Chapter 14

They were all sitting around the table for dinner the next night.

Buffy and Spike were across from each other, neither able to look away from the other.

Joyce decided to be the one to start a conversation. “So, how is school going?”

No one had anything to say to that, until Spike finally spoke up.

“School is going very well, Joyce. I never knew I would learn to like it here so much,” he said, his eyes turning back to Buffy.

She looked away from his intense stare and hoped that no one else noticed it.

Joyce just seemed pleased with his answer. “Well, I’m very glad to hear that.”

The others started to feel more comfortable and talked about what was going on with them at school.

Buffy and Spike tuned everyone out and remained focused on each other.

She grinned when she got an idea and lightly brushed her foot against his leg.

His eyes bulged at what she was doing.

Buffy felt satisfied by his reaction and moved her foot up higher.

Spike gripped the edge of the table and tried to remain in control. She would definitely get it later. He suddenly lost it when her foot reached his crotch. “Bloody hell,” he gasped and noticed the confused expressions around him.

Buffy removed her foot and glanced down at the plate in front of her, not being able to keep the smile off of her face.

“Are you all right, son?”

Spike looked at his father and nodded. “Yeah, it was nothing.”

Giles nodded as well and continued talking with Joyce.

Spike stared at Buffy, who was trying not to laugh. Oh, she would definitely be getting it. He then raised his foot under the table and kicked her, but tried not to do it too hard.

“Ow, what the hell was that for?” she said, rubbing her leg.

Spike shrugged when he once again noticed everyone’s gaze on him. “Sorry, was that you? I guess I just slipped,” he said with a smirk.

Buffy glared daggers at him, but didn’t say anything else about it. She just returned to her food, planning on paying him back for that.


* * * * *


Buffy grabbed Spike’s arm when he walked by her room and pulled him inside. She closed the door and crossed her arms over her chest.

He only smiled. “Well, now that you have me alone. What do you plan on doing with me?”

She just pushed him onto her bed and got on top of him. “You are truly evil.”

“What can I tell you, baby? I’ve always been bad,” he replied with a waggle of his eyebrows.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Yeah, somehow I doubt that. I know about your past, or did you forget?”

Spike shook his head. “You don’t know everything.”

“No, but I know enough. It’s only a matter of time until you tell me more. It would only be fair, after all.”

He sat up and put his arm around her. “I’m sure there’s a lot I don’t know about you, either. I would like to know more about your father.”

Buffy looked away from his gaze. “It’s not always easy for me to talk about.” She glanced back up at him after a moment. “What about your mother? You never talk about her.”

Spike took a deep breath. “She died when I was seven. I don’t remember all that much about her. I just know that she was incredibly beautiful. My dad showed us pictures over the years, especially to Connor. The poor kid hardly has any memories of her. I know that she used to sing to us when it was hard to sleep. The sound of her voice was always so soothing. She was American and my dad met her when she was visiting friends in London. She ended up moving there to be with him.” He stopped and looked into Buffy’s eyes, caressing her cheek lightly. “I know that she would have loved you.”

Buffy felt touched by his words, and that he was finally starting to open up to her. She moved closer to him and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

Spike returned her kiss and knew that he finally found everything he has always wanted.


* * * * *


Buffy walked outside to dump the trash because unfortunately, it was her turn. She was about to head back in the house, but a sound stopped her. She noticed that it was someone crying. She then made her way to the tree house that was in the yard. Her father built it when they were all younger. She got closer and realized that Cordelia was sitting at the bottom of the tree house, her head buried in her hands. She went to her side and sat down next to her.

Cordelia raised her head to see who it was and quickly wiped her eyes.

Buffy couldn’t remember ever seeing her sister like this. It started to make her worried. “Are you okay?”

She shook her head. “I don’t know what my problem is. He’s such a jerk; I should just be over him by now.”

Buffy nodded and had a feeling she was talking about Angel. “What happened?” she wondered.

Cordelia took a deep breath before she spoke. “I found him at the Bronze with another girl. He didn’t waste anytime, it’s like what we had didn’t mean anything to him. I know that I shouldn’t even care after what he did to you, but I actually thought we had something special. God, I feel so stupid.”

Buffy patted her sister’s back to give her some comfort. “He’s the stupid one, Cordy. The only person that Angel cares about is himself. I just wish we could do something to prove that he’s not the great guy everyone thinks he is. His reputation means everything to him. It’s about time the truth came out.”

Cordelia looked at her. “What did you have in mind?”

Buffy shrugged. “I don’t know yet, but something has to be done.”

Cordelia couldn’t agree more.


* * * * *


Buffy smiled when she finished talking with Riley. She got Lorne and Fred involved as well since they both also went to UC Sunnydale. She had a plan to bring Angel down and nothing would stand in her way. He was finally going to get what he deserved.