Author's Chapter Notes:
Please let me know what you thought guys and i hope you like the song, keep in mind its a joke and i wrote it for the couple so please be gentle lol
This chap is for katakata, thanx so much for everything, it’s a pleasure knowing your with this story, the chap will be edited later but I did the best I could with the time I had plus I told everyone it would be posted like 2 days ago so I’m in a hurry, if it’s not up to par I’m sorry.
Linz


Buffy hummed to herself as she got ready to play at the Bronze. It had been an interesting day at the very least so far. She had turned sixteen, gotten dumped by Angel, gotten a wickedly outrageous gift from her mother AND had had actual conversations with ‘her’ William. She looked down at her ring and touched the heart on it softly, ‘one day’ she thought to herself. Tonight she was gonna’ sing his song. Not that he would know it was his, he never went there anyway so she wasn’t too stressed out. She’d written it in class one day after hearing someone make fun of him, some chick named Cecily or something. That stupid bitch didn’t know what she was saying half the time, if he ever even said hello to her Buffy would consider the girl graced. She was beneath him. Not that Buffy thought herself his equal but she thought of herself as a decent person at the very least, she doubted Cecily could honestly say the same.

She eyed herself in the mirror, gave herself a wink (she’d seen it in a movie once and thought it was hot) and walked out the door, ready to face the world.



Oz opened his door and raised a brow. “You could raise the dead in that outfit Buffy”

She smiled, “Wow Oz, I think that’s the biggest and nastiest compliment you’ve ever given me.”

“Well it is your birthday” he said dramatically and let her in.

Buffy eyed him wearily, “Why are you smiling? Why are you wearing cologne and why are your clothes of the non-ripped variety? It’s...creepy, so spill.”

Oz glared at her and rolled his eyes, “I got a date tonight Miss observant”

Buffy squealed and hopped around for a second. “With who, when and where? It better be with Willow mister”

“It is with Willow, after the show at the Bronze, I’m gonna’ hang out with her and hers.”

Buffy thought she might explode from happiness for her friend, he had a date with the girl of his dreams and her....

“OH MY GOD OZ Did you say her AND her friends?”

“Ya, why?”

She gulped, “William’s gonna be there?”

Oz smiled evilly, “Just in time for your song”

She sat down on the couch and stared into space before looking back at her friend, “I can’t play it with him there” she whispered.

Oz knelt in front of her, “You can and you will. You are one of the most talented people I know Buffy, the song you wrote is hilarious in a funny way and manages to be sweet at the same time. You’re gonna knock em all dead, William too ”

“That’s what I’m afraid of Oz. The song is a joke way of telling him how I feel, what if he figures it out or worse takes offense?”

“He won’t take offense, no one will. It’s a fun, carefree song, so stop worrying. Maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.”

Buffy raised her brow at him, “Can’t we just change what we’re playing, it’ll only be one song...”

“No, it would take months for Angel to learn a new one Buffy, you know that.”

They both cracked up at that and Buffy decided to stay strong, she’d promised Oz she’d never do anything to hurt the band’s rep and if she bailed their chances were shot.

Oz smiled softly to himself when he saw the look of resolve pass Buffy’s face, she was in and that was good. He’d found out some interesting stuff from Willow while Buffy and William had been going to get the ice cream.

“You ready for this?”

“As I’ll ever be” she said and stood up, forcing herself to relax even though she knew after tonight nothing would be the same, William would probably think she was ridiculous for her crush or worse hate her by misunderstanding the lyrics. Either way, she was screwed, that didn’t mean she’d screw her friend over too though.


Oz wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they headed out of the house and to the Bronze, it was gonna’ be an interesting night.








William looked at Willow when he opened his door and his eyes popped,

“My god Willow you look...”

“Stupid?” she asked as her smile vanished.

“Incredible”

There was her smile again, Xander walked up behind William and had the same reaction only he used a ‘wowza’ to describe her as they all laughed and headed out.

William felt out of place as they walked into the crowded hang out, the music was loud, there wasn’t even room to even get around properly and he was just waiting for someone to make fun of him.

Willow nudged him in the ribs, “You’re getting checked out’ she hissed through her teeth.

