You’re disgusting and perverted. You’re better than this! You’re better than becoming some...some...breeding cow to a pair of incestuous fags! How can you demean yourself by fucking th--“ Buffy’s hand met Xander’s cheek with a resounding crack. Buffy was literally trembling, her anger too great to let her form words. She clenched her hands into fists, trying not to knock Xander into next week. Xander had crossed a line in attacking her lovers. Buffy Summers did not take kindly when someone threatened her family, and right now Xander did not fall in that category. She was one thread of control away from beating the hell out of him. Willow felt helpless as she watched the situation spiral out of control.

“How dare you,” she hissed, her voice filled with venom. She felt a vengeful sense of satisfaction fill her when Xander took an alarmed step back. “How dare you say those things to me. How dare you judge me, judge them? This is my life, Xander Harris, and I will do with it as I please. This is my choice to make, and it’s not disgusting or vile, and it most certainly doesn’t make me a horrible person. If you were really my friend, you--“

“I can’t be your friend, I don’t know you,” Xander ground out. “The Buffy I know would never lower herself to this. The Buffy I knew wouldn’t make herself so...so...worthless.” Buffy didn’t even stop to think, she let one of her balled up fists fly. She broke Xander’s nose with a satisfying crunch.

“I hardly think she’s worthless, mate,” a steely voice rang out.



Really, thank you for the reviews, they've mostly been completely supportive and none have been flaming. And remember to review for all the authors you read, because it makes us happy enough to write more Spuffy...or Spilfy!