Author's Chapter Notes:
as mentioned i know the gift Buffy gets is atrociously fantastical but this fantasy...please dont hit me lol. Ill be posting the final chap to Blisful vengeance this weekend and another chap for leap sometime this week if anyone is interested
First I raise my hands for protection, I know and you know no mother would get their 16 year old girl what Joyce did BUT this is a story and since I’ve wanted a bike since I was 9 and haven’t gotten around to it I figured id let one of the characters in my story live my unfilled dream lol. Plus it adds to the hot factor later....so please no burns, its fantasy :) Hope you like it guys





Buffy read the card attached to the box first.

‘Happy Birthday sweetheart,
I don’t think I ever told you this but I was quite the rebel myself at your age. Nothing could hold me back and one of the things I lived for was riding, until I had you and you became my everything. Now understand you will take lessons and get your license first, you should be able to drive it LEGALLY by next summer, you are not permitted to do any other kind of driving The last thing I need is a heart attack honey. It’s in the garage, go take a look and call me as soon as you can talk (haha)

love always
Mom’


Buffy was breathing in tiny gulps, no fucken’ way her mom had gotten her a bike With shaking hands she opened the box to find a set of brand new keys. She walked out to the garage and flicked on the light.

She sank to her knees slowly, ‘If there is a God, SHE is fucken’ AWESOME’ Buffy thought to herself. There in front of her was a brand new Kawasaki ninja, black and green. Buffy thought she would pass out from the shock of it...and the fact that her mom had left the keys. Buffy tried them in the ignition and sighed, just as she thought; not the right ones. Her mom still knew her so well.

She circled it slowly, her hands gliding over the sleek metal as she passed. She was gonna look so hot riding this thing. She giggled when she pictured showing up to school on it, just in time for the senior prom.

“Oh” she muttered softly when she remembered she and Angel were through. ‘I guess I won’t be going to that now’.

She pulled out her cell and dialed her mom but got no answer, which was really weird...all of this was really weird she realized as an uneasy feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. She had the feeling her mother was holding something back from her. She glanced at her watch and reluctantly went back into the house, she had to call Oz right away. She shoved the worry about her mom to the side, there was nothing that woman had lied to her about in her entire life, why would she start now?




Oz woke up to the ringing of his house line and answered groggily.

“Hello?”

“HOLYSHITOZMYMOMGOTMEABIKE”

Oz lifted himself into a sitting position “Buffy, separate your words”

“MY MOM GOT ME A BIKE”

“Ten speed or eighteen?”

“Try three hundred” she replied excitedly.

As the truth of what she was saying dawned on him a smile lit his face. “Wow, that’s hot”. He may have a huge crush on Willow but he was still male after all.

“Do you have a license?”

“No, but I plan on having a full one by the end of the school year...the lessons will cost a lot but I’ll out it on my dads card” she said happily and Oz laughed.

“Hey Buffy,”

“Ya?”

“Happy birthday, wanna go for lunch?”

Somehow Oz always knew what she needed and she nodded her head, “I’d love to”


They made their plans and Buffy told him she’d pick him up.

“On foot?” he asked worried

She sighed, “Ya dad, on foot”

“I say it cuz’ I care” he replied but she could feel the laughter in his voice.

“Shut up Oz”.

10 minutes later, after all the insults they could throw at each other Buffy headed upstairs to change with a smile on her face.



William walked around the mall in a daze, what did you get a girl you didn’t really know? No, that wasn’t right, his heart knew her. Knew it pumped his blood faster when he saw her, knew it skipped a beat when he caught a hint of her perfume. So the question was actually ‘what do you get a girl whose got your heart?’. He sighed and pulled out his cell phone.

“Hey Will it’s Will” he said and realized how absurd it sounded.

“Hey William, what’s up?” the red head asked.

“I need your help, can you get to the mall a.s.a.p? I’ll explain it to you in person.”

Willow agreed and took off to help her best friend, well one of them, she couldn’t forget her goofy Xander.



Willow got to the mall in record time, 7 minutes. Out of breath and looking for her friend at the food court where he’d said he’d meet her her eyes narrowed. It wasn’t like him to be late.

“Hey Will, bloody hell you got here fast.”

Willow smiled at the sound of Williams voice, he wasn’t late so there was no reason to be freaked out. She turned around and went to say ‘hi’ back but stood there in shock instead, so there WAS a reason to be a little freaked out!

“Willow?” William asked with a smile.

“Holy shit!”

William stepped back, not once in his entire friendship with this girl had he EVER heard her curse.

“You okay?” Now he was worried, did she not like his look?

“Xander told me you’d changed a few things but Jesus Will, I never thought he meant THIS” she replied waving her arms frantically in front of him.

