Buffy woke up slowly, groggy and disoriented. She was sandwiched between two hard bodies that were sleeping like the dead. There was nothing better than waking up, warm and cozy between her two favorite people, while the afternoon sun was gently warming their room.

Wait. Afternoon sun? Buffy shot up, looking at her clock. 2:37.

“Shit!” Buffy scrambled over the prone bodies, tripping and falling on the floor with a thud. She quickly stripped off her clothes, trying to find something suitable. She was supposed to be at the dojo at 11! “Goddamn it!” she swore as she tripped over a pair of shoes.

“Whassat?” Will asked, struggling to clear the sleep fog out of his head.

“I’m late! It’s 2:30, I was supposed to be at work hours ago!”

“Buffy.”

“Faith’s gonna kill me, I can’t believe the phone hasn’t been ringing off the hook! God, I’m in so much trouble!”

“Pet—“

“Why didn’t the alarm go off?” Buffy was suddenly yanked off of her feet and back onto the bed, where Spike had simply gone back to sleep during her tirade. Will pinned her to the bed, his hair mussed and his eyes still filled with sleep.

“Luv, we called Faith last night an’ got you the day off. You’re also not going to the movie with Anya tonight…you’re ours. Until tomorrow morning. So shut up and get back in here.” Will let her go, promptly turned over, spooning against Spike, and worked on getting back to sleep. Buffy ogled at them, processing what Will had said.

“But…why?” She had to smile when Will groaned in irritation.

“Because we wanted to. Now get some more sleep you irritatin’ bint!” he commanded. After a few minutes, Buffy decided that she could do with a little more sleep and crawled back into bed, curling into Will. Questions could wait until later.

***

Buffy woke up to something that smelled absolutely mouth watering. She stretched, sprawled across the entire bed. She enjoyed these few minutes to herself, thinking to how wonderful her life was turning out to be. Times like these made all of the struggles worth it. Rejuvenated, she bounded out of bed in search of…her first meal of the day. She stopped when she saw her family gathered around the kitchen table, deep in conversation. Andrew was nodding enthusiastically, and Dawn looked pleased as punch. Spike noticed her first.

“Hello beautiful. Sleep well?” He pressed kiss to her lips, holding a sizzling pan of something away from them. She nodded, her attention glued to whatever he had simmering in that pan, her stomach rumbling.

They ate a light meal, sitting together and chatting. Buffy got the distinct impression that something was up, but she was having way too much fun to care much. They hadn’t had a family-style sit down meal together in…wow. It had been ages, now that she thought about it.

“So why did you cancel my night with Anya?” Buffy asked during a lull in the conversation. She noted when everyone seemed to freeze. So she was out of the loop on something. Spike and Will traded nervous glances.

“Well, pet…we may have forgotten to tell you about something,” Spike hedged with a brilliantly innocent smile that Buffy immediately distrusted.

“Really?”

“Yep. We might have gotten invited to dinner,” Will added.

“Really.”

“Um…yes?”

“What kind of dinner?” They exchanged glances again, making Buffy even more suspicious.

“A…kind of nice one,” Spike admitted. Buffy arched an eyebrow.

“How kind of?”

“Black tie?” Will said in a small voice, cringing a little from the steely glare Buffy was directing at him.

“And you just thought to tell me…now?”

“It may have slipped our minds,” Will admitted.

“What minds?”

“We may have deserved that,” Spike conceded.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you get dressed Buffy. Just like last night,” Dawn offered helpfully, tamping down her smile.

“When do we have to be there?” Buffy asked, dreading the answer. What else did they ‘forget’ to tell her? There went those glances again.

“Nine?” Will asked in a small voice. Buffy glanced at the clock. It was 5:45 now; that gave her somewhere in the vicinity of two hours, maybe two and a half if she stretched it. Yep, she was going to kill them.

“Dawnie, we’ve got some serious getting ready to do. Now.”

“Yes ma’am!” Dawn saluted, following Buffy out of the room with a wink for her grinning brother figures.

***

Spike and Will were waiting patiently for Buffy to make her appearance, trying to keep the smiles off their faces. They needed to look contrite, or they’d get an earful of Buffy rant on the drive over. Andrew ran into the room, all giddy jumpiness.

“She’s ready! She looks hot! Are you ready? You look great too! Oh, this is so exciting!” Will hissed at the boy to hush as he heard Buffy and Dawn coming down the hall. Andrew sat on the couch, his hands underneath him, still bouncing up and down.

Will let out a low whistle as Buffy sashayed into the room, the little black dress she was wearing unbearably enticing.

“You look gorgeous, kitten,” Spike whispered.

“No thanks to you two,” she told them primly. They still weren’t out of the dog house yet!

“We’re sorry love. We promise to give you two days notice in the future,” Will swore, giving her his best kicked puppy look. Despite herself, Buffy laughed at them, waving them out the door in a scene reminiscent of the night before. If they weren’t careful, someone might just be able to accuse them all of having a social life.

“These had better be some important clients!” Buffy told them, climbing into the car.

“The most important,” Spike assured her, taking his turn behind the wheel.

***

They pulled up to some expensive apartments, the kind that really didn’t come cheap or easy. They were in high demand and you really had to know someone to get one, so these had to be important people.

“Ready, Goldilocks?” Spike asked with a grin, gallantly offering her his arm. Will offered her his other, and they walked arm-in-arm, into the complex. They stopped at a door, where Will and Spike each took one of Buffy’s hands.

