Hey all, I know this is gonna come as a shock but it hit me out of nowhere and since I don’t have much time to write lately this story is almost done. Its been up for a while now and its time to wrap it up, its gonna be unexpected but I hope you all like it anyway.

Okay I got a lot of badness from this one, im sorry I thought it was made clear she was in a coma but it seems not everyone got that, so I added the words ‘in a coma’ so that it may be a little easier to understand. There was no in between, whats happened since the night she sung the song for him at the bronze is just a dream while she’s in the coma. So I hope that helped clear things up, for those of you who still don’t like it im sorry but this is how I wanted it and I hope the end will change your minds. Sometimes its hard for me to remember that what I think is explained well enough isnt because in my head the story is already done, I guess I fill in the blanks because I know what they are and forget to let you guys in on it. So again im really sorry...




Spike sat there with his head in his hands sobbing for the third time that day. Today was the day. She was going to be 25 today and she’d never get a day older, never age a moment past today, never open her eyes one last time to see the world and the people in it. She’d never be his though he would always belong to her. He had read all her songs, spent hours looking at the pictures that filled her room, spoken for years with her mother learning everything he could.

He was 26 now and today a part of him would die with her. He could still remember that day with so much painful vividness it made him fight the urge to vomit.

***

You don’t spike or even gel your hair
If it’s not graded then you don’t care
I see you study every book you see
What would it take for you to study me?

Hey you with your shy guy smile
Tell me im yours and hold me for awhile


Hey you with your shy guy smile
Do you think that I could be your style?



Spike bit his lip and listened as the music faded out to nothing, Buffy opened her eyes and looked right at him.

He was about to turn and walk out, the fact that she’d sung the song about him overwhelming at the moment, he’d needed some air. His girl liked him, it was something that suffocated his very being. Before he could he heard it. The screams, the angry yell of ‘whore’ and the absolute silence of everything else as his mind turned away all sound and the world went in slow motion.

He ran as hard as he could but was not even close enough to save her, not even close enough to stop her fall.
By the time he got to her she was lying there, eyes open staring blankly at the ceiling. He started to shake uncontrollably at the sight of her unseeing eyes. It was the single most disturbing thing he’d ever seen. He knew Oz was there, felt it somehow, knew that it would be okay to leave her body for a minute. He didn’t know how much time had passed, 30 seconds or 30 hours, none of it was real, it couldn’t be.

He stood up and rolled his shoulders, aiming a look at the man who had done this. Angel stood there with a soft smile on his face, chest heaving, hands fisted. It wasn’t the smile or even the fact that he had done what he had that drove Spike to do what he did next. It was the satisfaction in the sick fuck’s eyes. He had pushed Buffy off the stage, hadn't even flinched when her head had made the sickening crunch when it landed on the floor.

He didn’t know how he had gotten Angel down, or how long he had been hitting him when someone ripped him off the now limp body. But there he was, broken and bleeding beyond repair, his eyes just as unseeing as Buffy’s. This was justice in it’s only ugly form and he felt no remorse as the cuffs were clamped around his wrists.

He looked at Oz who only nodded his head in thanks, there was no fear or disgust in her best friends eyes, only gratitude. He noticed the rising of Buffy’s chest, she was still alive, thank god.

***

Spike wiped the tears from his eyes and breathed deeply. He’d almost killed for this girl and not once had he ever looked back with regret. Well, that wasn’t completely true. He regretted the fact that Angel was still alive, still breathing wether or not it was in some dank prison in the middle of nowhere. It wasn’t fair that he had sentenced Buffy to a death years ahead of her time and still got to wake up to a sun that this girl would never see again.

No one had pressed charges against him for the brutal beating he’d dealt out that night, in fact from what he’d heard from his lawyer several people had come forward to say that it had been in self defence. Angels parents had disowned him on the spot, having known Buffy for several years and loving her as if she was their own. Angel had no one in life now and Spike took some comfort in that knowledge. He would die alone, and he would not end up where Buffy was going, of that he was sure. She’d been in a coma since that night, almost eight years ago.

He felt a small hand on his shoulder and looked up to see a tear streaked Joyce. He stood and wrapped her in his arms, whispering ‘I don’t blame you Joyce’ trying to give the elder Summers some peace as she sent her only baby on a journey she would not return from. The older woman wept openly as she clung to the young man who had stayed by her daughters unmoving side all these years.

A doctor interrupted the moment, his voice solemn, “It’s time.”



**** (Buffy’s mind)
Buffy sat with Spike as she blew out the candles on her cake, smiling like a little girl about to get her first doll.

She turned and pressed a kiss to Spike’s lips, I can’t believe I’m 25 already, that we’ve been together this long.” she gushed.

He smiled back and held her close, “Remember that vow we made when we where kids Buffy?”

She giggled, “Ya, why? That was like 8 years ago and nothing happened.”

As soon as she said it there it was, that feeling in the pit of her stomach signalling something was horrifically wrong.

“Come back to me baby, please....you promised Buffy” the tears were spilling down his cheeks as he sunk to his knees and took her hands in his, “PLEASE” he yelled out in agony.

Buffy was sobbing with him now, “baby you’re scaring me, I don’t know what to do. What do you want me to do???” she choked out from between the fear and gut wrenching pain. What was happening?

“Come back to me” he whispered one last time before the world went dark.

***


Joyce watched with a breaking heart as the boy who had become a man in these past years sunk to his knees by her daughters bed and kept sobbing out the words ‘come back to me’. Wether or not her daughter would ever know it she had been a lucky girl.



K, I added some stuff to this chap to try and make it a little less confusing, hope it helped, if it didnt im really sorry but I don’t think I can explain it much better,,,,Linz