“I’m gonna fucking kill that woman!” Dad shouts. Mom grabs her coat which houses one of Angel’s miniature cameras and stalks after him. Dad breaks into a run and Mom pulls his coat to slow him.

“We don’t actually know that it’s Drusilla that’s got her.” Mom says, trying to pull Dad back to the house.

“Katy’s missing, Drusilla’s missing and so is Angel. Put two and two together and what do you get Buffy? Hmm? I’m not gonna sit around in that house and wait for the police to come when they’re probably sitting in their car somewhere eating dounuts or whatever it is this country’s coppers do, if we’re going to get her back we need to do it ourselves!”

“You think Angel’s involved?” Mom says, fear in her eyes at having mentioning that shit’s name.

“Well, if we put two and two together then it’s obvious.” Dad retorted.

“Angel? How could he be involved? He promised he’d never hurt me again.”

“Oh, come on Goldilocks! Of course he’s capable of doing this, he tried to rape you didn’t he?!”

“I know, I was there y’know.”

“I’m sorry baby, it’s just, Katelyn means the world to me and if I ever lost her I… we just need to find her.”

“I know. Where could they be anyway? There’s no hiding places in this town.”

“There’s an abandoned building just down the street, we could try there.” Dad says. I violently nod my head.

“He wouldn’t keep her so close, it’s not his style.” Mom says.

“Yes it is, I’m in that building come in and save me!” I shout at the screen.

“Well it’s worth a try.” My Dad says. Mom nods and walks to the building that I’m captured in. They stand there for a minute and look at it before my Dad goes up to the door. He twists at the nob and finds that it’s locked.

“It’s a burned building. They don’t usually keep them locked in Beverly Hills.” Dad wonders. He looks up at the window and sees that a light is on. Angel and Drusilla are still in the bedroom, and haven’t clicked on to the fact that there are two people standing outside, two very dangerous people, both blackbelts in martial arts. Dad takes about strides back and runs to the door. He kicks it down with one powerful kick and walks inside, Mom following. Angel and Drusilla run into the main room of the apartment, half naked and shouting. Dad’s at the door now, he’s knocking, why would he knock?

“I know you’re in there Angel, come out with my daughter and you won’t get hurt.

“Dad! Dad! I’m in here please come help mm….” Angel’s got one strong hand around my mouth and pulls something out the back pocket of his unfastened jeans. He presses it to my head, I think it’s a gun.

“Katy! Angel you bastard and you Drusilla! Listen to me. Come out with my daughter and I won’t tell the police about this.” Dad says calmly.

“I’ve got a gun Spike, try and get in this apartment and your precious daughter won’t see the light of day again.” Angel threatens. I can hear Mom and Dad talking outside but I don’t know what they are saying.

“What do you want Angel?” Mom shouts through the door.

“Well, let me think… You away from Captain Peroxide, this little whore killed and a nice big house in Hollywood owned by you and me.” Angel says and smirks.

“I’ll do anything Angel, just let me have my daughter back.” Mom pleads.

“One night.”

“One night?”

“With you.” Angel says. I can hear Dad talking to Mom, they’re arguing again.

“No.” Mom says calmly.

“Say goodbye to your daughter then.” Angel takes the safety off the gun and Mom and Dad can hear it click.

“Are you going to change your mind?” Angel says.

“Alright.” Mom says not to fondly. I can hear Dad punch a wall outside. “And I get Katy back in the morning?”

“And you get Katy back in the morning.”

“OK.” Angel smirks and starts telling me the things he’s gonna do with my mother, in the room right next to me, and maybe in just a few minutes! Angel walks over to the door and takes off the lock. He lets Mom in and my Dad just stays there. He winks at me but Angel doesn’t see. I smile to myself and look at my Mom. Mom gives me a scared smile and mouths something. I don’t know what she’s saying, I’m too gobsmacked that my mother said yes to spending a night with Angel. Drusilla smiles at them both and Mom and Angel walk into his bedroom.

“Keep an eye on her Dru, and if he tries to get in…” Angel hands her the gun and she smiles at him. The door locks behind Mom and Angel and I’m left with Drusilla. I can’t hear Dad’s breathing any more. I think he’s gone to get someone.