William could feel his cheeks redden at the thought. “You’re imagining things” he whispered back.

Willow rolled her eyes, “Tell yourself what you have to...stud”

She’d never seen him turn so red so fast and placed a reassuring hand on his arm, “You look good”

Williams eyes wandered around the club until they fell on the stage where the band was just finishing their set up and his breath caught in his chest.

She was wearing a skull covered corset and he couldn’t help but think how ironic it was that she looked so alive. Her face was flush and she was smiling, her long blonde hair fell in soft curls around her face. She had black eyeliner around both her eyes and normally he would of thought it too much but it was just perfect looking on her. His eyes fell to her pants and he was sure he’d just suffered a minor heart attack. Black, skintight leather pants accentuated her every curve and heels that could impale a man while he stood there helpless to the sensual attacker. She wasn’t only a goddess, she was the devil itself.


The band started up and before he knew it they had played three songs. The crowd cheered as they told everyone they’d be back in five. William watched as Buffy and Oz headed towards the bar and couldn’t stop his feet from following.

William looked up to see Willow right in front of him.

“Oz you where amazing” she gushed.

William noticed Oz blush slightly and decided he liked this guy, he was definately Willow worthy.

He turned his attention away from the two of them and gazed at Buffy who was staring idly at the floor.

“Hey Buffy”

She looked up and smiled, “Hey you.”

“You guys are great”

“Thank you”

“Are you okay?” She seemed more distant than she had this afternoon, he wondered for a second if he’d done something to upset her but noticed she was still wearing the ring.

“Right now I’m fine, in about two seconds I won’t be.”

He cocked his head, “And why is that pet?” ‘Did I just call her pet?’

She smiled, he’d used a pet name...literally; and he looked out of this world. A white wife-beater and black cargo pants, a silver chain and matching bracelet and his hair all slicked back. The tightness of the top only went to show you that YES, he did indeed have abs underneath the fabric. Buffy wished she could touch his skin before she was pulled out of her thoughts.

“I think I lost you for a second” William said, trying to make her smile.

“Sorry, I kinda’ lost focus” ‘Great Buffy, act even more moronic than you usually do around him’

“I asked why you won’t be fine” he repeated for her with a gentle smile.

She sighed, why not just spill it.

“Because I’m about to sing a song I wrote about a guy.”

“Why’s that bad?”

“Because I just started to get to know him and I’m sure this will blow whatever chance I may have had in any reality this world may have.”

Ouch, she was telling she liked another guy. Well, at least she was talking to him and he really couldn’t have asked for more.

He reached up and brushed the hair from her face, “He’d be an idiot not to appreciate it Buffy.”

“No” she answered with a sad smile, “He’d actually be a genius.” and with that she walked away leaving William confused. He didn’t want to hear her sing about her feelings for another guy but he couldn’t get enough of her voice, he’d stay for the last song and take off to lick his wounds. He hoped that the guy she wrote it about deserved it, and what kind of genius would walk away from her? What had she meant by that?

The music began to play softly at first and then a harder beat kicked in, he noticed Buffy close her eyes before she opened her mouth and prayed that she would get what she wanted, she deserved it. He noticed Angel looking moody while he played his guitar half-heartedly...oh my god, if she was writing about a new guy and Angel was being broody that could only mean....Buffy was single.

FUCK She’d been single for how long? How many times had he missed a chance to ask her out?

‘No chance now mate’ he told himself with a sigh as his eyes returned to the woman who had had him since he’d seen her.

“You wear glasses with your pants pulled high
You live for chess and know the root of pie
You never talk except in class
You’re a grade A student with a grade A ass

Hey you with that shy guy smile
Do you think that we could talk awhile?
I need some help with chemistry
What do I have to mix to get some you and me?

For a smart guy you’re pretty dense
Let me rub your shoulders cuz’ you’re looking tense
Did you believe this was a study date?
Don’t even try to run cuz’ it’s too late

I’m gonna get you
Gonna make you mine
Don’t give a damn
If it takes all my time


Hey you with that shy guy smile
Do you think that we could kiss awhile?
I need some help with history
I plan on making some between you and me

You don’t spike or even gel your hair
If it’s not graded then you don’t care
I see you study every book you see
What would it take for you to study me?

