Author's Chapter Notes:
just my go at a sweet lil chap as an apology for not being around much, once i get settled into school things (updates) should pick up!!! If anyone is reading Leap or was, the final chap should be posted within a week or so of this one....
xxx
Hi everyone, I am so so very sorry that it has been this long since my last update but after I lost Cosmo (my dog) I just really wasn’t into it. Then I started school and im learning 2 new languages, im swamped in other words and I hope you can all forgive me. I don’t know when the next update will be after this but it should be within a week or two, thanx to everyone for the support they gave after Cosmo and for the reviews. Pulchra, maybe the last chap does need to be edited but I just don’t have the time right now, sorry if it wasn’t up to par for you...hope this one is, love you all xxx


Oz and Willow held hands while they walked along the beach. Their first official date...well, double date to be precise he remembered when he heard the sounds of his friend laughing a few feet away. Truth be told he’d never seen Buffy this happy in a relationship, and he was happy for her.

He looked at the red head next to him and flashed her a smile, causing her to blush.

“Remember that Halloween you went as an Eskimo?” he asked her out of the blue.

She blushed even deeper at that and he laughed.

“Ya, dorky huh?” she answered with a small smile.

“No” he said although much too quickly and ran a hand through his hair. “Well ya, but it was adorable, I thought you we’re the cutest one at the Bronze.”

Willow looked up shocked, “Really?”

He nodded his head ‘yes’, “It takes someone special to pull that off” he added.

She stopped in her tracks and smiled at him, he couldn’t help but smile back when she replied, “It takes someone special to notice”


Not too far behind them there was a different kind of moment happening as Spike, fully clothed, shot Buffy over his back and walked waist high into the gently moving water.

“What was that about me being scared of the water pet?” he said with an evil but loving glint in his eyes.

Buffy was practically shrieking at this point “Let me down I was joking I swear to god I’ll-.”

She lost all ability to speak as she landed in the water, when she stood she was gaping openmouthed at the man in front of her
“YOU ASSHOLE” she yelled with a smile.

He raised his hands in self defense and tried to hug her but she kept moving away. Spike put on his best puppy dog face ‘But baby, you said ‘put me down’ and I did because I would do anything for you’.

Buffy couldn’t help it and burst out laughing as she chased him through the water, they we’re laughing like children and both knew that it would never be this good with someone else. When she finally caught him she knocked him over and he splashed around like a three year old taking a bath. When they trudged back to dry land Willow and Oz we’re there waiting with towels.

Buffy took one gratefully and began to dry her hair while Spike came up from behind her and pulled her into a hug.

“How’d you know we’d need these Red?” Spike asked his friend.

She rolled her eyes, “Have you forgotten this isn’t the first time I’ve gone to the beach with you?”

He laughed at that and when she turned to Oz and said “I swear it’s getting so that I can’t take him anywhere anymore” he laughed even harder.

He placed a soft kiss on Buffy’s forehead as he took the still dry towel in his hands and wrapped it around her body.

“You’re gonna get cold” she tried to protest but was silenced by him kissing her. When he pulled away he put his forehead to hers, “Nope, I’m actually kinda’ hot now” he said with a smirk and she swatted him playfully, then nodded her head towards the couple in front of them. She grabbed her bag and pulled out her camera, trapping forever a moment neither would ever forget, their very first kiss.

Oz would kill her for sure but Buffy had to show him how good they looked together. Noticing Spike’s forlorn look she put the camera away and took his hand, leaving the new couple to themselves as they walked slowly in the oppsosite direction.


“Spike?”

“Ya pet?”

“If anything bad should ever happen between us lets make a vow”

“Nothing bad’s gonna’ happen sweetheart” he said in a soft tone.

She smiled at that, “Ya, well sometimes things happen that you can’t do anything about, so can we make the vow or not?”

“Of course, what is it?”

“Well if anything should happen I want us to meet here on my 25th birthday”

He raised his eyebrow, “You’re serious, you really think we need to make a vow to stay in touch? I can’t promise you’ll always want to be with me Buffy, or that you’ll always be mine, that’s your choice, but I can promise that I’ll never stop loving you no matter what.” he said as he cupped her face in his hand. He wasn’t embarrassed that it had slipped out, nor did he regret it, in fact he felt amazing. It was as if he’d been holding his breath these past two weeks with her and know he’d finally exhaled.

She blinked surprised, “You love me?”

“Don’t play dumb Summers, you know I do” he whispered and looked into her eyes. She was so old for someone her age, knew too much about all the bad in the world and not enough about the good, but he would change all that. On his mother’s head, he would change all that. He was ripped from his thoughts when she lunged into his arms and kissed him hard. It felt good to get it off his chest. He loved her and know she knew, know nothing could go wrong.










Well sorry it’s short guys just wanted to update a lil bit for you, some of you may like it, some may not, either way I’d appreciate a comment. IF I have time and there are many of you who disapprove ill try to rewrite it but like I said im swamped with school work guys. I love you all and hope you’re all doing great, I wish I had more time to write for you guys...

XXX
Linz