“Let’s play a little game shall we, let’s see how long I can touch you with my nails without screaming.” She stalks over to me and runs a nail across my wounds. She moves to a part of my skin that hasn’t been touched and runs her nail down it. I scream, loud, hoping that when I scream the game’s over. But it doesn’t look like it is, she carries on running her nails along my face, drawing blood each time.

All of a sudden, there’s a loud bang on the door, Drusilla reaches to grab the gun when the door’s kicked down. Standing there is my Dad and five police officers. Drusilla starts firing the gun and Angel runs out of the room with a tied up Mother of mine. He throws her over near to me and the police run for him. One grabs Drusilla’s arm and the gun flies out of her hand, right next to my feet. Angel starts beating up the police, he’s got two unconscious already. Gives me time to get out of these loose knots. The ones on my hands are easy to undo and they come off first, I then start on my feet. I stand up when all the knots are untied and kick the rope away from me. I pick up the gun and hide it from view. All the police are down now, Angel’s been shot in the shoulder but that doesn’t seem to hold him back. The only tow people standing now are Angel and Dad.

“Comes down to this.” Angel says.

“Leave right now and I won’t run after you.” Dad says.

“Last time you said that I had a room full of police.” Angel lunges at my Dad and begins to punch. Dad punches back but I think Angel is stronger. I take the gun out from under my shirt and aim. I know this is wrong but my hands don’t seem to care. I close my eyes and fire the gun. Angel stands there, a shocked expression on his face. There’s a little hole in his back where the bullet pierced him.

“Fuck.” Angel says before tumbling to the ground. Dad looks at me for a minute, gun still in my hand and manages a weak smile. He runs over to me and hugs me tight, like he always used to. Mom moans through her gag. Dad and I help untie her and, the bleeding body on the floor forgotten, we walk out of the apartment. Police and paramedics are rushing up the stairs to attend to Angel. Drusilla is nowhere in sight, it won’t be long before they find her too. As we walk down the stairs, Mom, Dad and me, we hear a police officer in the distance.

“Liam O’Connor, you are under arrest for kidnap and attepted rape. You do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be given in evidence, which you may later rely on in court.”

The sound is music to our ears.

Epilogue



They're arguing again. Mom and Dad. They never stop. They’re arguing about who gets to name the new baby that was conceived eight months ago. They’re sitting y the pool, arguing one minute, kissing the next. I wish they’d do that when my fourteen-year-old eyes aren’t there to look at them.

I look much better now, I’ve put on some weight, my scars have healed, except the ones on my arms where you can faintly see “Angel” and “Drusilla” carved in there, but they’re slowly fading. They found Drusilla, about a month after they arrested Angel, was found buying cocaine off a man on Melrose. Stupid really. But funny at the same time. Rachel ended up in foster care next door so she’s always round here, it was for the better, and she hates her Mom now. I've started seeing Mark, he's a really great guy when you get to know him. We'll be starting high school in the fall and their family are planning to vacation with mine this Christmas. We've all come a long way since "the incident" and I'm partly glad it happened because it brought my broken family back together.

Angel and Drusilla have been put away for the long haul, no chance of them getting out anytime soon. And as for me shooting Angel, not really something I like to talk about, but I got into no trouble over it, it was classed as self defense as he had me tied up in his house for five days straight. I even got thanked by a police officer.

As for Mom, she didn't have sex with Angel, the police got there just in time and she didn't have to go through with it. Dad had a few nicks and scrapes from his punch up with Angel but nothing too serious, Angel came off worse. Was in hospital for three months before he was put in prison, he's in the mental part of it now. I don't think it's helping but at least he can't hurt anyone in there now.

Dad touches Mom's stomach affectionately as he feels the baby kick for the seventh time in five minutes.

"He's gonna be a right bruiser, just like his Dad." I can hear Dad say. Mark and Rachel come up behind me and look at them.

We're like a fairytale out family.

And we all lived Happily Ever After.



Thank you to all the wonderful people who reviewed this story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you to Joss Whedon for creating Buffy the Vampire SlayerÔ and all it's characters, and for giving us eight blissful years of viewing pleasure. Remember, I do not own BtVS (though I really wouldn't mind having Spike) Joss does, god bless him!

Rachel_13