“You don’t like it then?” he asked, his smile turning quickly into a frown.

She managed to stand still for a moment and check him out from head to toe. She raised her eyes a few times, ‘hmmm’-ed quite a bit and bit her lip in concentration.

“Come on Willow” William whined, waiting for her to tell him how bad she thought he looked.

Laughing out loud at his impatience she took his hand in hers, “You’re definitely of the studly” she finally answered.

William beamed proudly.

“Don’t let it go to your head” she said with an eye roll, effectively diminishing the cocky ‘beam’ and bringing it down to a soft smile.

“Thanks Will”

She nodded, “So what’s the emergency anyway William? You had me scared on the phone.”

He ran his hand over his slicked back hair and sighed. “It’s about a girl.”

Willow nodded, she figured somehow it would have something to do with a certain Buffy Summers.

“What do you buy one?”

Willow cracked up and took him by his arm as she began to lead him to a shop she knew would have some things Buffy would like.

“First off William, we have names. Mine for example is Willow, the girl in question’s is Buffy, you don’t call us ‘one’. We’re not animals.”

William turned beet red as the lecture continued while he was being dragged across the first floor of the mall.









Buffy got to Oz’s house and rang the bell, waiting impatiently during the whole three seconds it took him to answer.

Oz laughed when he saw her scowl, “Sorry to keep you waiting princess, you have time to come in for a second?”

Buffy’s face softened into a smile, “Sure thing. What’s up?”

“I wanted to give you your gift.”

Buffy squealed like a little girl, “Oz you didn’t have to!”
“I know, that’s why I enjoyed doing it.” he said giving her an out of character hug.

He brought her into the living room, “Sit down!” he ordered.

“Yes sir” she answered with a mock salute.

Shaking his head and smiling he headed upstairs to grab her present. On the couch next to her was a rough copy of the song he was working on, Willow was a lucky girl even if she didn’t know it.


She thought about the song she’d be singing tonight and prayed to god no one would know who she was talking about, especially who it was written for. Oz had made great music to go with it and helped her figure out the way it should be sung. Only he knew who it was about though she’d never told him. In all honesty she would never have to because he knew her better than anyone else in the world. He watched instead of asking questions. She knew he’d seen the way she looked at William and that was enough for him, when she wanted to talk about it she would. That’s what was so amazing about him, he gave you all the time in the world without any pressure.

The sound of Oz coming back into the room interrupted her thoughts and for the second time that day her eyes popped.

“Oh my god Oz, that’s beautiful” she whispered looking at the silver cross and chain he was holding out. She stood and lifted her hair so he could put it on her.

“Glad you like it”

“I more than like it Oz, it’s incredible. It’s been so weird since I lost my other one, almost like my neck was naked somehow.” she admitted.

He smiled, “Time for lunch?”

“Sure thing, and thank you so much.”

“My pleasure Buffy.”

She beamed at him, she could never ask for a better friend in the world.









“I don’t know Willow, isn’t this a pretty risky gift?”

She rolled her eyes when he asked the same question for the third time.

“No, it isn’t! I think it’s perfect.”

“What if she already has one?”

“Then she’ll have two, if it’s from a different person what does it matter anyway?”

He sighed and paid the bill, crossing his fingers that what Willow had helped him choose wasn’t too personal.







Willow and William walked to the food court, hungry after the shopping excursion. Suddenly Willow turned a deep shade of red and stopped walking.

William followed her stare and smiled.

“Hey isn’t that Oz, he’s in your chem class right?”

She nodded mutely.

“Why don’t we go say hi?”

She looked up at him as if he was retarded but he didn’t notice because he’d just noticed the tiny blond beside him.

Putting aside her own fears Willow grabbed his arm and headed in the direction of their stares. He’d done a lot to impress Buffy and she wasn’t gonna let it go to waste. She felt William begin to pull away and did the only thing she could think of to keep him there.

“Oz, how are you?” she practically yelled.

Now they where both screwed she thought with the tiniest hint of an evil smile.

Buffy and Oz smiled and waved, signaling them to join their lunch.

William bent down and whispered, “I don’t know how but I’ll get you back” he growled causing her to giggle.

They sat down at the table and Oz started up the conversation.

“Hey guys, how ya been?”

William smiled shyly and answered quietly “Great, thanks”

Buffy nodded her head and smiled letting Oz and Willow talk, she’d never seen him in action and was curious.

They chatted about school and chem class, report cards....every thing un-romantic you could think of. Finally getting the point (Oz wasn’t gonna talk if there were others around, at least not about anything close to asking for a date) Buffy stood up.

“Hey William, wanna come with me to get some ice cream for everyone?”

