Buffy smiled to herself as she made Spike some pancakes, she couldn’t ask for a better guy. A small frown settled on her features when her mind wandered to what Spike had told her about the fight with Angel. Slipping the now done breakfast onto a plate she dialed the familiar number of her ex.

“Hello?” came the still groggy voice of the man she now despised.

“Hi Angel, it’s Buffy.” she said with venom in her voice.

“Oh, hi”, she could tell he’d just lifted himself into a sitting position on his bed and was now fully alert.

“What the fuck did you think you were doing last night?” she demanded, going straight for the point.

“I uh, wanted to see you baby.”

She growled, she actually growled like an animal, “I am not, nor was I ever, YOUR baby LIAM.”

Angel winced, she only used his real name when she was pissed. He cleared his throat and used his best wounded puppy voice, “I realized how stupid of me it was too let you go”

“You sure your tutor didn’t help you with that one genius?”

Angel bit his tongue and Buffy sighed.

“Look, it wasn’t working anyway Angel. I wanted different things and so did you. We grew apart if what we were was ever close enough to grow apart” she admitted.

“But I love you Buffy” he whined.

“No you don’t Angel, you love to fuck around and when you realized I wasn’t up for it, with you at least, you grabbed the nearest girl you could. How is Cordelia by the way?”

Just then Spike walked into the kitchen wearing only a towel around his narrow waist. With greedy eyes Buffy scanned his body hungrily. He leaned against the door frame and smirked, “See something you like kitten?”

Just as she was about to answer Angel heard the voice in the background and roared “Is that prick there with you Buffy”

Spike couldn’t hear what the person on the phone had said but Buffy’s face had lost the flirtatious smile she’d graced him with and turned red with anger.

“What did you just call him?”

“A prick” Angel repeated slowly as if she didn’t understand the word.

“Listen you pig headed son of a bitch, if you ever EVER call my guy anything close to bad again I will fucken’ kill you, do you understand me?”

Angel was furious and unable to comprehend the fact that she wanted William over himself. “Buffy, I have a few things to do today but I’ll be over in a few hours, we need to talk about this in person”

Spike winced when he saw the cat like smile that was nothing but malice flash across Buffy’s face, “Sounds like a date Angel”

They both hung up at the same time and Buffy turned to see Spike’s crestfallen features.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, all anger she’d felt for Angel replaced with concern for the man in front of her.

“You have a date...”he whispered, it wasn’t even a question.

“You’re not a genius William, you’re a retard with good grades!” she said exasperated.

Spike gasped, “What the hell is that about?” he yelled, his ego was already hurt badly enough.

Buffy pulled out a seat for him, “Sit down and eat your breakfast stupid” she said with an eye roll.

“Not until you tell me why you’re meeting up with Angel. I thought we had something special.” His voice shook and he damned himself for his vulnerability when it came to her.

Buffy heard the tears in the words and smiled softly, “We do have something special William, we always will. The expression ‘it’s a date’ doesn’t actually mean it’s a date, it means I’ll see you then, and the only reason I want him over is because I have some stuff I wanna give to him”

Spike sat across from her, “What kind of stuff?” he asked in a childish tone.

Buffy shrugged, “Just some things I should have given him a long time ago.”

Spike nodded his head and dug into the pancakes, “I’m sorry I kinda’ freaked out...”, truth be told his heart had almost stopped when he’d heard her ‘making a date’ with Angel.

She put her hand to his face and wiped some crumbs off gently, “S’okay, we’re new. There’s stuff we have to figure out as we go, I can guarantee you we’re gonna’ fight Spike and it’s gonna’ be hard.”

“It’s worth it to me Buffy”

“Kinda like when you study really hard for a chem test and end up with a high grade” she said teasingly.

“You have to study for those?” he rebutted with the same tone.

“Dork” Buffy said with a faux scowl and flicked him in the face, noticing the gash and the bruise on the other side.

He smiled, “these are really good, did you make them from scratch?”

Buffy laughed, “Fuck no, my aunt Jemima sent them over.”

Spike seemed satisfied with that and Buffy giggled, looking at the box of pancake mix on the counter, he was adorably naive.

When they we’re done cleaning up (and yes he actually helped) Buffy went upstairs to change. Coming down in a sports bra and baggy joggers Spike’s eyes bulged in appreciation.

“Got dressed up for me kitten?”

Buffy smirked, “Ya, we’ve got a date in the basement”

Spike smiled wide, dark room, small space...oh yeah, he liked the idea of that. Only when they got to the basement it wasn’t small or dark. It was large and bright. Three windows lined the far wall and the sunlight streamed in to reveal an in house gym.

Spike whistled, “This must have cost you a fortune” he whispered.

Buffy shook her head and smiled, tossing him a pair of basketball shorts Angel had left over.

“As cute as you look in a towel stud I think you should put these on.”

“Whose are they?”

“Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies”

Spike snarled, “Have they been washed at least, I don’t want poofter cooties on my bits”

Buffy laughed, “Ya princess, their clean. Never been worn, he bought them last week with the intention of using my gym but life is funny like that and now he won’t be needing them”

Spike tugged them on under the towel, once he was covered he turned to his girl.

“What now goldilocks?”

“Why ask Spike, you know you wanna’ dance” she said with a coy smile.




Sorry guys, I know I promised a Buffy vs Angel fight in this chappy but I thought it would be nice to lead up to it, next one I swear, plus Buffy and spike will be getting all sweaty and stuff in the next chap so don’t hit me okay LOL?

Thanx to the following who happen to kick major ass!!!

Blondiebear, cordykitten, Chris, SpaceLord, Laura Liz, MidnightGirl, Jenn, Opal, PhotographyNut, ash, ChrisNicole, Crystal Pegasus, Katakata (XXX) and Shelly, I don’t know what id do without you guys!
Xxx
Linz

Please let me know what you thought, a happy Linz posts nightly lol, so does an upset one but you know what i mean,,,, :)