“A classic transformer’s shirt!” Andrew exclaimed with delight. Snuggled between Spike and Will, Buffy watched as Andrew and Dawn excitedly tore into their gifts, paper and tissue flying everywhere. Their giant tree sparkled in their ‘new’ home. Buffy smiled as she thought back to that day.

Buffy had decided that she wanted to increase her endurance (not for the reasons Faith smirkingly assumed), so she’d taken to bicycling everywhere—including the dojo on days when they closed early. She was just getting ready to cycle home when Spike and Will pulled up, Andrew and Dawn looking eager in the back seat.

“Hop in, pet!” Spike said with a grin, holding the door open for her. Andrew crawled into the very back as Buffy settled in, leaving her bike just inside the dojo.

“So…what’s going on?” she asked suspiciously. Will grinned back at her in the rearview mirror.

“We’re going Christmas tree shopping!” Andrew announced with glee, practically bouncing in his seat.

“Really?” Buffy wondered why Will and Spike hadn’t talked to her beforehand—not that she had any objections.

“Andrew’s never been before, luv,” Will answered her unspoken questions. Buffy’s eye widened at the implications of that. Will’s look told her everything she needed to know about the conversation that must have taken place. Andrew didn’t talk about his former family much; most of what they knew about them had been gleaned from things Andrew said…or experiences he’s never had.

“Well alright then! Let’s go get a tree!”

***

“Ooooohhhh, what about this one?” Dawn asked impishly. Buffy gawked at the monstrosity. The thing was huge. And bushy. And hugely bushy.

“I think that may be a tad…ambitious, Nibbblet,” Spike hedged, eyeing the massive plant.

“It’s a most glorious tree though,” Andrew said with a comforting pat on Dawn’s shoulder. Dawn quickly recovered, marching Andrew and Cainna through the forest of cut trees in search of the perfect one, leaving Buffy and Spike alone since Will was off parking the car. Buffy grinned as Spike (predictably) began nibbling at her ear, his body pressed intimately against her.

“The trees are making me horny, pet,” Spike whispered. Buffy laughed out loud, her entire body shaking.

“The TREES are making you horny?”

“Well…yeah. They’re all phallic and…erect,” Spike said with a smirk, his hand sneaking into the waistband of Buffy’s pants. Buffy interrupted the devious appendage, fixing Spike with an outraged look.

“Spike! We’re in a public place!” she hissed.

“So? ‘snot like it’s the first time,” Spike said, waggling his eyebrows. Buffy flushed at the memory, her body heat rising.

“There are kids!” she protested weakly, her fortitude waning. Spike rolled his eyes and removed his hand.

“C’mon.” Spike dragged her to a side door, quickly slipping through and letting the door click shut behind them.

“What are—“ Buffy found herself pressed against the wall of the building, Spike’s mouth covering hers and swallowing her words. His hand resumed its former position—and then some.

“Spike!” Buffy protested when his mouth left hers to suck at her neck. “Spike!” He smiled as her protest turned into a moan when he found that little spot underneath her ear.

“Shhhh. We’re outside where they keep the extra tress—no kiddies! Fancy a quickie?” Buffy didn’t have time to respond as Spike deftly undid her pants and slid them down far enough to give him access to her heated center. At the first brush of his skilled finger against her clit, Buffy was sold. She kissed him fervently, claiming his mouth with passionate intensity.

It was Spike’s turn to groan when she unzipped him, her devilish hand grabbing his cock. She pumped him, keeping her grip hard and unyielding. Spike felt his control slipping, lost to her touch. Buffy savored reducing her brash, mouthy lover into a wordless, moaning animal. She guided him to her center, never breaking her rhythm, wrapping her legs around his waist as he lifted her up. She brushed the tip of his penis against her clit before moving it to her sopping cunt, teasing him with the promise of bliss. Spike was gasping out pleas, completely at Buffy’s mercy, desperate to feel her velvet heat around him. A dark shadow slipped out the door, eyes boring into the oblivious couple.

Buffy let Spike enter her inch by inch, her grip loosening for mere moments, keeping him from burying himself fully. They both sighed in completion when he slid fully home, taking a moment to collect himself before he made a complete fool of himself. Spike pulled back to look at her, eyes dancing.

“Hard and fast?”

“Fast and hard!”