“We love you,” they said in unison, huge smiles on their faces. Buffy blinked, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

“Um…I love you, too,” Buffy assured them, trying to read their expressions. They just grinned at her and turned back to the door, still holding her hands. Spike grabbed the doorknob and pushed the door open with a smile.

“Um, shouldn’t we knock or something?” Buffy asked with confusion. Will and Spike’s grins never faltered, and they just tugged her over the threshold and into a large room. Buffy gasped at what she saw.

There were candles on just about every surface, and rose petals scattered across the hard wood floors. Pictures of them, of Dawn and Andrew and Cainna, and of all of their friends, were pinned to the walls, a collage of their life together. It was beautiful, and the glow from the candles made Will and Spike look almost angelic.

“What…what is this?”

“This, Buffy Anne Summers, is for you,” Will said, going down on one knee. Buffy’s eyes widened, her breath catching in her throat.

“We want to give you the world, luv,” Spike said, sinking down beside his brother. Buffy felt the tears stinging her eyes, threatening to spill and ruin her make up…which was really such a ridiculous thing to be worried about right now.

“But since that’s going to take a little while,” Will continued with a grin…

“We’ll have to start with this apartment and the rest of our lives,” Spike finished.

“Will you marry us?” they asked in perfect unison.

“Nothing could possibly make me happier!” Buffy gasped, the tears finally making it out. She was slightly mollified to see tears in both of her Twinlet’s eyes, as they rose and embraced her. She raised her hand to wipe away a tear, and she laughed as she realized Will had slipped a ring onto her left hand without her realizing.

It was beautiful, sparkling in the candle light. It was a shared setting ring, a row of high quality diamonds set in a silver band. A ring where the beauty was in the craftsmanship, not in the size of the diamond; very much something Will would choose.

She gasped as she caught the ring Spike had placed on her right hand, sparking merrily away. It was a bit flashier than Will’s, but no less tasteful. A brilliant-cut diamond glistened between a couple of cobalt pear-cut sapphires. The blue reminded her of their eyes, darkened with lust. It was perfect. They were perfect. This…this was perfect. So she told them so, giving them each a deep kiss.

“Thank you,” she told them; and she knew they’d understand. She was thinking them for being there for her, for waiting for her, for pushing her, for letting her be her regardless…and for just being them.

“We love you so much, Buffy,” Spike said, choking on his emotions. Buffy kissed him again, pulling away when air became an issue. As she caught her breath, she heard an unusual sound. She glanced off towards the right and was surprised to see someone else in the room.

“Oops! Busted!” the figure said, coming out of the shadows. Buffy’s eyes widened when she saw the high-powered camera in the woman’s hands, realizing that the sound she’d heard had been that of a shutter falling.

“Pet, we’d like to introduce you to Samantha ‘Sam’ Rothschilde. She’s an old friend, a very well known photographer, and potential landlady.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Buffy. I’ve been hearing so much about you!” Sam said with a smile. “It’s about time these two found someone worthy of them.” Buffy blushed at the implied compliment, and briefly wondered just how many more friends Spike and Will had. If these were the surprises she could look forward to, she hoped there were many, many more.

“Thanks. Hopefully I’ll be hearing more about you, now that they’ve surprised me!” Sam threw back her head and laughed heartily.

“I like her! Enough fire to deal with both of you!” she said with a wink. Spike stuck his tongue out at the ginger bint, as he affectionately called her, and wrapped his arms around Buffy. “I hope you don’t mind a perfect stranger witnessing that…but I could make up for it with some reaction pictures for posterity’s sake?” Buffy gasped, tears springing to her eyes…again. She just nodded, totally incapable of speech at the moment, as Sam began scrolling through her pictures.

“Pet, Sam’s moving out of this apartment, and she’s given up first pick if we want it. We brought Dawn and Andrew by here and they’ve given it their seal of approval. All that’s left is for you to say go.”

“Give me the grand tour?” Buffy asked with a smile. “Let’s start with the bedroom!”

Spike cheered, practically bouncing towards the hall. Sam laughed again, shaking her mass of red curls.

“That’s the first thing they asked to see when I gave them their tour,” Sam told Buffy conspiratorially. “Great minds must think alike!”

***

Buffy couldn’t keep the smile off her face as they drove home from their new house. She felt giddy just thinking about it. They were moving into a fantastic new apartment, with loads of space, and she was freakin’ engaged! How cool was that? She admired her pair of rings, sparkling away. Why, exactly, did people from upon threesomes? After all, who else got two gorgeous engagement rings from two gorgeous men? She couldn’t wait to get home and tell everyone. Sadly, little black dresses didn’t leave much room for a cell phone. And she had pictures! Taken by a well known professional photographer! Pictures of the actual question, her reaction, the set up…

“Wait…when did you two do that?” she asked suspiciously.

“Do what, luv?” Will asked off handedly.

“That. The whole set up?”

“Last night, after you fell asleep. Snuck off; Sam was nice enough to put most of it up for us. Didn’t want to get caught,” he answered, flashing her a grin.

“You two know you’re totally getting some tonight, don’t you?”

“Oh yeah.”

Buffy almost ran up the stairs, eager to show Andrew and Dawn her new engagement rings. She was pretty sure they were in on the whole thing, or at least part of it, but she wasn’t prepared for what awaited her when she opened the door. Neither were Spike and Will.


A/N: Now who hates Sam? Don't you just feel so bad for hating on her now? For shame! ;)