Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I know I promised you guys some smut, I mean it's there in the summery and everything. It's turned out that I'm a bad, bad evil person and I promise to make it up to you! : )

The problem is, I just don't think that smut fits with the way story has been written. It was meant to, but well... Really sorry.
.
The months went by and by the time December came along there had been no major disasters, I’ been dating Spike for about 3 months and I was in love. Wasn’t quite ready to tell him that though, I mean he was wonderful, but I wasn’t so big on the trust back then. Honestly, I’m still not great with that!

Anyway, it was December and the whole school was buzzing about the Christmas dance, Spike hadn’t asked me, but honestly I never doubted for a second that he would. Things had been getting hot and heavy for a while now and I was ready to take the next step. My mom was nice enough to have a business trip the week of the dance, although if she’d known what I had planned, I doubt that she’d have gone.

Me Willow and Cordelia went dress shopping, we wanted the perfect dresses to make the guys eyes pop out. Whilst we where changing, the subject turned to the after party that Cordy was throwing.

“You’re coming, Buffy aren’t you?” Cordy asked me, turning in the mirror to get a side view of the red dress she was trying on.

“Well, Uhm… Not so much” I stammered, my face going as red as Cordy’s dress.

“What! Why?” They exclaimed, both of them looking up at me.

“I… I have an empty house and… Well… I think it might be The Night”

“Wow, really” Willow grinned at me.

“It’s about time” Cordelia said with a wry smile, “Think that poor boy’s gonna burst if you hold him off for too much longer”

We laughed and I settled my frazzled nerves by buying three pairs of new shoes, thank the Lord for rich and guilty daddies and their credit cards.

******************************************************************************

It was a couple of days later that Spike actually got around to asking me to the dance, we were sitting together on the fountain at school and he didn’t exactly ask me to the dance.

“So luv, you coming to Cordy’s party with me?” He seemed so sure of himself, far too cocky and I just had to knock him down a few pegs.

“Nope”

He moved off the fountain, to squat in front of me with an oh so sexy pout on his face. “What! Why not?” he looked suitably shocked, so I decided to be a bit nicer to him. Also, I had a habit of melting when he looked at me like that, so it was a given that I wouldn’t make him suffer anymore.

“Well, I’ve got this sexy boyfriend and an empty house, so…”

“You have an empty house” The smirk was back on his face.

“Yeah, and well, I can think of better things to do with it than leave it empty for the night” I replied with my own smirk.

Suddenly he was kissing me and it was a good thing he was holding on to me as well, or I’d have fallen backwards into the water. I just couldn’t get enough of his kisses. Unfortunately time always seemed to go so much faster when it was happening and I’d barely had a chance to kiss him back before the bell went signalling the end of lunch.

******************************************************************************

I wanted our first time to be special, I wanted everything and because of that both Cordelia and Willow were getting ready for the dance at my house, to stop me from accidentally burning it to the ground with my hair straighteners or any of the other million things that could go wrong. I was very good at convincing myself that the worst was going to happen, the fact that things were currently perfect didn’t help, it just made me worse.

“I’m going to be run over before I get there aren’t I?” I asked my friends “Or there will be a sudden flash flood and I’ll get washed away!”

Cordelia turned to Willow “Something’s going to happen to her if she doesn’t shut up!”

Willow agreed with Cordy and to stop myself from being gagged I agreed to shut up about possible disasters and just get ready.

I have to say that when the three of us were ready we were hot, Cordelia in her tight red halter-neck that spilled over the floor behind her, Willow in a long green strapless dress and me in blue. I loved my dress, so I’ll probably dwell on it quite a lot, like I said it was a very pale blue with a tight bodice and thick straps, the skirt was what I loved the most though, it was chiffon layers that floated to the ground at the back, but only came to my knees at the front, showing my legs off to their best advantage. It cost a fortune, but hey, dad had gone to Europe again and was feel extra guilty.

We had arranged to meet the guys at the dance and I couldn’t wait to see what Spike would look like in a tux. Yum.

******************************************************************************

Spike actually managed to look better than I had imagined and it took a lot to stop myself from grabbing him and leaving as soon as I got there.

The night was amazing, we talked and danced, but to be honest I couldn’t stop thinking about what we had planned for later, by the feel of it though, neither could he by the feel of it!

Willow grabbed me when Spike and Oz went off to get some punch,

“So, you two are definitely going to do the wild thing then?”

“Yeah, God Will, I can’t stop thinking about it, I mean, I’m really not sure am gonna last the whole dance” I confessed the last in a whisper and smiled at Spike as he came back.

I shivered as he pulled me towards him possessively, “Gonna go dance with my girl, Red” He said to Willow with a smirk, “Hope you don’t mind”

Willow grinned at him, “As long as that’s all you’re planning to do on the dance floor I’m happy!”

I burst out laughing, turning to Spike and seeing the flush on his face, “Aww, poor baby, did little Willow embarrass you?” I spoke running my hand down his body, stopping short of the waist band of his trousers, He looked like he might burst, so I thought I’d give him a little encouragement.

I leaned up to whisper in his ear “Need me to kiss it better for you?”

“Right that’s it!” He exclaimed, “We’re leaving!” He dragged me out of the dance barely giving me a chance to call a quick goodbye to Willow.

Honestly, you should never let a horny guy drive, it’s really not safe and by the time we pulled up onto my driveway I think my knuckles had become permanently white from the death grip I had on the seat.

Walking into my house I started to get a little unsure.

“Did you want something to drink?” I asked, turning to look at him.

“All I want right now is to take you to your bedroom, minx” He growled, pushing me against the wall and kissing me breathless.

We moved to the bedroom, but there was something I wanted no needed to say,

“Spike, I know I can be a pain and… Well… I just want you to know, I love you”

“Buffy. God, luv you’ve had my heart from the moment I first saw you” He moved to hug me. “Why do you think I chased you out of the lunch room? I love you too”

My heart melted, honestly I could feel my throat closing up at his words, “I just wanted you to know that this really means something to me.”

“And to me as well pet.”

He drew me in for a soft kiss, which slowly deepened, after a while, I felt his hand reaching for the zip at the back of my dress, drawing it down and slipping the straps down my arms, letting the dress pool at the floor.

******************************************************************************

It was hours after as I lay wrapped in his strong arms, looking up at his face I noticed that he was awake.

“Hello, gorgeous” he said kissing me softly.

I hugged him tighter, “Please don’t leave me” I whispered into his chest, he wasn’t supposed to hear me.

But before sleep claimed me, “I would never leave you Buffy.”