William jumped at the chance to be alone with her and they headed off, Oz and Willow calling out their thanks and their orders.



Oz watched Buffy and William leave silently thanking them before turning around to face Willow again.

“So this is how it’s gonna go. I’m gonna ask you out and it would help a lot if I had a heads up for a possible rejection before I do.”

Willow blushed and Oz held in his smile, god she was adorable.

“Well, I’d say yes if it helps” she answered softly.

He gave a nod, “Will you go out with me tonight?”

Willow smacked her head, “God I can’t”

“Well I didn’t see that coming” he said half-heartedly trying to joke about it.

“No it’s just I promised Will and Xander I’d go to the Bronze with them tonight” she blurted out so fast he had to laugh.

“Well, I’m playing there tonight but I should be done around 10, maybe I could hang out with you and yours?”

“That would be amazing” she said with a bright smile.

“Ya, it would.” he answered and looked into her eyes, surprised when she didn’t look away. He could lose himself to this girl he thought and realized he liked the idea of it.


Buffy and William were taking their sweet time getting to the Ben and Jerry’s, both knew they were doing it but neither one knew the other was doing the same thing.

“So what brought on the new look?” Buffy asked out of curiosity.

Spike smiled down at her, he wasn’t tall but he was taller than her and he liked it.

“Well I was tired of being called a geek and a dork and all those other things you call someone with a brain.

“You shouldn’t care what others think of you, it gives you a complex”

William heard the sincerity that only comes with experience in her voice but decided not to push, she’d tell him if she wanted too.

“I never thought you looked dorky” she admitted and he stopped dead in his tracks.

Buffy couldn’t believe that she was being so open with him, then again she couldn’t believe she’d gotten a bike, maybe this was all a dream...

“Really?” he asked still in shock.

She stopped and looked up at him, “Really. I thought you were cute...are cute...”

William watched with a mix of awe and amusement on his face while she rambled on and turned red.

He touched her hand, “S’okay pet, I get what you mean.”

She stopped talking and smiled. “Thanks for stopping my babble, once I get started it could go on until the apocalypse...or cause it, I’m not sure.”

He laughed at that and they started walking again.

“People talk about me too, they don’t use the word dorky or geek but they use others. Trash, slut, whore. I’ve never even slept with anyone but they still think I get around because I look different.”

Williams breath caught in his throat, she’d never slept with Angel? Or anyone? He vowed right then and there he would die to be her first and last.

“Happy Birthday Buffy” he blurted out randomly and she smiled widely.

“Wow, I can’t believe you knew that! Thanks William.”

He smiled and ducked his head shyly, pulling the gift for her out of his pocket.

“Here you go, I hope you like it” he mumbled softly handing the box to her.


She gaped at him. Until this morning she hadn’t even known he knew her name, let alone her birthday. And now he was giving her a gift? The universe was definitely in her corner today.

She opened the box and looked at him with wide eyes.

‘Bloody hell it’s too much’ he thought and wished he could crawl under a rock.

“William I don’t know what to say.”

“I know we don’t really know each other, but we go to the same school and I thought we could at least be friends ya’ know?”

Buffy’s heart sank. So he wanted to be friends, he’d probably found out she’d had a crush on him and was trying to be nice about it so as not to hurt her. And here she’d thought she’d kept her feelings well hidden.

She nodded her head, “Friends is good” she managed to choke out.

He smiled a small smile and held the ring out to put on her finger, it fit perfectly. As upset as she was she had to admire it.

William noticed the other one on the opposite hand and bit his lip, “I wouldn’t have chosen the claddagh if I’d known you already had one” he said, disappointment evident in his voice.

Buff looked down at her hand and pulled the gold one off, tossing it into the closest trash bin she saw.

“Gold was never my color” she said smiling when his face brightened, not regretting for a second she’d just shot out her 2 year anniversary gift from Angel.

“So I guess you know what the symbols mean?”

“The hands are for friendship, the heart for love and the crown for loyalty” she answered proudly and then added, “so uh, I guess we’re the hands?”

He laughed, “I guess we are”

They ordered their ice cream along with their friends smoothie and banana split and headed back.

‘Hands for now’ Buffy thought to herself, hoping that sooner or later he’d see her in a different light.



Special thanks to cordykitten, Claire, photographyNut, Slaymuch, blondiebear, devin, Michelle, MidnightGirl, daisy, spuffy, maggie, cheekybint, katakata and Crystal Pegasus
*you guys are so amazing, thank you all so much!*

Please let me know what you thought guys, the next chap will be them playing at thebronze, some Buffy and Angel interaction of the bad, some Buffy William interaction of the good....itll be a fun chappy, plus the song Buffy will sing is one i wrote for this fic,,,,im excited to finish it up and post it for you guys