Buffy scrambled for purchase as Spike surged into her, but found nothing but him to hold onto. She buried her fingers in his hair, pulling against it as he fucked her against the wall, the sounds of her breath gasps and their flesh meeting muffled by the trees around them. Buffy felt every thrust like a bolt of lightening, her body tingling with sensation. She used her grip on Spike’s hair to tilt his head to the side and, timed with his thrusts, bit him hard on the neck, squeezing her vaginal muscles. Spike came instantly with a hoarse shout that Buffy muffled with her hand.

They collapsed to the ground, Buffy still clutching Spike’s softening cock in her warmth. When he could finally talk again, Spike gently resettled Buffy on his lap so he could look at her.

“You minx. What about you?” He said it like an accusation, pouting up at her. Buffy laughed, giving Spike a peck on the lips.

“Not enough time. We’ve got kids to see and trees to buy.” Spike continued to glare at her, looking like a boy who’s had his favorite toy taken away and was about to throw the mother of all temper tantrums. “But you can make it up to me later?” Buffy offered magnanimously. “Over and over again?” Spike smiled at that, apparently mollified for the time being. He bounced up, carefully pulling up and refastening Buffy’s pants before tucking himself back in and escorting her back to the building like the gentleman his father had tried to make him.

As soon as the amorous couple disappeared through the door, Will stepped out of the shadows. He’s come back from the parking lot and been unable to find either of his lovers. Suspicious, he’d concentrated on his brother, which had lead him to the back lot and to his otherwise engaged lovers. He’d watched them, too wrapped up in what they were doing to notice his fairly obvious presence. That sort of behavior just would not do; he’d have to teach them both a lesson in decorum and etiquette.


***

“Oh, an Ipod! With video! Oh man, you’re awesome!” Dawn shrieked, nearly toppling the couch as she tackled Spike.

The three adults had each bought one big present for each of their ‘kids.’ Buffy got Andrew a special edition Star Wars box set (which came with all six movies, a replica Millennium Falcon, actions figures, and a signed script of the first movie—Buffy had searched long and hard for that and was quite pleased with herself). Spike had bought Dawn an Ipod and Will…well, they weren’t sure what Will had gotten Cainna. He’d been all secretive and stealth-boy about it.

“So can I open Cainna’s gift now?” Dawn asked expectantly. Will rummaged through the presents left under the tree—most of which were for their various friends—and pulled out a thick envelope. Buffy glanced questioningly at Spike, who shook his head; he had, for once, absolutely no idea what his brother was up to.

Dawn cautiously opened the envelope, as if afraid to rip anything contained within. She pulled out an official looking cover letter, her mouth dropping open.

“Oh my God.” She looked at Will, as if confirming that what she was reading was real. “This…I don’t…oh my God.” Dawn solemnly embraced Will, trying to fight back her tears.

“What did you do to her?” Spike asked suspiciously. Dawn, still wrapped around Will, handed them the envelope and letter. Buffy gasped as she read the paper. Will had set up a trust fund for Cainna, starting with $50,000, to pay for her college and be released to her on her 25th birthday. Over the next eighteen years, the money would sit in a high-yield account accruing interest. Cainna would have enough money to go to college and grad school without worry—especially if something were to happen to Dawn or the other adults. Buffy promptly got up and kissed the daylights out of Will.

***

They had Christmas lunch together as a family, just the six of them. But dinner…dinner was a chaotic affair at Lorne’s apartment, with all of the major players in attendance. Cordelia and Doyle even made an appearance with their son, Allen. The pair had spent the majority of the year in Ireland visiting Doyle’s side of the family and showing little Allen around. Cordelia had been shocked at how much she’d missed, listening with horror as Buffy, Dawn and Andrew told her about their run in with the cult and subsequent rescue.

Alex and Cordy had, after a rough start, decided they really liked each other and were discussing the ins and outs of the movie business; Cordelia walked away with a casting appointment.

It was late by the time the family made it home, Cainna fussing and more than ready for bed. They said their good nights, heading off to their respective bedrooms. Buffy, Will, and Spike were eager to exchange their big gifts.

“I’m going last,” Buffy announced, looking expectantly at her Twinlets. They simply shrugged and played a quick game of rock paper scissors to see who went first. Spike won and disappeared to retrieve his gifts.

Spike handed Will a neatly wrapped box, his eyes lingering on the gift as if he were nervous or undecided before darting away. Will, as if sensing this was something unusually important, delicately opened the box. He gasped sharply at what he saw, and Buffy was startled to see tears in his eyes. Will gingerly ran his fingers over whatever was in the box. They looked at each other with deep emotion that spoke of some past incident. Will pulled Spike in for a lingering kiss that left Buffy breathless and feeling as though she was an interloper in their moment, looking away from them and their moment.