Hey you with your shy guy smile
Tell me im yours and hold me for awhile


Hey you with your shy guy smile
Do you think that I could be your style?



Spike bit his lip and listened as the music faded out to nothing, Buffy opened her eyes and looked right at him. All he could do was gape at her and walk out.



Buffy bit back the tears as she watched him leave, she had totally blown it. The crowd was going crazy and she knew that she should be happy, she was half aware of Oz’s hand on hers but none of it mattered, William had walked away from her.


“You want me to drive you home Buffy?” Oz asked with concern, she wasn’t looking too hot all of a sudden.

“No thanks Oz, I kinda’ feel like walking, I need to be alone for awhile.”

Oz nodded, “Happy birthday Buffy, I love you...platonically” he said with a small smile and another out of character hug.

Buffy smiled back, at least she still had him.

“I love you too Oz, I’ll call you when I wake up okay?”

“I’ll be waiting to hear how your night went.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and smiled, he obviously hadn’t seen William walk out.



Buffy got her purse and headed out. When she stepped outside she noticed how chilly it had gotten and shivered. At least it was only a 20 minute walk home.

All of a sudden she heard a noise behind her and tensed, someone was there. Before she even had the chance to call out for help she was being dragged into a pair of strong arms.

‘Oh my god I’m about to be—kissed senseless?’ she opened her eyes and saw the shocking platinum hair. Pulling away she put her hands to her lips.

“William?”

William stood in front of her in shock, had he really just made the first move with Buffy? After he’d listened to the lyrics there had been no doubt in his mind who the song had been about and without thinking he’d walked outside to get some fresh air. The thought that she had been crushing on him had been too much and he’d almost passed out. Still, he shouldn’t have just leapt out of the shadows at her like that.

“I’m...I’m sorry Buffy, I shouldn’t have done...”

He was cut off before he could even apologize properly and the only thing that came to mind was Buffy’s lips, lips of Buffy, on his very own.

He pulled her in as close as he physically could, one hand went to the back of her head and the other arm snaked around her waist. She bit down on his lip gently and he moaned at the feel of it, his first kiss and with the girl of his dreams at that. He was in heaven. She opened her mouth wider for him and when their tongues met they were lost to the feel of each other. When they finally pulled away for air he rested his forehead on hers and they just stood there looking into the others eyes.

“You’re not upset?” Buffy finally whispered out.

“How could I be upset?” he asked and placed a small kiss to her head.

“You just stormed out after the song, I thought you’d taken it offensively...” she answered quietly.

He nodded his head in a ‘no’, “it was just too much pet, do you have any idea how long I’ve wanted you?”

“No” she breathed out.

“Since before I even saw you, you’re like a dream come true in a world full of nightmares.”

Buffy gasped and looked at him with wide eyes, “All this time and I never knew William, I never thought you would even consider me good enough for you.”

William stood there gaping, how could this angel have thought she wasn’t worthy of him? It was incomprehensible. He shook his head and laughed softly.

“Buffy pet if you only knew how wrong you were.”

“Show me.”

William scrunched his brow, “Show you what kitten?”

‘He has pet names for me’, she mentally squealed. “Show me how wrong I was”

Williams eyes widened with realization and in less then a second his lips were on hers again. Pulling apart between kisses he whispered, “I can get used to this”.

Buffy smiled into the kiss, “I’m planning on it...walk me home?”

He pulled away reluctantly but with the biggest smile she’d ever seen on a face, she guessed her own could give it a run for it’s money.

“Of course I will” he said and took her tiny hand in his own as he led her out of the alley.

Buffy smiled to herself, maybe her mother being away would end up being the best birthday gift after all...





Please let me know what you thought and a great big thanx to:
Crystal Pegasus, Maggie, Katakata, Pam S, Jessica, Kelly, Spufette, blondiebear, Tuesday, ashley-bean (cute lol), MidnightGirl, Ash, PhotographyNut, cordykitten and karen, you guys are kick ass!!!



To be continued my friends, but from here on out they will be a couple, they’ll fight and shag and drive each other crazy but they’ll never be friends now :)