Her attention was gently pulled back to them when two warm hands twined with her own. Will silently handed her the box. Inside was a framed picture of a very young Will, reading in a window. He was outlined by the light, giving him an ethereal look. The photographer’s care and love for the subject was almost tangible.

“That…that was something long over due,” Will told her softly. She nodded, accepting that they would tell her in time. Spike kissed her cheek as he handed her her gift. Buffy ripped the paper open, wanting to alleviate some of the emotion in the room, squealing in delight.

She was holding two photo albums in her hands. She scanned through them, grinning with each new picture. Spike had gone through the thousands of pictures on her computer and printed and organized them into two albums—one of which was just their family—something she’d been talking about doing for ages. She tanked him with a wet kiss.

“My turn!” Will announced. Buffy and Spike watched with amusement as Will disappeared under their bed, playfully bouncing up and down until they heard a muffled “Oi!” of protest. A hassled-looking twin grumpily forked over his two gifts, muttering about ungrateful lovers as they laughed at him.

Buffy was awed by her gift. A poem was beautifully drawn on a piece of parchment, each word visually represented. The painting had its own flow, its own look, surpassing mere words and images.

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed.
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,

So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Images which she associated with her lovers and their life together twined through Shakespeare’s words. It was beautiful and perfect. She shared a lingering kiss with Will, before turning her attention to Spike, who was simply staring at the unwrapped box his gift was in.

“Need some help?” Buffy asked impatiently. Spike shot her a glare and then fixed Will with a look that Buffy always associated with their creepy twin powers—like those times when they knew where the other one was, or what they were doing or thinking.

“You didn't,” Spike said, eyeballing his brother. Will just grinned and gestured to the box. Spike narrowed his eyes and opened it, pulling out a small square of paper. Buffy could see some sort of drawing on it. “You did.”

“I…don’t get it,” Buffy said, scrunching her nose. With a grin, Spike tackled his unresisting brother, who laid passively on the bed with a smirk on his face as Spike pulled his pants down, and Buffy got it.

“Oh my God, you got a tattoo!” She bent over to examine Will’s new tattoo, shiny with protective goop and covered in a sheer plaster. Spike carefully peeled it away and grinned. Will had a small heart with a spike through it tattooed just by his right hipbone. “I suppose this has something to do with Spike’s tattoo?” Buffy asked dryly. Spike had a ‘broken’ heart tattooed on the same spot, a black ‘W’ both holding together the two sides and creating the rift. All either of them would say when she quizzed them about it was that they had gone through a rough patch at one point.

“Maybe,” Will conceded with a grin. He pulled Spike to his chest, holding him there. “But it’s your turn!” Buffy arched her eyebrow, clearly stating that this discussion was far from over, before turning to her nightstand and withdrawing two identical boxes. They tore into them with gleeful abandon.

“Oh Buffy,” Will breathed, overwhelmed with her gift. She had given them both a gold ring made of three bands. The rings would only fit properly if the bands were properly entwined, and were sized to fit the ring fingers of their left hands.

“Turn them over,” she commanded softly. They did as she commanded. Each of their names were etched into one of the bands, forming a continuous line.

“Buffy, love,” Spike murmured, unable to actually articulate what he wanted to say. “I love you.” It seemed so inadequate at the moment, compared to what he was feeling so intensely.

“Good. Because I have one more present for both of you,” she said, “but you’ll have to share.” They smiled impishly at her, desire swimming in their eyes.

“I think we can manage that,” Will said, reaching for her. Buffy smiled, but evaded his grasp.

“I’m pregnant.”

Not the end, but An End.


A/N: First off, a huge thank you to whoever nominated Check Mate at the Spark and Burn Awards, and me for best author. Just needed to be said :) It makes my heart warm.

So that's the last official chapter; there will be one more 'wrap up' chapter that will go through a few of the highlights of their life together. Not to mention quite a few stories that will answer any little questions that this chapter might raise ;)

And I'm thinking about writing a pre-Buffy story that leads up to the Twinlets finding her as a roommate. Obviously, you'd have to stop by my site for that story, but I do have a mailing list now, so you'd get updates in your inbox...

I think that's it. Thanks for reading, and be on the look out for some of those one-shots.